Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27  All

Author Topic: NewMafia VI (6) (Newbie Game) - Game over, Town wins flawlessly  (Read 89084 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia VI (6) (Newbie Game) - Day 2
« Reply #625 on: August 26, 2014, 02:00:36 pm »

Was there a speccy? Scum QT?

ah true I would like to see those if possible. although they are both probably really short. I'm curious on why mailmi killed joth also

I'm guessing to try to implicate TA.  That was one of my decisions on voting Mail-Mi; I thought he was more likely to make that choice than others.  I could be wrong though.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 26, 2014, 02:01:57 pm »

From Volt:

WW is mafia. I'm not making a joke here, I really think that.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 26, 2014, 02:06:03 pm »

I'm rusty.  :P

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 26, 2014, 02:09:59 pm »

I alone had twice as many posts as the entire scum team. pacofv has thrice as many.

The lesson is, active town is a winning town!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 26, 2014, 02:11:33 pm »

I alone had twice as many posts as the entire scum team. pacofv has thrice as many.

The lesson is, active town is a winning town!
It's going to take me forever to start getting pacovf's name right every time.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 26, 2014, 02:16:54 pm »

One thing I would say to Pacofv: The only thing that made me kind of consider that you might be scum is your Day 2 claim of your Day 1 certainty of SK being scum.  I think that was an exaggeration, because I don't think you had just cause to be certain.   I was fairly confident about SK, a few others were, most were on the fence.  Even a lot in the speccy thought it was a mislynch.  It made you look scummy here because it's almost like you're overcompensating for suspecting your partner, and also it looked like you were trying to fully justify you trying to lynch TA over SK. 

But the rest of your play seemed really unlikely to come from scum.

I think my remaining lynch choices would have been Mail-Mi > Eevee > TA > Pacofv.  I typed up my Mail-Mi vote this morning and did a quick reread of most of Day 2 before posting it.  It left me with a more town feeling on TA, and I didn't exactly think Eevee looked scummier, but TA moved more townie than him.  If Mail-Mi was a mislynch it would have been a tossup between TA/Eevee, and I probably would have put some more consideration to Pacofv and Hydrad.

I wasn't that sure Mail-Mi would be scum, but I basically knew he was going to get lynched eventually anyway, so it seemed the best play to do it now.  A final day of, say, Mail-Mi, TA, Pacofv would be a big challenge I think.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 26, 2014, 02:19:40 pm »

It's going to take me forever to start getting pacovf's name right every time.

Yes please, I've been meaning to tell you that!

Also, I was convinced Eevee was scum, but yeah I definitely wanted to get mail-mi first just in case. And I obviously caught on Hydrad as the cop (see my sudden change of opinion on TA). That "should I claim doctor" was suspicious, but this:

I will say for me my strongest townread is TA with zappie right behind

then WW is townish for me while pacovf is null for me

eevee seems scummy and mailmi is who I want to lynch.

Thats where I stand on this and I don't think there is much you guys can say that will make me want to lynch TA. His posts feel really towny to me. I'm terrible at explaining why I think people are towny so I'm sorry for that but I really think we should try other people.

was crazy obvious.

Oh, hey, sorry Pavocf! I was really thrown off by your not wanting to lynch a newbie D1 -- it made no sense to me, and just seemed like a cover for not lynching SK.

Yeah, halfway through D1, I realized that it was going to look bad for me. I'm surprised by how 100% sure you were that I was scum, though!

PPE 1
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 26, 2014, 02:22:12 pm »

I didn't catch on on Hydrad being cop, or even having a PR.  I think when I read his Doctor statement I considered it being a Doctor slip but thought he wouldn't do that because obvious.  I didn't think about it indicating a different PR>

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 26, 2014, 02:23:38 pm »

I guess i didn't give you the same activity town points everyone else did -- knowing your posting style, I'm sure you'd be just as active, if not more so, as scum!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 26, 2014, 02:25:28 pm »

WW would you of figured out that TA was who I investigated if I died during the night and flipped cop? I was really struggling for how to get the info out without scum knowing. looks like I underestimated to many of you.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 26, 2014, 02:28:44 pm »

WW would you of figured out that TA was who I investigated if I died during the night and flipped cop? I was really struggling for how to get the info out without scum knowing. looks like I underestimated to many of you.

I think you dropped enough hints, yes.. you flipping Cop coupled with being very certain on TA is sufficient. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 26, 2014, 02:29:08 pm »

I didn't catch it real-time, but I truly suck at catching things like that. I relatively certain any combination of players would have figured it out tomorrow if you got killed, though. You did well.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 26, 2014, 02:29:29 pm »

If anything, there were too many hints.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 26, 2014, 02:30:51 pm »

I guess i didn't give you the same activity town points everyone else did -- knowing your posting style, I'm sure you'd be just as active, if not more so, as scum!

While I might still be active in future games (probably less so, I'd say 1/3 of my questions were about how games are played, rather than this game itself), there is no way in Hell I am spending half as much time on them as I did on this one. The reread I did after Eevee told me I was all but lynched took me forever.

One thing I would say to Pacofv: The only thing that made me kind of consider that you might be scum is your Day 2 claim of your Day 1 certainty of SK being scum.

I don't know, I might have been too bold with that statement. Obviously I wasn't 100% certain, but still. After people called me out on my level of certainty, I realized why that would look bad, but I had said so already. I will definitely be more careful in the future.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 26, 2014, 02:33:32 pm »

I'm glad you got to be alive when we ended this. Very deserved after all that effort!

It wasn't wasted either. You got me too se the light!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 26, 2014, 02:41:39 pm »

Haha, it made me suspect you though. I kinda wish it hadn't been mail-mi, we were all chasing wild geese because we were only analyzing the posts of town.

Shame that there was basically no analysis on the speccy about D2, I would have liked to know what they thinked from the outside.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 26, 2014, 02:57:49 pm »

I have to say, I had the feeling that SK hadn't been coached at all, because of his first post here ("something existential"), which would point to Eevee (ID wasn't here when the game started).

I guess I was only halfway wrong.

Huge thanks to the mods by the way! This was fun.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 26, 2014, 03:01:30 pm »

Haha, it made me suspect you though. I kinda wish it hadn't been mail-mi, we were all chasing wild geese because we were only analyzing the posts of town.

Shame that there was basically no analysis on the speccy about D2, I would have liked to know what they thinked from the outside.

Hey, you did all my analysis for me.  Like I said: 
I still plan on sheeping pacovf D2 with my reads.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Zappie

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 26, 2014, 03:28:15 pm »

("I agree that WW isn't nearly as much of an IC as Zappie." -  IC?)

yeeh i won my first game! flawlessly!

I still want to go back a bit where someone said that VT slips are bad - is that so? I mean if the people know others are VT there is a higher chance of a good lynch, even though PR can get caught easier too.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 26, 2014, 03:33:16 pm »

It's bad, because it tells scum who the power roles are and helps them kill them off.

This game we figured it out without any special role information, but they are insanely strong and important.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 26, 2014, 03:34:08 pm »

("I agree that WW isn't nearly as much of an IC as Zappie." -  IC?)

IC means Innocent Child.  It is a PR where the mod confirms someone as town to everyone. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Zappie

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 26, 2014, 03:37:19 pm »

Reading the QT's is so fun.

I am of course pretty noob but I did slip on purpose, thinking that it would be good for town and would give me personal town points. Also i did like the idea of creating a bit 'real content' on day one. And any comments about it I posted have a real truth in it.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 26, 2014, 03:56:23 pm »

This game we figured it out without any special role information,

Don't know. Would you have moved your vote away from me if I hadn't suddenly said that I didn't want to lynch TA, and that I was happy dying? Because that wouldn't have happened without Hydrad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 26, 2014, 03:59:23 pm »

This game we figured it out without any special role information,

Don't know. Would you have moved your vote away from me if I hadn't suddenly said that I didn't want to lynch TA, and that I was happy dying? Because that wouldn't have happened without Hydrad.
Hard to say, though maybe (words, they are wind).

Power roles certainly played an unusually small role in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.