Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How did I lose on this GM board to Bandit Camp?  (Read 1957 times)

Blueswan

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
How did I lose on this GM board to Bandit Camp?
« on: May 30, 2014, 11:32:20 am »

Code: [Select]
Native Village, Masquerade, Tunnel, Conspirator, Feast, Scavenger, Baker, Bandit Camp, Royal Seal, Grand Market

So I figured there was a huge GM-Conspirator-Baker engine here with Masq providing the trashing.

But I lost to the bot playing a Bandit Camp-Conspirator "engine". The bot never even bought Masquerade!

The log is here: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140530/log.50f70ca7e4b0c53c94b0ca2d.1401463531810.txt

I tried to avoid buying treasure aside from a single silver, instead playing Bakers to gain coins with which to buy GM's.

I think I made at least a few mistakes here:

1) I didn't play Masq heavily enough. More aggressive Masq play could possibly have made the bot choke more.

2) I should probably have either bought a bit more early treasure OR bought a Bandit Camp to use the spoils to buy GM's.

Still I'm really surprised that the bot could buy 8 provinces in 18 turns with just 3 Conpirators, 2 Bandit Camps and 1 Baker.

Would love to hear what the experts think.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:36:03 am by Blueswan »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
Re: How did I lose on this GM board to Bandit Camp?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:40:50 am »
+3

You got too many Bakers, economy-wise both Bandit Camp and Conspirator are better. And with Masq being the only draw and trashing, you absolutely want a 2nd, especially if your opponent is skipping it, allowing you to trash with reckless abandon.

Blueswan

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »

You got too many Bakers, economy-wise both Bandit Camp and Conspirator are better. And with Masq being the only draw and trashing, you absolutely want a 2nd, especially if your opponent is skipping it, allowing you to trash with reckless abandon.
Thanks. Going for the big GM-engine is still the right call in general, right? Or is it too slow to set up?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:14:52 pm »
+2

Thanks. Going for the big GM-engine is still the right call in general, right? Or is it too slow to set up?

Yeah, the GM/Conspirator engine is the way to go.  BC in an engine is actually a really good card;  this is especially true when you can draw through your deck and then some more.  What it does is concentrates your actions and draw in you deck and then allows you to pick up your payload of Spoils.  Then you spend the Spoils and they are out of your deck helping to increase the reliability of your draw engine.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 02:13:55 pm »

Still I'm really surprised that the bot could buy 8 provinces in 18 turns with just 3 Conpirators, 2 Bandit Camps and 1 Baker.

It is a baker game and that extra coin token does seem to speed things up. Your masquerade was always going to help your opponent slightly too since it eventually trades your opponent's shelters for copper, but you also passed a conspirator on the last turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.