Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Procession and Embargo Variants  (Read 2659 times)

ta56636

• Bishop
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Procession and Embargo Variants
« on: May 16, 2014, 04:43:39 pm »

Code: [Select]
Succession
$4 Action

You may plan an Action card from your hand twice.  Trash it.  Gain two copies of a Card costing 1 less than it.

Hopefully fairly clear: Half procession, half stonemason.  I think it's possibly stronger as a $4 than as a $3 due to self synergy.

Code: [Select]
Sanction
$2 Action

Choose one: +2 Cards; or +2 Actions; or +$2

Trash this card.  Put a Sanction token on top of a Kingdom pile.

-------

If anyone plays a card with a Sanction token on it: Return it to the supply. Then then choose one per Sanction token: +2 Cards; or +2 Actions; or +$2

Hopefully clear.  I'm aiming for something that you can either try to scupper your opponent with (forcing them to return a key engine component to the supply), or help you by building up a powerful one-shot card.

I'm slightly expecting it to be broken in some way though!  (it's return to the supply rather than trash to stop it being broken with Fortress)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
Re: Procession and Embargo Variants
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:19:27 pm »
+1

Man, any game with both Succession and Procession would be insane.

ta56636

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 04:48:46 pm »

Man, any game with both Succession and Procession would be insane.

Possibly (it does sound fun anyway).  Although I imagine that the deck might bloat making it more difficult to connect the cards you wanted to...

I do wonder whether it should be: Gain two copies of an *Action* Card costing 1 less than it.

Otherwise you might end up forced to pick up estates if you use it on an 3 and there's no 2s in the kingdom.  Although playing it on a 3 is probably pretty undesirable anyway and it would take away some utility (6s into double duchy late in game, or 4s into double silver).  Maybe best as it is...

ta56636

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:30:28 am »

Any thoughts on these before I print them out and give them a try?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 10:39:24 am »

The wording for Sanction is confusing.  For instance, some of your below-the-line clauses don't have subjects, so I'm not sure who performs the actions.  You should look at how Donald phrases effects on similar cards.
Well you *do* need a signature...

ta56636

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 11:28:01 am »

The wording for Sanction is confusing.  For instance, some of your below-the-line clauses don't have subjects, so I'm not sure who performs the actions.  You should look at how Donald phrases effects on similar cards.

Sorry - tried to copy of Embargo: is this better (I had tried to avoid "player plays" before)?

When a player plays a card with a Sanction token on it they return it to the supply. They then choose one per Sanction token: +2 Cards; or +2 Actions; or +$2

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3294
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 12:17:42 pm »

my gutt says succession is broken, but it's a hard one to judge.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10727
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 12:26:42 pm »

Sorry - tried to copy of Embargo: is this better (I had tried to avoid "player plays" before)?

When a player plays a card with a Sanction token on it they return it to the supply. They then choose one per Sanction token: +2 Cards; or +2 Actions; or +$2

This also doesn't work. There are never any tokens on the card being played.

When a player plays an Action card, if there are any Sanction tokens on its pile, …

ta56636

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 07:06:59 pm »

This also doesn't work. There are never any tokens on the card being played.

When a player plays an Action card, if there are any Sanction tokens on its pile, …

Ah - much better - thank you
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.