Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 246240 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 2 Underway!)
« Reply #675 on: May 15, 2014, 10:11:53 am »

Has mail mi posted?  I'm wondering if he used his prize.
okay so I'm just going to come out and claim this now: the prize was a bit mediocre. It allowed me to spy on any other frat, and I had to use it before the halfway point of D1. So, PNK, I've been spying on you.

Yeah, we know.

How did you know?

This, so much.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 15, 2014, 11:27:04 am »

I'm not saying that Yuma's reads aren't worth analyzing but I'm willing to bet that him being a Dayvig was a bigger factor in him being the NK.

Well, yes, but a someone that thought Yuma had a scum read on them might want to get rid of him to avoid getting vig'd. 

But Yuma's reads are worth considering because he has decent reads.  I don't think there was any kind of misdirection or ulterior motive there.. I think he predicted he might die during the night, so he wanted to get any last thoughts out during twilight. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 15, 2014, 11:40:37 am »

Why is Faust IC-ish?

I think this was Axxle thinking that Yuma's action was a night action, that Yuma would target Faust (because of a scum read on him), and Yuma was therefore killed because Faust was town.  (Yuma's role was a dayvig that backfired and killed himself if he did not target scum.)  I think Axxle recanted it once it was pointed out that Yuma's ability was day only.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 15, 2014, 11:50:50 am »

okay so I'm just going to come out and claim this now: the prize was a bit mediocre. It allowed me to spy on any other frat, and I had to use it before the halfway point of D1. So, PNK, I've been spying on you.

Yeah, we know.

How did you know?

This, so much.

ash said something like someone is probably in the house and gave us another QT.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 15, 2014, 11:57:33 am »

intent to vote teproc
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 15, 2014, 12:02:19 pm »

Yeah, we know.

How did you know?

This, so much.

ash said something like someone is probably in the house and gave us another QT.

Wait, so Mail-Mi gets an item that lets him spy on a house.  He chooses your house.  Then Ash tells everyone in your house that you have a spy and to use another QT? (I suppose through PM's.) That seems to kind of defeat the purpose of spying.

I guess it's easy to verify, though.  And this makes what Axxle was saying make a little more sense.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 15, 2014, 12:09:05 pm »

Would love some Doctor protection, by the way.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 15, 2014, 12:19:48 pm »

Yeah, we know.

How did you know?

This, so much.

Wait, so Mail-Mi gets an item that lets him spy on a house.  He chooses your house.  Then Ash tells everyone in your house that you have a spy and to use another QT? (I suppose through PM's.) That seems to kind of defeat the purpose of spying.

I guess it's easy to verify, though.  And this makes what Axxle was saying make a little more sense.

Actually, that gives me some ideas.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 15, 2014, 12:29:05 pm »

I realized I hadn't posted here yet. Well, not much to say. We should follow Robz here for sure. I have no reason to think Teproc is town.

I can confirm the infiltration of our sorority. I was inclined to think that the person going for the prize tonight might be scum, because it's an anti-town prize, but it turns out that problem solved itself. Still, seriously guys, read the mod posts, they're important. I will not accept excuses like that in the future. Slight FOS on mail-mi for that.

We should also note that scum can always talk during the Scare Games. That means tonight, scum could talk to more people to solve the riddle, and thus they're more likely to win.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 15, 2014, 12:30:30 pm »

Robz, why did you claim your result right at the beginning, though? You killed all other wagons and interactions we could have had today.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 15, 2014, 12:51:26 pm »

Robz, why did you claim your result right at the beginning, though? You killed all other wagons and interactions we could have had today.

Sorry. As far as I can recall, I have *never* received an incriminating night result in 50 mafia games. I was super excited. And since I'm currently traveling and have unsteady access, I wanted to just get the revelation out of the way.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 15, 2014, 02:30:18 pm »

I don't understand the decision not to go for the lynchproof prize.  Wouldn't town prefer to have control of it, so you would try to get it if you could?  How was that decision made (who said what?)

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 15, 2014, 02:41:25 pm »

I don't understand the decision not to go for the lynchproof prize.  Wouldn't town prefer to have control of it, so you would try to get it if you could?  How was that decision made (who said what?)
If no one went for it no one would have it.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 15, 2014, 03:13:03 pm »

How do you know this?  He may have just awarded it randomly.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 15, 2014, 03:50:09 pm »

We were told we were competing to win it, if we don't win it we don't get it. There wasn't any rule about what happens if no one wins it.

Vote: Teproc

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2014, 03:53:48 pm »

We were told we were competing to win it, if we don't win it we don't get it. There wasn't any rule about what happens if no one wins it.

Vote: Teproc

Well, first competition was best-score-wins, I would think this one was closest-submission-wins.  If no one submitted anything, it would be like three people tying, and there's probably some way to determine ties.

Why do you want to vote for Teproc now?  Do you disagree with Arch's warning?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 15, 2014, 03:55:50 pm »

I don't really think we'll get much more out of today and others can unvote if they really want.

Why didn't you mention anything when I stated intent to vote?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 15, 2014, 03:58:52 pm »

I don't really think we'll get much more out of today and others can unvote if they really want.

Why didn't you mention anything when I stated intent to vote?

I had assumed you were stating intent so that you hard a record down that you were in to vote, but were going to wait until we're ready to proceed.. at least an okay from the IC's.  It's only been about a day and there are a handfull of people that haven't posted much.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 15, 2014, 04:00:02 pm »

Unvote

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 15, 2014, 04:04:15 pm »

at least an okay from the IC's.
NO!

The ICs are NOT the gods of this game. They're confirmed town, sure, but that just means that we can trust them not to manipulate us. That does not mean their opinions should dictate EVERYTHING we do.

I mean look at yesterday. There was so much waiting for IC permission before they pursued anything that we completely flailed at the deadline.

If *you* want the day to go longer say it. Don't hide behind an IC.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 15, 2014, 04:04:38 pm »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 15, 2014, 04:09:21 pm »

But we can trust that the IC's opinion will be what they legitimately think is in our best interest.  We can't think that of anyone else.  So it makes sense to take their ideas into consideration.  I'm not saying blindly follow them, but something like not ending today after less than 24 hours seems very reasonable. 

Chairs' last message was "Actually, that gives me some ideas."  There may have been something he wanted to pursue today.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 15, 2014, 04:15:13 pm »

And not just the IC's.  Archetype and Faust have barely posted.  Other people might want to reread.  Teproc reads to me like someone who knows he's caught, in which case quickhammering himself might be a good choice.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 15, 2014, 05:16:38 pm »

But we can trust that the IC's opinion will be what they legitimately think is in our best interest.  We can't think that of anyone else.  So it makes sense to take their ideas into consideration.  I'm not saying blindly follow them, but something like not ending today after less than 24 hours seems very reasonable. 

Chairs' last message was "Actually, that gives me some ideas."  There may have been something he wanted to pursue today.

Well... basically it makes my read on mail-mi a bit more leaning towards town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 15, 2014, 06:35:34 pm »

Well... basically it makes my read on mail-mi a bit more leaning towards town.

Why is this?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.