Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM15: Innovation II - TOWN WINS!  (Read 173290 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM15: Innovation II - Day 2!
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2014, 11:35:54 am »

I'm showing the quote because D1, you obviously were willing to send items to sudgy, and yet you didn't do it.
I was willing and I am still willing - my motivations are different from yuma's; I simply didn't know what sudgy wanted and he did not make clear that everyone should send him something. Also, I wasn't sure how the item-sending worked and didn't want to go to the trouble of asking the mod (yeah, I know I'm lazy)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2014, 11:42:50 am »

I'm showing the quote because D1, you obviously were willing to send items to sudgy, and yet you didn't do it.
I was willing and I am still willing - my motivations are different from yuma's; I simply didn't know what sudgy wanted and he did not make clear that everyone should send him something. Also, I wasn't sure how the item-sending worked and didn't want to go to the trouble of asking the mod (yeah, I know I'm lazy)

Not buying this. Not buying this at all.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 03, 2014, 11:43:52 am »

sudgy made it very clear we were to send him an item each. The only thing that was unclear was who we were potatoing.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 03, 2014, 11:51:27 am »

So what's the actual problem? I can just send him the items tonight (that is, if you don't lynch me) and you can tell me what to send to show I didn't use those items. Town isn't hurt at all by getting sudgy 1 item 1 day late.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 03, 2014, 11:52:55 am »

So what's the actual problem? I can just send him the items tonight (that is, if you don't lynch me) and you can tell me what to send to show I didn't use those items. Town isn't hurt at all by getting sudgy 1 item 1 day late.

It's not about sudgy not getting items, it's about you being scum.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 03, 2014, 11:54:10 am »

But why would it help me as scum? I haven't used and won't use any of the items.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 03, 2014, 11:55:47 am »

But why would it help me as scum? I haven't used and won't use any of the items.

Yeah um we have no way of knowing that. Scum wants to keep their items. Town had a clear plan to give them to the IC. You came up with a flimsy reason to keep your items. Your night item actions make way more sense as scum.

Also, your behavior and reaction to this situation has been incredibly scummy.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 03, 2014, 12:02:25 pm »

Anyone else coming to the same conclusion as these three? If not, I'm calling a scum team that includes at the very least two of Faust/ww/volt. This is OMGUS to some extent, but I think their arguments make so little sense town would not be likely to come up with them.

Also, if everyone's so sure, it's probably in your best interest to leave me alive so I can send all my items to sudgy or whoever. You can lynch me afterward, but let me give away the stuff first so it doesn't get wasted. We're in day2, so there should be some other towny - enough people to give them to if sudgy has way too many items.

PPE: you can confirm tomorrow I'll have sent off the items. Actually, maybe the potato might be useful?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 03, 2014, 12:08:58 pm »

Anyone else coming to the same conclusion as these three? If not, I'm calling a scum team that includes at the very least two of Faust/ww/volt. This is OMGUS to some extent, but I think their arguments make so little sense town would not be likely to come up with them.

Also, if everyone's so sure, it's probably in your best interest to leave me alive so I can send all my items to sudgy or whoever. You can lynch me afterward, but let me give away the stuff first so it doesn't get wasted. We're in day2, so there should be some other towny - enough people to give them to if sudgy has way too many items.

PPE: you can confirm tomorrow I'll have sent off the items. Actually, maybe the potato might be useful?

Not sure why I'm in the set with Faust and Volt.  I just correlated the three scenarios (you and Yuma are both scum, only one scum, or neither scum) to the item claiming made by the scum.  I'm not yet sure which of those three scenarios is most likely.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 03, 2014, 12:12:34 pm »

Now I wouldn't really mind if you were modkilled, but for fairness' sake, recall that there are some things we are not allowed to talk about.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2014, 12:18:08 pm »

I don't really feel like responding to Xerxes any more. It's apparent that he just makes up arguments out of thin air, and they crumble as soon as you look at them twice. Let's just lynch him later and use the remaining time to figure out what to do with our items now that we aren't allowed to send them to sudgy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2014, 12:38:11 pm »

I was willing and I am still willing - my motivations are different from yuma's;

The point of the plan was to try to catch scum in a lie, and it involved every single person sending an item.  It's too late now.
I simply didn't know what sudgy wanted and he did not make clear that everyone should send him something.

Regarding sending items, this is what I want everyone to do: Each player send me one item tonight.  If possible, give me a badge or bandage to ensure I get a firefighter, then maybe a privacy curtain later.  Tomorrow I want everyone to tell me what they gave me, and I'll check and see what groups could be telling the truth.  I don't want any more discussion on this plan so that we can discuss better things (LIKE SCUMHUNTING).

That seems pretty not-clear.

I agree that the situation and his reaction make Xerxes likely to be scum.  Vote: XerxesPraelor.  I guess now that makes a scumteam with the IC?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2014, 01:59:25 pm »

And xp goes quiet after it's clear the IC isn't falling for it.

Unless someone thinks they can sort out XP's partners today, let's quickhammer and get on with it.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2014, 02:09:33 pm »

It's not like I can do anything about it - also I was eating dinner. We have time, so if enough people decide they want to lynch me, I'd like to self-hammer instead of getting hammered, so I can say something without it getting immediately classified as scum talking.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2014, 02:11:59 pm »

Unless someone thinks they can sort out XP's partners today, let's quickhammer and get on with it.

I don't want to end the day short, and I have no idea why you would. 

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 03, 2014, 02:17:22 pm »

I think we've caught scum. Now, a lot of thread bloat is going to happen, at which point we'll lynch XP.

Unless we've missed something huge, that's all that will happen.

There are situations where I think we artificially prolong days, because in a vacuum, ending days early sounds bad. We fail to look at the specifics.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2014, 02:30:12 pm »

I think we've caught scum. Now, a lot of thread bloat is going to happen, at which point we'll lynch XP.

Unless we've missed something huge, that's all that will happen.

There are situations where I think we artificially prolong days, because in a vacuum, ending days early sounds bad. We fail to look at the specifics.

I want to hear what more people have to say.  Especially Yuma, because he is the other one who didn't send an item to Sudgy, and he was vocal about not having an item-sending strategy.

Plus there are other things to analyze.  There is a scum that lied about sending items (in the most probable scenario), and that is not Xerxes, so I want to consider that.  Though maybe this won't be useful until a later day.

There are also non-item things.  To this point:

Sudgy, can you confirm that you did receive the bomb and sent it to PPS?  Did you do any kind of investigations that could be relevant?  (Okay, obviously don't answer that if you think it gives away too much on what you items did/didn't make/use.) If you did receive the bomb, can you let us know what time?  (Are we allowed to ask that kind of thing?  Was it decided that looking at timing of night actions was against the spirit of the game?)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2014, 02:48:33 pm »

Caught up. Vote: xerxes

I have a mild scum read on PPS, and there's too many possibilities and too much WIFOM for the fact that he sent to bomb to arch to clear him. My scum read on him goes up if xerxes flips scum I think. Jimmmm's been mega-lurking, and people I think are town are suspicious of him, so scum read on him too.

Feeling pretty towny about Yuma, Ash and Volt. I don't have the energy to fish out specific quotes, this all just general impressions from a reread.

Also I never saw the potato last night if we're still keeping track of that.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2014, 02:53:25 pm »

Feeling pretty towny about Yuma, Ash and Volt.

#thingsyoullneverhearagain

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2014, 02:57:54 pm »

So from Sudgy, organized by item claimed:

Paper: Ash, WW, ADK
Badge: Jimmm, Xeiron
Bandage: PPS
Magnifying Glass: Voltaire, Faust

One of those groups has a scum in it, given that Archetype sent something.  I might guess that scum would be earlier to claim the item sent, rather than later. Doing it late makes it look like you're waiting to see what the optimal claim is.  Claiming early has a risk that you may be the only one in the group, but the chance that Sudgy was sent at least one of each item was probably good.  That's just speculation, though.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2014, 03:18:48 pm »

Sudgy, can you confirm that you did receive the bomb and sent it to PPS?  Did you do any kind of investigations that could be relevant?  (Okay, obviously don't answer that if you think it gives away too much on what you items did/didn't make/use.) If you did receive the bomb, can you let us know what time?  (Are we allowed to ask that kind of thing?  Was it decided that looking at timing of night actions was against the spirit of the game?)

I did get it, so that means the mafia sent it to me (because I'm the IC).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 03, 2014, 03:28:41 pm »

I did get it, so that means the mafia sent it to me (because I'm the IC).

Okay, so MafiaStart -> Sudgy -> PPS -> Archetype is correct, since no one has stepped up and said they were in the chain.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 03, 2014, 04:34:04 pm »

vote: XP

I think Voltaire is bussing (sorry dude).  Although it could be Faust that's bussing, given my scumread there.  But really, Volt's posts read like bussing.

I didn't check the vote count as it won't bother me if this is the hammer.  I doubt it is, though.  Off the top of my head, that's 5 votes?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 03, 2014, 04:38:07 pm »

Nope, not bussing (sorry dude).

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 03, 2014, 05:28:50 pm »

So from Sudgy, organized by item claimed:

Paper: Ash, WW, ADK
Badge: Jimmm, Xeiron
Bandage: PPS
Magnifying Glass: Voltaire, Faust

One of those groups has a scum in it, given that Archetype sent something.  I might guess that scum would be earlier to claim the item sent, rather than later. Doing it late makes it look like you're waiting to see what the optimal claim is.  Claiming early has a risk that you may be the only one in the group, but the chance that Sudgy was sent at least one of each item was probably good.  That's just speculation, though.

We know there are three persons who have each of the items.

Yuma, Xerxes and Sudgy should item claim. (Sudgy last) That way we get to know what item Archetype had. (actually, we get to know what item the scum-claiming-to-have-sent-the-same-items-as-Achetype really has, but it is probably the same thing)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 15 queries.