Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An Engine of Cards Costing $2 or Less  (Read 1229 times)

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
An Engine of Cards Costing $2 or Less
« on: March 06, 2014, 09:20:13 am »
+15

Kudos to TheMirrorMan for playing this awesome game with me.  It's not often that I leave a game thinking, wow, I just got outplayed hard.

Code: [Select]
Poor House, Crossroads, Secret Chamber, Stonemason, Loan, Island, Nomad Camp, Treasure Map, Journeyman, Farmland
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20140305/log.50ea2963e4b0429cfe091cec.1394054214701.txt

I play an unexciting Journeyman/BM.

TheMirrorMan on the other hands puts together a beautiful deck.  The key cards in his engine are Stonemason, Crossroads and Poor House.  Loan is used for a bit of acceleration in regards to trashing and Island is also used as a $4 VP card.  But the meat of the engine is present in Stonemason, Crossroads and Poor House.  By opening with Loan and Stonemason Overpay MM's deck is able to remove all copper by Turn 8 while having 3 Crossroads and 3 Poor Houses.  At that point it's just game over as he can play 2 Crossroads while still having the requisite amount of actions to play 2 Poor Houses.  That really isn't hard to do in his deck and he cruises to an easy victory getting 5 Provinces and 4 Islands in 15 Turns.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

TheMirrorMan

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
Re: An Engine of Cards Costing $2 or Less
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 08:10:06 am »
+5

Thanks for the kind words shark_bait :)

Well it was the first thing that came to my mind. Crossroads has a lot of support here (Island/Farmland), so Journeyman/CrossRoads seems plausible.
But with loan on the board and those very cheap cards ... I didn't think twice :) Island can be used to set aside the Stonemasons once all the money trashing has been done.

BTW : kids, don't try this on a colony game :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:44:38 pm by TheMirrorMan »
Here comes the mirror man. Says he's a people fan.

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: An Engine of Cards Costing $2 or Less
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:11:40 am »
+5

Kudos to TheMirrorMan for playing this awesome game with me.  It's not often that I leave a game thinking, wow, I just got outplayed hard.

Posts like this make me happy.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.608 seconds with 21 queries.