Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Other Silly Custom Kingdoms  (Read 1550 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
Other Silly Custom Kingdoms
« on: January 22, 2014, 08:16:55 pm »

This was first custom kingdom I made.  This is also the only one I've actually played with so far (once).
  Shady Characters:
Swindler, Heretic (by A Drowned Kernel), Black Market, Spy, Vandal (mine), Conspirator, Bandit Camp, Graverobber, Defector (mine), Harem*
  To include in the Black Market deck: Vagrant, Secret Chamber, Thief, Shanty Town, Smugglers, Urchin, Gambler (mine), Gambler** (by Lastfootnote), Pirate Ship, Necromancer (by heatthespurs), Rogue, Band of Misfits, Counterfeit, Torturer, Cultist.
*We like to tease my mom beacuse Harem is one of her favorite cards, so I made sure to include it.
**It'd definitely be shady to have two different cards with the same name in the black market deck...

When my brother came to town, we used the Shady Characters kingdom.  He had only played a few times before, and expressed his dislike for attack cards in general (especially cursers and my Vandal card), so just for next time he comes I made a community/"Let's All Be Nice To Each Other" kingdom:

Duchess, Village (could choose from a few villages for this), Bishop, Noble Brigand, Joint Remodel*, Generous Benefactor*, Council Room, Embassy, (Market/Bazaar/Festival), and Horn of Plenty

Both Joint Remodel and Generous Benefactor are mine, created party for this kingdom:
Joint Remodel
$4 - Action
+1 Card. Trash a card from your hand and gain a card costing up to $2 more. You may put it on your deck. Each other player may trash a card from their hand. If they do, they gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the card they trashed.

Generous Benefactor
$4 - Action/Duration
+1 action, +$1.  Next turn: +$2, +1 Buy.
While this is in play, each other player gets +$1 on their turn.

Later, I had a whim to design an Adventure themed kingdom, but I couldn't nail it down to 10 cards:
- Crossroads
- Artefact (by Asper) or Talisman
- Treasure Map
- 1 of these reactions: Secret Chamber, Tunnel, Traders, Horse Traders
- 1 of these attacks: Marauder, Young Witch, Sea Hag, Witch, Mountebank, Cultist, Warlock (Priestcraft by yuma -I just renamed it)
- 1 of these attacks: Urchin/Mercenary, Thief, Pirate Ship, Noble Brigand, Necromancer (same one as my 1st set), Ignoble Brigand (by awildnoobappeared), Rogue, Margrave
- 1 of these: Forager, Oasis, Star Charts (by WanderingWinder), Band of Misfits, Troglodyte Caves (by ChocophileBenj), Catacombs
- 1 of these: Traveller's Village (by andwilk), Inn, Border Village
- Voyage (by markusin)
- Adventurer (obviously)
(if Young Witch is in, use Forager, Oasis, or Crossroads as the bane card.  Or maybe Urchin, that'd make an interesting bane card.)

Now, while posting this, I had a whim to make an "after the adventure" themed kingdom:
- Lookout/Watchtower -the first ones who see the adventurer return
- 1 of these: Herald, Wandering Minstral, or Storyteller (by eHalcyon)  -a bard
- City -where the adventurer returns to first, or Farming Village -the adventurer's real hometown.
- Monument -because the adventurer saved the world (or some other spectacular feat)
- Band of Misfits -the Adventurer brings home some strangers to the city who helped him along.
- Hoard -He also brings home treasure
- Taxman -Of course the government won't let him keep all the treasure.
- Prison (mine, shown below) -Where the bad guys go.
- Nobles -The king gives the adventurer a title. He is is now nobility.
- Mortuary (by markusin) -because not everybody made it back home

Prison
$3 - Action - Reaction
+1 card. You may set aside up to 3 cards from your hand. Put them into your hand next turn.
---
When another player plays an attack card, you may reveal this. If you do, the other player sets aside the attack card (after it resolves), and puts it into his discard pile after his next reshuffle.

...Now that I've written this, I thinking it probably should've went to the variant cards forum.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Other Silly Custom Kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »
+1

Wow, look at all those kingdoms! Joint Remodel looks interesting. Based on what I've read in the Secret Histories, the compensation is likely key to balancing the card.

A word of caution: Beware of how certain fan cards might interact with other fan cards. Not having any broken interactions with the official cards is part of the criteria for a good fan card, but who knows how they might interact with another fan card. You might be the first to discover many of those crazy (fan card)/(fan card) interactions. Sounds like a fun thing to do actually.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:12:53 pm »
+1

Theory, please move this to Variants and Fan Cards.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:11:05 pm by yed »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 06:44:52 pm »

I wish I had the opportunity to play more often to see how these fan cards work IRL. As it is it'll be long time before I get to play all the kingdoms and fan cards I want to try out, and by then they'll be more (of mine and others').
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.772 seconds with 21 queries.