Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58]  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 129838 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)
« Reply #1425 on: March 24, 2014, 08:51:56 am »

As for the set-up, I'm glad folks liked it.  I was worried we wouldn't get to see a lot of interaction given how quickly the scum team disappeared.

I do hope we can get a few more runthroughs of asher9++.  I'd like to see what other set-ups come out of the random rolls, and if anyone can do a better job of working out a massclaim/setup solve than Robz's attempt here.

I would definitely run it if I were to mod another game. I like these types of setups
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 24, 2014, 09:42:38 am »

When night begins is a decision the town makes, if ending a day before the deadline.  I try not to have a day end on a weekend, and will adjust as needed where I can.  In this case, town had plenty of time and could have lynched on Monday.  I've had a 24-hour night action submission policy for most of my games, and this is the first time anyone has missed it.  I wasn't going to make an exception mid-game, obviously.

It's a fair complaint that I didn't prod town while I did post in the scum QT.  I generally always do that, though I'm not sure why.  In previous games, I know I've definitely PMed town PRs, too.
I just know this isn't the first time I've had an issue with the 24 hr deadline; sometimes scum can't fully discuss things before the kill is submitted, for example.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 24, 2014, 09:49:08 am »

I have always had a rule in place that PRs should have a night action submitted to me, as a place holder at least, sent during the day if they felt that they would be unable to submit one during the night--or if they thought they would be absent for an extended period of time. However, no one has as yet taken me up on that for some reason.

I am with ash on this. 24 hours is plenty of time to discuss and think about kills, night actions, etc in most situations. Weekends are kind of an exception, as are holidays. But if a player is VLA or thinks they will be VLA it is up to them to get their actions to the mod before they leave.

And it is nice if you are running a game with multiple night actions to be able to have some time as a mod to make sure that all the pieces fit properly and you are processing the actions correctly. If you are running a Simple Game then yeah... it isn't necessarily needed, but with a RMM game or a game with lots of actions it can be nice.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 24, 2014, 09:51:33 am »

The problem with giving your action during the day is that you generally need to see the flip before you make your decision...

I get the need for 24 hour deadlines for RMM, not so much for normal games.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 24, 2014, 09:58:55 am »

Although I generally also do not allow the game to move forward until all players have PMed me checking in for the night... So I don't really deal with people missing deadline that often...

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 24, 2014, 01:44:54 pm »

I am surprised my lingering self vote didn't sway anyone back to Axxle. I posit that I was both being punished for bad behavior and remaining firmly suspicious because of emotional ardor.
I couldn't vote you since it means I'd be lynched the next day if we we're wrong (assuming I'm town). Shraeye wouldn't vote you since he was so hard against me. That left only one person available to hammer (scott or mailmi, forget who), a calculated risk on scum's part.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 25, 2014, 06:27:25 am »

Vote Count 1.0:

Not Voting (9): Nik, Witherweaver, Delirious Deleuze, Ichimaru Gin, A Drowned Kernel, mcmcsalot, shraeye, faust, Voltaire

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 12:00 p.m. on April 1, 2014.

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 25, 2014, 06:27:38 am »

Hm, wrong thread. Sorry !

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 25, 2014, 09:47:07 am »

Vote Count 1.0:

Not Voting (9): Nik, Witherweaver, Delirious Deleuze, Ichimaru Gin, A Drowned Kernel, mcmcsalot, shraeye, faust, Voltaire

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 12:00 p.m. on April 1, 2014.

Awesome! the game has restarted! all stats and wins have been reset! Everyone vote for shraeye out of revenge! vote: shraeye

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1434 on: March 29, 2014, 12:37:40 pm »

Rather, my point was more of a shape up and play the game if you are Town so we aren't flopping around in an emotional cesspool of practically zero utility.
I'm not particularly suspicious of raerae. I think she is playing poorly.
A thought.  Could we reduce the amount of "you are playing so shittily, sir" arguments to zero?  Surely these same sentiments can be phrased without the attack.  Even people with the same wincon could have different, yet both legitimate, methods of going about business.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58]  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 16 queries.