Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 130688 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1375 on: March 23, 2014, 06:51:38 pm »

Night Action Recaps:

N1:
Axxle roleblocks Robz888
mail-mi roleblocks shraeye
shraeye 1-shot doctors noone
Axxle nightkills AndrewisFTTW
Eevee investigates Robz888 (receives "Town" result)

N2:
Axxle roleblocks Robz888
mail-mi roleblocks noone (deadline missed)
shraeye 1-shot doctors noone (deadline missed)
Axxle nightkills Eevee
Eevee investigates PPS (receieves "Town" result)
ADK inherits "Town Cop" role

N3:
Axxle roleblocks ADK
mail-mi roleblocks Robz888
shraeye 1-shot doctors Robz888
Axxle nightkills ADK
ADK investigates PPS (blocked)

N4:
Axxle roleblocks mail-mi
mail-mi roleblocks Axxle (fails)
Axxle nightkills shraeye
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 23, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »

also I can't believe you actually thought I was scum. Like I knew there was no changing your mind so I figured lets not waste time but bleh you read me bad

Well, after I re-read you, you basically just had ALL the wrong votes at the wrong times on Day 1. Not your fault, your votes just looked SUPER bad after raerae and yuma flip. You did something similar to yuma where you advocated for raerae but didn't vote for at the time she was in trouble.

You went down the correct way thoug... without causing further trouble... unlike PPS, so thanks for that!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 23, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »

I'll stop posting sorry sorry sorry

Doesn't matter.  It was a trollish ending anyway. :)

It was, but I am so relieved I forgive you :)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 23, 2014, 06:56:09 pm »

The N1 kill still bothers me, I know that I was worried that Andrew was approaching IC status after raerae's tunnelling, and that his gut reads were eerily good, but I'm not sure it was the best decision.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 23, 2014, 06:56:27 pm »

Yay!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: March 23, 2014, 06:57:59 pm »

MVP talk :

I'd give it to Axxle. Yeah, that has only been done once, but he got so close with such an awful start, and the scum QT is awesome, so there.

Town options are Robz and shraeye. Robz did a good IC job I think, especially for someone who never actually was an IC (Eevee did investigate him though, the crumb was correct). Sure, he got a lot of things wrong, but he ended up identifying enough townies to make it work.

And then shraeye... this guy. Between this and Hangman, I never ever want to play as scum against him again. Never. Guy has a sixth sense.

I think I did a good job focusing everyone. I basically refused to let town commit the mistakes I witnessed in other games where I was dead--basically just meandering to bad lynches. I resolved to be a dictator htat would shut down conflicting thoughts. I actually think this a pretty good aproahc.

I think I should be out of MVP contention, though, because I really butchered the claiming. Asher's setup was well designed to foil the sort fo thing I wanted to do, which I didn't realize until it was too late. I put ADK in a position to claim, too, which almost lost the game!

I think shraeye or Axxle are very deserving candidates. I think it's sort of hard to argue with shraeye's like perfect reads, though.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 23, 2014, 06:58:45 pm »

>:(

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)
« Reply #1382 on: March 23, 2014, 07:00:31 pm »

MVP shraeye, hands down I say.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 23, 2014, 07:05:06 pm »

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 23, 2014, 07:05:59 pm »

I totally bought ash's initial post. I read it and thought: "You idiot. Your Day 1 random thing, Scott reacted so scummy. It was him, you knew it then. Gar!"

You never know in this game. You just never know. (Unless you are shraeye.)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 23, 2014, 07:06:42 pm »

>:(

Well, if there hadn't been a quick post during the lock, I would have finished the story.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 23, 2014, 07:12:55 pm »

I was originally thinking Robz for MVP but in retrospect yeah probably Shraeye.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 23, 2014, 07:20:18 pm »

Vote PPS for LVP.

I swear I am tainted. I've played scum so much I don't know how to play town without a role to leverage.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 23, 2014, 07:21:29 pm »

I have to admit on the first faux loss post I had a surge of vindication towards Robz coupled with the bitterness of loss. now I just look like a doodie head. Can't wait to read the QTs.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 23, 2014, 07:35:03 pm »

Reading the Mafia QT it looks like Axxle's NK on Eevee was a lucky strike. My play to get copped did work but was foiled forever by this kill. Axxle, did you just pick Eevee to eliminate the townier options or did you read him as possible cop?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 23, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »

Reading the Mafia QT it looks like Axxle's NK on Eevee was a lucky strike. My play to get copped did work but was foiled forever by this kill. Axxle, did you just pick Eevee to eliminate the townier options or did you read him as possible cop?
A town elimination for sure. Had no idea he was a cop.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 23, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »

I hate you, ash. Curse the troll ending.

Haha but seriously that was really fun! MVP to shraeye, totally.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 23, 2014, 08:33:25 pm »

So, I completely disagree with mail-mi's use of his power those first three nights--obviously Night 2, but also the other two.

That said, it really helped. For one thing, he was an IC, because it was impossible to fake that story. For another, even though I think shraeye as a bad Night 1 choice, it end up mostly clearing him.

That was a big deal toward the end there, because shraeye was making me rally uneasy. Essentially, his reads were TOO good. Like, I was really worried he knew who the scum were because he was himself scum. The fact that mail-mi pretty much obsoleted that worry made it much easier to trust him on that second to last day. It also made it so that he was never going to be mislynched at the end basically--he was a pseudo IC along with me and mail-mi--so that Axxle basically had to kill him (also owing to the doc thing).

If mail-mi hadn't basially cleared shraeye, I think Axxle might have been best served taking the risk of the doctoring and just plain killing mail-mi, and then played on my fears that shraeye was all-knowing scum.

Instead, Axxle had no choice basically but to kill shraeye and hope for a screw up by mail-mi and Scott.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 23, 2014, 08:34:14 pm »

Awesome setup by the way, ash.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 23, 2014, 08:47:16 pm »

So, I completely disagree with mail-mi's use of his power those first three nights--obviously Night 2, but also the other two.

That said, it really helped. For one thing, he was an IC, because it was impossible to fake that story. For another, even though I think shraeye as a bad Night 1 choice, it end up mostly clearing him.

That was a big deal toward the end there, because shraeye was making me rally uneasy. Essentially, his reads were TOO good. Like, I was really worried he knew who the scum were because he was himself scum. The fact that mail-mi pretty much obsoleted that worry made it much easier to trust him on that second to last day. It also made it so that he was never going to be mislynched at the end basically--he was a pseudo IC along with me and mail-mi--so that Axxle basically had to kill him (also owing to the doc thing).

If mail-mi hadn't basially cleared shraeye, I think Axxle might have been best served taking the risk of the doctoring and just plain killing mail-mi, and then played on my fears that shraeye was all-knowing scum.

Instead, Axxle had no choice basically but to kill shraeye and hope for a screw up by mail-mi and Scott.
After reading this I realize it's very hard to pick an MVP this game. Yes shraeye had the right reads but the way he went about it would have been hugely detrimental to the town there if mailmi hadn't confirmed him. I think without that I might have been able to turn the town against him? I don't know. I was doing the best I could with what I had but it felt like it all came down to luck (from my point of view) that the town was willing to lynch others over me.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: March 23, 2014, 08:58:23 pm »

also I can't believe you actually thought I was scum. Like I knew there was no changing your mind so I figured lets not waste time but bleh you read me bad

Well, after I re-read you, you basically just had ALL the wrong votes at the wrong times on Day 1. Not your fault, your votes just looked SUPER bad after raerae and yuma flip. You did something similar to yuma where you advocated for raerae but didn't vote for at the time she was in trouble.

You went down the correct way thoug... without causing further trouble... unlike PPS, so thanks for that!

I thin that comes from looking at the votes and not actually reading. From an hoest standpoint I was furious we were not lynching raerae, I was confident she was scum my vote was on; not on her at times I wasn't sure of the vote count/was gone.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 23, 2014, 09:07:11 pm »

After reading this I realize it's very hard to pick an MVP this game. Yes shraeye had the right reads but the way he went about it would have been hugely detrimental to the town there if mailmi hadn't confirmed him. I think without that I might have been able to turn the town against him? I don't know. I was doing the best I could with what I had but it felt like it all came down to luck (from my point of view) that the town was willing to lynch others over me.

Yes, but I do also think, if mail-mi had bothered to block anyone on Night 2, and had blocked someone other than me on Night 3, you might have been even MORE Poe'd that way.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 23, 2014, 09:09:38 pm »

After reading this I realize it's very hard to pick an MVP this game.

Here's some PoE to help:

Definitely Not: yuma, raerae, PPS
Not: mcmcsalot, FTTW, scotty
Probably Not: Eevee, ADK
Possibilities: Robz, mail-mi, Axxle, shraeye

I give it to shraeye for the dead on reads. I say Axxle is the runner-up for some harrowing odds and the fact he totally mind-flipped me D4. I wasn't convinced he was scum but I was convinced we needed to check scotty first. I still am not convinced it wasn't the right move. That said, if I had not ever wavered from Axxle there's a decent chance we would have lynched Axxle D4.

mail-mi played a solid Town game in my opinion. Robz I think did a great job considering how he owned his increasing IC status. I think I tend to clash with some of the stronger personalities and Robz is one of them (as is yuma and raerae). What I learned this game was that a VT Town is sufficient fodder for the team to win without me. Also, scum are easily outed by confronting them with bizarre and erratic play although there are inevitably some town collateral in the mix.

What I did not learn this game was when to go with certainty and when to stay off of it..

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 23, 2014, 09:11:17 pm »

I thin that comes from looking at the votes and not actually reading. From an hoest standpoint I was furious we were not lynching raerae, I was confident she was scum my vote was on; not on her at times I wasn't sure of the vote count/was gone.

Um, no, it came from actually re-reading, which I did not once but twice.

Here's the red flag part:

vote: raerae

What answer could he have given that you would not have replied the same way?
From my perspective you asked him a question and afterwards voted him for a reason unrelated to his answer.

vote: raerae

What answer could he have given that you would not have replied the same way?
From my perspective you asked him a question and afterwards voted him for a reason unrelated to his answer.

Exactly how I feel about it. It can't be a serious vote. I dont get why someone would post out of spite in this game as it really doesn't help anything.

I want to add raerae is a doesn't one, I can see town raerae thinking Andrew is scum and doing this exact same thing. Remember pirates where she swapped in and went at it with another townie(I was scum and loved being able to pick either side) soo with that unvote off to reread Yuma and see of I get that sense from him

More remembrance, Yuma and me have discussed the idea of townie "pushing" lynches similarly to the way scum does and Yuma was of the opinion that town shouldn't and would rarely use tactics to make the person they think is scum look scummy so that is consistent with his thoughts in town!raerae not having a reason to do what she did.(correct me if I am misremembering)

He also mentions the poor town play possibility definitely no scum read there. This makes me want to go back to outing raerae though I think she is not the best day 1 lynch based on contributions.

That was a really unfortunate series of posts about someone who eventually flipped scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 23, 2014, 09:13:01 pm »

I have to admit on the first faux loss post I had a surge of vindication towards Robz coupled with the bitterness of loss. now I just look like a doodie head. Can't wait to read the QTs.

It's fine, I've certainly gone down saying the same things and then feeling stupid for it later!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.