Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 130597 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1325 on: March 23, 2014, 05:59:51 pm »

vote: no lynch.
scum'll either get rid of me or robz, or one of the suspects iwll be down.
If it's best to no lynch, it's probably also best for scott to no kill.

Vote: Scott
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 23, 2014, 06:00:14 pm »

vote: no lynch.
scum'll either get rid of me or robz, or one of the suspects iwll be down.
If it's best to no lynch, it's probably also best for scott to no kill.

Vote: Scott
Especially since I have to convince TWO people he's scum, rather than just one.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 23, 2014, 06:04:24 pm »

robz, why aren't you dead.

Because scum wants us to start considering the possibility he's scum, it's just WIFOM.  Also, because killing the doc is safe.

No, that's not why. Killing shraeye was scum's optimal move, no matter what. Shraeye was a one-shot Doc. No one knew whether shraeye had used that shot or not. Scum can't both block mail-mi AND shraeye. Scum NEEDS to block mail-mi and shoot the one person shraeye can't protect, which is shraeye himself.

I believe Axxle would have certainly thought of this, but Scott--a relative newbie--might not have. So I guess that's another small, small point in favor of lynching Axxle.

But regardless, I'm just going to keep my promise. My reads have been sufficiently off, anyway. Whereas shraeye has been right on about everything, and we now know he is town.

Vote: Axxle.

(I'm sure this means it's actually Scott, because that will be the most demoralizing thing, but oh well.)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 23, 2014, 06:06:38 pm »

well. i guess I'm deciding, huh?

robz, why aren't you dead.

Because scum wants us to start considering the possibility he's scum, it's just WIFOM.  Also, because killing the doc is safe.

No, that's not why. Killing shraeye was scum's optimal move, no matter what. Shraeye was a one-shot Doc. No one knew whether shraeye had used that shot or not. Scum can't both block mail-mi AND shraeye. Scum NEEDS to block mail-mi and shoot the one person shraeye can't protect, which is shraeye himself.

I believe Axxle would have certainly thought of this, but Scott--a relative newbie--might not have. So I guess that's another small, small point in favor of lynching Axxle.

But regardless, I'm just going to keep my promise. My reads have been sufficiently off, anyway. Whereas shraeye has been right on about everything, and we now know he is town.

Vote: Axxle.

(I'm sure this means it's actually Scott, because that will be the most demoralizing thing, but oh well.)

your'e right, and scott probably would be too newbish to figure that out,

still harboring doubts tho,

what shoudl I do, auuuugggh!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 23, 2014, 06:08:28 pm »

Scott said "Because killing the doc is safe"

He figured it out to at least that extent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 23, 2014, 06:09:03 pm »

Well, nice to know for sure you're not scum.

I'd say just lynch Axxle. We can't not do what shraeye wants after all that, unless we were so overridingly convinced about Scott. And we won't be.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 23, 2014, 06:09:17 pm »

I'd say just lynch Axxle. We can't not do what shraeye wants after all that, unless we were so overridingly convinced about Scott. And we won't be.

This was in reference to mail-mi's post.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 23, 2014, 06:10:40 pm »

Scott said "Because killing the doc is safe"

He figured it out to at least that extent.

That's true.

Still, shraeye has been right about everything and we promised him and I don't see how we could not listen to him, especailyl when I'm basically 50/50 on them at this point.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 23, 2014, 06:11:33 pm »

Vote: No Lynch

That's a hammer I believe.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 23, 2014, 06:11:51 pm »

Sorry, I can't risk mailmi losing the game here. This buys a bit more time.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 23, 2014, 06:13:18 pm »

ah ah ah ah i don't know hwt to do....
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 23, 2014, 06:13:32 pm »

no it's not. 3 to lynch.

unvote

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 23, 2014, 06:13:47 pm »

ah ah ah ah i don't know hwt to do....

*what

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 23, 2014, 06:15:23 pm »

I've been thinking of the kills each day, and there is no way I'd have advocated them. Andrew was a newbie that wouldn't have done much during the game even if he was a strong power role. Then Eevee seemed like a stroke of luck although he might have been approaching IC status because of robz's comments at the end of the day? Not sure. Shraeye not dying even though he pegged yuma early would not have been something I let go. People forget the dead's reads so much more than living players.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 23, 2014, 06:16:14 pm »

no it's not. 3 to lynch.

unvote
3 to lynch, that means 2 people is all that it takes to agree to no lynch before a lynch is impossible. (I haven't No Lynched on this site before so maybe we do it differently here)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 23, 2014, 06:17:40 pm »

We generally do "No Lynch" as taking the same amount of votes as Lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 23, 2014, 06:17:55 pm »

Mail-mi, please hammer Axxle now.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 23, 2014, 06:18:09 pm »

AAAAAHHHHH i hate being in this position!

shraeye has been so right about everyone else...but he was completely wrong on me...

I had a earlier scumread on scotty....

Robz didn't die,...

UUUGGGGHHHH.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 23, 2014, 06:21:46 pm »

Okay, mail-mi, I understand what you are saying but like you gotta just hammer Axxle now. We promised, and there's no reason to think shraeye was wrong.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 23, 2014, 06:22:12 pm »

Mailmi, your instincts have been pretty spot on all game too. You were on scum days 1 and 2 and didn't mislynch mcmc. I wish I trusted myself on scott earlier too.

Robz. We've been on mislynch after mislynch after you've stated these hard facts on what we are doing today without budging an inch. It'd be helpful if you listened to the other players this game.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 23, 2014, 06:23:02 pm »

"but now I'm listening to shraeye"
no. You're listening to yourself and just happen to have shraeye there as an excuse.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 23, 2014, 06:23:11 pm »

Mailmi, your instincts have been pretty spot on all game too. You were on scum days 1 and 2 and didn't mislynch mcmc. I wish I trusted myself on scott earlier too.

Robz. We've been on mislynch after mislynch after you've stated these hard facts on what we are doing today without budging an inch. It'd be helpful if you listened to the other players this game.

I am listening to the other players now. That's why I am lynching you. I listened to no one else for the last two days and was wrong--despite my own certainty--both times.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 23, 2014, 06:23:20 pm »

"but now I'm listening to shraeye"
no. You're listening to yourself and just happen to have shraeye there as an excuse.

This is simply not true.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 23, 2014, 06:23:46 pm »

Vote Count 5.1:

Axxle (2) : scott_pilgrim, Robz888
No lynch (1) : Axxle

Not Voting (1): mail-mi

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 5 will end in ten days, on April 2 at 5:40 p.m.

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 23, 2014, 06:24:25 pm »

axxle is making some pretty good points.

auggh i hate this so much. well, I'm glad i survived (that doesn't usually happen) but i hate this position.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.