Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 130565 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1175 on: March 21, 2014, 10:51:57 am »

Robz, just put your faith in me.  If I'm wrong on Axxle, then I'll reassess this game in a major way.  We've both had 'aha' moments in this game, and all mine have been hitting true.  The same thing happened in the blitz game that just finished.  My reads have been ON, and I can't back down from this.  You can sell me on your take on the PPS/scott riddle tomorrow if there even is a tomorrow.  I'm reading them both as town right now, and I just don't see myself voting for them today.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 21, 2014, 12:43:00 pm »

Robz, just put your faith in me.  If I'm wrong on Axxle, then I'll reassess this game in a major way.  We've both had 'aha' moments in this game, and all mine have been hitting true.  The same thing happened in the blitz game that just finished.  My reads have been ON, and I can't back down from this.  You can sell me on your take on the PPS/scott riddle tomorrow if there even is a tomorrow.  I'm reading them both as town right now, and I just don't see myself voting for them today.

I may not be around to sell you on my take tomorrow!

Look, why can't we just do it your way tomorrow? I promise I will lynch Axxle tomorrow if I am still alive.

There is time to do them both... but if we do it your way first, there is less guarantee that we will do it my way afterward.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 21, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »

vote: pps

Pps then Scott and we got this.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 21, 2014, 01:37:50 pm »

I just reread most of D2, I agree PPS looks scummy there, especially in his interactions with yuma.

vote: pingpongsam

That puts him at L-1.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 21, 2014, 01:55:59 pm »

I just reread most of D2, I agree PPS looks scummy there, especially in his interactions with yuma.

Just to be clear, you think it was scummy to antagonize my partner to the point of blatant frustration and then to make sure he died on D2 right after my other partner died D1?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 21, 2014, 02:02:53 pm »

Vote: Scott
SCOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!

WHY ARE YOU SO SCUMMY????
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 21, 2014, 02:12:41 pm »

Just to be clear, you think it was scummy to antagonize my partner to the point of blatant frustration and then to make sure he died on D2 right after my other partner died D1?

It seemed forced to me, you got into that argument with him where you weren't making any sense, and it looks set up.  And I guess you made it 100% sure that he died but ADK had already stated intent to hammer, so there was already like a 97% chance he was going to die, I think at that point if you're scum you're just trying to cut your losses and get towncred for the hammer.  So I think your hammer of yuma is null at best.

I'm not as certain about it as Robz seems to be, but I am pretty sure that it's either you or Axxle, and I'm willing to trust Robz, because if he's scum we lose anyway.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 21, 2014, 02:12:56 pm »

Vote: Scott
SCOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!

WHY ARE YOU SO SCUMMY????

??

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 21, 2014, 02:16:18 pm »

I'm not as certain about it as Robz seems to be, but I am pretty sure that it's either you or Axxle, and I'm willing to trust Robz, because if he's scum we lose anyway.

You call it trust, I call it sheeping.

No doubt, Robz is town but we don't need him to lynch Axxle. Vote Axxle FTW.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 21, 2014, 02:16:52 pm »

I'm feeling a lot better about you than PPS being scum.  If I get lynched today I'd rather you get lynched than PPS.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: March 21, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »

If it's because I voted right after you, that wasn't intentional, that was just when I finished reading D2.  Putting someone at L-1 quickly wouldn't help me if I'm scum anyway, unless town quickhammers for some reason?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 21, 2014, 02:24:23 pm »

You call it trust, I call it sheeping.

No doubt, Robz is town but we don't need him to lynch Axxle. Vote Axxle FTW.

He's clearly a much more experienced player than me, he knows you better than me, I agree with his points, and he seems really confident in your lynch.  If he's wrong we'll lynch Axxle tomorrow.  For me it's just a matter of which order to vote you two in, unless someone somehow convinces me of shraeye.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 21, 2014, 02:25:52 pm »

If it's because I voted right after you, that wasn't intentional, that was just when I finished reading D2.  Putting someone at L-1 quickly wouldn't help me if I'm scum anyway, unless town quickhammers for some reason?
No, it's mostly PoE.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 21, 2014, 02:33:13 pm »

Does Scotty make me reconsider my town read on him every time he opens his mouth? Yes.

I will say it was like this in Diffusion of Power, too. Plenty of people thought he was scummy. He is quiet and follower=y by nature.

The fact remains that yuma tried to save rarae on Day 1, and he tried to save her by switching the lynch to Scotty.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 21, 2014, 02:33:43 pm »

Now can we please lynch PPS? Again, if I'm wrong, we'll do it shraeye's way. Promise.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 21, 2014, 02:37:34 pm »

No, it's mostly PoE.

Hmmm...if we do PPS first and he flips town, then whatever two townies are left will decide which of us they think is scum and that will decide the game?  Whereas if you lynch me today, they will have to decide between you and PPS.  And if we lynch you today, they'll have to decide between me and PPS.  Obviously the second case is super scary because that means we go from like >80% chance of winning to less than 50% (not really sure how much % the possibility of shraeye/mail-mi/Robz being scum takes up).  I mean I guess that analysis doesn't help anything, of course the three of us all want to lynch the other two, and then it's up to the other three to pick which two to lynch, except we lose one of them (probably Robz) along the way.  I would say pay attention to Robz's reads but of course I would say that anyway because he thinks I'm town.  I mean I guess I would feel a lot better if we just lynched PPS now, then if he flips town we can continue this panic but if he doesn't we'll all be happy.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 21, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »

Fact: There is zero point to giving any further consideration to the following three scenarios: Robz is scum, Shraeye is scum, Mail-mi is scum.

That does not mean these scenarios are impossible! (Although the one where I am scum is getting pretty close to impossible from all of your perspectives, and is of course impossible from mine). It just means that they are vastly, vastly, vastly less likely than anything else. We have to rule some things out since we only have two chances left. So we rule out all that vastly unlike things. This is absolutely fine my case, very close to a sure thing for the mail-mi case, and slightly worrisome but you can do in the shraeye case.

Which just means we are lynching 2 of the 3 of PPS, Axxle, and Scotty. It has to be PPS firs,t because I say so.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 21, 2014, 02:42:45 pm »

Just looking at where it goes out loud:

Lynch PPS
Most Likely NKs are Robz, mail-mi or shraeye since the wifom is strong between Axxle and Scott
Let's say mail-mi gets NK'd
D5 must lynch Axxle or Scott, let's call one of them A and the other B and we lynch A
Let's say Robz gets NKd
Game over

Lynch Scott
Most Likely NKs are Robz, mail-mi or  or shraeye since the wifom is strong between Axxle and PPS
D5 must lynch Axxle or PPS, let's call one of them A and the other B and we lynch A
Let's say Robz gets NKd
Game over

Lynch Axxle
Most Likely NKs are Robz, mail-mi or  or shraeye as the wifom has now become strong between scotty and PPS
D5 must lynch scotty or PPS, let's call one of them A and the other B and we lynch A
Let's say Robz gets NKd
Game over

So, ultimately we have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it right and a 2 in 3 chance of straight up losing the game because the path is concrete going out of today. All this barring a not completely unlikely lucky doctoring/roleblocking combo assuming those claims are true.

Does everyone feel strongly enough about their votes that it is the game winning vote? I think it is the last vote that matters die to the above analysis.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 21, 2014, 02:43:16 pm »

It has to be PPS firs,t because I say so.

Patently false, your vote is not needed to vote any other member to the gallows.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 21, 2014, 02:45:33 pm »

I'd really like to know mail-mi's opinion.  If we do PPS, and then somehow you all decide to lynch scotty tomorrow instead of very-scum Axxle, I will have to set my hair on fire.  And I like my hair.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 21, 2014, 02:50:35 pm »

I'd really like to know mail-mi's opinion.  If we do PPS, and then somehow you all decide to lynch scotty tomorrow instead of very-scum Axxle, I will have to set my hair on fire.  And I like my hair.

Shraeye, this is exactly how I feel! No, that's not going to happen I PROMISE I'll make it Axxle if I am alive, and you have my BEYOND THE GRAVE vote of confidence if I am dead. I think mail-mi is on board for this plan--would love to get his explicit agreement, anyway--and then we go.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 21, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

mail-mi has made it clear that he sees me as town far over Axxle.

PPS, shraeye, mail-mi and sounds like scotty is willing to vote Axxle tomorrow so why not today?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 21, 2014, 02:56:43 pm »

PPS, shraeye, mail-mi and sounds like scotty is willing to vote Axxle tomorrow so why not today?

Why not tomorrow?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 21, 2014, 02:57:09 pm »

Why not tomorrow?

Because I want to win today.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 21, 2014, 02:58:56 pm »

Why not tomorrow?

Because I want to win today.
Robz, how can you not see PPS as town. TOWWWWWWNNNNNNNN.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.