Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 129875 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1000 on: March 17, 2014, 10:44:02 am »

Can you post some of the more cogent points of this theory?
Well my theory was that the initial raerae wagon was started up on scum to give her a day 1 wagon, then use that as a way to get her not lynched in the following days. Well, Scotty is the only one not scum on that wagon. I think that scotty would probably bus, because I have a bit of a hard time believing that it was all town on a scum wagon.

Well, we already know that yuma was bussing raerae so it's beyond theory that raerae was to get bussed D1 although apparently not to death just hopefully for cred. I don't parse your second sentence at all. If scotty is not scum why are you voting him? We have already established that if the final scum isn't me nor Robz then it must be someone who bussed both D1 and D2. Your analysis stops short of D2, BTW. What behavior besides the bus did scotty exhibit that you think ranks him above the rest of the players for lynch today?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 17, 2014, 10:46:05 am »

Can you post some of the more cogent points of this theory?
Well my theory was that the initial raerae wagon was started up on scum to give her a day 1 wagon, then use that as a way to get her not lynched in the following days. Well, Scotty is the only one not scum on that wagon. I think that scotty would probably bus, because I have a bit of a hard time believing that it was all town on a scum wagon.

Well, we already know that yuma was bussing raerae so it's beyond theory that raerae was to get bussed D1 although apparently not to death just hopefully for cred. I don't parse your second sentence at all. If scotty is not scum why are you voting him? We have already established that if the final scum isn't me nor Robz then it must be someone who bussed both D1 and D2. Your analysis stops short of D2, BTW. What behavior besides the bus did scotty exhibit that you think ranks him above the rest of the players for lynch today?
Well there's also POE.
It's not you.
It's not robz.
Pretty sure it's not shraeye
Also pretty sure it's not axxle
So it has to be scotty.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 17, 2014, 10:48:45 am »

Why not Axxle?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:16 am »

Vote Count 4.2:

Axxle (1) : shraeye

Not Voting (5):  scott_pilgrim, Robz888, mail-mi, pingpongsam, Axxle

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 4 ends on March 25 at 8:00 a.m.

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:06 am »

I was wrong. D2, scotty was not voting when yuma got lynched.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:45 am »

I picked this up in my read of him yesterday but forgot it along the way.

Still want to hear mail-mi's reason for placing scotty ahead of Axxle.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 17, 2014, 12:57:00 pm »

Because Axxle is townier.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 17, 2014, 01:55:54 pm »

Indeed, mailmi; I'm not sure why scotty comes off the scummiest of people on raerae's wagon.

I'm still most suspicious of Axxle's voting history.

He was the "I'll hammer in exactly 30 mins"-*hammers in exactly 30 mins* sort of vote that feels mostly like scum being extra careful not to be accused of ending discussion, or swooping in for credit.  I don't think town does this so by the book, when it was clear that raerae was being lynched and that she wasn't going to claim anything.

Then on day 1, he jumped immediately at scotty, for his interaction with raerae.  Then said
Yuma's got some pretty weak reasons for not being on raerae, but I feel like he'd try a bit harder to find better ones if he was scum.

Really weak accuse/not-accuse on yuma.  He voted yuma, realizing that this is exactly what lead me to pair yuma/raerae together.

However, as soon as steam picked up on PPS, Axxle was on that like white on rice.  He then switched back to yuma once Robz jumped in and declared yuma the D2 lynch.  At that point yuma's lynch was inevitable.

He was on both wagons, but he only joined in the final lynches of his partners when they were absolutely inevitable.
Oh the straws! They should file a restraining order against you for how much you're grasping them.

Re: the raerae vote, I did a similar thing in Mario mafia but completely failed to be around for the deadline.  I made sure I was here this time.

The yuma thing I can explain, but I'd rather wait till tomorrow.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 17, 2014, 01:59:37 pm »

Posting since I have been prodded, sorry I've been busy recently and was traveling yesterday.  I'll post something of content soon.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 17, 2014, 02:09:15 pm »

Because Axxle is townier.

Can you enunciate how? Without a look into your thought process I am having trouble coming around to your thinking. I have posted reads on Axxle and Scotty and can clearly delineate why I currently find Axxle scummier. I am wide open to new perspective but "X is townier than Y" isn't sufficient perspective for me.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 17, 2014, 02:19:55 pm »

mail-mi, your case on me is not really helpful.  I mean, it's fine if you want to vote for me because you think everyone else if townier, but if you don't explain why everyone else is townier then you can't expect others to follow.

Axxle: I don't see how shraeye is grasping at straws?  Those all seem like reasonable points, though I could see how you would disagree with the hammer thing.  You said you would talk about the yuma thing tomorrow (I assume you mean in-game tomorrow), okay, but if that's a contributing factor in why people vote for you, you shouldn't expect to get away with "I have an explanation for it, just wait until tomorrow".

Has anyone considered the possibility of mail-mi being scum?  Just wondering because it seems like everyone else who's alive except Robz (who is pretty much an IC) has been brought to attention, and I don't remember almost anything about mail-mi this game.

I think I want to re-read this game at some point but I will be busy for the next few days at least.

Also, just a note: I had fully intended to vote for yuma D2, but I didn't do it right away, and then didn't feel like I wanted to let the day end as early as it did, so I just never ended up voting him.  I know that's not really helpful since I could still say that as scum, but I just thought I would bring it up since people have been talking about how I wasn't on the yuma wagon.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 17, 2014, 02:31:49 pm »

mail-mi, your case on me is not really helpful.  I mean, it's fine if you want to vote for me because you think everyone else if townier, but if you don't explain why everyone else is townier then you can't expect others to follow.

Axxle: I don't see how shraeye is grasping at straws?  Those all seem like reasonable points, though I could see how you would disagree with the hammer thing.  You said you would talk about the yuma thing tomorrow (I assume you mean in-game tomorrow), okay, but if that's a contributing factor in why people vote for you, you shouldn't expect to get away with "I have an explanation for it, just wait until tomorrow".

Has anyone considered the possibility of mail-mi being scum?  Just wondering because it seems like everyone else who's alive except Robz (who is pretty much an IC) has been brought to attention, and I don't remember almost anything about mail-mi this game.

I think I want to re-read this game at some point but I will be busy for the next few days at least.

Also, just a note: I had fully intended to vote for yuma D2, but I didn't do it right away, and then didn't feel like I wanted to let the day end as early as it did, so I just never ended up voting him.  I know that's not really helpful since I could still say that as scum, but I just thought I would bring it up since people have been talking about how I wasn't on the yuma wagon.
They seem like silly reasons from my pov, obv, bbq.

I'm willing to explain it (ingame) today but if I don't need to I won't.

I haven't considered it to hard, he seems pretty town but I can't think of specifics, it's more like he has not done anything scummy all game but still keeps a presence.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 17, 2014, 03:17:04 pm »

There's my mail-mi read from D3.

If shraeye is towny then mail-mi is townier because shraeye's level of bussing if he were scum comes off far more intentional than would mail-mi's were he scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 17, 2014, 08:32:17 pm »

Vote Count 4.3:

Axxle (1) : shraeye

Not Voting (5):  scott_pilgrim, Robz888, mail-mi, pingpongsam, Axxle

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 4 ends on March 25 at 8:00 a.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 17, 2014, 08:52:26 pm »

They seem like silly reasons from my pov, obv, bbq.

I'm willing to explain it (ingame) today but if I don't need to I won't.

That's totally reasonable, I was just saying don't be surprised if people hold that against you (or vote you with the intention of making you explain).

I haven't considered it to hard, he seems pretty town but I can't think of specifics, it's more like he has not done anything scummy all game but still keeps a presence.

This is roughly how I feel about mail-mi as well, which is why I wanted to bring him up, just because that's exactly where I would want to be as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 17, 2014, 10:47:55 pm »

Well, here's where I am: Nowhere, really. My confidence is pretty shaken in the wake of mcmc's flip.

That said, my best guess is... PPS. If he's scum, it means there was zero busing of raerae. This... would not surprise me, actually. Losing a scum partner Day 1 is TERRIBLE, and busing doesn't even get you much because it's not like you are declared an IC or anything. Far, far better is to just not have your partner lynched, which is absolutely what yuma was trying to accomplish on Day 1. If the third person bused, that person really undermined yuma's stridently anti-lynch-raerae agenda.

The complicating factor is that PPS showed up just before Axxle hammered raerae, and said a bunch of nonsense.

Available by phone to deadline trying to analyze the raerae wagon now.

Why is yuma not voting raerae?

Still reading raerae as town and could nitpick the wagoneers but mostly see a misled town see more scum in yuma, eevee and ADK, agree it does feel similar to DoP.

If I had to pick scum off the raerae wagon :

Robz: way out of meta with so many votes inclined to read this as willing town though since scum Robz wouldn't be so active.

Mcmc: agree with some earlier reads on him, he has felt relatively scummy all game to me but iinm I have no meta on him.

Scott could be the Ahoppy of this game.

Shraye is way too enthusiastic about the wagon but the limb this puts him on is not made for scum

Why is Axxle not voting?

Why is Axxle not voting?
Please read my posts.

So, because you're waiting on a claim that will be useless when you are forced to hammer in 30 minutes? I can see why you didn't want to type that nonsense out yourself. So, what is the real reason?

It's very hard to make sense of all this, from a town or scum perspective. If my theory is right, this is PPS saying stuff before his partner goes down. What was the purpose of all this? I think I read it as scum trying too hard, really. Look, he knows he can either hammer raerae himself, but won't like very townie for doing it because it's a foregone conclusion that she's being lynched. In fact, stealing the hammer from Axxle might itself look scummy, like he wanted the fake towncred. So he's essentially shut out of being on the wagon at this point. So, he has to post a bunch of stuff and make it look genuine, like he doesn't know what the flip is going to be. I guess that's a way to read all this that I can live with.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:52 pm »

I think Scott is very unlikely based on what I said yesterday. Of course, it could just be the case that he happened to play the *perfect* town way and now just looks unreasonably townie. He was a very lucky newbie scum to stumble into that, if that's what happened. Would be an unfortunate end to all of this.

Interestingly enoug,h mail-mi is usually very scummy and often mislynched. I think it this game mail-mi has been completely NOT scummy, which maybe should be telling me something.

Axxle... Axxle has done a couple things that I really, really think scum would not do. Namely, granting--and pushing--my IC status. That has to be a terrible move for scum in his position. Contrast with PPS, who tries to undermine the fact that I am town in subtle, irksome ways.

Shraeye, I really haven't had a good read on, but have been thinking he is town because others think that.

It seems PPS is the best obvious choice.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:32 pm »

Does anyone disagree? Other than, let's see, shraeye?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 17, 2014, 10:56:07 pm »

And I must say, I'm frustrated. Not at anyone, everyone is doing a great job and staying pretty active, and I appreciate it. I really, really wish we had just gone along with lynching PPS yesterday. I let myself buy into what he was saying and turned he lynch onto ADK. If that hadn't happened, it's like that our Cop would have wrapped up the game for us last night. I got talked out of the lynch that probably would have either killed scum outright or eliminate a suspect while protecting our cop and providing another investigation result. Instead, after a nearly unprecedented successful Days 1 and 2, we could very easily lose this. I blame myself.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 17, 2014, 11:01:01 pm »

And I must say, I'm frustrated. Not at anyone, everyone is doing a great job and staying pretty active, and I appreciate it. I really, really wish we had just gone along with lynching PPS yesterday. I let myself buy into what he was saying and turned he lynch onto ADK. If that hadn't happened, it's like that our Cop would have wrapped up the game for us last night. I got talked out of the lynch that probably would have either killed scum outright or eliminate a suspect while protecting our cop and providing another investigation result. Instead, after a nearly unprecedented successful Days 1 and 2, we could very easily lose this. I blame myself.
...it was PPS that redirected us to ADK and mcmc, wasn't it? And trying to undermine you... But his D1 behavior of redirecting to yuma... ugh.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: March 17, 2014, 11:11:31 pm »

...it was PPS that redirected us to ADK and mcmc, wasn't it? And trying to undermine you... But his D1 behavior of redirecting to yuma... ugh.

Yes, manifestly. Well, he was furiously trying to redirect to ADK, and then after the ADK reveal, I proposed mcmc, and he seized upon it with certainty.

His Day 1 behavior of redirecting to yuma...what do you mean? He never put yuma in any danger whatsoever, so I don't see how this is acquitting.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 17, 2014, 11:15:28 pm »

Yes, manifestly. Well, he was furiously trying to redirect to ADK, and then after the ADK reveal, I proposed mcmc, and he seized upon it with certainty.

His Day 1 behavior of redirecting to yuma...what do you mean? He never put yuma in any danger whatsoever, so I don't see how this is acquitting.
At the end, he was trying to get us on yuma instead of raerae. But,  yeah yuma wasn't in much danger D1 was he? Now I'm really doubting my town read ON PPS

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 18, 2014, 02:13:20 am »

Gut:
vote: Scott

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 18, 2014, 02:51:28 am »

Gut:
vote: Scott

Something that you--and other people--keep doing that really annoys me is waiting for me to make a case on someone, ignoring it, and voting for someone else. Why don't you explain your vote for Scott?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 18, 2014, 03:00:18 am »

Never.

Honestly I know pps is the lynch today and I'm fine with it but I can still have my fun, right?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.