Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 130556 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #975 on: March 15, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »

Here are my thoughts in no particular order:

If I go by my reads yesterday I pick Axxle.

I could still be a viable lynch today. I don't know if scum wants to go there today or not. ADK came around yesterday but mcmc wasn't coming off a PPS lynch so it may look like I did a fine job of offing my detractors if you think I am scum.

I was willing to drop the notion that Robz might be scum yesterday and I don't think it is totally worth pursuing today but if we go through another mislynch cycle and he's still alive and I'm still alive tomorrow I would be forced to take it into serious consideration. All we have is Eevee is saying something that certainly looks a soft-claim but might not be. That this concerned me earlier makes it feel like one of those gut things. Eevee is either groaning that an obvious soft-claim isn't being accepted or he's groaning that he inadvertently made what amounts to an obvious soft-claim. The closer we get to LYLO the more credence I give the possibility that Eevee was misinterpreted.

IIRC, all remaining players would have had to double bus their partner except for me and scotty. I did not vote for raerae D1 and scotty did not vote for yuma D2. Axxle and Robz I can see dancing the double bus, especially Robz. Shraeye, I dunno. mail-mi, no way.

That's about all I have at all, nothing held back. Prefer Axxle, still considering Robz. Would certainly entertain cases on anyone. Expect someone to reignite a PPS witchhunt but not so sure scum would do that today but definitely tomorrow.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 15, 2014, 09:33:31 pm »

I want to lynch anyone with doubts about Robz, because that's just going to be absolutely terrible to keep them around in LYLO.

It should be pretty easy to win this, we have a ridiculous number of chances.

Actually would a No Lynch be helpful right now?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 15, 2014, 09:55:15 pm »

I want to lynch anyone with doubts about Robz, because that's just going to be absolutely terrible to keep them around in LYLO.

See this is the scummy thing. Lynch the guy playing the game but don't bother to play it yourself.

Why are you 100% sold on Robz being town? How can you be so perfectly certain? I say there is some room for doubt and you scream for my blood. You maintain that there is no room for doubt as if one single piece of a sentence cannot possibly be taken out of context.

Assume for one hypothetical moment that Robz is scum. Does any of his behavior represent scummy behavior? I think so. His declaration that mcmcsalot was absolutely certain to be the final scum yesterday strikes me as super scummy. In fact, it is the damned declarations of such certainty I find so scummy. why so certain?

Maybe it's because I'd rather lynch you first?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 15, 2014, 10:05:14 pm »

Practically always a scum suggestion.

Yesterday was a perfectly useless day. We already knew ADK was Town Cop so his NK flip gave us no information. mcmcsalot refused to defend himself and he wouldn't make a case on anyone but me so his flip was basically uninformative as well because no one can be faulted for voting him and I have no reason to believe scum even helped lynch him. If we had flipped me yesterday we'd be flipping him today.

Who do you think gets NK'd if we No Lynch today? If you have answers to that question then you've sufficiently narrowed your lynch pool to take No Lynch off the table IMHO. In my case I think we either lose Robz if he is indeed Town or we lose me. Of course, I was already out of my own lynch pool.

I think trying to make a case for No Lynch is the safe scum gambit for avoiding making a case on anyone.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 15, 2014, 10:06:15 pm »

See this is the scummy thing. Lynch the guy playing the game but don't bother to play it yourself.

Why are you 100% sold on Robz being town? How can you be so perfectly certain? I say there is some room for doubt and you scream for my blood. You maintain that there is no room for doubt as if one single piece of a sentence cannot possibly be taken out of context.

Assume for one hypothetical moment that Robz is scum. Does any of his behavior represent scummy behavior? I think so. His declaration that mcmcsalot was absolutely certain to be the final scum yesterday strikes me as super scummy. In fact, it is the damned declarations of such certainty I find so scummy. why so certain?

Maybe it's because I'd rather lynch you first?
I feel like he's acting really town and the Eevee thing solidifies it. Cops should be trusted to breadcrumb.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 15, 2014, 10:08:13 pm »

Yesterday was a perfectly useless day. We already knew ADK was Town Cop so his NK flip gave us no information. mcmcsalot refused to defend himself and he wouldn't make a case on anyone but me so his flip was basically uninformative as well because no one can be faulted for voting him and I have no reason to believe scum even helped lynch him. If we had flipped me yesterday we'd be flipping him today.

Who do you think gets NK'd if we No Lynch today? If you have answers to that question then you've sufficiently narrowed your lynch pool to take No Lynch off the table IMHO. In my case I think we either lose Robz if he is indeed Town or we lose me. Of course, I was already out of my own lynch pool.

I think trying to make a case for No Lynch is the safe scum gambit for avoiding making a case on anyone.
I just wanted to remind people it's an option. I think chances are that today is bad for it, but tomorrow it's absolutely the right choice (only 2 town have to be right instead of 3). If I die today or tonight I want people to realize that.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 15, 2014, 10:12:14 pm »

I just wanted to remind people it's an option. I think chances are that today is bad for it, but tomorrow it's absolutely the right choice (only 2 town have to be right instead of 3). If I die today or tonight I want people to realize that.
Actually now that I think about this more I might be wrong.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 16, 2014, 12:22:49 am »

Axxle, you are correct. We will absolutely lynch today. Tomorrow, if the game continues, the correct move is absolutely No Lynch.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 16, 2014, 11:34:38 am »

This is manifestly untrue.  We have 2 chances, without beneficial night results.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 16, 2014, 02:43:40 pm »

I wouldn't go so far as to say "Lynch he who doubts Robz without question!" But Robz is town.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 16, 2014, 02:44:18 pm »

I wouldn't go so far as to say "Lynch he who doubts Robz without question!" But Robz is town.
I agree with this.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 16, 2014, 02:44:29 pm »

on both counts.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 16, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »

Vote Count 4.1:

Not Voting (6):  scott_pilgrim, Robz888, mail-mi, pingpongsam, shraeye, Axxle

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 4 ends on March 25 at 8:00 a.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 16, 2014, 10:00:35 pm »

This is manifestly untrue.  We have 2 chances, without beneficial night results.
We have no vig and no masons, we'll probably have beneficial night results.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 16, 2014, 10:16:06 pm »

^I don't know about that, but there's no reason to speculate.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: March 16, 2014, 10:27:00 pm »

^I don't know about that, but there's no reason to speculate.
"We have no vig and no masons, we'll probably have beneficial night results."
Sounds like a reason to speculate.

It's NOT a reason to out anyone prematurely though.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 16, 2014, 10:36:19 pm »

Speculation today will only help scum tonight. Tomorrow is full-claim day, regardless.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 16, 2014, 10:49:41 pm »

Speculation today will only help scum tonight. Tomorrow is full-claim day, regardless.
I don't mean open speculation, I mean we each individually should think about what's possible this game.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 17, 2014, 08:09:47 am »

prod: scotty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 17, 2014, 08:26:28 am »

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 17, 2014, 09:44:22 am »

So, according to my D1 theory, Scotty is the only not conf!town on the raerae wagon #1 so vote: scotty
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 17, 2014, 09:46:11 am »

Can you post some of the more cogent points of this theory?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 17, 2014, 10:03:43 am »

Indeed, mailmi; I'm not sure why scotty comes off the scummiest of people on raerae's wagon.

I'm still most suspicious of Axxle's voting history.

He was the "I'll hammer in exactly 30 mins"-*hammers in exactly 30 mins* sort of vote that feels mostly like scum being extra careful not to be accused of ending discussion, or swooping in for credit.  I don't think town does this so by the book, when it was clear that raerae was being lynched and that she wasn't going to claim anything.

Then on day 1, he jumped immediately at scotty, for his interaction with raerae.  Then said
Yuma's got some pretty weak reasons for not being on raerae, but I feel like he'd try a bit harder to find better ones if he was scum.

Really weak accuse/not-accuse on yuma.  He voted yuma, realizing that this is exactly what lead me to pair yuma/raerae together.

However, as soon as steam picked up on PPS, Axxle was on that like white on rice.  He then switched back to yuma once Robz jumped in and declared yuma the D2 lynch.  At that point yuma's lynch was inevitable.

He was on both wagons, but he only joined in the final lynches of his partners when they were absolutely inevitable.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 17, 2014, 10:04:08 am »

vote: axxle

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 17, 2014, 10:37:01 am »

Can you post some of the more cogent points of this theory?
Well my theory was that the initial raerae wagon was started up on scum to give her a day 1 wagon, then use that as a way to get her not lynched in the following days. Well, Scotty is the only one not scum on that wagon. I think that scotty would probably bus, because I have a bit of a hard time believing that it was all town on a scum wagon.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.451 seconds with 16 queries.