Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 130560 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #800 on: March 10, 2014, 12:12:38 pm »

I should note a couple things. I haven't been paying attention to the setup, but... keep in mind that there is a Universal Backup. My understanding is that this person inherits the PR of the first townie PR to die. Which means we have a townie who took over Eevee's Cop status.

Also, we know the mafia team has a Godfather (yuma) and a Strongman (raerae). This means that last scum is a Roleblocker. Possibly a 1-shot BP one. Ash: Can the mafia roleblocker shoot AND kill? No, right?

This means that we are dealing with the TT, T, or zero T setup. Which also means we should have a lot of town PRs. These are all good things, and point to us winning regardless of how we lynch at this point.

If we do have Town Vigilantes, I will recommend at this point that they start shooting. I would like Vigs to shoot mcmcsalot, and Cops to investigate ADK.

Other townies, please review to see if I have made any erroneous assumptions. After that, I am set to lynch PPS.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 10, 2014, 12:15:47 pm »

Well, looks like it is up to shraye, really. If I am wrong about ADK I am the obvious lynch so I really do not understand why I should have to go first. Also, ADK is at L -1 but no one is demanding he claim. I am plain old VT and I am BMO as already said. So who does ADK claim to be and why is it necessary to kill me first when I am the obvious next lynch if ADK flips town? It's not like I have left myself an out, which scumpps absolutely would do as anyone who has played with me knows. That said the ones voting ADK are those people except Robz who has only seen me play scum as his partner.

I think it's really bad to make it PPS vs. ADK.  Very possible that scum is not in that pair at all.  I've had a thought about scum vis-a-vis wagons, but it's forming slow, and being in Cayman is holding me up. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 10, 2014, 12:16:42 pm »

Vote Count 3.3:

A Drowned Kernel (3): pingpongsam, scott_pilgrim, mail-mi
pingpongsam (3): Axxle, mcmcsalot, A Drowned Kernel
Axxle (1): shraeye

Not Voting (1): Robz888

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 ends at 5:20 p.m. on Wednesday, March 19.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 10, 2014, 12:20:56 pm »

And Doctors should protect me, obvs.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 10, 2014, 12:21:11 pm »

I should note a couple things. I haven't been paying attention to the setup, but... keep in mind that there is a Universal Backup. My understanding is that this person inherits the PR of the first townie PR to die. Which means we have a townie who took over Eevee's Cop status.

Also, we know the mafia team has a Godfather (yuma) and a Strongman (raerae). This means that last scum is a Roleblocker. Possibly a 1-shot BP one. Ash: Can the mafia roleblocker shoot AND kill? No, right?

This means that we are dealing with the TT, T, or zero T setup. Which also means we should have a lot of town PRs. These are all good things, and point to us winning regardless of how we lynch at this point.

If we do have Town Vigilantes, I will recommend at this point that they start shooting. I would like Vigs to shoot mcmcsalot, and Cops to investigate ADK.

Other townies, please review to see if I have made any erroneous assumptions. After that, I am set to lynch PPS.
I think not giving any attention to mail-mi or Axxle is a disastrous mistake.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:02 pm »

Ugh. Okay. Well I think Axxle is like absolutely town, and mail-mi very very townie. But even if you're right, what of it? We have so many free lynches at this point and a bunch of town PRs.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 10, 2014, 12:30:00 pm »

Ugh. Okay. Well I think Axxle is like absolutely town, and mail-mi very very townie. But even if you're right, what of it? We have so many free lynches at this point and a bunch of town PRs.
But like, you're advocating using the "free lynches" and PRs on people like mcmcsalot, who I'm not worried at all about.  And I still don't like PPS lynch, he's another guy I'm confident in my townread on. 

Axxle, for example, was the raerae hammer in a super-formulaic way.  I feel like scum, much more often than town, does the "countdown hammer" and sticks to their promise.  Town hammerers are more spastic, "oh what the heck"-like.

Also, mail-mi/Axxle/Eevee were three people that looked the scummiest on the yuma lynch.  I pegged yuma hard on Day 2 for his interactions with raerae, and I feel like the 3rd partner would have been sure to be aboard that lynch.  I'm really not concerned about  people like mcmc/scott who were not on the yuma lynch.  If there are two back to back scum lynches, the final scum doesn't want to be caught defending his falling partners, you bet they'll be stepping right in line with the "town" way of thinking, and playing the leaf-in-the-wind game much harder than the direct-people-towards-the-wrong place game.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 10, 2014, 12:30:36 pm »

Obviously Eevee is cop, so it's nice that mafia narrowed that choice down, but that's a big reason why I think mail-mi and Axxle need much more attention than they're getting.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:09 pm »

Also, my bad on the setup-based vote, I didn't see the full set of mafia options.  But now that my votes on Axxle, I actually feel good about that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 10, 2014, 12:36:31 pm »

Also, mail-mi/Axxle/Eevee were three people that looked the scummiest on the yuma lynch.  I pegged yuma hard on Day 2 for his interactions with raerae, and I feel like the 3rd partner would have been sure to be aboard that lynch.  I'm really not concerned about  people like mcmc/scott who were not on the yuma lynch.  If there are two back to back scum lynches, the final scum doesn't want to be caught defending his falling partners, you bet they'll be stepping right in line with the "town" way of thinking, and playing the leaf-in-the-wind game much harder than the direct-people-towards-the-wrong place game.

That's just a losing strategy though. If the final scum doesn't try to stop his other 2 partners from getting lynched, he's losing anyway.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 10, 2014, 01:37:57 pm »

Obviously Eevee is cop, so it's nice that mafia narrowed that choice down, but that's a big reason why I think mail-mi and Axxle need much more attention than they're getting.
Well, I'm not scum (duh) and Axxle is also very towny.

I don't think it's PPS. Why? Because, on D1, if he was raerae's partner, he does NOT redirect the scum lynch to another scum lynch. It's got to be ADK.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 10, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »

I did not pick up on Eevee's soft-result on Robz until Axxle pointed it out.

Now, it is possible it was just a turn of phrase and not a soft-result at all. At any rate, the fact that Axxle pointed it out indicates Axxle is working for Town because scum would not try to IC anybody they didn't have to.

While I read Robz as Towny before and I agree it appears to be asoft-result a huge fear right now is that Robz is the final scum and he will coast to victory on a lucky turn of phrase, especially if a Doctor is protecting a scumRobz leaving all our own men defenseless at night.

Just a nagging thought that I have had. That Robz tunnels me so hard keeps fertilizing that thought.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 10, 2014, 05:24:43 pm »

I think you should drop that line of thought on Robz; robz is town town.

I disagree that Axxle pointing it out makes him town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 10, 2014, 05:35:00 pm »

Ash: Can the mafia roleblocker shoot AND kill? No, right?

Shooting and killing are the same thing.

If you mean to ask if a mafia power role can opt to use its power and also perform the factional kill on the same night, the answer is yes.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 10, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »

Ash: Can the mafia roleblocker shoot AND kill? No, right?

Shooting and killing are the same thing.

If you mean to ask if a mafia power role can opt to use its power and also perform the factional kill on the same night, the answer is yes.

That IS what I meant to ask. Booooooo.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 10, 2014, 06:03:00 pm »

I think you should drop that line of thought on Robz; robz is town town.

I disagree that Axxle pointing it out makes him town.

Yeah, when I reread that bit I agree. Robz is town, if not he deserves the win. done with that.

I didn't say it made Axxle town just that it was an indicator.

In the discussions surrounding who to lynch today that indicator tends to remove him from my would lynch list for the day. I agree more attention needs to be going around so I'm not trying to quell any debate but actually to start it. Generically stating the obvious that it doesn't make him town seems antithetical to spreading the attention out.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 10, 2014, 06:30:16 pm »

PPS is flailing, but it almost strikes me as townie flailing, kind of. I have to re-read him, and ADK, and mcmc. Then I will let everyone know who which person I want us to lynch. Do not lynch before that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 10, 2014, 06:30:33 pm »

All things being equal, though, PPS's VT claim makes him a better lynch.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 10, 2014, 06:47:36 pm »

Unvote

I should reread, there might be a better lynch for today.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 10, 2014, 10:27:09 pm »

Right, because ADK never claimed, nobody demanded he claim and now he can claim PR to make sure we mislynch. Pure genius.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 10, 2014, 10:39:29 pm »

PPS, at no point was I ever at L-1.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 11, 2014, 12:00:31 am »

I don't have any intention of asking ADK to claim at this point, so that's fine.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 11, 2014, 09:01:29 am »

PPS, at no point was I ever at L-1.

Point taken, for some reason I thought we needed 4 to lynch and we were both L-1 at the same time.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 11, 2014, 09:53:02 am »

Right, because ADK never claimed, nobody demanded he claim and now he can claim PR to make sure we mislynch. Pure genius.
I don't think we're in a "lynch PPS cuz he's VT" situation; so let's focus on making the right lynch.  I'm not voting for you today.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:14 am »

Ugh why are we not lunging pps, he's so scummy. But whatever Adk is kinda scummy too? Actually I have no clue. Lynch me right? We can afford like a billion mislynches oh wait isn't that what pps said yesterday right he stuck to that.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.