Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 129879 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: March 03, 2014, 04:16:24 pm »

The group sitting around the tree house and finally come to a decision.

"You did all of this, Ice King!  You have to drink the brown goo first!"  Finn yelled, pointing at the blue old man.

"Uhhhh...look, Finn, buddy, you know I wouldn't ever really hurt anyone, right?  And since the magic switcheroo gas thing, I've felt really happy lately.  Don't make me drink the brown goo, Finn!"

"Sorry Ice King, we decided as a group.  You have to.  Here."  Finn handed the vial to the Ice King.

"Oh fine.  But you'll pay for this some day!"

The Ice King took a sip of brown goo, making a funny face at the horrible flavor.  "Oh....oh...this isn't good at all..."  The Ice King mumbled some more, then fell over, fast asleep.

raerae, inhabiting the body of The Ice King, has been sent to sleepy town!  She was the Mafia Strongman!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 03, 2014, 04:16:33 pm »

Thread is locked and Night 1 has begun.  All night actions, as well as confirmation PMs from everyone, are due in 24 hours.  Day 2 will begin in 48 hours.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #577 on: March 04, 2014, 04:44:31 pm »

The night action submission has passed.  No further actions may be submitted or changed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 05, 2014, 04:43:24 pm »

Everyone went to sleep happy that night, knowing that one of the evil attackers had been banished to sleepy town. They had dragged the Ice King's body out the door and into the super secret hidden dungeon at the base of the treehouse to make sure he wouldn't wake up and hurt anyone.

Everyone found a place to sleep somewhere, either on a couch or a bed or the floor. Marceline just floated in the air. It was a pretty quiet night for everyone.

When the sun came up, there was a loud knocking on the window. It was the Earl of Lemongrab! He started waving frantically when he saw people waking up.

"Hey Earl! What are you doing there?" Finn asked.

"Yeah, and why didn't you just come in through the broken down door?" Jake chimed in.

After scratching his head a minute, the Earl walked in the door. "Look quickly, down at the ground! There's a body there! I noticed him as I was talking my morning walk with my Lemon Children. I thought you should know."

"Well...thanks Earl, but get back to Lemongrab! You know you can't be here anymore!" Finn yelled.

As the Earl left, the rest of the group peered out the window. At the bottom of the tree, encased in pink foam, was the sleeping body of The Goliad! It looked like he was definitely stuck there, and wouldn't be coming back to the party any time soon...

AndrewisFTTW, inhabiting the body of The Goliad, was removed from the party at night! He was a Vanilla Townie!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 05, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »

Day 2 has begun, and ends in 10 days.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #580 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »

Hooray!!! Okay this game should be pretty winnable. I didn't actually do any rereading or analyzing, because I thought it sort of likely I would be the one who died. I will get to that now, though.

Basically, we should look for people were working* to defuse the raerae wagon the first time, but bused when it came up again, I think.

*By working, I mean in actual deed, not in word. Her partners would have voiced support for the lynch without actually contributing toward it (early on).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 05, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »

Town read on yuma completely revoked, of course.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 05, 2014, 05:33:30 pm »

Vote Count 2.0:

Not Voting (10): Eevee, scott_pilgrim, Robz888, mail-mi, yuma, mcmcsalot, A Drowned Kernel, pingpongsam, shraeye, Axxle

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends at 4:45 p.m. on March 14, 2014.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 05, 2014, 05:51:14 pm »

Nothing to say, mcmc? I see you are quite active on the forums right now.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 05, 2014, 05:54:35 pm »

Wow, I'm a little surprised FTTW got night killed, I was going to comment on the plausibility of it being a set-up between him and raerae.

Okay, so yuma and ADK:

Yuma talking about raerae's scumminess and continuing to not vote for her just looks really bad now.  I'm not sure what to think of it though, because I think if he were scum he would have realized the raerae lynch was nearly inevitable by the end of the day, so his jumping onto and immediately jumping off of that wagon seems strange.  I still think he looks really bad though.  He keeps talking about how raerae is a good lynch, but he never puts his money where his mouth is.  Like he wants people to know he thinks she's scum, because the lynch will probably go through, but he doesn't want to contribute to it going through on the off-chance he can get another lynch to happen.

I think it's worth looking into ADK as well, because he is the one who jumped off of the earlier raerae wagon.  He's probably going to (maybe justifiably) hate me for bringing this up, because his town narrative makes sense and there's not much he can add in his own defense.  He says he just didn't want to lynch that early in the day, and that's reasonable.  But it makes so much sense from a scum perspective as well: He tries to get raerae some early attention, so that hopefully people back off on her the rest of the game (like AHoppy in Diffusion of Powers); when she gets to L-1 he realizes it's getting dangerous and jumps off.  Later he votes for me, the next most popular wagon, hoping that he can lynch me rather than his scum partner.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 05, 2014, 05:59:06 pm »

I thought Robz looked iffy for his final wagon entry. I am more inclined to look off wagon though. Just landed for a bit of a layover so maybe can get another post in once I deplane.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 05, 2014, 06:06:46 pm »

Vote: scott_pilgrim

raerae not jumping on him when she could is pretty telling.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 05, 2014, 06:48:36 pm »

well isn't that convenient for you...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 05, 2014, 06:50:28 pm »

well isn't that convenient for you...

It's actually inconvenient. I would much rather keep playing the game confident that you are town. Alas, I no longer have that luxury.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 05, 2014, 06:53:12 pm »

Okay, so yuma and ADK:

Yuma talking about raerae's scumminess and continuing to not vote for her just looks really bad now.  I'm not sure what to think of it though, because I think if he were scum he would have realized the raerae lynch was nearly inevitable by the end of the day, so his jumping onto and immediately jumping off of that wagon seems strange.  I still think he looks really bad though.  He keeps talking about how raerae is a good lynch, but he never puts his money where his mouth is.  Like he wants people to know he thinks she's scum, because the lynch will probably go through, but he doesn't want to contribute to it going through on the off-chance he can get another lynch to happen.
[/quote]

Honestly when I first left the raerae wagon it was because I thought it wasn't going to go through and we needed to look elsewhere. The second time I left it it was 100% because of shraeye. I don't know what to think about him anymore... but I will say that if he is town his play was extremely frustrating for me. His tunneling of me throughout day1 left me feeling very uneasy about him to the extent that I was uncomfortable being on the same wagon as him (right or wrong) as I no longer trusted him at all. Basically I let his tunneling of me affect my playstyle and my reads. That is obviously not ideal.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 05, 2014, 06:55:52 pm »

I thought Robz looked iffy for his final wagon entry. I am more inclined to look off wagon though.

I do agree about the look off wagon part. I am less sure about the Robz part.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 05, 2014, 07:40:16 pm »

Also yuck:
Wow, I'm a little surprised FTTW got night killed
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 05, 2014, 08:31:51 pm »

It's hard to concentrate on two games coming back from night at once, but I actually reread this entire game on a plane ride so I have a decent graps on what's up.

First of all, I'm very surprised Andrew got killed. I guess
many people thought he was a slam dunk to be town,
but it wasn't the impression I got.

yuma, it seems uncharacteristically poor town play from you to let shraeye's tunnel affect you like that. the wagon behavior certainly implicates you. not dying is less scummy than usual here though, because after playing a legitimately scummy day, you wouldn't make much sense as a kill.

i think ADK is where I'd put my suspicions first here.
I'll reread him specifically to explain this when I open a
computer. mcmc seems towny.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 05, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »

yuma, it seems uncharacteristically poor town play from you to let shraeye's tunnel affect you like that. the wagon behavior certainly implicates you. not dying is less scummy than usual here though, because after playing a legitimately scummy day, you wouldn't make much sense as a kill.

To an extent I will agree. But as of late all of my play has resulted in "poor town play from me" as of late. I am not trying to be "woe is me" guy and get any pity, but I really, really am in a deep, deep slump (I have said this elsewhere but I haven't won a game or been right about a lynch since DWI--that is like 5 or 6 games and a whole lot of wagons...) and that has me questioning how I play as I previously thought I was playing really good games and then getting slammed with results

So really I am trying anything at this point to see if I can get back on track and this includes going back to my gut instincts. If I had held true to my gut instincts about Robz in Diffusion that game might have gone a lot differently. Didn't turn out so great here... although it still might as raerae's flip obviously doesn't give any information regarding shraeye himself....

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 05, 2014, 08:48:43 pm »

It's hard to concentrate on two games coming back from night at once, but I actually reread this entire game on a plane ride so I have a decent graps on what's up.

Posts look like haikus
Unfortunately they're not
Why, fuzzy, oh why?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 05, 2014, 08:53:09 pm »

Glad you're coming around to it.

vote: yuma

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 05, 2014, 08:55:56 pm »

Posts look like haikus
Unfortunately they're not
Why, fuzzy, oh why?
Phone posting,
enter key or space bar,
often click the wrong button.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 05, 2014, 09:08:07 pm »

Yeah, yuma's handing of raerae implicated them both really hardcore.  Right now, I'm basically looking for their other partner.

Honestly when I first left the raerae wagon it was because I thought it wasn't going to go through and we needed to look elsewhere. The second time I left it it was 100% because of shraeye. I don't know what to think about him anymore... but I will say that if he is town his play was extremely frustrating for me. His tunneling of me throughout day1 left me feeling very uneasy about him to the extent that I was uncomfortable being on the same wagon as him (right or wrong) as I no longer trusted him at all. Basically I let his tunneling of me affect my playstyle and my reads. That is obviously not ideal.

Yuma, you're a more level-headed town player than that and unfortunately everybody knows that.  Townyuma wouldn't let me tunneling him prevent him from lynching somebody who you had previously wanted to lynch.

yuma, it seems uncharacteristically poor town play from you to let shraeye's tunnel affect you like that. the wagon behavior certainly implicates you.
agree

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 05, 2014, 09:08:33 pm »

Also yuck:
Wow, I'm a little surprised FTTW got night killed

What do you mean, yuck?  I'm also surprised that FTTW got killed.  This is such an outdated scumtell, use better ones.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 05, 2014, 09:12:24 pm »

One thing that stuck out to me when rereading this game, Axxle and PPS have such unique playing styles, I find them both extremely hard to read just because they are so different.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.