Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 130636 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: March 02, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »

Notice that you didn't vote for me until you asked me if shraeye was scum or not. I gave you a newbie indirect answer and a more firm direct answer and it didn't matter anyway. I also don't like the way you handled almost being lynched and this clear stretching the truth of what actually happy isn't so great either.

Sorry, forgot to address the rest of this in that last post.  What do you mean you didn't lie how I "handled" that near lynch?  And how I am I stretching the truth?  I quoted everything I'm referring to, what is being stretched?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 02, 2014, 06:13:45 pm »

Oh, you're right.  I should probably just hope on whatever bandwagon forms next and plunk my vote there. 

Yep that is exactly what I said...

Now that we have gotten our passive aggressive sarcasm out of the way.... Seriously though. Look at it this way. There are 3 mafia to 10 town. It takes 7 to lynch. If you are town and if you are just keeping your vote on Andrew then town has one less vote to utilize in finding scum. I know you think that Andrew is scum. He might be, he might not be. But the fact of the matter is that he isn't getting lynched today... So your vote is in effect "not voting" for purposes of finding a lynch. This is all stuff you already know, so I dont' even know why I am saying it.... but I will say it anyways... And no I am not saying just plunk your vote down onto a wagon. But analyze the wagons see who you find the most likely to be scum and usefully and effectively place your vote on someone. I am pretty sure you already knew that I was effectively saying this above, but here it is again spelled out for you.

And I'm pretty sure you know me and you know I won't and don't change my vote just because somebody tells me my preferred lynch isn't going through.  I've given my list of reads and will only vote for the people I think are scum. 

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 02, 2014, 06:14:38 pm »

sooo, like...just andrew?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 02, 2014, 06:15:54 pm »

I'm here.  I think I like the raerae lynch (I'm assuming no one else wants to vote Robz yet since no one has done so for several days).  I don't like the way she's been acting but I also think we get some information from her flip.  vote: raerae I think that's L-3 but I was wrong about that last time so someone else should check before getting close to a lynch.

What does this mean?  You think I'm scum or you just don't like playing with me so you want me out of the way?  If you oppose my style but don't actually think I'm scum, that's a real bad town move, bucko.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 02, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »

sooo, like...just andrew?

Or PPS, you need me to post that reads list for you again?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 02, 2014, 06:35:21 pm »

I'm here.  I think I like the raerae lynch (I'm assuming no one else wants to vote Robz yet since no one has done so for several days).  I don't like the way she's been acting but I also think we get some information from her flip.  vote: raerae I think that's L-3 but I was wrong about that last time so someone else should check before getting close to a lynch.

What does this mean?  You think I'm scum or you just don't like playing with me so you want me out of the way?  If you oppose my style but don't actually think I'm scum, that's a real bad town move, bucko.

Yes of course I am aware of that.  When I say I don't like the way you've been acting I'm saying I don't think it's beneficial for town.  That is, you're either acting like scum, or like bad town that might get us to mislynch.  Specifically, the way you've been going after FTTW when he very clearly seems to be acting exactly how I would expect him to as town.  (Which isn't to say he is necessarily town, but if he is scum he has been doing a very good job of acting like he is town, considering it is his first game.)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 02, 2014, 06:36:20 pm »

Notice that you didn't vote for me until you asked me if shraeye was scum or not. I gave you a newbie indirect answer and a more firm direct answer and it didn't matter anyway. I also don't like the way you handled almost being lynched and this clear stretching the truth of what actually happy isn't so great either.

You're trying to tell me you're shraeye vote wasn't sarcastic?  Really?

No, that was a serious vote. And I should belatedly thank you for making me think it through.

Sorry, forgot to address the rest of this in that last post.  What do you mean you didn't lie how I "handled" that near lynch?  And how I am I stretching the truth?  I quoted everything I'm referring to, what is being stretched?

I didn't like how instead of defending yourself, you accuse everyone else of not giving you a chance to defend yourself. You've had chances and you still have chances, you're just not using them. Please, at least try to convince me you're not scum for once this whole game.

You're stretching the truth by only addressing what you want to address instead of what needs to be addressed. For example, nowhere in your argument did you mention this:

So, is shraeye scum or not?

and you still haven't.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 02, 2014, 09:54:30 pm »

So are we going to get a lynch through today? The lack of progress and people showing saying "I am here, but have nothing to say" is not helping at all... I don't buy it for a second that you have nothing to say or add when there has been 2-3 days of content that you haven't talked about.

PS: i won't be online for the lynch deadline due to work. I'll try super hard to get on before I leave to catch the bus and makes sure my vote is where I want it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 02, 2014, 10:13:25 pm »

So I was thinking about votes this game and decided to go back and see how many people had received low amounts of votes this game. Given the current meta of f.ds I would suspect that scum players would want to vote for each other to create those fabricated interactions, thus a lack of votes may indicate a lack of being scum...

here is what I found (note that I didn't include high votes because those were harder to count given the amount of quotes and such and arent' really the focal point of what I am trying to accomplish here)

3.  Robz888 - only 1 vote all game
4.  mail-mi - only 1 vote all game
6.  mcmcsalot - 0 votes all game
7.  A Drowned Kernel - 1 vote all game
8.  pingpongsam - 1 vote all game
10. AndrewisFTTW - 2 votes all game
12. Axxle - 2 votes all game

So biggest point from this is that mcmc is very townie to me. Either he is town or he is scum who has had zero votes from partners all game (possible, but given the f.ds meta of "how to play scum" unlikely I think). There are quite a few players with only 1 vote as well. And Axxle and Andrew with 2.

For context here are the players with more than 2 votes, most have received quite a few (like 6+): yuma, shraeye, eevee, scott, raerae

So I think the four above (myself excluded for my purposes) are probably where we should be focusing... and to an extent we are. Of course this isn't definitive statistics, but is worthwhile I believe and something I woudl be interested in tracking at some point over the course of games... (although once you start studying something you begin to change how people respond)

I am frustrated that the shraeye lynch that I am promoting is being more or less ignored. Maybe that means I am wrong and people don't see anything to it... So... ok moving on. raerae I could still vote for, but I don't really see it as being a wagon that is going to get to the lynch given how it has more or less stalled with multiple people saying they weren't going to support it (eevee, robz, axxle)

So... eevee and scott? I could vote for scott (added benefit that he has 2 votes on him already). Eevee... really the only thing that I know about eevee from this game is that he has opposed the raerae lynch. Other than that, kinda drawing a blank. Eevee why shouldn't I vote for you? (other than the fact that I am now gunshy from voting you after the last game?)

Looking at the two votes on scott I more or less agree with eevee's and ADK's points about playing it safe and a somewhat scummy reaction to the Robz random vote thing (OMGUS)

vote: scott

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 02, 2014, 11:03:43 pm »

If nobody else is behind a yuma lynch, then I want raerae.

Vote: raerae

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 02, 2014, 11:18:55 pm »

Vote Count 1.19iPad:

raerae (5): AndrewisFTTW, mail-mi, mcmcsalot, scott_pilgrim, shraeye
yuma (1): pingpongsam
shraeye (1): Robz888
scott_pilgrim (3): Eevee, A Drowned Kernel, Yuma
AndrewisFTTW (1): raerae

Not Voting (1): Axxle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 4:30 p.m. on March 3, 2014.

That is in less than 24 hours.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 02, 2014, 11:33:43 pm »

If nobody else is behind a yuma lynch, then I want raerae.

Vote: raerae

Or maybe it can happen? I don't like voting behind shraeye, but my read on raerae remains scummy regardless...

vote: raerae

This is L-1

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 02, 2014, 11:46:48 pm »

No... unvote.

I don't like being behind shraeye... Are we sure we don't want to lynch him?

back to vote: scott unless we can lynch shraeye, I am more sure about him than I am about raerae

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 03, 2014, 02:57:51 am »

No... unvote.

back to vote: scott unless we can lynch shraeye, I am more sure about him than I am about raerae

you think scott reacted more scummy to robz than raerae acted toward andrew?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 03, 2014, 04:01:36 am »

shraeye probably has my support, especially if the situation seems to be that it's him or nolynch. I'll reread him, but need a couple of hours.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 03, 2014, 08:54:12 am »

No... unvote.

you think scott reacted more scummy to robz than raerae acted toward andrew?

Sorry... that sentence is confusing my bad.

I am more sure about (shraeye) than I am about raerae... but no one wants to vote for him. Eevee saying he might gives me hope.... but probably not enough to move it.

raerae and scott are pretty close in terms of my reads on them (both in the scummier areas...). raerae has lessened somewhat because of shraeye voting for her but also her reaction to my continued pressure for her to move her vote somewhere more useful. Her reaction to that felt like sassy!town!raerae. Of course it just might be sassy!scum!raerae, but I don't have any memory (aside from some foggy memory of being the mod in CLUE) of raerae as scum to base that off

So really I feel like I do in Diffusion of Power with the lynch choices going into the end of day. I am pretty much ok with all of the ones we are considering (except for myself obviously). Now I would be worried about that except that we almost had ahoppy there, so maybe there is hope here.

what I am worried about is the complete lack of everyone posting.... but I am hopeful people will be posting while I am gone cause I need to catch the bus!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 03, 2014, 10:05:13 am »

In order of scumminess:
Raerae
Shraeye
Eevee
Yuma
Scott

I'll join shraeye if it doesn't look like raerae will happen.

Also, probably wont be on for deadline because thats during school, in fact,  this may be my last post.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:24 am »

Okay thanks Yuma you answered perfectly, I think mafia has hit a slow point across the board so I don't think it's too indicative of the wagons or alignment.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 03, 2014, 12:21:02 pm »

I'll join shraeye if it doesn't look like raerae will happen.

I guess I could do this too. I don't think a shraeye lynch today is likely though.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 03, 2014, 12:27:39 pm »

Vote: Scott
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 03, 2014, 01:57:33 pm »

Well we got about two and a half hours. Anybody else got anything to say? It's looking like a no-lynch today. Raerae is at L-2 and scott is L-3... right?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 03, 2014, 02:22:39 pm »

No... unvote.

And here it is.  He claimed to want to vote for raerae and still has raerae as a scum read, but chooses not to put her to L-1.  you know that if you voted for her, somebody would hammer that.  You're the deciding vote, and you're deciding not to lynch her...DESPITE your read on her.  That's shenanigans.  Raerae being sassy is not indicative of her being town, It's indicative of her being raerae.  And you should know that.  You're just grabbing at flimsy reasons not to Lynch your partner.  I'm calling it here and now.

Raerae and yuma are partners, 200%.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 03, 2014, 02:23:16 pm »

I dare people to lynch her and prove me wrong.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 03, 2014, 02:24:47 pm »

I mean I greatly prefer scotty, but starts to be about time for someone to hit l-1?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 03, 2014, 02:29:24 pm »

What's the argument on scott again? Because I don't want to lynch raerae just for being raerae.

No... unvote.

And here it is.  He claimed to want to vote for raerae and still has raerae as a scum read, but chooses not to put her to L-1.  you know that if you voted for her, somebody would hammer that.  You're the deciding vote, and you're deciding not to lynch her...DESPITE your read on her.  That's shenanigans.  Raerae being sassy is not indicative of her being town, It's indicative of her being raerae.  And you should know that.  You're just grabbing at flimsy reasons not to Lynch your partner.  I'm calling it here and now.

Raerae and yuma are partners, 200%.

I'm pretty sure yuma townslipped earlier though...
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.