Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 129850 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2014, 12:23:41 am »

You're right, I was very much misremembering that. Looking back his reasoning is also more substantial than I remembered. I am suspicious of his lurking though.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 26, 2014, 07:06:53 am »

The scotty vote is not random as Robz suggests.

First off it was supported by Eevee so it's not even original. Secondly, it's Robz proposed not random.

Here's a random vote for you:

Players:
1.  Eevee
2.  scott_pilgrim
3.  Robz888
4.  mail-mi
5.  yuma
6.  mcmcsalot
7.  A Drowned Kernel
8.  pingpongsam
9.  raerae
10. AndrewisFTTW
11. shraeye
12. Axxle

Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 26, 2014, 07:07:42 am »

The fact that the random roll fell on scotty is hilarious ;D

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 26, 2014, 07:14:16 am »

So anyway, I think random voting in general like that without any explanation is scummy, but the fact that you did it on someone that I know is town is enough to make me vote you.

I dig you on the scum factor because as I just illustrated it wasn't verifiably random. However, presuming it was indeed random then the "fact" that it fell on town only supports the probabilistic likelihood that a Town result would be chosen and would be completely unrelated to the circumstances surrounding the method of selection.

I can't tell if you conflating the two is deliberately misleading or just an otherwise candid read clouded with emotion.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 26, 2014, 10:13:29 am »

You're right, I was very much misremembering that. Looking back his reasoning is also more substantial than I remembered. I am suspicious of his lurking though.
Check the vla thread.

@randolynch: ummmm no and I would vote for he who started it, but hes Robz snd raerae is better anyhow.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 26, 2014, 11:45:16 am »

So anyway, I think random voting in general like that without any explanation is scummy, but the fact that you did it on someone that I know is town is enough to make me vote you.

I dig you on the scum factor because as I just illustrated it wasn't verifiably random. However, presuming it was indeed random then the "fact" that it fell on town only supports the probabilistic likelihood that a Town result would be chosen and would be completely unrelated to the circumstances surrounding the method of selection.

I can't tell if you conflating the two is deliberately misleading or just an otherwise candid read clouded with emotion.

What?  I assumed that because Robz said it was random, it was random.  I mean, is there a reason town would say they are voting for someone randomly when they actually have reasons?  And my point was that why would town prefer a random lynch over a lynch on someone they suspect is scummy, it makes no sense.  And Robz still hasn't answered that either.  Seriously, am I the only one who thinks it looks really scummy to just say "Let's pick someone random to lynch, come on everyone let's start a wagon on this guy for literally no reason."  I would be voting for Robz even if he had picked someone other than me, though the fact that he picked me might make me a little biased.  I mean yeah he didn't publicly roll a die to determine who to lynch, because you can't do that as scum in case it lands on your partner.  (You could, but it's easier not to worry about that.)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 26, 2014, 11:46:36 am »

I didn't use true random to pick Scotty, no. I chose someone among the less scrutinized players who I thought could be scum but had no wagon. Scotty.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 26, 2014, 11:54:46 am »

I don't think Robz actually expected anyone else to jump on a wagon on scott just because he "randomly" voted for him. Why Robz decided to do it in the first place, however, is beyond me.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2014, 11:56:07 am »

I don't think Robz actually expected anyone else to jump on a wagon on scott just because he "randomly" voted for him. Why Robz decided to do it in the first place, however, is beyond me.

Reasons.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 26, 2014, 12:00:46 pm »

Reasons.

Such as?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 26, 2014, 12:04:21 pm »

Well I want to see who follows me and why.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 26, 2014, 01:26:21 pm »

Hey, mail-mi, why do you believe Robz when he said he wasn't setting a trap with his IC comment but you don't believe me?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 26, 2014, 04:42:34 pm »

Hey, mail-mi, why do you believe Robz when he said he wasn't setting a trap with his IC comment but you don't believe me?
I never said I did or didn't
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 26, 2014, 05:00:08 pm »

But that's why you're voting for me, correct?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 26, 2014, 05:52:06 pm »

I got a "this wagon on me is totally for the wrong reasons!" vibe from scott's reaction to robz's idea. I'm okay with my vote there (see, at least I know who I'm voting for now).

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 26, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »

But that's why you're voting for me, correct?
um no my reason is the wagon speed. see this post:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 26, 2014, 06:08:51 pm »

I got a "this wagon on me is totally for the wrong reasons!" vibe from scott's reaction to robz's idea. I'm okay with my vote there (see, at least I know who I'm voting for now).

Agreed.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 26, 2014, 07:12:42 pm »

Well yeah, because "no reason" is very clearly the wrong reason to start a wagon on someone.  If a wagon on me existed for some reasons that someone stated, maybe I would try to argue against those reasons and have a rational discussion as to why someone should or shouldn't vote for me.  It's impossible to argue against "vote for someone for no reason".

And now that I've said that I feel obligated to at least acknowledge this:

Vote: scotty
It's not too random, he hasn't said anything accept "null" "claiming is bad" and "lets hop on raerae and say the incorrect lynch count."

In general I have trouble with D1, you basically just wait for someone to do something scummy and if no one does, you lynch randomly.  If you lurk too much people say it looks scummy, so you have to participate some, but there's really no other reason to other than to identify someone else's scummy actions.  If a bunch of perfectly rational people played mafia D1 would just involve everyone choosing a lynch target randomly and hopping on and off wagons until one caught on and rode to the lynch.  So I like to pretend I and the other people here are perfectly rational, so I play D1 like that.  Things change as people claim which is what makes mafia an interesting game, it would be awful if every day was like D1.  Okay I feel like I went on a really long tangent there but my point is just that I never have any idea what I'm supposed to say on D1, I feel obligated to post things because people say it looks scummy not to, so I tend to mostly just post theory talk and wait until a reasonable case can be made against someone.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 26, 2014, 07:20:34 pm »

I got a town vibe from his response

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 26, 2014, 07:30:17 pm »

Well yeah, because "no reason" is very clearly the wrong reason to start a wagon on someone.

this right here is enough to make me vote eevee
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 26, 2014, 07:33:14 pm »

I want to random lynch someone.

Vote: Scotty

Robz the last time you proposed a random lynch like this we were scum together...

So for me to join you on this lynch in such a random way you are either going to have to show me why I should vote for scotty or show me why I should believe you are town and aren't starting up another random wagon as scum on a townie like in DW2

Yeah, that's fair. I don't really have a reason to go with Scotty though... he's just a true null person.

I do find his OMGUS interesting though.

I guess... but it is the sort of reaction that I think anyone would give if they were suddenly a lynch candidate for no other reason than "Robz said so," especially as I don't think scotty knows the history of this style of random lynch and its occasional success

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2014, 07:36:02 pm »

I'm also okay with raerae getting lynched. Shraeye or PPS would be okay, too.

Then why not vote for them instead of scott?

I too think I could vote for either of them. I don't know if I would prefer one or the other or either over raerae...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2014, 07:36:19 pm »

I think Scott's post had a hint of a "those reasons for voting me are bad" instead of "voting for me is bad". Generally, I think town shrugs stupid votes off but scum gets more worked up because "I worked so hard to not appear scummy and I succeeded, yet they are voting for me this is so unfair!".

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2014, 07:47:52 pm »

I'm also okay with raerae getting lynched. Shraeye or PPS would be okay, too.

Then why not vote for them instead of scott?

I too think I could vote for either of them. I don't know if I would prefer one or the other or either over raerae...

I mean... I don't know... I will pobably...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »

Vote Count 1.13:

raerae (3): yuma, AndrewisFTTW, mail-mi
yuma (1): shraeye
AndrewisFTTW (1): raerae
mail-mi (1): A Drowned Kernel
scott_pilgrim (3): Eevee, Robz888, Axxle
Eevee (1): pingpongsam
Robz888 (1): scott_pilgrim

Not Voting (1): mcmcsalot

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 4:30 p.m. on March 3, 2014.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 16 queries.