Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 129918 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: February 24, 2014, 09:02:16 pm »

the speed of the wagon worries me more than the way raerae set andrew up comforts me.

Huh... I hadn't noticed that Eevee was voting (and still is) for raerae when he posted this.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 24, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »

Okay, so processing all that, I guess Axxle's vote is actually pretty townie. I like what he tried to do.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2014, 09:10:03 pm »

Okay, so processing all that, I guess Axxle's vote is actually pretty townie. I like what he tried to do.

great... but about the real matter at hand... how do you feel about raerae?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 24, 2014, 09:11:24 pm »

Well, so I liked your initial reason for voting her a lot, but that was kind of a quick wagon.

Although I was glad to have a quick, obviously doomed wagon against me on Day 1 when I was scum in that last game.

I'm probably more keen on looking at the raerae unvoters. ADK?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 24, 2014, 09:13:29 pm »

really what I am not liking from raerae--and it seems from multiple players in this game--is the setting up of "traps" for people to fall into (sorry Robz I just don't think that is a good way to scumhunt and I think when used as town fails and can be a tool used by mafia to manipulate and justify votes and lynches. I have tried it before and it has never worked the way I wanted it to...)

raerae did it with Andrew...

Axxle tried to do it with raerae...

Robz did something similar with his "IC joke"

What happened to town just playing it straight and trying to find mafia without a bunch of gimmicks?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 24, 2014, 09:14:51 pm »

Well, so I liked your initial reason for voting her a lot, but that was kind of a quick wagon.

Although I was glad to have a quick, obviously doomed wagon against me on Day 1 when I was scum in that last game.

I'm probably more keen on looking at the raerae unvoters. ADK?

and mcmc... his vote/unvote was interesting as it appeared to be more of an internal dialogue with himself as there weren't any votes cast for raerae in between or really even much of a conversation about it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 24, 2014, 09:15:46 pm »

My "IC joke" was not a trap. I never claimed it was a trap. When someone else said it was a trap, I said no, it wasn't.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2014, 09:16:12 pm »

Vote: A Drowned Kernel

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 24, 2014, 09:16:21 pm »

My "IC joke" was not a trap. I never claimed it was a trap. When someone else said it was a trap, I said no, it wasn't.

Sorry then, my mistake.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2014, 09:27:28 pm »

OK, I'm done with this nonsense.  It was never a "trap", it was never a "set-up", it was a damn question to gauge reaction and response.  I responded to mcmc when he asked what wouldn't have made me vote and I thought that was clear.  Do you have questions on that response, yuma?  Or anybody else who thinks I'm just prowling these woods, setting traps, and poaching whatever comes in?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2014, 09:28:59 pm »

OK, I'm done with this nonsense.  It was never a "trap", it was never a "set-up", it was a damn question to gauge reaction and response.  I responded to mcmc when he asked what wouldn't have made me vote and I thought that was clear.  Do you have questions on that response, yuma?  Or anybody else who thinks I'm just prowling these woods, setting traps, and poaching whatever comes in?

I'll respond in a bit.... My wife and I are going to watch some buffy since the baby is finally asleep.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 24, 2014, 09:30:39 pm »

Okay, so I think from all this that the wagon, IMO, is a scum wagon run up by scum. Scum who wanted to get their partner,  raerae, up on an early wagon so she wouldn't be suspected later in the game. This is because of how quickly it rose/fell. So, based on this, vote: raerae.

So who are my partners, mail-mi?  Because everybody in the damn town was on that wagon with the exception of the two people who didn't happen to log in in that twelve hour time-span.  (And for those of you who need a raerae-translation, there was approximation and exaggeration utilized in that sentence.)  And what actually makes you think I'm scum, let's hear it.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 24, 2014, 09:32:27 pm »

I was just concerned about the shraeye wagon (which seems good and forgotten for now, but we'll see)

Vote: Shraeye

Why?  You agree with this?  I don't understand what the quote has to do with your vote.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 24, 2014, 09:33:31 pm »

Vote Count 1.10:

raerae (5): Eevee, yuma, scott_pilgrim, AndrewisFTTW, mail-mi
shraeye (1): Axxle
Eevee(1): pingpongsam
AndrewisFTTW (1): raerae
A Drowned Kernel (1): Robz888

Not Voting (3): shraeye, mcmcsalot, A Drowned Kernel

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 4:30 p.m. on March 3, 2014.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2014, 09:39:51 pm »

I was just concerned about the shraeye wagon (which seems good and forgotten for now, but we'll see)

Why?  You agree with this?  I don't understand what the quote has to do with your vote.
I forgot to revote.

I'm not feeling shraeye too much anymore over Eevee for the quote yuma provided, and yuma himself for not committing to it. I'll say I'll reread both but I'll probably end up not.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2014, 09:48:43 pm »

I forgot to revote.

I'm not feeling shraeye too much anymore over Eevee for the quote yuma provided, and yuma himself for not committing to it. I'll say I'll reread both but I'll probably end up not.

Well...I guess I appreciate the honesty.  Still can't say I understand the shraeye thing though.

Eevee, what's deal?  Still think I'm scum just don't like the speed of the wagon?  Or just haven't found a better place to plant your vote? 

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2014, 09:49:15 pm »

I have to say that I do find Andrew a little scummy... but not nearly scummy enough to overcome my bias against lynching newbies on Day 1.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2014, 09:49:33 pm »

Okay, so I think from all this that the wagon, IMO, is a scum wagon run up by scum. Scum who wanted to get their partner,  raerae, up on an early wagon so she wouldn't be suspected later in the game. This is because of how quickly it rose/fell. So, based on this, vote: raerae.

So who are my partners, mail-mi?  Because everybody in the damn town was on that wagon with the exception of the two people who didn't happen to log in in that twelve hour time-span.  (And for those of you who need a raerae-translation, there was approximation and exaggeration utilized in that sentence.)  And what actually makes you think I'm scum, let's hear it.
Well, if I had to pick a scum team now, id say you/eevee/adk. Definitely not 100 percent confident. And yes, it is the wagon that makes me think ur scum. Its not much, but not much is all we've got on D1
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2014, 09:51:18 pm »

I have to say that I do find Andrew a little scummy... but not nearly scummy enough to overcome my bias against lynching newbies on Day 1.

Well shucks.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2014, 10:04:10 pm »

PPS and Eevee quickly chiming in to speak against the wagon...

I haven't spoken against it. I generally expect such a fast D1 wagon to be on town, though. I had no fantasy that my comment was going to slow anything down.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2014, 10:07:21 pm »

So, here's a question, is anybody even going to listen to me or should I just hammer myself now?  There was no sarcasm there.  I'm not going to waste my time if you're not going to listen.

Oh boo hoo, we've got a victim. This is practically always a scumtell and even if it isn't nobody wants someone around who won't play their wincon.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 24, 2014, 10:07:44 pm »

Agree 100%

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2014, 10:12:46 pm »

So who are my partners, mail-mi?  Because everybody in the damn town was on that wagon with the exception of the two people who didn't happen to log in in that twelve hour time-span.

False, I am Town, I wasn't on the wagon and I was there when it crescendoed.

Discrediting mail-mi for not calling the scumteam on D1 is weak deflection.

This is piss poor play regardless of raerae's alignment.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2014, 10:13:59 pm »

Agree 100%

So how do I seem a little scummy?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2014, 11:06:45 pm »

Ok... maybe trap isn't quite the right wordage to use. But let's look at what you did...

So this quote is at the end of the post that you quoted:
Personally, I think the thing on shraeye is nonsense and I'm shocked it gained as much traction as it did.

So you come into the conversation before questioning Andrew with the idea in mind that the case on shraeye was nonsense... This is your mindset...

With this mindset you form the following questions: (with an answer to the first from Andrew in between)

Hey, Andrew, can we get your side of the story on this?  You think shraeye was trying to paint you in an ugly way?

and

Sure. I did feel a little pressured and it seemed like the question was posed in an accusatory manner. However, this is the internet and I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I have no facial expression to go on and certain sentences can seem like they're saying more than they actually are. That is to say things can be quite easily misinterpreted and skewed. Ok now I'm rambling.

Sorry for playing devil's advocate but the main thing I felt when I first read that was "why am I being asked this? I thought I was clear what I was trying to learn." It seemed more like prodding and unnecessary interrogation than a serious curiosity. Of course, that's what this game is about right?

So, is shraeye scum or not?

You lead Andrew into the conversation about shraeye. You phrase your question so that it makes Andrew think about shraeye in an "ugly" scummy way.

He gives an answer that I felt perfectly answered what you asked... He says that the question was asked in an accusatory manner (giving you the knowledge that there was some scummy inclination on his part) but isn't sure about it... since when is some indecision such a bad thing on day1 from a brand new player??? I mean sure it isn't ideal. But I think it is far better than a player who comes in with the idea that their reads are absolute and 100% accurate and will refuse to budge!

After that you post a question that in and of itself isn't bad. "Is shraeye scummy?" But the way it is phrased makes it look like Andrew was trying to avoid answering that question in his first reply when you never asked him that question directly.

So really what I saw was:
1. you came in with an established idea about the shraeye wagon (and thus shraeye's alignment"
2. you primed Andrew with a question to make him be inclined to find shraeye scummy
3. you seemed to express disappointment that Andrew didn't come out and directly say shraeye was scummy when you never specifically asked him that
4. and then once he does directly answer your question you vote, which seems like it was the whole purpose of it all, that you wanted to get him to vote for shraeye so you could then vote for him.

I don't know... maybe I am seeing something here that isn't really here, but that is what I feel like I saw. And maybe there is a town narrative to what you did (it isn't really my style of trying to out scum)

As for questions... I don't know if I really have any.... I will certainly read any response you write and answer any questions you have...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 20 queries.