Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 129884 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2014, 05:06:22 pm »

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME???????

YOU PEOPLE PUT ME AT L-1 WITHOUT GIVING ME A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN MY POSITION????

F that noise.  shraeye gets up to what? L-3, L-4, and everybody pees their pants over a wagon building too quickly.  This is insane. 

So, here's a question, is anybody even going to listen to me or should I just hammer myself now?  There was no sarcasm there.  I'm not going to waste my time if you're not going to listen.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2014, 05:32:22 pm »

Unvote

That escalated really damn quick. I have more to say but I wanted to get the unvote out right away.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2014, 05:32:26 pm »

Vote: raerae
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2014, 05:32:51 pm »

Well this is fun. At the very least we have some good ole' fashioned reactions to what just went down to analyze...

We have scott and Andrew putting her at what they thought was L-2 and L-1 and Axxle saying that he would hammer...

PPS and Eevee quickly chiming in to speak against the wagon...

And of course raerae's reaction itself to the wagon on her...

The two voters I don't really have much issue with... I mean it wasn't like raerae was derphammered or quickhammered. Neither really offered much substance to their votes, but honestly there isn't really a super amount for my vote either (being day1 and all). If anything Andrew's vote is a bit scummier because it came directly on the heels of scott's and didn't say anything new... But neither really speak to raerae's alignment.

Axxle... did you really intend to hammer? (and if so at what point? after raerae had chimed in? after others had spoken their mind?) I guess I was a bi surprised by that intent given your silence on the subject up to that point... Yeah... this is kinda weird Axxle, what gives?

And raerae responded just like I think raerae would respond as either alignment, although perhaps not as necessary as people were incorrect about the vote count.... I want to hear her full response before doing anything else though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2014, 05:33:46 pm »

Vote: raerae

really, really weird... So I take it you think raerae is mafia? Why? Original thoughts? Sheeping? Nobody can know cause you ain't gonna say?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2014, 05:34:06 pm »

Unvote

Thanks for ruining my fun ADK.

PEdit: I did not intend to hammer at any point.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2014, 05:35:01 pm »

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME???????

YOU PEOPLE PUT ME AT L-1 WITHOUT GIVING ME A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN MY POSITION????

F that noise.  shraeye gets up to what? L-3, L-4, and everybody pees their pants over a wagon building too quickly.  This is insane. 

So, here's a question, is anybody even going to listen to me or should I just hammer myself now?  There was no sarcasm there.  I'm not going to waste my time if you're not going to listen.

Actually your at L-2 because I unvoted you because town!raerae has been known to latch on to players you think are scum and push hard.

please answer this

vote: raerae

What answer could he have given that you would not have replied the same way?
From my perspective you asked him a question and afterwards voted him for a reason unrelated to his answer.

Exactly how I feel about it. It can't be a serious vote. I dont get why someone would post out of spite in this game as it really doesn't help anything.

I am willing to listen especially with hammer hungry axxle over here.

@scott I guess L-1 is enough to back off but I would refrain from unvoting just because a wagon gets high. stick to your guns and make scum make a scummy hammer if they want to quicklynch. Raerae is now sitting at L-2 still since the scott unvote and axxle vote.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2014, 05:35:21 pm »

? then what did you intend... I don't get it....

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2014, 05:36:08 pm »

I meant adk not scott sorry
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 24, 2014, 05:37:01 pm »

woah the axxle unvote is sooo scummy, an L-1 vote and then and unvote when raerae hits L-2??? shes at L-3 now what are you people doing

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 24, 2014, 05:37:33 pm »

I wanted to gauge the reactions of people on the wagon, I didn't get anything out of it since it turns out raerae wasn't actually at L-1.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 24, 2014, 05:39:12 pm »

woah the axxle unvote is sooo scummy, an L-1 vote and then and unvote when raerae hits L-2??? shes at L-3 now what are you people doing
I wanted to see how raerae reacted to what she thought was a hammer, resignment would have been a huge scumtell. The ADK unvote ruined that though.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 24, 2014, 05:40:25 pm »

I wanted to gauge the reactions of people on the wagon, I didn't get anything out of it since it turns out raerae wasn't actually at L-1.

You wanted to gauge the reaction of taking her from L-2 to L-1 and when you instead took her from L-3 to L-2 you decided it was unhelpful and unvoted...

ppe1 ohhhhhhhh, you though raerae might think it was the hammer and give away alignment. okay, thats not crazy dumb

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 24, 2014, 05:53:41 pm »

The thing is I never thought raerae was acting particularly scummy I was just concerned about the shraeye wagon (which seems good and forgotten for now, but we'll see) and wanted to know what her thoughts were. I'm reading more or less town from her and I'm not about to take chances with a stupid mislynch.

RE Axxle: the fake hammer move seems risky as all hell but that seems more like a gutsy town play than a scum move, he's going to draw a lot of attention to himself for it and I think that's the opposite of what scum wants. I'm that not sorry I ruined it though, and of course I had no idea that's what you were doing. I was catching up, saw people (including her) saying she was at L-1, saw your "intent to hammer", and posted.

Also, to answer raerae's question from way way back: I said that people associate claiming with town because that's the whole point of it, yes scum can fakeclaim but it's risky for them and if claiming didn't give you at least some town cred it wouldn't be a thing.

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2014, 05:59:51 pm »

From my perspective you asked him a question and afterwards voted him for a reason unrelated to his answer.

No, I asked him that question to see if he would actually take a stance on something as he'd been pretty wishy-washy for the rest of the game.  I felt my question was pointed and didn't leave room for him to waffle, meaning he would have to give an opinion, a solid thought.  He didn't have one so it's my belief he's waiting for somebody else's reaction before he lays down his own.  It was something I got a hint at on the reread but I wanted to test my hypothesis before trying to throw a nail in that coffin.  It isn't much but it's all I got.  I think he was coached to play up his newbie status and not take strong stances.  He messed that up when he mentioned scum drawing suspicion on themselves early and tried to backpedal out of that.  It very nearly worked when Yuma gave him that "newbie know stuff too!" pass but I'm not buying it.  He was coached, he slipped up, and I'm leaving my vote where it is.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2014, 06:01:37 pm »

Exactly how I feel about it. It can't be a serious vote. I dont get why someone would post out of spite in this game as it really doesn't help anything.

Please don't ever think that.  There was no spite in that vote.  I'm trying to scumhunt with what little information we have D1.  Please don't take this personal as I promise you, it is not.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2014, 06:08:24 pm »

Well, looks like raerae is Town...

What makes you think this?  Also, wasn't your vote on me at this point or am I, as always, losing track of the vote?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 24, 2014, 06:09:40 pm »

Well, looks like raerae is Town...

What makes you think this?  Also, wasn't your vote on me at this point or am I, as always, losing track of the vote?

Saw the vote count two posts later, ignore the second half but please, answer the first.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 24, 2014, 06:23:52 pm »

Vote Count 1.7:

raerae (4): Eevee, yuma, scott_pilgrim, AndrewisFTTW
shraeye (1): mail-mi
Eevee(1): pingpongsam
AndrewisFTTW (1): raerae

Not Voting (5): Robz888, shraeye, mcmcsalot, A Drowned Kerel, Axxle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 4:30 p.m. on February 26, 2014.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2014, 06:34:58 pm »

Fixing the above, which had the wrong deadline and wrong numbering.

Vote Count 1.9:

raerae (4): Eevee, yuma, scott_pilgrim, AndrewisFTTW
shraeye (1): mail-mi
Eevee(1): pingpongsam
AndrewisFTTW (1): raerae

Not Voting (5): Robz888, shraeye, mcmcsalot, A Drowned Kerel, Axxle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 4:30 p.m. on March 3, 2014.

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 24, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »

Hey, I'm not stupid. I know looking like a newbie will make people think I'm faking it and thus am scum. It's one of the first thoughts I had before the game started. It's funny that it takes a little more thought to come to the conclusion that I am, in reality, fumbling my way through this game, struggling to explain why I asked a question I legitimately didn't know the answer to.

Anyway, I voted for you because asking me a loaded question as opposed to asking me to elaborate on my thoughts seems scummy to me. Scum, it seems to me, would be less likely to be interested in discussion and giving people chances than setting a trap and stepping away while everyone else fights over it.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 24, 2014, 07:24:12 pm »

I just re-read really quickly. Now I have to re-re-read to make sense of the wagon that just rose and fell.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 24, 2014, 07:32:10 pm »

I just read really quickly. Now I have to re-read to make sense of the wagon that just rose and fell.
Probably fixed that for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 24, 2014, 08:14:12 pm »

Okay, so I think from all this that the wagon, IMO, is a scum wagon run up by scum. Scum who wanted to get their partner,  raerae, up on an early wagon so she wouldn't be suspected later in the game. This is because of how quickly it rose/fell. So, based on this, vote: raerae.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 24, 2014, 08:25:38 pm »

I was just concerned about the shraeye wagon (which seems good and forgotten for now, but we'll see)

Vote: Shraeye
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 16 queries.