Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Feodum/Chapel opening  (Read 2636 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12910
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Feodum/Chapel opening
« on: December 25, 2013, 08:44:45 pm »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20131225/log.510d7890e4b0ac7a7a0be611.1388022046927.txt

Code: [Select]
Chapel, Stonemason, Urchin, Feast, Feodum, Throne Room, Count, Cultist, Mystic, Witch
In this game, I was considering opening Feodum/Chapel, because if I can connect them, I can just Chapel away everything without having to worry about economy for a while. I ended up not doing that, but my opponent did it. His luck was pretty bad and mine was very good (even though it wasn't even in the kingdom!), and I was having a huge lead before he resigned.

Is Feodum/Chapel just simply a bad opening or did my opponent lose just because of shuffle luck?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Feodum/Chapel opening
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 12:03:04 am »

I think LastFootNote did something similar in a casual game against me. Around 30% chance they hit right? even more after you trash one with Chapel.

I would say no on most boards, but this board seems week, and you need the money. After I would get witch, or Cultists for draw and attacking power.

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 12:43:34 am »
+2

They both fell to turn 5.  I think ideally you won't collide Feodum and Chapel turn 3/4, but rather get to Chapel away 4 cards.  Then ideally like turn 5/6 you collide and trash 4 cards and end up turn 6/7 with good economy and minimal junk.  Because if you collide Feodum and Chapel in your first trashing, your deck becomes good enough that you probably won't be able to trash >2 cards with your Chapel and you'll be pretty meh.
A man on a mission.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 12:26:53 pm »
+1

mine was very good (even though it wasn't even in the kingdom!)

Booooooooooooo

I love doing cute little tricks with on-trash effects. I think I opened Feodum/Chapel IRL once...I'm certain I once bought Feoda specifically to "pay" my Mercenary ;D
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 01:28:10 pm »

I'm certain I once bought Feoda specifically to "pay" my Mercenary ;D
That flavor!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 02:15:40 pm »
+1

I can't see chapel with foedum being much use here. I think there's a throne based engine and those three silvers might become an obstacle to controlling the deck, even if you do pair things up well.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 02:33:25 pm »

I can't see chapel with foedum being much use here. I think there's a throne based engine and those three silvers might become an obstacle to controlling the deck, even if you do pair things up well.
I don't really see a throne based engine here. The best +cards are Witch and Cultist and there isn't a +buy, so an engine that reliably gives you $8 should be enough, and a number of Cultists is enough for that. You could, of course, add Throne Rooms and possibly Mystics/Urchins to split an action and play a Count or a Stonemason for the pseudo-buy or a Witch for the extra junking in addition to the Cultist chain, but both options sound like they're not worth the time it takes to set it up.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 03:49:58 pm »
+3

When there's a Throne Room, there's a way.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 05:54:04 pm »

When there's a Throne Room, there's a way.

If I had a penny for every time I should have used Throne Room...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.