Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]  All

Author Topic: RMM30: Making Fun Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 73742 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM30: Making Fun Mafia (Game Over)
« Reply #825 on: February 16, 2016, 04:21:29 pm »

Wait, so whatthefuck happened with Hydrad and Joseph?

Hydrad lied and told Joseph he was a traitor, and Joseph lied back and claimed to be mafia with Yuma. Both were town.

It's the kind of town play you dream about as scum.

Right but I mean... what was the thought process there?  Why did anyone (Hydrad started it?) even think to try it in the first place?

Obligatory reminder that you don't get to be befuddled by crazy lying town anymore. #Fakevigneverforget

Hey, we won when I did it!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 16, 2016, 06:07:34 pm »

nice job partners. This game was intriguing and certainly would have been more so had town not decided to self implode 3 times.
Yuma, you might not want to answer me, and I know it was a terrible, terrible play, but how do you feel about my quickhammer of you? And why'd you give me that idea?

I mean... you hammered mafia. So it wasn't terrible, terrible play.

But in general I felt like your attitude after your were hammered, and even while you were still alive, was less that you wanted to win the game and more that you wanted to be a pain in the rear and just hammer everyone to make the game shorter. Restless Spirit had the potential to be a really good role and very beneficial to town, but the way you played just made it so that everyone was hated.

And I wouldn't say I gave you the idea. I felt that based on your previous play that once you saw that I was at L-1 (or anyone else for that matter) that you would hammer me so I tried to get someone else to take me away from L-1. Once you didn't hammer me, I thought that perhaps I had misjudged you. But in fact... I didn't...

Honestly, I question whether or not you were actually playing this game or just trolling. Only you can answer that question and frankly I am at the point where the answer isn't that important to me anymore.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 16, 2016, 07:29:10 pm »

Hydrad lied and told Joseph he was a traitor, and Joseph lied back and claimed to be mafia with Yuma. Both were town.

Right but I mean... what was the thought process there?  Why did anyone (Hydrad started it?) even think to try it in the first place?
I think it was a fine play by Hydrad - but why did Joseph lie? That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 16, 2016, 07:32:59 pm »

I think it was a fine play by Hydrad - but why did Joseph lie? That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

It makes sense if he is trying to misdirect traitor!Hydrad's night actions so that they hurt town less. Generally, I would play along for the night for fear of getting nightkilled otherwise, which is less valid here since a Traitor can't usually nightkill.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 16, 2016, 07:37:12 pm »

It makes sense if he is trying to misdirect traitor!Hydrad's night actions so that they hurt town less. Generally, I would play along for the night for fear of getting nightkilled otherwise, which is less valid here since a Traitor can't usually nightkill.
But I mean, if I was town and someone confessed to being a traitor to me I wouldn't believe them. Or if I was scum for that matter.

nice job partners. This game was intriguing and certainly would have been more so had town not decided to self implode 3 times.
Yuma, you might not want to answer me, and I know it was a terrible, terrible play, but how do you feel about my quickhammer of you? And why'd you give me that idea?

But in general I felt like your attitude after your were hammered, and even while you were still alive, was less that you wanted to win the game and more that you wanted to be a pain in the rear and just hammer everyone to make the game shorter. Restless Spirit had the potential to be a really good role and very beneficial to town, but the way you played just made it so that everyone was hated.

And I wouldn't say I gave you the idea. I felt that based on your previous play that once you saw that I was at L-1 (or anyone else for that matter) that you would hammer me so I tried to get someone else to take me away from L-1. Once you didn't hammer me, I thought that perhaps I had misjudged you. But in fact... I didn't...

Honestly, I question whether or not you were actually playing this game or just trolling. Only you can answer that question and frankly I am at the point where the answer isn't that important to me anymore.
Roadrunner was clearly playing to his wincon. In fact I thought his lynch was pretty darn awful. By the time he claimed his true role I was pretty sure he was town.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 16, 2016, 07:39:47 pm »

But I mean, if I was town and someone confessed to being a traitor to me I wouldn't believe them. Or if I was scum for that matter.

Roadrunner was clearly playing to his wincon. In fact I thought his lynch was pretty darn awful. By the time he claimed his true role I was pretty sure he was town.

Why were you not in the speccy? :( It was too empty there.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 16, 2016, 07:42:19 pm »

Exactly that reason - play along,  don't get night killed, and screw up their night actions by getting them to target the person I found most scummy.
And if they were traitor,  then I could try and do the same again every night.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 16, 2016, 07:46:31 pm »

Exactly that reason - play along,  don't get night killed, and screw up their night actions by getting them to target the person I found most scummy.
And if they were traitor,  then I could try and do the same again every night.

This makes sense if you assume Hydrad wasn't town, but by your posts it seems that you didn't assume that nor should you assume that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 16, 2016, 07:49:43 pm »

Only RR can answer if he was playing toward his wincon. From my perspective as mafia (who also thereby knew he was town) I saw him pretty much self-destruct himself in multiple ways that he could have prevented and then not take any responsibility for those actions. And then after he was lynched casually vote in a way that appeared to be nonchalant and vindictive to the town that lynched him.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.