Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22  All

Author Topic: Secret Hitler II - Game Over  (Read 50651 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler II - Round 1
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 09:22:47 am »

It clearly benefits me to vote yes to Seprix's government so I have the hammer for government round 2, and that in turn would line you up for the round 3 hammer, faust. That said, I almost prefer to not be in a government at first myself because I feel like you get more information from seeing the discussion after the president and chancellor ultimately decide policy. I say (and stress) almost only because if I'm in a government myself I know I can maximize the chances of passing a liberal card, whereas if I'm not in the government I'm leaving that decision up to others.

But if Seprix gets the government, chances are that I won't be President until round 4 or even 5. To ensure that I am among the three options for round 3, I have to get gkrieg elected.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 09:32:36 am »

I think there should be 6 liberal policies?

Whoops, yes. It's correct on the sheet, just typed it wrong here.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 10:57:27 am »

Well, shoot. I'm possibly going to be government. I'll for sure have to read all the rules carefully now. I was hoping I could just watch and learn in conjunction with reading the rules. Never played the actual game, but it did seem really fun skimming through the rules.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 11:00:08 am »

Okay, scratch all that. The rules are even simpler than I thought. :p
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 11:02:05 am »

It clearly benefits me to vote yes to Seprix's government so I have the hammer for government round 2, and that in turn would line you up for the round 3 hammer, faust. That said, I almost prefer to not be in a government at first myself because I feel like you get more information from seeing the discussion after the president and chancellor ultimately decide policy. I say (and stress) almost only because if I'm in a government myself I know I can maximize the chances of passing a liberal card, whereas if I'm not in the government I'm leaving that decision up to others.

But if Seprix gets the government, chances are that I won't be President until round 4 or even 5. To ensure that I am among the three options for round 3, I have to get gkrieg elected.

Why gkraig in particular? Why not SS, or whoever else is before your potential term?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 11:19:20 am »

I see what faust is saying, in that if he votes for anyone before gkrieg then it's possible another government will form before the hammer, preventing him from being a possibility for round 3's governments.

With current turn order:
Seprix
Hydrad
Gkrieg13
Chairs
ghostofmars
Silverspawn
faust
It's possible that a Seprix-led government, Hydrad-led government, and Gkrieg-led government could all happen, making faust not even the hammer government for round 4's government.

But his real point is that if your government or Hydrad's government passes, then gkrieg's government could pass, which would make round 3 options chairs/ghostofmars/silverspawn and leave him in the cold.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 11:19:57 am »

Did I mention I"m on multiple sinus medicines? They make me kinda loopy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 11:49:26 am »

Okay, scratch all that. The rules are even simpler than I thought. :p

They are? I'm still really confused. I'll have to read the full rules...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 12:50:25 pm »

Wow it's been a while since I've been called gkraig  :o

I was hitler last game, and I still don't get the voting down the first few just to make yourself the candidate.  I feel like I wanted to do that more as hitler to ensure I was proven liberal than I want to do this game as a liberal.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2016, 12:54:05 pm »

Wow it's been a while since I've been called gkraig  :o

I was hitler last game, and I still don't get the voting down the first few just to make yourself the candidate.  I feel like I wanted to do that more as hitler to ensure I was proven liberal than I want to do this game as a liberal.

Well, the theory is that you know you're a liberal, so a government with you is strictly better than a government without you.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 01:10:19 pm »

/tag
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 01:17:04 pm »

I think voting like that makes it easy for fascist to hide their voting patterns

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 01:21:31 pm »

Since gkrieg was Hitler last time, the chances of him being Hitler again... are the same, though the odds are pretty low, so I would bet he isn't Hitler, just because. But he could very well be Fascist. I can vote for myself potentially, right? I mean, I would be alright with a different government, but I know for sure I'm a Libby so the odds are just better that way.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 03:20:17 pm »

Since gkrieg was Hitler last time, the chances of him being Hitler again... are the same, though the odds are pretty low, so I would bet he isn't Hitler, just because. But he could very well be Fascist.
::)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 03:21:16 pm »

Since something happened that has zero impact on the current game, let me talk about it and conclude that it has zero impact on the current game but that all cases are still possible and the least likely case is least likely

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2016, 04:04:41 pm »

Since something happened that has zero impact on the current game, let me talk about it and conclude that it has zero impact on the current game but that all cases are still possible and the least likely case is least likely

I lol'd.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2016, 04:16:55 pm »

Well, anything else of note to discuss?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2016, 04:39:26 pm »

I don't know. How do you play this game? It seems to have a lot of similarities with mafia, but with more "setup" talk, so to speak.

I guess someone can tell me if we are already voting? I read the rules but I'm still not sure.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2016, 04:49:06 pm »

You send your vote via PM to the mod.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2016, 04:54:23 pm »

It looks like I can select someone as a Chancellor as well. I will give some thought to this.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2016, 04:55:10 pm »

Seprix needs to say who he is going to elect chancellor.  Then we all vote at the same time via PM.  The votes are all revealed and if a majority votes yes on the government, Seprix will get three cards from the deck, discard one and pass the other two to the chancellor, who will discard one and flip the other.  We want liberal policies enacted.

If a fascist policy is enacted, the president gets a special power sometimes.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2016, 05:02:31 pm »

If anyone (especially those who weren't in the first game) has any rules questions I am happy to answer them either in the thread or in PMs
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2016, 05:21:20 pm »

Woo.

So seprix an gkrieg are obviously fasisct. So the only option is to vote me. Vote Hydrad make f.ds great again.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2016, 05:25:50 pm »

Vote Hydrad make f.ds great again.

You convinced me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2016, 05:36:08 pm »

I don't know. How do you play this game? It seems to have a lot of similarities with mafia, but with more "setup" talk, so to speak.

I guess someone can tell me if we are already voting? I read the rules but I'm still not sure.
In my opinion, the similarities with mafia are there, but this game gives you a lot of hard data (votes + laws). Because votes and laws are necessary to win the game, hard data beats soft one (reads from scummy posts) most of the time. I will try to analyze the voting pattern in this game again, in the last game it was a good indication of who is fascist.

As to how to play the game: In the last game, we made every potential president candidate suggest a shadow chancellor. Then you can choose if you want to approve the current government or if there is a better one down the line. In the early game (before 3 fascist laws are enacted), it is most important to avoid a fascist president. Hitler may be okay, because he often plays liberal.
As secondary goal, you'd like to avoid a fascist chancellor, but that is less critical. In the liberal president / fascist chancellor scenario, the fascist chancellor would out himself to the president and give the special ability (if available) to a liberal player.

In the beginning, you don't know the alignment of any player, so you would like to be included in the government. Only if there is no chance of being added to any government, I would approve a government that doesn't include me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 15 queries.