Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161380 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 1 in progress
« Reply #675 on: August 29, 2012, 02:24:10 am »

The only thing that was holding me back from voting PPS turned out not very correct, so I went ahead and voted when I realized that.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 29, 2012, 05:46:34 am »

The only thing that was holding me back from voting PPS turned out not very correct, so I went ahead and voted when I realized that.

What was holding you back? Just the number of votes?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 29, 2012, 05:49:40 am »

What was holding you back? Just the number of votes?

Yeah, didn't realize it was L-6 still.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:43 am »

I can't say that pingpongsam's wagon has grown particularly fast. I mean... there's only 4 people on it. It's not like he jumped to L-1 or anything.

I do not support a Morgrim7 lynch. Why do people always come back to morgrim? Lynch mafia, not scum, and so on and so forth. ...I swear I'm turning into Morgrim's lawyer or something.
Todays lynch is going to be almost random anyways (or hit town, depends on your view). I thought this could finally be the game where we policy-lynch the notorious self-voter. Although I got to say, he has calmed down some (in other games, here he just doesn't post).

I thought PPS had more votes than that on him, maybe I overreacted. To avoid getting pinned as his scumpartner in the unlikely event he actually is scum: Vote: PPS
I don't particularly believe in this lynch but this is the only way I don't look like his scumbuddy derailing the lynch for wrongful reasons so..

That just sounds so, so scummy...

But so goddamn townie at the same time. Eevee is too pro at mafia.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 29, 2012, 06:09:29 am »

I can't say that pingpongsam's wagon has grown particularly fast. I mean... there's only 4 people on it. It's not like he jumped to L-1 or anything.

I do not support a Morgrim7 lynch. Why do people always come back to morgrim? Lynch mafia, not scum, and so on and so forth. ...I swear I'm turning into Morgrim's lawyer or something.
Todays lynch is going to be almost random anyways (or hit town, depends on your view). I thought this could finally be the game where we policy-lynch the notorious self-voter. Although I got to say, he has calmed down some (in other games, here he just doesn't post).

I thought PPS had more votes than that on him, maybe I overreacted. To avoid getting pinned as his scumpartner in the unlikely event he actually is scum: Vote: PPS
I don't particularly believe in this lynch but this is the only way I don't look like his scumbuddy derailing the lynch for wrongful reasons so..

That just sounds so, so scummy...

But so goddamn townie at the same time. Eevee is too pro at mafia.
O to the rescue, as per usual! <3

No but seriously, I'm town.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 29, 2012, 06:47:16 am »

As of this morning I am back. Thanks for lumping on in my absence; makes the scum easier to spot.

Looks like the vote on Eevee is still a decent vote although I'm considering voting Galzria. Galz joined me awfully quickly on voting Eevee and he didn't feel too bad about jumping right onto me which tells me he doesn't care which townie dies so long as a townie dies.

PS - I wasn't rolefishing so much as postulating why Morgrim might be inviting a lynch. That is, I was warning against taking a free lynch which might result in a massive die-off. But if you want to hang me for taking your unknown alignment's life into consideration then have fun with that. IMO rolefishing is pressuring a response form the person whose role it is you are trying to determine not casting a blanket observation to the entire game.

PPS (haha) - As for my earlier claim, if you have a sense of humor you can see that anyone at any point in the game can make the same claim. Hang the comedian.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 29, 2012, 06:50:21 am »

Note: My vote should still have been on Frisk even though I said that Insomniac should vote and unvote.  The unvote wasn't bolded so it shouldn't count.

@eHal: I didn't call out Morgrim because it's morgrim.  I would have been surprised to see him participate in the discussion, though not to claim randomly with excessive information 4 days later.  Insomniac could only quote, so it's reasonable that he didn't participate.  Frisk was the only one that stood out.

Anyways, I still think Frisk is scummiest, so I'll just leave my vote there.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 29, 2012, 09:00:29 am »

I am not going to be a Nazi about bold/unbold. If it appears to me that your intent is to vote or unvote I will reflect that in the count. If you don't want to unvote, don't unvote.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 29, 2012, 09:03:27 am »

Vote Count 1.16:

cayvie (1): Archetype
eHalcyon (1): O
Eevee (2): pingpongsam, cayvie
Morgrim7 (1): Morgrim7
pingpongsam (5): Insomniac, Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Robz888, Eevee
Insomniac (1): eHalcyon
Captain_Frisk (2): Watno, theorel
theorel (1): Axxle
Archetype (1): Cuzz

Not voting {3}: ashersky, Dsell, ftl

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Thursday, August 30th, at 3 p.m. forum time
30 hours from now!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 29, 2012, 09:31:36 am »

To avoid getting pinned as his scumpartner in the unlikely event he actually is scum: Vote: PPS

Damn, Eevee... not only is your reasoning scummy as hell but you even state that it is unlikely that I am scum yet you are voting for me.

I can't believe I'm doing this but I actually think Mafia wouldn't be so dumb as to do what you are doing and I don't think you are THAT pro. Unvote

For reasons already stated, Vote: Galzria

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

It is day 1. If you are scum, your lynch won't go through today (because that's how we roll here).

Unvote though, got a towny feel from you not trying to wagon me (even though it would have likely been easy).

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 29, 2012, 10:39:13 am »

It is day 1. If you are scum, your lynch won't go through today (because that's how we roll here).

Unvote though, got a towny feel from you not trying to wagon me (even though it would have likely been easy).

LOL, your not scummy because you don't see me as scummy partnered with an unvote. This has to be the opposite of OMGUS, I think I'll call it OMGUR (Omg you rock).
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 29, 2012, 10:41:51 am »

Actually I think I'll even Vote: Eevee over it.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 29, 2012, 10:58:56 am »

LOL, your not scummy because you don't see me as scummy partnered with an unvote. This has to be the opposite of OMGUS, I think I'll call it OMGUR (Omg you rock).
Am I wrong to think scum wants to tunnel townies who appear scummy? After the flip they can just hide behind "well he was playing ridic bad and everyone else thought he was scum too!!"

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 29, 2012, 11:04:29 am »

Eevee play was scummy but is not Mafia. Insomniac play is a safe Mafia play for voting on a scummy looking player. Galzria play is Mafia play for joining whatever Town wagon is rolling. Take your pick.

PS - Galzria has been added to my spellchecker since I keep misspelling his name.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: August 29, 2012, 11:09:45 am »

Eevee play was scummy but is not Mafia. Insomniac play is a safe Mafia play for voting on a scummy looking player. Galzria play is Mafia play for joining whatever Town wagon is rolling. Take your pick.

PS - Galzria has been added to my spellchecker since I keep misspelling his name.
PPS play was towny because he didn't do what Insomniac did.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:31 am »

When you make your arguments, you should do some research first. I had actually cast my vote for Eevee twice in the game prior to you coming along. Was it there when you cast yours? No. Was I happy to see that wagon forming? Obviously. So what did I do? Omgobvscum! I revoted for someone I already thought had done scummy things! Wow! Shocker!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:50 am »

When you make your arguments, you should do some research first. I had actually cast my vote for Eevee twice in the game prior to you coming along. Was it there when you cast yours? No. Was I happy to see that wagon forming? Obviously. So what did I do? Omgobvscum! I revoted for someone I already thought had done scummy things! Wow! Shocker!

I'll take your word on that for the moment. What about joining the wagon on me?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 29, 2012, 11:48:37 am »

Galz' 1st vote on Eevee was immediately rescinded as teasing.

His second vote on Eevee was a joke vote in mock retaliation for voting Voltgloss.

Now, the 3rd vote may not be entirely inconsistent with this pattern but it sure is awfully convenient and also fits the pattern of joining the wagon on me once that one got rolling.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 29, 2012, 11:51:42 am »

@PPS Let me try and follow your logic here
- Town wants to vote for scum/mafia.
- I voted for someone who I think is scummy/mafia
- Therefore I am scum?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 29, 2012, 11:57:13 am »

No, Town wants to vote for Mafia. There is a difference between scummy behavior and Mafia behavior. Scummy behavior is generally easy to spot and even easier to demonize. Mafia behavior, especially this early in the game is much more subtle and is harder to elucidate because of the smoke screening that erupts such as you are doing now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 29, 2012, 12:05:20 pm »

Galz' 1st vote on Eevee was immediately rescinded as teasing.

His second vote on Eevee was a joke vote in mock retaliation for voting Voltgloss.

Now, the 3rd vote may not be entirely inconsistent with this pattern but it sure is awfully convenient and also fits the pattern of joining the wagon on me once that one got rolling.

My vote over wanting to withhold information. Just because it was rescinded does not make it any less serious.

And I voted for you because a statement such as "vote for me, bad things happen - don't vote, bad things happen - do nothing, bad things happen - nk me, bad things happen" - while maybe said in "jest" Carries some serious "I dare you" vibes. Those sort of vibes are put out by scum.

Also, I liked your scumslip in accusing me of bandwagoning Eevee, then you, saying "He doesn't care which townie dies, as long as a townie dies " - Care to explain how you know Eevee is a townie?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 29, 2012, 12:08:59 pm »

I don't know anyone's alignment except my own. My statement was a characterization of you not of Eevee. You, being Mafia, do know that those wagons you are joining are town wagons. That is the characterization that I was communicating.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 29, 2012, 12:12:09 pm »

I don't know anyone's alignment except my own. My statement was a characterization of you not of Eevee. You, being Mafia, do know that those wagons you are joining are town wagons. That is the characterization that I was communicating.

... Yeah, not buying it.

Mafia Record:

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 29, 2012, 12:15:01 pm »

I'll happily be the sacrificial lamb so that you 2 Mafia are outed. My role isn't that great so Town will do fine to lose me D1. You reek so bad of Mafia it's obnoxious but I understand how hard it is for most to see. Carry on with the smoke screening.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.