Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157266 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1350 on: January 09, 2014, 05:49:02 pm »

I don't see why 2.7's claim is necessarily odd, or before it.  He wanted to make sure he had a contradiction, and came forward when what Walrus said he did and what 2.7 saw didn't match up.

Coming forward also makes sense.. and trying to stop the mass-claim early is towny, I think.  If the point of mass-claiming is to try and catch scum, and he thinks he's caught scum.. why keep going on?  Wouldn't scum want to wait for their turn to gather more information?

I'm just surprised to see 2.7's claim not getting the kind of scrutiny that all of the other claims have gotten.  As for my not feeling good about it, I guess I should keep that to myself until I have more to go on.

Well, we're planning to massclaim.  I'm going to wait until everything's out there, if it's going to be, because analyzing an incomplete picture isn't necessarily helpful.

My impression has been that you are accepting 2.7's claim on its face and have decided that you see it and him as towny, not that you are withholding judgment until the end.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 09, 2014, 05:49:40 pm »

I believe you can.  Ninja has to do with how the kill is detected (it isn't..), but roleblocking stops the kill from happening.

the wiki is down, so we'll have to wait to find out more.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 09, 2014, 05:52:10 pm »

I don't see why 2.7's claim is necessarily odd, or before it.  He wanted to make sure he had a contradiction, and came forward when what Walrus said he did and what 2.7 saw didn't match up.

Coming forward also makes sense.. and trying to stop the mass-claim early is towny, I think.  If the point of mass-claiming is to try and catch scum, and he thinks he's caught scum.. why keep going on?  Wouldn't scum want to wait for their turn to gather more information?

I'm just surprised to see 2.7's claim not getting the kind of scrutiny that all of the other claims have gotten.  As for my not feeling good about it, I guess I should keep that to myself until I have more to go on.

Well, we're planning to massclaim.  I'm going to wait until everything's out there, if it's going to be, because analyzing an incomplete picture isn't necessarily helpful.

My impression has been that you are accepting 2.7's claim on its face and have decided that you see it and him as towny, not that you are withholding judgment until the end.

I do think he's telling the truth, yes.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 09, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »

Ok, each person should say a "yes" or a "no" about whether they have reason to believe an N1 action of theirs was roleblocked or if they tried to roleblock either pps or Walrus.
No, I do not think that my action was affected in any way

Does anyone feel that their role is comparable to Jotheonah's in terms not having much to do, and getting information that would probably only be helpful in a limited number of circumstances?
If an action role such as follower fits into that category, then yes, my role is not that exciting
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 09, 2014, 06:34:12 pm »

Ok, each person should say a "yes" or a "no" about whether they have reason to believe an N1 action of theirs was roleblocked or if they tried to roleblock either pps or Walrus.  Please just yes or no for now.

No. 
Does anyone feel that their role is comparable to Jotheonah's in terms not having much to do, and getting information that would probably only be helpful in a limited number of circumstances?    I ask this because there is such a disparity between his and Walrus's roles, and I'm surprised to see an RMM role without more stuff to do.  ONLY ANSWER IF YOU ARE SAYING YES and DON"T LIE AS TOWN.  It might seem like clever subterfuge to seem to have a minor role, but it really won't help in the long run.

Yes to an extent and I should also say from a mod point of view that such a disparity is completely within the bounds of game creation. RMM is everyone gets a role, not everyone gets the most super awesome role ever... I am not perturbed by joth's role being small or by walrus's being extravagant... I think going down that road is a blind alley.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 09, 2014, 06:36:05 pm »

Here's a question - can ninja kills be roleblocked?

Yes, they can. The ninja equivalent for roleblocking is Strongman--which cannot be blocked.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 09, 2014, 06:56:25 pm »

It's a weak role. But in an ternate universe, it could have cleared sudgy. So it's not useless.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 09, 2014, 07:50:04 pm »

ok, a couple people have said yes, so no one else needs to answer the joth question.  Please do answer the roleblock question.  So far, we have a yes from xeiron and no's from nkirbit, 2.7 and yuma.  Still need to hear from Jimmmmm, faust, jotheonah and ... ashersky. 

joth I didn't mean your role was useless, it just didn't make sense to ask does anyone have a really powerful role like Walrus.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 09, 2014, 08:23:36 pm »

Sorry, crazy busy.  Trying to read along.

No reason to think I was roleblocked.  Is that the question?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:01 pm »

I got a result on sudgy. So I wasn't roleblocked.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 09, 2014, 10:24:02 pm »

after we hear yes or no from Jimmmmm and faust, xeiron should explain why he said yes.

also, remember the question is both were you possibly roleblocked and/or did you roleblock anyone.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 09, 2014, 10:27:51 pm »

I also should expand the question to include N2, since pps might have traveled to the future on N1.  So answer yes if you think you were roleblocked or you tried to roleblock someone on N2 as well as N1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 09, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »

Ok, each person should say a "yes" or a "no" about whether they have reason to believe an N1 action of theirs was roleblocked or if they tried to roleblock either pps or Walrus.  Please just yes or no for now.

No. 

I also should expand the question to include N2, since pps might have traveled to the future on N1.  So answer yes if you think you were roleblocked or you tried to roleblock someone on N2 as well as N1.

if we expand the question to someone, as in anyone in the game, then my answer kinda changes.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 09, 2014, 10:47:01 pm »

I actually roleblocked someone outside of the game. I traveled all the way back to Mafia IV and roleblocked Robz. It didn't do anything fortunately, as it could have had some drastic effects on the timeline.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 09, 2014, 10:47:45 pm »

I actually roleblocked someone outside of the game. I traveled all the way back to Mafia IV and roleblocked Robz. It didn't do anything fortunately, as it could have had some drastic effects on the timeline.

Now I have to go and reread Mafia IV......great....
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: January 09, 2014, 11:44:20 pm »

I can dig the mass claim, but maybe someone would like to hold back their modifier so I can still clear my name?

I could potentially do this. I am checking with voltaire on something first...

Because it could also potentially show you that I am unlikely to be scum, as my modifier is one that I think scum is unlikely to have--and was actually something that I was unlikely to claim regardless

voltaire got back to me.... soyeah, i can do this if efhw approves of it

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 10, 2014, 12:10:44 am »

Is there a particular reason you wanted to do it, Yuma?  Or are you just volunteering?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 10, 2014, 02:05:54 am »

Ok, each person should say a "yes" or a "no" about whether they have reason to believe an N1 action of theirs was roleblocked or if they tried to roleblock either pps or Walrus.

No.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 10, 2014, 04:56:19 am »

It's fine with me to check re: PPS role-blocking, but I don't see how anyone would know if PPS in particular role-blocked them. 

Ok, each person should say a "yes" or a "no" about whether they have reason to believe an N1 action of theirs was roleblocked or if they tried to roleblock either pps or Walrus.  Please just yes or no for now.  Don't say anything else.  I promise you will get your turn.  It may seem unnecessary, but one aim of my delaying claims has been to leave scum completely in the dark about who our investigative and protective roles are, if any, and we may decide to continue that if we get enough info for today. 

First question: yes. Second question: no.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 10, 2014, 04:58:13 am »

I was not roleblocked N2. I did not roleblock N2.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 10, 2014, 05:01:03 am »

I have a question towards ashersky that I think has not come up yet (and I think everyone should consider this): You claimed to enable regeneration. PPS has flipped Enabled, but not Regenerating. What do you say about that?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 10, 2014, 05:04:24 am »

I can dig the mass claim, but maybe someone would like to hold back their modifier so I can still clear my name?

Because it could also potentially show you that I am unlikely to be scum, as my modifier is one that I think scum is unlikely to have--and was actually something that I was unlikely to claim regardless

You realize that if we do this like the plan is here (everyone but yuma full-claims), then you are going to be NK target tonight almost certainly? If we want jotheonah to confirm the modifier of one of us, I think at least two people should refrain from claiming their modifiers.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 10, 2014, 05:12:09 am »

after we hear yes or no from Jimmmmm and faust, xeiron should explain why he said yes.

also, remember the question is both were you possibly roleblocked and/or did you roleblock anyone.

I would prefer to claim near the end.
What I can say is that I have QT with somone.
I have fullclaimed there, and that person can confirm that I do not change my claim based other claims.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 10, 2014, 05:15:59 am »

You realize that if we do this like the plan is here (everyone but yuma full-claims), then you are going to be NK target tonight almost certainly? If we want jotheonah to confirm the modifier of one of us, I think at least two people should refrain from claiming their modifiers.
This would not help much if jotheonah is scum. He could still nk one of them and say thats who he targeted.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 10, 2014, 05:21:15 am »

This would not help much if jotheonah is scum. He could still nk one of them and say thats who he targeted.

Correct. But this is something we cannot prevent. My concern is that jotheonah is town, and by this plan, scum knows his target. So they have all kinds of ways to manipulate, from simply killing the target to redirecting and so on. So we will probably not be able to confirm jotheonah's role.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 17 queries.