Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157263 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1275 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:16 am »

No deaths!  We're in great shape.  I think some claiming could help us make the most of N3. 

First, I want Walrus to tell us what he did last night.

I'm down with claiming.

No deaths now doesn't necessarily mean scum didn't/were prevented from killing last night.. Could be a kill coming on a future night.

Now, thinking about n1 results... Do we have anyone claiming to have stopped a kill anymore?  Or is sudgy being nked by ninja pps a likely result, especially since he asked about trackers?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 09, 2014, 11:47:13 am »

Well if pps did kill sudgy N1, then something must have prevented me from blocking him, or somebody else shot him too, or something.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 09, 2014, 11:58:37 am »

or sudgy died from targeting Walrus.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 09, 2014, 12:06:41 pm »

I left out that possibility because it's obviously wrong, from my perspective. That's part of the reason I wanted to try to resurrect sudgy, so he might clear my good name!
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 09, 2014, 12:17:18 pm »

So the way I see it, with two scum down, we're either looking for one more scum, one more scum and an SK, or (if this is multiball) another whole team.

But the lack of nightkills (which is crazy, btw) seems to make multiball very unlikely.

So I imagine we have one more scum out there, and he was partners with pps and Archetype. SHouldn't be too hard to find.

I can dig the mass claim, but maybe someone would like to hold back their modifier so I can still clear my name?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 09, 2014, 12:24:21 pm »

No deaths now doesn't necessarily mean scum didn't/were prevented from killing last night.. Could be a kill coming on a future night.

Is that smart for a scum to do though? When there might not BE any more nights?

He/him

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 09, 2014, 12:35:52 pm »

Is that smart for a scum to do though? When there might not BE any more nights?

I don't see why not.  Scum's goal isn't to lose by the least number possible.. it's to win.  If scum's going to win, there's going to be another night, multiple more nights assuredly, so there's little risk in putting off kills.  If they don't happen, they weren't going to win anyway.

There are two opposing sides.. keeping more players alive means more potential mislynches, but there's also a risk of mislynching a player who scum had already marked for death, "Wasting" a mislynch.  I dunno.  They might or they might not, but it's certainly not out of the question that us not seeing a NK just indicates that there wasn't one last night.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 09, 2014, 12:40:34 pm »

Thanks Walrus.  Now I'd like Jotheonah to tell us if he has an alternate night power in addition to the modifier cop, and if so what did he do last night.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 09, 2014, 12:44:49 pm »

nkirbit, did you hear from me N1 or N2?  If either, then which?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 09, 2014, 12:47:21 pm »

On n1 I got whisked to n2

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 09, 2014, 12:51:36 pm »

So PPS was a ninja roleblocker.  (and a time traveler)

What do you guys think about the possibility that PPS traveled in time N1 to ninja kill someone or something like that?  That would explain why there are so few NKs
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 09, 2014, 12:57:43 pm »

I can dig the mass claim, but maybe someone would like to hold back their modifier so I can still clear my name?

I could potentially do this. I am checking with voltaire on something first...

Because it could also potentially show you that I am unlikely to be scum, as my modifier is one that I think scum is unlikely to have--and was actually something that I was unlikely to claim regardless

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 09, 2014, 12:58:40 pm »

It's certainly possible.

A mass claim will help us puzzle out a lot with regards to what could have happened.  Hopefully, anyway.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 09, 2014, 12:58:55 pm »

So PPS was a ninja roleblocker.  (and a time traveler)

What do you guys think about the possibility that PPS traveled in time N1 to ninja kill someone or something like that?  That would explain why there are so few NKs

This would also explain why Walrus' roleblock did not work.  There could be other explanations as well.  Walrus do you think this could be why your roleblock didn't work?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 09, 2014, 01:11:56 pm »

Could be. I realized that blocking the time-traveling scum would be a risk, as he might not actually have been there. But I still thought it was better than my other options.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: January 09, 2014, 01:17:24 pm »

Up to efhw, but I think we should have Joth claim who he targeted last night, that person claim, then Joth confirm or deny the modifier.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 09, 2014, 01:24:21 pm »

I've claimed my entire role. I did nothing last night, could do nothing.

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 09, 2014, 01:31:35 pm »

Could be. I realized that blocking the time-traveling scum would be a risk, as he might not actually have been there. But I still thought it was better than my other options.

Ok.  I just wanted to see what you thought before I vote: Walrus

Reasons:
1) The sudgy result

2) Part of my ability is that I am a 1-shot follower.  I followed Walrus on N1, and he did nothing.  Mod confirmation tells me that if any new actions were to take place (like a time traveler goes back in time to do something) I would receive a new notification about that event.  I received no such updates concerning Walrus' N1 activities.

So my choices are 1) PPS roleblocked Walrus N1 (meaning PPS did not travel that night) or 2) Walrus is scum.

His "I went back and time traveled to target the bad guy" is a scum ploy for town cred in my opinion.  I was one of the biggest town!Walrus people early, but given my negative result concerning Walrus I am convinced he is scum.  The only town narrative for him at this point is that PPS roleblocked him for N1 on N1 (not time-travelling) and I do not trust that.  At all.  It is entirely plausible because PPS was a roleblocker and if anyone has any way to confirm what action PPS took N1 we need that information because that is the only thing that could possibly clear Walrus.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 09, 2014, 01:40:26 pm »

Ok.  I just wanted to see what you thought before I vote: Walrus

Reasons:
1) The sudgy result

2) Part of my ability is that I am a 1-shot follower.  I followed Walrus on N1, and he did nothing.  Mod confirmation tells me that if any new actions were to take place (like a time traveler goes back in time to do something) I would receive a new notification about that event.  I received no such updates concerning Walrus' N1 activities.

So my choices are 1) PPS roleblocked Walrus N1 (meaning PPS did not travel that night) or 2) Walrus is scum.

His "I went back and time traveled to target the bad guy" is a scum ploy for town cred in my opinion.  I was one of the biggest town!Walrus people early, but given my negative result concerning Walrus I am convinced he is scum.  The only town narrative for him at this point is that PPS roleblocked him for N1 on N1 (not time-travelling) and I do not trust that.  At all.  It is entirely plausible because PPS was a roleblocker and if anyone has any way to confirm what action PPS took N1 we need that information because that is the only thing that could possibly clear Walrus.

This is a strong result against Walrus, but there is no rush to claim.
It would be better if you had waited for your turn.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 09, 2014, 01:42:19 pm »

Well then.

vote: e

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 09, 2014, 01:44:23 pm »

It would be better if you had waited for your turn.

yeah, well I got excited that I actually had a result that meant something after Walrus claimed to travel back and do something on N1.  I could have waited my turn in a mass claim, but I wanted attention to be brought to this now.  Also, we may want to delay a mass claim until this is cleared up

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 09, 2014, 01:51:15 pm »

Chairs, are you still with us?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 09, 2014, 01:53:56 pm »

Certainly looks bad for Walrus.

Just to make sure:

Voltaire, is what 2.7 saying true?  If a hypothetical follower were to follow a player n1, and that player later traveled back to N1 and performed an action, the follower would receive an update with that player's action?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 09, 2014, 02:02:01 pm »

Voltaire, is what 2.7 saying true?  If a hypothetical follower were to follow a player n1, and that player later traveled back to N1 and performed an action, the follower would receive an update with that player's action?

Correct. From the Setup Post:

At the end of each night, all nights in the “past” will be re-evaluated and the game state will be adjusted to account for these actions, beginning with N0. This may include, but not be limited to, players returning from the dead, dying on nights they previously lived through, receiving a different result for a previously submitted action, etc.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 09, 2014, 02:03:14 pm »

I just double checked my sent PMs and I definitely traveled back to N1, and roleblocked pingpongsam.

This doesn't make sense to me though. If e is scum, why would he put himself in such an exposed position, particularly with his partners rotting? Desperation? Seems like a really dumb thing to do...after my flip, you would lynch him immediately I think, and they would lose. On the other hand, I can't imagine why he would do this as town, unless he is mistaken, or there is some other confounding factor.

So I'll keep my vote, but I think there's probably something more at play here. Hopefully further claims will shed some light on the situation.

Also, roleblocking does not prevent time travel, in case there was some confusion there. That was one of the first things I asked Voltaire when I received my role PM.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 16 queries.