Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157366 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #800 on: January 02, 2014, 01:52:03 pm »

You don't have to answer that actually. I targeted sudgy with an investigative power. Did not learn anything that wasn't revealed in the flip. But I hadn't considered that someone might be watching me.

My rationale was that it would be useful if sudgy DID survive the night.

What kind of investigative power was that?

Well, at that point I'm full claiming. SHould I just full claim? I AM at L-2.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 02, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

Okay, now I am practically certain Jotheonah is scum.

What I know is that I am a one-shot regenerating protector. And I specifically protect the doctor. What this means is that should a kill attempt be made on the doctor at night I catch the first bullet and live. Any additional attacks on the doctor will succeed in killing him not me. I am notified of the attempted kill. My power regenerates during the day so it is available on the next night. Obviously time-travel antics could mess with this royally but here is what I know for certain:

sudgy died last night. sudgy claims to have targeted walrus. sudgy died and flipped Town doctor so I should believe all of that.
someone attempted to kill sudgy (or "the doctor", I don't know the identity of "the doctor") and that attempt failed because my power prevented it.
so, either sudgy targeted scum and mafia tried to kill him or sudgy targeted Town and 2 hits were made on sudgy (implying an SK). There are some other possibilities but these two are the most likely and Jotheonah's claim of having targeted sudgy to explain away why I might have witnessed him targeting sudgy (when that wasn't the case but he thought it was before this post) suggests he made the kill attempt on sudgy.

caveat: my role description does not identify "the doctor" so I don't know if sudgy strictly qualified as "the doctor". It is possible my power applies to anyone with doctor in their role. hell, it may only apply to EFHW.

Why did Jotheonah never tell us he witnessed sudgy's target action last night? I specifically put the subtle question out there at the start of today in the context of discussion so that a claim wouldn't have to be made to explain that maybe he did what he said he did.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 02, 2014, 02:07:56 pm »

pps let me get this right:

someone targets "The Doctor"  (was it capitalized in your PM or lowercase? That may tell us something about whether it is multiple doctors or only the one) and you take the bullet, but don't die

Someone targets "The Doctor" the next night and you take the bullet and die (or did your power regenerate and you don't die again?  This is what I am confused about)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 02, 2014, 02:11:48 pm »

Correct. There is a little bit more information about my role that it is in the best interest of Town to keep quiet right now. It specifically has to do with when my power would fail to work, which if it failed I would not get a notification that my power had successfully prevented a kill attempt. If it fails to work I do die.

"the doctor" is lower case in the role description. The quotes I added for the sake of clarity.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 02, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »

Ah, sorry just reread the question. I will survive the first bullet strike each night so long as the power is in effect. Should my power not be in effect I will still catch the first bullet but I will die from it. By power is passive, I do not have to target or otherwise take action to make it happen. I get notified when my power successfully prevents a kill attempt on "the doctor".

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 02, 2014, 02:18:03 pm »

I'm not sure why this implicates me.

I'm a [other irrelevant modifier] modifier cop. All I can find out about someone is their modifier -- not their alignment, not their role. It strikes me as the weakest of cop powers. BUT when Sudgy claimed "weak" I realized it was the best use I was going to get out of my power. If sudgy survived the night, I'd clear two townies. If he didn't, well I'd be useless.

I didn't claim this before because it's not helpful to town, of course. I'm pretty sure PPS's results don't implicate me in any way -- they just say that someone tried to kill sudgy.

But if the doctor refers to the character of The Doctor, than it doesn't refer to sudgy, right?

PPS's claim seems awfully wild and weird for scum!PPS to make up though. I'm a little less convinced he's the right lynch here.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 02, 2014, 02:19:45 pm »

pps, what does this mean for what you think about Walrus?  Your ability protects "the doctor" and Sudgy was a doctor.  I tend to think that your power does not protect all doctors, just The Doctor, which would mean scum could have targeted him and succeeded without any notice to you.  However, if scum did not target Sudgy and he died because he targeted Walrus....well that would mean Walrus must be scum
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 02, 2014, 02:20:08 pm »

I agree with Joth that I don't see how it implicates him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 02, 2014, 02:24:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure PPS's results don't implicate me in any way -- they just say that someone tried to kill sudgy.

My contention is that if you targeted sudgy for the kill then you'd need to make this sort of claim to explain away why you were seen targeting sudgy which was precisely your assumption prior to my claim.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 02, 2014, 02:24:23 pm »

Ok, so let me get this right.  If TWO people target "the doctor" on the same night to kill him (say vig and scum) then the doctor will die.  If pps is roleblocked and someone targets "the doctor" to kill him, then "the doctor" will die.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: January 02, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »

pps, what does this mean for what you think about Walrus?  Your ability protects "the doctor" and Sudgy was a doctor.  I tend to think that your power does not protect all doctors, just The Doctor, which would mean scum could have targeted him and succeeded without any notice to you.  However, if scum did not target Sudgy and he died because he targeted Walrus....well that would mean Walrus must be scum

After we got the results at the start of D2 I got confirmation that my power pertains to actual targeted kill attempts and would not protect "the doctor" from his own actions such as sudgy targeting scum.

Thus, this is why I remain neutral on the walrus thing. sudgy very well could have died from targeting walrus and also had a kill attempt made on him. And there is the possibility my notification is not relevant to sudgy at all.

I was very hesitant to come forth with this information precisely because it is so ambiguous about last night's happenings. However I felt it necessary with a wagon building on me since I am the easy mislynch because of where I stood on archetype yesterday and then with Jotheonah appearing ever more scummy and finally his claim to explain why he targeted sudgy.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 02, 2014, 02:32:41 pm »

Ok, so let me get this right.  If TWO people target "the doctor" on the same night to kill him (say vig and scum) then the doctor will die.  If pps is roleblocked and someone targets "the doctor" to kill him, then "the doctor" will die.

Yes, and a third condition that my power would not be in effect then a single strike at the doctor will kill me while 2 strikes would kill me first and then "the doctor".

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 02, 2014, 02:33:39 pm »

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:51 pm »

a wagon building on me

2 votes.

Damn, you're right, I had it in my head I was at 3 votes.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 02, 2014, 02:38:44 pm »

On reread I interpreted my bolded name in EFHW's analysis to be the 1st vote.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 02, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

pps you said your power was one-shot and then you said it regenerates to be used the next night.  Which is it?

I'm working on a reread of Joth, so no one hammer.

Was all this claiming really necessary?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 02, 2014, 02:41:21 pm »

FWIW, my pm had lower case had doctor in uppercase.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 02, 2014, 02:42:06 pm »

FWIW, my pm had lower case had doctor in uppercase.

I mean, lower case "the", uppercase doctor.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 02, 2014, 02:42:45 pm »

Was all this claiming really necessary?

oh probably not. But as soon as I realized that someone could have seen me target sudgy, I thought I should get ahead of the accusation with the truth. I had been teetering on the edge of claiming for a while.

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 02, 2014, 02:43:37 pm »

It's "one-shot" for the night. The role description doesn't actually use the terminology "one-shot". There is a short description that states I protect the doctor from the first kill attempt against him each night. The actual power is called "Regenerating Protector".

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 02, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »

This is interesting developement.

I am inclined to believe Pingpongsam in his claim.
What we do not know is whether 'the Doctor' is refering to EFHW or Sudgy.

If 'the doctor' is Sudgy, this claim pretty much much confirmes that sudgy died of targeting scum, not of a NK.
Archetype was a bus driver, and since two scum bus drivers is unlikely, we can be almost certain that Sudgy did in fact target Walrus.
This makes it very probable that Walrus is scum.

If 'The Doctor' is EFHW. There is less evidence against Walrus as he could have been nightkilled. We got one more possible explanation of a eventual missing kill, so Walrus is a little worse off, but not by much.

I also think it is cery curious that Jotheonah claimed to have targeted Sudgy as soon as he thought someone might have watched him. It is obviously true that he targeted Sudgy, but if he did with a NK, or with the role he claimed is not so obvious.
I think the best we can do about Jotheonah is to leave him alive, and have him confirm his role N2.
Have him targeting me (or any other person, EFHW can deciede). If he guesses my modifier correctly, he probably speaks true. If not he is a liar.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 02, 2014, 03:16:28 pm »

If 'the doctor' is Sudgy, this claim pretty much much confirmes that sudgy died of targeting scum, not of a NK.
Archetype was a bus driver, and since two scum bus drivers is unlikely, we can be almost certain that Sudgy did in fact target Walrus.

If 'The Doctor' is EFHW. There is less evidence against Walrus as he could have been nightkilled. We got one more possible explanation of a eventual missing kill, so Walrus is a little worse off, but not by much.

I also think it is cery curious that Jotheonah claimed to have targeted Sudgy as soon as he thought someone might have watched him. It is obviously true that he targeted Sudgy, but if he did with a NK, or with the role he claimed is not so obvious.
I think the best we can do about Jotheonah is to leave him alive, and have him confirm his role N2.
Have him targeting me (or any other person, EFHW can deciede). If he guesses my modifier correctly, he probably speaks true. If not he is a liar.

that won't work. because of the other part of my role. I can only use my power non-consecutive nights.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 02, 2014, 03:16:47 pm »

woop, and now I've full claimed except for flavour

He/him

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 02, 2014, 03:24:24 pm »

that won't work. because of the other part of my role. I can only use my power non-consecutive nights.
You do seem scummier and scummier the way this is going.
So you are a non-consecutive modifier cop. Seems a little weak to me.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 02, 2014, 03:40:42 pm »

You do seem scummier and scummier the way this is going.
So you are a non-consecutive modifier cop. Seems a little weak to me.

no argument from me there. but at least the town won't be too screwed if you mislynch me. just promise you'll review my day 1 review posts if you do.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 19 queries.