Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157252 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2013, 06:54:31 pm »

Better unvote.

Don't know what to make of the claim yet. Never played with an enabler before. Also a few of you are new to me, and this setup is new to me. I will need to reread the setup and what is going on more carefully now that I have some more time. Just wanted to get my rvs vote of since so many people are voting archetype.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

Archetype has five votes plus 2.7 makes six, with no explanations from anyone?   This needs be remedied.  Where are the protests from everyone else?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2013, 07:48:45 pm »

...but if you say its likely a power held by Town, why wouldn't scum shoot you?

WIFOM.  Scum could have the power, technically, in specific cases.  I think on D2 we'll know for sure.
Fair enough. Unvote. I think that if ash does enable Town, he'll be dead tonight. If he lives then I guess he enables scum. Or scum thinks he enables scum. Or whatever. WIFOM. I'm willing to give him a pass for D1, but I'll be looking at him harder on D2.
This qoute sounds like scum planning to not NK Ashersky, thus lining up a D2 mislynch.

vote: Archetype

That is hugely speculative.  He didn't say anything ashersky hasn't already said himself.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:42 pm »

Ok, Jimmmmm was on Arch already and 2.7 says his vote was RVS.  Still ...

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2013, 07:55:20 pm »

vote count please!

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2013, 08:04:52 pm »

Holy christ.

First off, in case Robz is in the game,  8) 8) 8).

I'm really intrigued by the enabler claim.  I think it will prove, due to the (likely?) existence of a time travel mechanic, to have been a good idea.

Mentioning claims, in case somebody can prevent this, I will become a Tree Stump at the beginning of D2.  I don't know if that will be mod-confirmed, but as I won't be able to vote as a Tree Stump it could presumably be tested that way (and I won't count as a living player).

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »

Man, I just don't get either of these claims.  They both seem to give more info to scum than we should be giving them.

(Hey!  I'm a town enabler!  Shoot me!)

(Hey!  Starting day2 I won't do anything!  Better not waste your kill on me night 1!)

I mean, it's definitely possible that there's more than meets the eye in both claims, but on the surface they just look like giving scum too much info without really helping town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2013, 08:19:45 pm »

Man, I just don't get either of these claims.  They both seem to give more info to scum than we should be giving them.

(Hey!  Starting day2 I won't do anything!  Better not waste your kill on me night 1!)

I mean, it's definitely possible that there's more than meets the eye in both claims, but on the surface they just look like giving scum too much info without really helping town.

Or you are just looking at it from a scum perspective because you are scum, and just trying to complain to seem towny.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2013, 08:22:40 pm »

Or you are just looking at it from a scum perspective because you are scum, and just trying to complain to seem towny.

I agree with nkirbit. I don't see a reason why either claim helps Town more than scum.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2013, 08:44:01 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

sudgy (1): ashersky
ashersky (1): jotheonah
Archetype (4): Jimmmmm, faust, xeiron, sudgy

Not voting (8): 2.7..., Archetype, chairs, EFHW, Galzria, nkirbit, pingpongsam, Walrus

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

D1 ends on Friday, December 27 at 530 PM forum time (two days added due to the original deadline falling on Christmas)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2013, 08:46:23 pm »

vote: xeiron Who can guess why?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:34 pm »

I agree with nkirbit. I don't see a reason why either claim helps Town more than scum.
I agree that ashersky's claim is scummy. Chairs gives me more of a null read. It's easily confirmable, while ashersky's isn't.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2013, 08:57:41 pm »

I can promise that I thought long and hard during N0 about the potential of claiming D1 and see it as ultimately a pro-Town move.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2013, 08:58:49 pm »

I've contemplated the ash claim in light of EFHW's comments and with the additional consideration of ashersky's latest rationalization and I think he's a decent D1 lynch regardless of his alignment unless one of our time traveling power roles is truly enabled by him at which point it's terrible.

The racing Archetype wagon, however, should present a better profile of scum activity.

I thought the hopping was more suspicious but then EFHW gets a pass and 2.718 seems to just be clearing his obvious RVS in light of a real wagon forming.

So, Jo, why are you picking xeiron out of the remainders?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2013, 09:11:51 pm »

I can promise that I thought long and hard during N0 about the potential of claiming D1 and see it as ultimately a pro-Town move.
If Town, I think it was the right move. But could still be a decisive one as scum. EFHW (or ashersky at this point) is a likely NK target, so I disagree about it "lowering scum's NK choices". I'm not sure I'm willing to give you a free pass for today though.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2013, 09:16:47 pm »

If Town, I think it was the right move. But could still be a decisive one as scum. EFHW (or ashersky at this point) is a likely NK target, so I disagree about it "lowering scum's NK choices". I'm not sure I'm willing to give you a free pass for today though.

I've read it back and forth and I'm not seeing where you pulled that quote from.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2013, 09:34:45 pm »

I've read it back and forth and I'm not seeing where you pulled that quote from.
Nkirbit's "Don't shoot me tonight!"

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2013, 09:45:03 pm »

I agree that ashersky's claim is scummy. Chairs gives me more of a null read. It's easily confirmable, while ashersky's isn't.

I never said that I found Ash's claim to be scummy.  In fact, Ash is probably my strongest town read at this point.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2013, 09:46:34 pm »

I think it comes from the idea that his claim helps scum POE who to kill at night.  The thinking is they wouldn't kill the tree stump, because there are probably better options out there.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2013, 11:15:21 pm »

I voted ashersky. The archetype wagon, which has scum written all over it, sprung up almost immediately thereafter. Xeiron started it, with the flimsiest of reasons.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2013, 11:29:42 pm »

Ok.  I don't know what to do with a tree stump.  I mean, I could try to dig it up and use the wood to make something that I could sit on.  Or I could just sit on the stump as if it were the kind of thing that you are supposed to sit on. But chairs seems like a nice enough guy so no need to preemptively dig up the tree that is about to become a chairstump (unless someone or something saves it. If that is even possible) 

About Ashersky.  Assume he is an enabler
If he is Town that enables....
  Town.  Scum will want to kill him ASAP.  He does nothing for them
  Scum.  Scum will want to keep him alive for a while. 
  Town and Scum. Interesting if this is the case.  I don't think this possibility has been brought up yet.  Maybe because I am new to this whole enabler role is the only reason I think it might be able to work like this

If he is Scum that enables....
  Town.  Odd situation for scum to be in.  Especially if he enables a powerful town PR.  Would they throw him out there super early to see the general reaction and if he gets lynched town loses that PR?  If he doesn't then scum stays alive?  I can concieve of a situation where scum could easily push for the lynch of their fellow scum partner if he does enable a powerful town member.
  Scum.  Really bad claim for scum in this case.  they would have discussed possible claiming and shot this down I am pretty sure.  But this is Ashersky we are talking about.
  Town and Scum.  Interesting again.  And again, I don't think he would claim.

What Ash himself says:
I'm claiming now for a reason.  I'm positive, from my role description, that I enabled more than one person.  I know what power I enable.  I believe that you don't know that you are enabled.
From my PM (specifically the power I enable), it's much more likely I'm enabling town.  I can come up with scenarios where I might enable scum as well
Just the way the PM is worded, and the fact that I think I'm enabling more than one player.  I just don't see this as a "you are an enabled [power]" type of power.

I'm sure someone could prove this one way or the other, but I don't want to actually out the power itself, or the players holding it, as that would not be good.
I think as soon as D2, we'll have a good idea (at least I will) of whether we need to rid the game of the power I enable instead of protecting it.
Big differences here:

--I know what I enable, and I can surmise its usage, and the likelihood that it is a power held by town.
--My PM is ambiguous enough to make me pretty sure more than one other player is enabled by me.
--My PM leads me to believe that enabled players are not informed that they are enabled.
I still don't understand why we need to know all this. Surely claiming that you enable Town makes you a target for scum?

Well, yes.  Then again, if they think they'll lose something they need by killing me, they might think twice.

Or, you know, I could be saved.  Or someone goes back in time and brings me back to life.  There are a lot of options here, and I think it's not going to help town for you to force it all out into the open.
...but if you say its likely a power held by Town, why wouldn't scum shoot you?

WIFOM.  Scum could have the power, technically, in specific cases.  I think on D2 we'll know for sure.

So Ash basically says
- I enable multiple people
- Probably town, possibly scum (both? I doubt it but I like the intrigue associated with the idea)

Ash really sounds like he wants people to think he enables town while keeping a backdoor open for scum.  Actually, it is really interesting because he makes it sound as if he actually enables a somewhat powerful role.  All the hints about knowing stuff definitively D2 make is sound like it could be a something big.

Just thinking aloud mostly this post because I have been pretty quiet and need to share my thoughts rather than be all selfish about it.  I mean, the doctor is all about serving and helping other people, and we should all be more helpful because of it.  All that to say I do not think I will be supporting an Ashersky lynch D1.  I want to at least see what sort of stuff he has to say for himself tomorrow (if he lives that long)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2013, 11:36:53 pm »

I like nothing about Ash's claim. If you're going to claim D1, you'd better have a cogent, well-argued case for it being pro-town. He doesn't.

I would be ok with lynching him D1, but I also see the case for waiting a bit.

If he is scum, xeiron is his partner. He did the chainsaw thingy. I think, might be wrong on the lingo, it's been a while, but he started the Archetype wagon to distract from my ashersky vote.

Those are the lynches I support right now.

He/him

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2013, 11:44:34 pm »

I like nothing about Ash's claim. If you're going to claim D1, you'd better have a cogent, well-argued case for it being pro-town. He doesn't.

I would be ok with lynching him D1, but I also see the case for waiting a bit.

If he is scum, xeiron is his partner. He did the chainsaw thingy. I think, might be wrong on the lingo, it's been a while, but he started the Archetype wagon to distract from my ashersky vote.

Those are the lynches I support right now.
I'll vote:xeiron. Same reasons as Jo, mainly. He was quick to accuse. If ash is scum, xeiron would not be the most likely partner. His defense of ash was a little too obvious.
Townreads: 2.7, jotheonah
Scummy: xeiron, ashersky
Null: everyone else

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2013, 11:50:10 pm »

All of my votes so far have been jokey, but my Vote: xeiron for the same reasons as others isn't.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2013, 12:09:51 am »

I think I believe the stump!claim, just because it's so ridiculous it seems like it's gotta be true. I mean why would you claim that as scum? And it will be verified by tomorrow apparently, so we can check experimentally.

Just did a quick reread, and the one who jumps out as scummiest to me is vote: sudgy. First of all, that boomtown Archetype wagon seemed to me like it possibly had scum on it. Second of all, every post this game sudgy has been reminding us about when and when he's not joking. Maybe he does that normally to some extent. But it just seems very forced here: HAHA I'm voting for the IC...no HAHA don't vote for me it was just a joke...all my other posts were jokes but not this one HAHA!

I'll post reads on other folks later.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.