Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226017 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #1000 on: April 17, 2020, 10:59:19 pm »

I'm planning to look at Day 1 voting tomorrow.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 17, 2020, 11:27:32 pm »

Also, we have WCD posting owls, shraeye and Uncle throwing jokes around like they are going out of style....what kind of game is this?

The best kind! Seriously, stir crazy and anxious. The owl was totally appropriate.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 18, 2020, 12:57:55 am »

I would consider a Shraeye lynch. He's been skating by with jokes instead of posting contributions.
That is whatever the opposite of fact is.

also
unvote

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 18, 2020, 03:30:47 am »

@cayvie, ok by your definition vig isn't a problem for town. I'm less of a fan.
Well, a vig is definitely an asset for town; if it weren't vigs, could just decide to never shoot.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 18, 2020, 03:31:53 am »

I would consider a Shraeye lynch. He's been skating by with jokes instead of posting contributions.

also
unvote
I mean, you have been kind of disappointing. And an unvote isn't helping. Unvotes are the worst.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 18, 2020, 03:41:30 am »

Do we have any reason to belive that there would be a concentration of aliens in the skum alignment? or are we thinking it is spread out marginally? I am not a huge follower of the show, I just watched the beginning in which most the aliens were baddies, but obv that is not the case.

Can there be Human Baddies? Can there be like *a lot* of Alien Town? does anyone know?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 18, 2020, 04:24:35 am »

Do we have any reason to belive that there would be a concentration of aliens in the skum alignment? or are we thinking it is spread out marginally? I am not a huge follower of the show, I just watched the beginning in which most the aliens were baddies, but obv that is not the case.

Can there be Human Baddies? Can there be like *a lot* of Alien Town? does anyone know?
I didn't watch the show, but from what I understood this is a continuation of the first game, and in that one we defeated the main alien baddies, so they wouldn't be around anymore, and the other aliens in the prior game were friendly IIRC.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 18, 2020, 06:40:15 am »

The aliens we have seen are both Volm, who were friendly.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 18, 2020, 10:32:17 am »

@Everyone not on Galzria: Could you explain why you have such a strong read on whoever you're voting for that you are willing to forgo a guaranteed non-town lynch in order to push it thorugh?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 18, 2020, 11:40:09 am »

@Everyone not on Galzria: Could you explain why you have such a strong read on whoever you're voting for that you are willing to forgo a guaranteed non-town lynch in order to push it thorugh?

A “non-town” lynch is not a “scum” lynch. Town already has 3 dead members. It’s likely to be 4, and possibly more, at day start tomorrow. Town needs a scum lynch far more than they need a “non-town” lynch. Lynching me helps bring the potential votes against scum down by at least two. With 12 alive, 7 to lynch, it’ll go down to 10 alive, 6 to lynch (assuming only one death). Given there’s likely a scum faction of 3 in the game - tomorrow’s lynch would require 6-of-7 “non-scum” (there may be other “non-town” players, like SK) to get a scum lynch through.

Lynching me now just puts Town in a worse spot than they are in today by taking away at least two votes that can be cast against scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 18, 2020, 11:48:22 am »

Alright, good point. My biggest scum read is Eddie.

Vote:Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 18, 2020, 12:17:34 pm »

Or rather vote: Eddie

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 18, 2020, 12:31:35 pm »

also
unvote
I mean, you have been kind of disappointing. And an unvote isn't helping. Unvotes are the worst.
Yeah, guilty on both counts.  Just "making jokes only" is not correct.  I'm looking for where to revote, but skip's clarification helped me trust mail-mi's opinion more.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 18, 2020, 02:20:15 pm »

A “non-town” lynch is not a “scum” lynch. Town already has 3 dead members. It’s likely to be 4, and possibly more, at day start tomorrow. Town needs a scum lynch far more than they need a “non-town” lynch. Lynching me helps bring the potential votes against scum down by at least two. With 12 alive, 7 to lynch, it’ll go down to 10 alive, 6 to lynch (assuming only one death). Given there’s likely a scum faction of 3 in the game - tomorrow’s lynch would require 6-of-7 “non-scum” (there may be other “non-town” players, like SK) to get a scum lynch through.

Lynching me now just puts Town in a worse spot than they are in today by taking away at least two votes that can be cast against scum.
True (modulo the fact where you could totally be scum), but a town lynch is a town lynch, and all those other votes seem so incredibly weak that they might very easily be on town. Or so it seems to me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 18, 2020, 02:24:49 pm »

Didds, what is your read on Swan?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 18, 2020, 02:48:07 pm »

Looking at voting patterns, I noticed that Skip is voting in sync with cayvie. He doesn't vote every time she does, but every time he votes it is soon after one of her votes and for the same person as she voted for. This happens three times, at 144, 332, and 627. (your post numbers may differ by one)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 18, 2020, 02:50:02 pm »

There is an exception at 751, when Skip votes Galzria, but cayvie was voting Skip at the time.

I've seen new scum do this before - they pick someone they think is towny and mimic their votes.

vote: Skip

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 18, 2020, 02:50:45 pm »

There is an exception at 751, when Skip votes Galzria, but cayvie was voting Skip at the time.

I've seen new scum do this before - they pick someone they think is towny and mimic their votes.

wrong vote.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 18, 2020, 02:59:56 pm »

wrong vote.

?? Oh, right. Your education. Notice that's another cayvie connection, though, since she was his intended target.

vote: Galzria

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 18, 2020, 03:07:21 pm »

True (modulo the fact where you could totally be scum), but a town lynch is a town lynch, and all those other votes seem so incredibly weak that they might very easily be on town. Or so it seems to me.

Who is scum other than Galz? Because you seem to be town reading this entire group.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 18, 2020, 03:31:21 pm »

Who is scum other than Galz? Because you seem to be town reading this entire group.
I don't really want to share that right now.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 18, 2020, 03:52:09 pm »

So my explanation has a lot to do more with I guess the reverse logic of your statement.
If we lynch galz... and he flips as he says... then the only look back we learn about from iso-ing players today is that there is "most likely a likelihood that aliens wanted galz dead". Like, it doesn't generate any info for us to use. And as we would be essentially accepting "a non town lynch" to play it safe to have a better chance later... I would kind of like to you know "actually have a better chance later".

Now obv the counter to this would be if you think Galz actually has a at least decent potential to flip over as skum... then ok I get it. What IS the range that you think galz can realistically flip here?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 18, 2020, 04:21:53 pm »

wrong vote.

?? Oh, right. Your education. Notice that's another cayvie connection, though, since she was his intended target.

vote: Galzria

You gotta help me connect some dots here, I just think I have quarantine brain or something, bc obv others get this line of thought but I am a little lost... How do we end up on Galz here?
First - Skip mimics Cayvie (ok, even though I don't agree, if that is your logic that is fine, I have def used worse lol)
Then - Skip votes Galz instead of Cayvie's target (bc he was Cayvie's target). K. if we are following the rabbit hole here, that still checks out.
Conclusion 1 - skip comes off skummy because they follow the "new skum" line on cayvie with the only exception being when Cayvie was voting for skip. Cool. Got it.

Then - MailMi insinuates that is not a good conclusion because of the "education" that they got from Skip. They previously have elaborated this is not a "coded message" it is like.. an actual thing of some sort. OK... so the important part, as you pointed out is that the original target was supposed to be cayvie. MailMi is suppper heavy on the education being something that is useful enough that it give town vibes off from skip to MailMi.
Option 1 - Skip is skum copy catting Cayvie. Attempts to make an alliance with Cayvie by providing them the Education.
Option 2 - Skip is skum. They are lying about target. They just wanted more chaos so when they claimed they through the re direct of gift in there just to  create another link to cayvie.
Option 3 - Skip is town. They did target cayvie because, as you say, their perception of cayvie is townie. It goes to MailMi instead. It is a good thing, as MailMi doesn't wanna lynch Skip.

That is kind of a lot to get a clarification question out here - but I want to be just super sure it is not mis-understood.

In the last quoted post, "skip votes for galz when cayvie was on skip" then "vote skip" then MailMi "wrong vote" then "you vote for galz".
Question - Are you insinuating that skip voting for galz in that spot makes galz skummy, or are you just returning to where you were before all this?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 18, 2020, 04:24:23 pm »

Also - Cayvie... why still EFHW? Is that still like a strong case in your opinion?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 18, 2020, 04:25:46 pm »

And I hate to ask today's IC, but Space do you have any outside input here?

Like are any of the talked about players *not* someone that you would consider for the day? I guess that is a better question then just asking who you think is skummy at this point.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.