Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143438 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2014, 05:30:56 pm »

I'm not seeing the lack of presence from Voltaire really. Seems normal.
He's definitely not the lowest poster, but he isn't pissing people off like he did in Modern Community.  His stances aren't as strong as they were there.

To be fair, we just started. I don't have good reads on most people yet...what exactly are you expecting from him?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2014, 05:39:28 pm »

I'm not seeing the lack of presence from Voltaire really. Seems normal.
He's definitely not the lowest poster, but he isn't pissing people off like he did in Modern Community.  His stances aren't as strong as they were there.

Everyone else must be nicer now.  :)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2014, 05:56:30 pm »

I have a plan.

Everyone states that "If I am a Night X cop, tonight I will target so-and-so".  Every Day.

This avoids the night claim, but creates plenty of WIFOM to help avoid scum targeting the "right" people.  Conversely, if we get some cop results, our cops will probably want to avoid claiming those results outright unless they catch scum, as "so-and-so is town" becomes an easier scum fakeclaim.   We still have to come up with a way for cops to claim Town results in a manner that only reveals they've done so when they die (but due to flips we can't just say "If I die and flip cop, X is town" unless we only have people who have results and doctors claim it, which splits off our docs in a way I'm not comfortable with).

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2014, 05:58:07 pm »

On second thought, blah, why don't we just not do some funky claiming plan.  I had a thought going there, but now I can't remember where this gets us as far as successful results based on flips.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2014, 05:59:14 pm »

Yeah, I now think Cops with any result should claim, and no claiming otherwise.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »

I have a plan.

Everyone states that "If I am a Night X cop, tonight I will target so-and-so".  Every Day.

This avoids the night claim, but creates plenty of WIFOM to help avoid scum targeting the "right" people.  Conversely, if we get some cop results, our cops will probably want to avoid claiming those results outright unless they catch scum, as "so-and-so is town" becomes an easier scum fakeclaim.   We still have to come up with a way for cops to claim Town results in a manner that only reveals they've done so when they die (but due to flips we can't just say "If I die and flip cop, X is town" unless we only have people who have results and doctors claim it, which splits off our docs in a way I'm not comfortable with).
Players would just flip as "Cop' or "Doctor", so I don't think this would work. I still standby my thinking that Cops should claim immediately no matter who they investigate.

I forgot I was voting nkiribt. Unvote. Just RVS to gauge reactions. Towny read on nkiribt and PPS.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2014, 06:00:54 pm »

Yeah, I now think Cops with any result should claim, and no claiming otherwise.

Although a mass Cop/Doc claim should still happen at some point closer to lylo.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2014, 06:04:11 pm »

Why towny on PPS/nkirbit?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2014, 06:06:46 pm »

Why towny on PPS/nkirbit?
PPS reminds me of himself in  Grimm Tale and NOT like himself at all in DW. Nkirbit because the only reaction I got from my vote was AHoppy, which gives nkiribit some Town points.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2014, 06:12:04 pm »

Can you elaborate? I've never played with PPS, so I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 13, 2014, 06:17:12 pm »

Can you elaborate? I've never played with PPS, so I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here.
When PPS plays as scum I've seen him be a lot more straightforward and not taking such...different views, I guess you could call it. I mean no offense PPS, but here he isn't really making sense which is something I've never seen him do.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2014, 06:23:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get any information out of someone after they die, other than what is revealed in the flip.  You can't make a conditional claim like "If I'm a doc, I targeted X; if I'm a cop, I targeted Y" because that's only meaningful if they actually are a cop.  And since the flip is the only new information related to that person that happens when they die, other than the fact that they died, then there's no way to get anything else out of them.

You could try something like "If I'm a cop, I targeted X and found out he was scum/town" and everyone makes a new claim of that form every day (overriding their previous claims), and stops making those claims after they have used their cop role, but then if a night x cop flips before night x, then the information that we get from him is actually wrong.

So yeah, I think we should stick with no one revealing, except cops after they have new information.  (I still think it's best for cops to reveal when they find out someone is town, especially since presumably they will be using it to find out about controversial people.)

(side note:  Oooh, where do you go to school in the east? I'm in PA)

I go to school in NY.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 13, 2014, 06:25:04 pm »

So yeah, I think we should stick with no one revealing
By revealing, I mean claiming.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2014, 07:18:09 pm »

I'm not making any sense but mysteriously everyone who was arguing against me eventually agreed mass claims this early are not a good idea. So, apparently I'm not communicating very well what have been found to be quite sensible ideas.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Signups full!)
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2014, 08:09:09 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Eevee (1): Jimmmmm
Robz888 (1): pingpongsam
pingpongsam (3): faust, Twistedarcher, Voltaire
faust (1): yuma
Twistedarcher (1): Eevee

Not Voting (6): AHoppy, Robz888, chairs, scott_pilgrim, nkirbit, Archetype

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends January 23rd, 12:00 AM.  Sorry for the typo.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2014, 09:54:05 pm »

I would say right now if I had to guess where scum is in the above vote count, I would say 1 is voting for PPS and at least 1 is not voting.... or PPS is scum, but I am thinking one on PPS is scum. So i'll keep voting for faust.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2014, 09:56:07 pm »

I would say right now if I had to guess where scum is in the above vote count, I would say 1 is voting for PPS and at least 1 is not voting.... or PPS is scum, but I am thinking one on PPS is scum. So i'll keep voting for faust.

Really? Is it for that or is it for his so-called "lame" vote on you earlier, which was clearly just a misunderstanding?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2014, 09:59:06 pm »

Where is Robz?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2014, 10:07:38 pm »

Really? Is it for that or is it for his so-called "lame" vote on you earlier, which was clearly just a misunderstanding?

I don't think it was a misunderstanding, at least not the crux of it which was summed up in bold:

vote: yuma for now. Has apparently played this setup before, but his contributions are a bit lacking original thought for that. And the whole "I'm so glad I'm not scum" thing rubs me the wrong way.

1. lacking original thought
2. rubbing him the wrong way

neither of which are valid reasons for a vote, while the third part 3. apparently played this game before is just a sidebar to the whole discussion.

But that alone wouldn't be enough for me to keep my vote there if there was something else a bit more pertinent elsewhere (there hasn't been), but me thinking there is scum somewhere on the pps wagon is.

(That and if I keep voting for and lynching) faust often enough in the games we play in, eventually he is bound to flip mafia right?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2014, 10:08:28 pm »

Where is Robz?

this is a good question especially as he has an announced VLA starting tomorrow though Saturday, but not for today....

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:08 pm »

Why? I've never really understood the reasoning behind trying to figure out how scum must be distributing their votes etc. Scum are either trying to act Towny, in which case they have their votes where they think they would be if they were Town, or they are trying to ensure they interact in ways we won't expect them to, and their expectations of our expectations vary from person to person. It could be faust/Twisted/Volt for all I know. Or it could be pps/yuma/Eevee. So tell me why a particular person is likely to be scum. But I just don't really buy, "at least one scum must be voting for pps, and I choose faust". I don't recall this kind of reasoning being used successfully by Town, but it's definitely been used by scum to try to encourage assumptions.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2014, 10:18:50 pm »

Why? I've never really understood the reasoning behind trying to figure out how scum must be distributing their votes etc. Scum are either trying to act Towny, in which case they have their votes where they think they would be if they were Town, or they are trying to ensure they interact in ways we won't expect them to, and their expectations of our expectations vary from person to person. It could be faust/Twisted/Volt for all I know. Or it could be pps/yuma/Eevee. So tell me why a particular person is likely to be scum. But I just don't really buy, "at least one scum must be voting for pps, and I choose faust". I don't recall this kind of reasoning being used successfully by Town, but it's definitely been used by scum to try to encourage assumptions.

the part in bold, but your point about varying from person to person does have merit

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2014, 10:19:21 pm »

(That and if I keep voting for and lynching) faust often enough in the games we play in, eventually he is bound to flip mafia right?

It worked with Arch in Time War.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2014, 10:20:00 pm »

sorry, just the first part of that sentence should be bolded... but the part after the bold is what I think does have merit...

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2014, 10:21:05 pm »

Teproc has replaced nkirbit.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.