Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Let's Discuss Adventures Cards: Page (and etc.)  (Read 18122 times)

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Discuss Adventures Cards: Page (and etc.)
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 06:42:01 pm »

thing is, how often do you even need 3 tokens from teacher?  just 2 ain't slow compared to other strategies, and it's not uncommon for you to only need 1.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 08:43:44 am »
+4

Teacher is slow. I really like Disciple though. I think overall, Page is better, but  not much

I found otherwise that teacher is faster as it cycles instead of junking you with silver.

Warrior strategy isn't a thing, unless you play versus idiot. It loses more games than wins as you have worse deck clogged with silver and you don't improve chances of trashing warrior much. As opponent also opens page both get warrior on same shuffle. For second player its hopeless as he could only hit warrior that misses reshuffle but then first player was losing anyway. For first player its better as he has extra turn to hit warrior until its safe in players hand. If he gets lucky and plays two other travellers he has 20% chance of hitting it on that turn versus 15 card deck. If there are some sifters trashers then using these will get warrior hero before you could play warrior if you waste buys on extra pages.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1813
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 08:47:59 am »

I feel like catapult/page will be great. Catapult provides an easy, cheap way to trash your excess silvers. You might have to many terminals for a bit but once you get that champion you'll be doing great.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5169
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 06:52:13 pm »

I feel like catapult/page will be great. Catapult provides an easy, cheap way to trash your excess silvers. You might have to many terminals for a bit but once you get that champion you'll be doing great.

I doubt that's viable. If your opponent goes for Page too, those Catapults are just Coppers once they have a Champion (and the timeframe where you have a Champion and they don't is like 1-2 turns at best); and if they don't go for Champion, well you've pretty much won already anyway.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.