Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 266013 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: May 26, 2016, 06:31:48 pm »

Town leans:

RRR (already explained)
J Reggie (towny reaction to early attention)
Jan (Generally sensible posts, and matches championship game)
ADK (Unfazed by votes that weren't great imo. self-righteous)
Awaclus (Classic Awaclus)

Scum leans:

Seprix (Already explained)
fortisian (Not actually saying much)
Melisandre (Weird reaction to being pressured, I found. This is joga, right?)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 26, 2016, 06:34:59 pm »

Oh, and town vibes on ss, but I seem to always read him this way, so idk.

Not sorry for making 8 posts in a row. I think I'm done for now though. My reads are frustratingly weak right now, so I'll stay not voting.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 26, 2016, 06:46:15 pm »

@Roadrunner7671 - why did you ask Seprix to 'chill'?
We had an incident recently, someone left the forum over a Mafia game. It's an ongoing game and a touchy subject, so we won't dwell into that.

But I don't want Seprix to leave or cause someone else to leave. Like, why would he assume someone was British or trying to make him look like a fool?
Man, why are you equating calling someone British with insulting them?  :(

Oh, was that it? I just thought he was British because he spelled "defense" as "defence". I threw that random bit in because it's Sherlock Mafia, and well, it's cute and thematic, and hey, I was right!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 26, 2016, 06:58:39 pm »

Jan, work's going great. Thanks for asking. Also, I believe you are the copycat. Mreow.

Leopoil's Melisandre burn was spot on. I also dig his Teoroc vote and unvote.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 26, 2016, 07:04:28 pm »

As painful as it was to read gkriegs posts, the stream of consciousness style was reasonable towny.
Smooth like Sandpaper

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 26, 2016, 07:13:56 pm »

Look, kid. Why would i ask you how your work is doing in a game where your next reaction might be 1 day away, when i am most likely talking to you on skype within the next 4-7 hours?

Oh btw how is work? Boobs doing well? are the 1 dollar notes coming?

The thing is you liked his burn, but why do you think it was towny?
The vote and unvote happend after your read on him, so that doesn't count. (i appreciate the thought nonetheless)

I like that liopoil reads me town but disagrees with all my townreads but one.

Liopoil - you decided to read 2 ppl you have not play with as scum. What about the people you played with?
A lot of people have been talking about meta reads and all that. do you do metareads or are you ignoring meta normally?

Like 2 ppl noone knows (as in first game here) as scum and the 1 person that people already said is not playing close to their meta. Those are weak ass scumreads.

Did you feel forced to give scumreads and those are just the easiest to give?

What do you think about the content that fonti gave? a lot of people have done mostly rvs realted things, she skipped that by entering the thread late. do you mind talking about the content she gave/pushed at the time?

Could you explain how joga/meli reacted weird and what about it was scummy/not towny?

Cheerio!
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 26, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »

I've landed as town on Melisandre, just because I think town is much more likely to do the reaction-fishing "gotcha" thing. Also probably town on Jan, I might sheep him on liopoil.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 26, 2016, 07:17:56 pm »

Alright, liopoil has been posting like crazy.

Not interested though, in case it wasn't clear. As far I can see, you don't say why you think I am scum anywhere? Okay. I think you'll figure out that I'm town eventually.

This sounds a little cryptic, but I will try to not read into that.

Also, vote: J Reggie
Vote: Teproc

Explain the vote? Then you unvote. Explain that too?

Thanks for this post. If t stands for towny, n stands for null, s stands for scum, then I find each of the lines to be respectively: nnstnnnstsnntssss. Still a scum lean for me. However, it is becoming more clear to me that he could have genuinely believed in the last four posts listed here. Yay hedging.

This is worse than any formatting Gkreig did, and his formatting wasn't even bad. It's probably a headache on a small phone screen though. Anyways, I guess I'll reformat lioloil's thing so I know what he's thinking about:

Seprix reread:

RVS vote N

makes some jokes then asks Awaclus to explain his vote N

more jokes, and throws some dominion stuff in there S

says that asking Awaclus was worth a shot, and that he doesn't want to put more energy into it T

attempts three times to vote for Melis because of his early reads list N

says that for WIFOM reasons Melis might open this way as scum N

warns about Awaclus N

says that he doesn't like the forced reads to get out of RVS S

says he wants to vote for Melis twice T

says once again that he really doesn't like the reads list of Melis.  I kinda agree with him here that the reads list could have been taken as serious and actually gave him a lot of towncred regardless of whether it was real or not for some reason. S

gives some setup talk where he says we are either multiball, or a 4-person scum team.  I think Mistborn Mafia was this size and it had a 5-person mafia team, but we kept thinking it was multiball.  I wouldn't discount a large mafia team until we see otherwise. N

says he thinks RVS is over N

claims an ADK/Melis scum team but then doesn't want to express a case T

Has a post where he says that he townreads Melis because he is too scummy to be scum.  There is also some other great content in this post S

unvotes Melis and gives him a D1 pass S

votes ADK because ADK says that there is a scum motivation for making someone defensive.  I agree with Seprix here.  I don't think there is a scum motivation for attacking someone.  Usually you want to hide in the shadows while two other townies fight.  Especially in a game this large where you will have townies fight. S

points out the inconsistency with ADK's logic S

nnstnnnstsnntssss
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 26, 2016, 07:19:30 pm »

So clearly, it seems Liopoil wants a Melis lynch. I'm okay with his lynch as well, but I am satisfied enough to also let him live.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 26, 2016, 07:26:11 pm »

Melisandre, I can point you to a few games where I got early pressure, both as town and as scum, if you're interested.

Well some of these are a lot older than I thought.

Games where I got early pressure as Town:

Newbie 1680
M46
M45

One of my recent scum games, where I got lynched Day One:

M77
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2016, 07:27:43 pm »

As painful as it was to read gkriegs posts, the stream of consciousness style was reasonable towny.

Let's do the test!

Hey friends of the meta-verse!

Does gkrieg post in this style regardless of alignment, is it a town thing or just a new thing that you rarely see done by him regardless of alignment?

asking for a friend.

I mean a mean person would say that most of those post is rephrasing other peoples post without actually pushing new content in them.
(3 lines with addional content - 1 of them about mechanics, 1 about general mafia playstyles and 1 about the person he was reading at the time)
His conclusion is ok.

Talking about gkrieg :
"I kinda agree with him here that the reads list could have been taken as serious and actually gave him a lot of towncred regardless of whether it was real or not for some reason."
you said earlier you believed the list could have been real as well as the content. or rather that it wasnt "too contrived".

you sadly didnt react to my question about said list.
Why did you think the list might have been genuine?
Which reads were you able to comprehend or share at the time?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 26, 2016, 07:33:09 pm »

@jan It's something I've seen him do before, I don't think it's alignment indicative. That said I don't particularly like what I've seen of gkrieg. Would be on my "could lynch" list.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 26, 2016, 07:35:44 pm »

So clearly, it seems Liopoil wants a Melis lynch. I'm okay with his lynch as well, but I am satisfied enough to also let him live.

Wait you went out of your conversation with melisandre saying you would prefer not to lynch him today, right?

I mean the gameday is still going for another 4-5 days or something so we have all the time in the world.
But why did liopoils analysis of gkriegs summary of your posts on melis play change your mind?

Could you try and use words with 4 or less characters, i am afraid otherwise i won't be able to follow you.

Like you give someone a day pass for reasons and a soon someone else wants to lynch said person you go back and say - "yes, we can!".

This is not 2008. this is the time to make dominion strategy great again. and you are somewhere not caring about anything but looking good?
If you want to look good. Buy a new wig

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2016, 07:43:52 pm »

@jan It's something I've seen him do before, I don't think it's alignment indicative. That said I don't particularly like what I've seen of gkrieg. Would be on my "could lynch" list.
Aw.
Smooth like Sandpaper

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 26, 2016, 07:45:54 pm »

Wait you went out of your conversation with melisandre saying you would prefer not to lynch him today, right?

I mean the gameday is still going for another 4-5 days or something so we have all the time in the world.
But why did liopoils analysis of gkriegs summary of your posts on melis play change your mind?

Could you try and use words with 4 or less characters, i am afraid otherwise i won't be able to follow you.

Like you give someone a day pass for reasons and a soon someone else wants to lynch said person you go back and say - "yes, we can!".

This is not 2008. this is the time to make dominion strategy great again. and you are somewhere not caring about anything but looking good?
If you want to look good. Buy a new wig

Nice political references. I guess you think I'm the Trump of f.ds. You are wrong. I am the Ralph Nader of f.ds, because voting for me is a waste of time.

Yes, I gave him a pass. Liopoil's reads did not change my mind at all. I am only okay with the lynch. It is still too early to formulate a 'no lynch' list for me. As you said before, we have plenty of time. D1 lynch is overrated, and often done more for information than anything else.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 26, 2016, 07:56:45 pm »

@Seprix Yeah, all three things you quoted were meant to be cryptic. Not sure why you quoted the first, scummy thing to do really. The Teproc thing was because I said way early that the next person to vote for J Reggie would be scum, and that was Teproc. I would have had a legitamite scumread on anyone who voted J Reggie shortly after, but enough time passed that for Teproc it's null. The nts thing wasn't intended to be convenient for a reader; it was mostly just for myself, but okay.

@Jan the fortisian thing is mostly that she is agreeing with me on literally everything, and that continued even further now. Why? I'm not that persuasive.

I read silver's championship game so I have a bit of meta on you and meli. Meli's way of defending himself is far different from there. But I don't rely on meta that much, mostly just a check on what I'd otherwise think. My scumread on Seprix would be much stronger if it weren't Seprix, for example.

Why should the fact that I disagree with you affect my read on your alignment?

I did not feel pressured to add more scumreads, in fact, I added in Awaclus afterwards because the ratio was a bit weird. Awaclus is the weakest read. Apart from that, the townreads are stronger than the scumreads, naturally.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »

Babe, why are you yelling about a waffle? Waffles are delicious.
Smooth like Sandpaper

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2016, 08:01:30 pm »

Is this a metaphor?

Jan has a weird habit of slightly mis-interpretting posts and then putting words in people's mouths. Dunno what to make of that, but whatever townread I had is waning.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 26, 2016, 08:07:57 pm »

Suddenly this game became confusing.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 26, 2016, 08:11:27 pm »

Suddenly this game became confusing.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 26, 2016, 08:25:40 pm »

Games where I got early pressure as Town: [...]

Two of those are before I began playing and one is offsite. That might explain why I thought you never got early pressure.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30:27 pm »

waffles are delicious indeed. but are they a towns food of choice?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 26, 2016, 08:31:51 pm »

Games where I got early pressure as Town: [...]

Two of those are before I began playing and one is offsite. That might explain why I thought you never got early pressure.

I think they also stand larger in my own mind than in other people's. But the point is, it's happened, and maybe Melis will get something illuminating out of it.

It's difficult to form reads with this many damn people. Like I just looked at the player list and Hydrad's apparently in this game? What has he said?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 26, 2016, 08:31:54 pm »

Also, I believe you are the copycat. Mreow.
I don't get it

Leopoil's Melisandre burn was spot on. I also dig his Teoroc vote and unvote.
It's liopoil. or liopoil, if spelled backwards.

Teproc did just claim scum, but only in an RVS way, so I suppose I should Unvote.
is voting for JReggie claiming scum?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2016, 08:34:04 pm »

Hydrad seems much less active than usual. Like he's usually acti-lurking but this is just lurking. It's unusual so potentially a scumtell?

vote: Hydrad

fontisian and jan seem to be doing their own weird thing, I assume I'm not supposed to understand it.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.