Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329443 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #2900 on: December 22, 2015, 09:14:35 am »

I think if I were to lynch a PR, I'd want to lynch Teproc.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: December 22, 2015, 01:04:33 pm »

Lots to say but it needs to wait for tonight. I was vanillaised n1 and webbed n2 but I wasn't notified until beginning of n1 for vanillaise  end of n2 for web.

Need to put some thought into
he lynch but my gut says Faust right now.

More when I get home tonight.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: December 22, 2015, 01:06:11 pm »

Beginning of n2 for vanillaise*

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: December 22, 2015, 01:23:04 pm »

Lots to say but it needs to wait for tonight. I was vanillaised n1 and webbed n2 but I wasn't notified until beginning of n1 for vanillaise  end of n2 for web.

Why didn't you bring up getting webbed before, when you brought up being vanillaized?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: December 22, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

"Man, that guy is huge," Barry said to no one in particular.  The group had gathered again in STARLabs, with Cisco and Caitlin joining them.  "and...green?"

"Man, do you think he's related to Grodd?"  Cisco was too excited, considering the situation.

Oliver looked nonplussed.  "Green is my color."  That was all he had to say.

"Anyway, anyone know who this guy is?"  Barry zipped over to him and tried to drag him down to the particle accelerator prison, but he was just too heavy.  He started shrinking, turning more and more human looking as he did.

Yuma died during the night.  He was the Incredible Hulk, the Random Vigilante.

For reference, here is kill flavor.  It doesn't look like Yuma was the victim of his own kill.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: December 22, 2015, 03:29:49 pm »

I think egork is a great lynch. His l-1 wagon faltering abs dying, he is a vt so PoE there.

I know the wagon doesn't mean a ton, but I think it is interesting and worth a second look
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: December 22, 2015, 04:52:08 pm »

bwa.

will post more later.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: December 22, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

Hydrad and egor are both good lynches.
Egor probably better since we have the WW thing.
vote: EgorK

Igu's inconsistency is weird, why claim being vanillaised and not claim the webbed bit? But it doesnt seem like something scum does. What benefit does scum get from making up a phantom vanillaiser?

Teproc could maybe be lying here. If so I would imagine that exactly one of his two named townies is scum, probably e. I think more poe tomorrow will help us pick this though, lynching Teproc or faust won't be an easy choice.

I will reread yuma to see what he thought of people.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: December 22, 2015, 07:09:40 pm »

Wait, does the iguana situation make any sense at all ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: December 22, 2015, 07:13:33 pm »

I am going to have limited access until Tuesday, as I'm moving across the U.S.

That said, I have something to claim.

At the beginning of last night I was notified that I have been vanillaised.

@Iguana, what exactly were you told? Did ash say anything other than "vanillaised"?

At the beginning of the night I was just notified that I was vanillaised. It didn't say anything else.

@iguana, you're sure you can't provide us with any more flavour than that? I'm looking for a specific flavour word from you here. Not "vanillaised".

Um, okay yeah. The message says that I lost my power last night.

Kinda wondering how you know about the specific language?

Beginning of n2 for vanillaise*

I guess that last one answers my first concern, but how does he not have an answer for Haddock when he first asks about specific flavor ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: December 22, 2015, 07:15:18 pm »

Even if I take iguana's post as saying "yeah I did get some flavour thing, how do you know about it", that still makes very little sense... it would be pretty obvious to iguana how Haddock would know about such a thing (and was pretty obvious to everyone I'd expect).

I don't know what to make of this...

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: December 22, 2015, 07:58:00 pm »

Even if I take iguana's post as saying "yeah I did get some flavour thing, how do you know about it", that still makes very little sense... it would be pretty obvious to iguana how Haddock would know about such a thing (and was pretty obvious to everyone I'd expect).

I don't know what to make of this...
I can only assume that he was at first intending only to claim the vanillaising, for whatever reason.

The flavour thing, maybe he thought the webbing came from a scum roleblocker or something?

I knew it was obvious to everyone what was going on, I just wanted to get the word out of him to see a) whether he'd be truthful about it and b) whether he knew what I was talking about, redirection being a potential thing.  I agree the way it has turned out is super weird.  I dont see it coming from scum, though, surely scum would have been more careful with their claim.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: December 22, 2015, 08:03:52 pm »

So, yuma. I Dont want to put words in his mouth, but my impression of his top scumreads is something like this:

Egor = Teproc > igu >> Hydrad >> faust.

Faust almost not on this list, yuma had him as scummy early but seemed to shift townier and townier.

Fwiw, mine go something like:
Egor > Hydrad = faust > Teproc > igu
At the moment.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: December 22, 2015, 09:30:46 pm »

So I was told about the webbing and the vanillaising on the same night. When I was first told about the vanillaising at the beginning of the night, I was just told that I had lost my power. I asked what that meant to Ashersky and he told me that it meant that I had been vanillaised.

I was also told about being webbed at the end of the night. I figured that the webbing came from spiderman, and made the assumption that it was a jailkeep. It did occur to me that the webbing could have been from a scum roleblocker like one of spiderman's adversaries instead. But it didn't seem like smart play to talk about the webbing and alert people to the fact that there was a jailkeep if he didn't want to talk about it first. OTOH it did seem smart to let people know that there was a (probably) scum vanillaiser out there. So I kept the webbing part to myself and told people about the vanillaising part. Later we decided to do a mass claim and it didn't end up mattering. Probably I should have assumed that Haddock was spiderman when he started asking about the flavor of what happened to me. Instead, I was wary and thought he might have been the vanillaiser trying to get information from me (kinda stupid, I know).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: December 22, 2015, 09:32:00 pm »

... why would you assume specifically Jailkeep?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: December 22, 2015, 09:35:13 pm »

I'm really not sure I can see thor as a VT. That just seems kinda crazy. I know not everyone can have a PR, but really, ghost rider gets a BP and thor nothing? Crappy argument, I'm aware, but still.

Yes, crappy argument. We already know that Iron Man was a VT, and it looks like e is likely Captain America as a VT as well. That's two major heroes that are VTs in this setup, so Thor as VT makes sense.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: December 22, 2015, 09:38:12 pm »

... why would you assume specifically Jailkeep?

I didn't. I thought either jailkeep or roleblocker. I was told I couldn't sleep well at night because I was "webbed."

Spiderman seemed most likely. So it seemed likely it was a town power, and I didn't want to just talk about it to everyone and potentially alert scum to it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: December 22, 2015, 09:41:50 pm »

But you just said this:

I was also told about being webbed at the end of the night. I figured that the webbing came from spiderman, and made the assumption that it was a jailkeep.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: December 22, 2015, 09:44:59 pm »

But you just said this:

I was also told about being webbed at the end of the night. I figured that the webbing came from spiderman, and made the assumption that it was a jailkeep.

What I meant was that it seemed like the most likely thing is that it was spiderman, and I was jailkept. He's called the "obvious jailkeep, and yeah, it was not too hard to figure out. Is there any possible way where I could have known this with 100% certainty? Because I did not.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: December 22, 2015, 09:48:11 pm »

I am out of time now and need to go again : /

I like a Faust or Hydrad lynch. In the investigative roles, I suspect Faust most, then Teproc. In the VTs, I suspect Hydrad most, then EgorK. This is all mainly based on playstyle.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: December 22, 2015, 09:48:47 pm »

Playstyle meaning, the way they have played this game

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: December 22, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »

But you just said this:

What I meant was that it seemed like the most likely thing is that it was spiderman, and I was jailkept. He's called the "obvious jailkeep, and yeah, it was not too hard to figure out. Is there any possible way where I could have known this with 100% certainty? Because I did not.

No, why would you think Jailkeep is more likely than, say, Roleblock?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: December 23, 2015, 03:30:23 am »

I'm here, but don't really have time today. Tomorrow will be better.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: December 23, 2015, 09:02:04 am »

But you just said this:

No, why would you think Jailkeep is more likely than, say, Roleblock?

Because I was told that I was webbed at night, and I know this is marvel heroes mafia, and the most famous marvel hero (IMO) is spiderman, and spiderman is going to be town, not scum.

Therefore, spiderman the jailkeep was my guess and I was pretty confident in it. Turns out I was most likely right!

Incidentally, Haddock is now my strongest town read based on this.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: December 23, 2015, 09:11:03 am »

You know there are setups with town rb?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 17 queries.