Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 137591 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Newbie, Need 1 Sub, PM or Post
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 04:30:18 pm »

It’s eerily silent in the Magic Box.  It’s open for business, but no one seems interested in buying magical artifacts or ingredients today.  The door’s closed, and some sunlight trickles in through the front window.

Oh, and there are fourteen bodies lying around the shop.

Some of them are splayed out on the floor, a few are leaning against the counter, one is even face down on a large, wooden table covered in books and orbs.

And then…

Abra655, Axxle, Captain_Frisk, cayvie, Cuzz, Eevee, Jimmmmm, Lekkit, raerae, Robz888, theorel, Watno, and Yuma wake up slowly, in fits and starts.

They all look around at each other.  Bewildered looks grow on their faces as they try to sort out what’s happened, where this is, who they are.  They squint, jerk away quickly when they realize there’s a complete stranger right next to them, sit huddled in corners eyeing each other warily.

Wait.  Fourteen bodies?

One of the group screams in surprise—her hand had landed on something cold, and mushy.  And then they saw him.

ashersky
lay still, cold, and unnaturally white on the ground.  They looked closer; there were two holes in his neck.  His head and strikingly handsome face were bruised.  His neck was broken.  A chill went down their collective spines.

Now the wariness turned to outright fear and confusion.  “Who am I?” is no longer the question on their lips, but “who are they, and who did that?”  Muscles tense, fists clench, and the tension rises until…

“Guys?  What’s happening?  Don’t you remember me?”  raerae said.  “It’s me, DawnDawn Summers, the Scooby Gang Innocent Child?  Some of you are in the Scooby Gang too, but…I don’t know, I don’t think we were this big of a group.”

raerae shrugged.  “We need to figure this out guys, and then we’ll be okay.  I just know it, for some reason…  If only we knew who you all were, even your names...guys, come on guys...oh, I wish someone was here to protect me.  But I just don't recognize any of you.  Don't you even know your own names?”

Not one of them spoke up.  It was clear that whatever had put them here, whatever had rendered them unconscious, had also taken their memories.  So fear and suspicion melded into grim determination.  They would just have to “figure it out,” as Dawn had said, even though no one could remember anything about themselves, or anyone around them.  But could they do it in time?

Day 1 has begun.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on Thursday, December 20, at 4:30 p.m. forum time.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Day 1 Started!
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 04:44:10 pm »

Sup!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2012, 04:48:39 pm »

I'm up.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2012, 04:50:11 pm »

Oh god, I'm a self-harming kleptomaniac?  Awesome.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2012, 04:55:36 pm »

Anyone else for a Dawn policy lynch? :P
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2012, 04:59:06 pm »

vote:yuma

So autocorrect has spoken, so it shall be.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2012, 05:28:23 pm »

I posted this in Vla - but I am traveling this week. Nearly off the grid until next Sunday. With a 12/20 deadline this seems ok - but f mod wants to replace me - so be it.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2012, 05:49:01 pm »

I posted this in Vla - but I am traveling this week. Nearly off the grid until next Sunday. With a 12/20 deadline this seems ok - but f mod wants to replace me - so be it.

I'm sure you'll phone post.  No need to sub at this point.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2012, 06:19:46 pm »

Wow a RVS that I am actually around for... I guess I should vote someone... naw, I don't think I will

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2012, 06:54:30 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

Yuma (1): Axxle

Not Voting (12): Abra655, Captain_Frisk, cayvie, Cuzz, Eevee, Jimmmmm, Lekkit, raerae, Robz888, theorel, Watno, Yuma

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on Thursday, December 20, at 4:30 p.m. forum time.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2012, 06:56:27 pm »

Wow a RVS that I am actually around for... I guess I should vote someone... naw, I don't think I will
wat.  Vote for this scum!

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2012, 07:14:30 pm »

hmm...no Insomniac.
I guess I'll vote: Robz888, since he made us lose in MVIII. 

Anyways, C9++ has pretty straight-forward roles.  I think the random-town stuff from the pirate game applies and some one-shots are best used early (day1 for cop, day2 for vig assuming some informative roles are around, because it gives them a chance to reveal).  I have no idea about 1-shot roleblocker or doctor, those are probably best saved till at least mid-game?

We're slightly less likely than even to have a SK, since we have at least 1 PR rolled.  Although other PRs will have different probabilities for that.

With a town of 13 and (likely) 3 mafia, we have 9/10 town and 0/1 SK.
With no SK: we can have 7 deaths before we lose, which means 4 mislynches to lose if we don't no-lynch, and don't block a kill.  (i.e. 3 allowed and we can still win)
With a SK: we only get like 5 deaths before we lose (because 4 town v. 3 mafia + SK is essentially a loss), but SK could hit scum at night.  IF SK always hits town different from mafia (which is just a worst-case scenario), we get 2 mislynches to lose.  Obviously there's a lot of variability here though depending on how the SK does, and when/if he dies.  Anyways, SK makes it a much more dangerous game for the town, since there's less room for error.

And, that's about all I've got theory-wise at the moment.  Hopefully something will happen soon-ish to take us out of RVS.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2012, 07:16:48 pm »

Whoooosh!

Something just flew right over my head.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »

Important: Vigilantes should NOT shoot. Just don't do it.

Interesting that the IC is a totally new player. This is probably unfortunate; I would much rather have IC status land on Frisk or Eevee or something. Oh well.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2012, 07:35:02 pm »

Also, everyone has to remember that we are constantly working at trying to "solve" the setup: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B

Since we know there is an IC, there are either no Masons, or exactly 2 Masons, in this game.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:07 pm »

Interesting that the IC is a totally new player. This is probably unfortunate; I would much rather have IC status land on Frisk or Eevee or something. Oh well.

Shraeye has very patiently answered all my questions about the different possible roles in this game but I'm interested in your take on why it would be better for a vet to be the IC instead?  Other than the fact that I don't know nothin' bout nothin'.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:44 pm »

I think we shouldn't be discussing the power role distribution now, since the probablities of stuff being in are different for those who have a power role.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2012, 07:47:15 pm »

Shraeye has very patiently answered all my questions about the different possible roles in this game but I'm interested in your take on why it would be better for a vet to be the IC instead?  Other than the fact that I don't know nothin' bout nothin'.

Well, you may note that this is the 17th "regular" game of mafia on these forums. I am the only person who as played all 17, but quite a few other players have participated in a LOT of games. Basically, I have ideas about how certain people play as town, and how they play as mafia.

So let's say uh, Cuzz!, is acting a certain way. I might say to myself, "Hmm, Cuzz acted a similar way in M-XII, when he was town. Perhaps this means he is again town." And then I turn to Frisk, who was also in that game, and say "Frisk, do you agree?"

The problem is that I have no idea if Frisk is aligned with the town. So perhaps he will try to mislead me, to protect his scumbuddy Cuzz. Now, if Frisk were Innocent Child, I could no for sure to trust his reads, and his feedback on my reads.

Since you are the Innocent Child I can't really bounce my thoughts on whether people are playing to their town or scum "meta" off on you, because you don't know--you've never played with these people. (Which should not be construed as a criticism; everyone has to start somewhere, and we are happy to have new people; everybody was a newbie at some point; etc.)

I also think newbies are less likely to be mislynched, so it's a bit of a waste for YOU to be our IC. But that's not your fault! Sorry, I feel like this is a really hostile introduction.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2012, 07:49:03 pm »

I think we shouldn't be discussing the power role distribution now, since the probablities of stuff being in are different for those who have a power role.

Well... we shouldn't discuss it so specifically that one would confess to having a PR, no. But we should establish that which is certain, regardless of what role you or I might have; for instance, there must be either no masons, or exactly 2 of them, based on publicly available knowledge.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »

Robz, Cuzz and Frisk:

This game is awfully similar to MXII which didn't go very well for town. I viewed it from a mod's point of view. But what do you think went so wrong in that game. My two take aways from it were, lynch scummy lurkers and scum bussing can be very beneficial. But what do you think down did or didn't do that was detrimental to town--and that we shouldn't do in this game?

At least no one claimed VT in the pre-game.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2012, 07:59:20 pm »

Robz, Cuzz and Frisk:

This game is awfully similar to MXII which didn't go very well for town. I viewed it from a mod's point of view. But what do you think went so wrong in that game. My two take aways from it were, lynch scummy lurkers and scum bussing can be very beneficial. But what do you think down did or didn't do that was detrimental to town--and that we shouldn't do in this game?

At least no one claimed VT in the pre-game.

Well, it's simple. We lost that game because of Frisk.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2012, 07:59:40 pm »

*And ashersky! Who is here. Don't go shooting people Night 1. Just... don't... do it!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2012, 08:00:15 pm »

Well, you may note that this is the 17th "regular" game of mafia on these forums. I am the only person who as played all 17, but quite a few other players have participated in a LOT of games. Basically, I have ideas about how certain people play as town, and how they play as mafia.

So let's say uh, Cuzz!, is acting a certain way. I might say to myself, "Hmm, Cuzz acted a similar way in M-XII, when he was town. Perhaps this means he is again town." And then I turn to Frisk, who was also in that game, and say "Frisk, do you agree?"

The problem is that I have no idea if Frisk is aligned with the town. So perhaps he will try to mislead me, to protect his scumbuddy Cuzz. Now, if Frisk were Innocent Child, I could no for sure to trust his reads, and his feedback on my reads.

Since you are the Innocent Child I can't really bounce my thoughts on whether people are playing to their town or scum "meta" off on you, because you don't know--you've never played with these people. (Which should not be construed as a criticism; everyone has to start somewhere, and we are happy to have new people; everybody was a newbie at some point; etc.)

I also think newbies are less likely to be mislynched, so it's a bit of a waste for YOU to be our IC. But that's not your fault! Sorry, I feel like this is a really hostile introduction.

I just spit water everywhere at that.  But no worries, it take way more than truth to hurt my feelings.  I appreciate the explanation and that does make sense.  Thank you!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2012, 08:01:07 pm »

Okay, mostly kidding blaming aside, yeah, Lynch All Lurkers, like for sure for sure. Insomniac played a really strong game. Grujah was too scummy to be believed, so we ended up not believing it, so we lost.

People will say all the claiming really ruined things, but I'm not so sure it did. If I knew how to read Joth better, it mightn't have all been for nought.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »

Okay, mostly kidding blaming aside, yeah, Lynch All Lurkers, like for sure for sure. Insomniac played a really strong game. Grujah was too scummy to be believed, so we ended up not believing it, so we lost.

People will say all the claiming really ruined things, but I'm not so sure it did. If I knew how to read Joth better, it mightn't have all been for nought.

This will be a bit of a strange game w/o Galz, Insomniac, jot and voltgloss
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.