Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19  All

Author Topic: NM11: anagrams (over and done) (eOven! dan? ron?)  (Read 61742 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: NM11: anagrams (it's day 1!) (i... ya, 1 STD)
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:21 pm »

Vote count 1.3

Xxraptorslayer96 (1): Awaclus
Witherweaver (2): Xxraptorslayer96, Skumpy
Seprix (2): faust, Witherweaver
faust (1): DatSwan
stevanzzo (1): Seprix

not voting (2): stevanzzo, SirClemens

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends friday, december 8th at 13:00 forum time. in like 2 days!

mod notes
  • new sufjan single this morning
  • just flame when gin rings. in, son.
mod quotes

bumlp, plubm.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:13:04 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2017, 02:15:21 pm »

Should we decide on the lynch tomorrow? 8th December would be a little rushed, and rushed lynches are bad from what I’ve seen.
I have hardly ever seen this work (that is, deciding to settle on a lynch before deadline and then actually pulling it through).

Also there's no reason to do this. If we decide to settle on a lynch tomorrow, then things will get rushed once we try to settle for something tomorrow evening. The rush can only be prevented by an early quickhammer. Unfortunately, you said these were bad.

Now it isn‘t early in the day. I think the pressure if we try to settle it tomorrow will be a great deal smaller than if done on friday. A situation where we settle on a lynch that we don’t favor because people are absent is smaller on thursday than on friday, since the absent people still can vote on friday. I could be really wrong about this since I have no experience, but to me it sounds good on paper.
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »

Why is nobody else voting for raptor?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2017, 02:35:03 pm »

I don't know. I think there are better places for my vote. I assume others think similarly.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2017, 02:36:56 pm »

Should we decide on the lynch tomorrow? 8th December would be a little rushed, and rushed lynches are bad from what I’ve seen.
I have hardly ever seen this work (that is, deciding to settle on a lynch before deadline and then actually pulling it through).

Also there's no reason to do this. If we decide to settle on a lynch tomorrow, then things will get rushed once we try to settle for something tomorrow evening. The rush can only be prevented by an early quickhammer. Unfortunately, you said these were bad.

Now it isn‘t early in the day. I think the pressure if we try to settle it tomorrow will be a great deal smaller than if done on friday. A situation where we settle on a lynch that we don’t favor because people are absent is smaller on thursday than on friday, since the absent people still can vote on friday. I could be really wrong about this since I have no experience, but to me it sounds good on paper.
If people are absent while we "settle" on a lynch, it is foolish to assume they will agree with the decision made in their absence. And anyway we get better information if people don't have the excuse "I only did what town decided".

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2017, 07:31:22 pm »

I'm home from work and ready to help.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2017, 08:01:55 pm »

Sorry for not posting in a while. Life was already a bit hectic, then today got nice and incendiary. Reading now.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2017, 09:44:08 pm »

Read list:

Towny:
  • faust - He helped getting this game going and I like all his posts. Or he is just scum playing well.
Null - Towny:
  • DatSwan - Was interested in getting this game going. Haven’t heard much lately.
  • Xxraptorslayer96 - Asking good questions
Null:
  • Witherweaver - Nothing much to see yet.
  • Awaclus - Not much yet, but thinking of older games that is too be expecte(?)[l/i]
Scummy - Null:
  • Seprix - Where is you content?
  • stevanzzo - same question
Scummy:
  • Skumpy - I voted him in the first place to generate discussion and each of his following posts convinced me to keep my vote there. And he ignores the fact that his wagon has spawned discussion.

PPE: Awaclus

I think this is a townie post.

Agree with this, including the 'think'. No groundbreaking revolutionary reasons, but I feel this stuff is really tough to fake the first time around, even with having read past games.

Skumpy, how many games have you payed before?
New answer: 2. Maybe this explains the bad post of mine earlier, when faust could be thinking, "Geez, you win too much, get lynched already!" It's a joke. Mostly. The plan was for me to self-vote in my next M game after starting off strong in my career...then I didn't when I got to L-2 and then L-1. And now there's no reason whatsoever to have fun with that.

Vote: raptor
Interesting that Raptor doesn't react to this. He just got a firsthand look at an Awaclus tunnel, now he's the victim of one and he's not concerned? And obviously can't read into Awaclus well, but I feel this is kind of townie (this is a decision I know I'm going to backtrack on later. I'm reading a lot of people as town this game).

!!!!! The hell??? Why? I'll read this as an amateur mistake but this looks very bad for you.

Just keeping the vote at 4 so I could see who drops and/or who pushed him over the edge.

That being said, it's down to 3 by my count (probably wrong, I'm bad at counting.) so unvote.

As for it looking bad, sure. From the reactions earlier, unvoting makes it look worse. ;)
It would look bad except I like the self-awareness. Maybe I'm underestimating newbie talent. No sé!

I understand the faust post about interactions now. But I still don't like being Test Subject #2025

@SirClemens' reads: I've never played with scum!faust before. But I know that to give him towncred for that is a bad call. Even if faust's town, you're severely underestimating scum ability. Unless you already know this.
"Never townread faust" is not a viable solution though. Hard as it may be, you have to figure out a way to read me.
It'll be much easier once I've played against you as scum. I'm still working off the feeling that I'm always going to misread you, town as scum and scum as town. Maybe that's a sign I should unvote. Then again, I'm not actually voting for you right now.

Aside: Who haven't I read yet as town? WW, Swan, Seprix? This is either really good or really bad, I don't think it's in the middle.

I don't know what kind of post this is. Is he always like this?

Yeah it is normal. But occasionally they are extremely entertaining :P

Swan's scum because town has no reason to lie  ;) (that winky face just guarantees Swan as scum).

The big Swan post: I don't know. My mentality now is to table this while I try to figure out how to read Swan. Though instincts are leaning a bit towards scum. (I went back and tried again. Really on the fence with this one. I think I want to give Swan time and see if he slips somehow).

I like Skumpy‘s latest post unvote

What about skumpys post made him go from bottom of your list to seprix being bottom?

It just made Skumpy move one tier up and I voted Seprix for lurking. He stopped doing that and stevanzzo is entitled to a day 1 pass as a newbie. So unvote
Newbie passes aren't actually a good idea in a newbie game.

It's not about it being a good idea, it's about being fair. And maybe a bit manipulative. If you're trying to entice new players to join Mafia, then it's a good idea to not kill them D1.

I kind of want to vote DatSwan for being so very wrong. But that's probably just DatSwan. So I suppose vote: Seprix.
Just wanted to LOL at this. Swan's always wrong as town, apparently. But I agree with this stuff. Again. Sigh.

The whole WW wagon is a load of nonsense. WW's play so far is completely normal for him. In fact the only thing to be said against it would be that it is too normal, but that isn't the case people are making.
Would've been nice if you had said this before. It's a not a case for him being town though. Maybe I should be wondering about a team here (I said wonder, don't jump on this!)

I don't know what kind of post this is. Is he always like this?
Well, kind of, but also not really. I mean Skumpy always likes to talk about himself, but here it feels off.
Thank god 110's over. Because now I can say: does my opening remind you more of 105, 110 or neither? I was distracted when this game began, if I were to answer my own question, I'd go with neither.

(can I call you SC?)

Sure.

And now I'm always going to read this as Santa Claus.

Santa's town. EXACTLY how I felt my first game. Talkative, not needing to hold back anything.

Because self-confident Raptor is new and different and fun. And helpful. Why are you voting him?

So the faust-DatSwan-WW is an interesting trio. Though Seprix is there too. My vote's going for somebody in this group, one way or another. I'm good where I am now on WW, agreeing with Raptor. I could see Seprix as scum except faust and WW are both voting there. We'll see where the wind blows, I'll wait for some more stuff.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2017, 10:52:18 pm »

I personally like my vote where it is. And for those who are wondering why I'm not quoting that much stuff, that's because there's nothing there at all. Get back to me Day 2 when we find out who was against who and roles start getting revealed.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2017, 11:48:34 pm »

I personally like my vote where it is. And for those who are wondering why I'm not quoting that much stuff, that's because there's nothing there at all. Get back to me Day 2 when we find out who was against who and roles start getting revealed.

Pretty sure someone said vets not scumhunting is scummy~!

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2017, 11:58:11 pm »

You're not new, but you are coming out of retirement. So I'll address you like a newbie, which I know you'll love:

While I agree (I too despise D1's, they never work) - this is a REALLY short game. Three strikes and we're out (baring fortunate night actions). Normally, I'd do the same as you, especially since I only have experience with 4 people here. But you have to make an attempt to read people. If everybody does the same as you, then we have no information if town is lynched, which is decidedly more likely (as evidenced by my wagon). And when town is lynched, scum can be both be off, both be on, or one scum off and one scum on, Diddle Diddle Dumpling, My Son John. There's not really any time to ease in and get comfortable. Then again, I could just be saying that because I was nearly killed an hour in so I was never comfortable.

Take my wagon: if you don't think I'm scum, then do you think it was Steve and somebody offwagon? If so, who?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2017, 12:20:55 am »

I like the WW/Faust/Stevan scum!team idea.

Because I believe there was scum on Skumpy’s wagon. Faust could of started it. WW jumped on putting him at L-1 and then when Stevan got online he voted him seeing the rest of his team there putting it back at L-1.

I just can’t imgine a town driven wagon that quick into day 1.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2017, 12:23:12 am »

@stevan what are your reads? I’m especially curious of your opinion on WW and Faust

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2017, 12:53:59 am »

Because I believe there was scum on Skumpy’s wagon. Faust could of started it. WW jumped on putting him at L-1 and then when Stevan got online he voted him seeing the rest of his team there putting it back at L-1.

Why do you think scum is more trigger-happy than town on D1?

Also, you know that there are 2 scum, right?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2017, 12:55:23 am »

On the plus side, everyone now has a scum!Skumpy game to compare against (M110), so read D1 there and see if you can spot similarities.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2017, 12:56:26 am »

So the faust-DatSwan-WW is an interesting trio. Though Seprix is there too. My vote's going for somebody in this group, one way or another. I'm good where I am now on WW, agreeing with Raptor. I could see Seprix as scum except faust and WW are both voting there. We'll see where the wind blows, I'll wait for some more stuff.
Always good to take out one of the talkative fellows, isn't it?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2017, 01:07:24 am »

Why do you think scum is more trigger-happy than town on D1?

Also, you know that there are 2 scum, right?

I did not... but that helps. TY

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2017, 01:23:26 am »

Are you also going to answer my other question?

stevanzzo

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2017, 01:29:43 am »

@stevan what are your reads? I’m especially curious of your opinion on WW and Faust

Not got an especially good read on anyone. Suspicious of Faust and Seprix though. But I'm generally suspicious of people on witch hunts so probably doesn't mean anything.

- We are men of action, lies do not become us.

Also, good to know about the 2 scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2017, 01:32:20 am »

Also, good to know about the 2 scum.
How is that helping you right now?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2017, 01:34:36 am »

Fine. Vote: Seprix
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2017, 01:40:03 am »

Missed my last deadline, won't miss this one.. promise :P

Right now I still think Faust is a solid vote.

I would consider switching to SC, Seprix, WW, or Awaclus.

Maybe Raptor or Skumpy. Maybe. Although, TBH posts seem to be towny imo.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2017, 01:40:47 am »

I just added that up and its like 7 people. so obviously I think everyone is skum.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2017, 01:48:13 am »

I just added that up and its like 7 people. so obviously I think everyone is skum.
No, you apparently think stev is town.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2017, 02:05:30 am »

Are you also going to answer my other question?

I think that they may have seen their chance and tried to take it
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.