Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329443 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2625 on: December 17, 2015, 11:51:53 am »

Let's stop this, talking to someone 'I'm convinced is scum sin't doing anyone any good.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: December 17, 2015, 11:57:44 am »

Nice.

"This discussion is dragging town down. Let's move on and talk about other stuff. "

I like it.

Speaking of which, I do think lynching either teproc or myself will be useful. I mean, I have been man-crushing iguana and yuma all game. Unconvinced on egork (to the extent that I didn't lynch him when I had the chance), think RR is scum because that is what I do when people behave like he has.

I can at least do a reads list before I get lynched. For posterity, you know
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: December 17, 2015, 11:59:41 am »

Then we get results from faust and WW tomorrow, two NKs (because yuma obviously shoots). We should be fine. I have a feeling that this game is a mislynch first 2 days, then get all the scum back to back
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: December 17, 2015, 12:00:28 pm »

That being said, I think teproc is still scum, and lynching scum is better than lynching town.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: December 17, 2015, 12:01:16 pm »

I will be on leading up to the deadline, but probably not great access throughout the day while at work

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: December 17, 2015, 12:13:29 pm »

At this point, i'm available to answer questions and will get on any alternative wagon (though i think I've made my preferences rather clear in that matter). But really, I'm mostly going to shut up and let you guys figure it out. You will.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: December 17, 2015, 12:14:30 pm »

At this point, i'm available to answer questions and will get on any alternative wagon (though i think I've made my preferences rather clear in that matter). But really, I'm mostly going to shut up and let you guys figure it out. You will.
At what point would you claim?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: December 17, 2015, 12:15:26 pm »

I will decide wether or not to claim at L-1 with intent to hammer.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: December 17, 2015, 12:17:33 pm »

I will decide wether or not to claim at L-1 with intent to hammer.
What if the day is about to end and you have the most votes on you? Will you claim an hour before the deadline? 30 minutes?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: December 17, 2015, 12:18:47 pm »

I hadn't considered that. Deadline is tomorrow right ? Hopefully we can avoid that and get a lynch in today.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: December 17, 2015, 12:19:28 pm »

I hadn't considered that. Deadline is tomorrow right ? Hopefully we can avoid that and get a lynch in today.
Yes, the deadline is tomorrow at 3:00 AM forum time. I'll stay up for it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: December 17, 2015, 12:34:02 pm »

So it's really today. We should lych much earlier than deadline, because European people (me, EgorK, faust, Haddock) will be absent starting at 6-7 pm (midnight to 1 am here). I guess EgorK is a little later than us by a few hours.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: December 17, 2015, 12:42:45 pm »

No you wouldn't. You would say "well, Haddock is definitely more likely to flip scum than me" and vote Haddock.

I've been int hat situation before, and of course you don't start making up cases. That's terrible. HOw do you tell town apart from scum when town starts making up cases, that's insane.

Don't tell me what I wouldn't or wouldn't do.

Thanks.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: December 17, 2015, 12:44:29 pm »

I can't see anyone else voting for e at this point.  Shame, but there you go.

I will move to vote: Hydrad and I think everyone else on e should find somewhere else to put their vote too. 

As has been noted, deadline is closer than it looks thanks to timezones.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: December 17, 2015, 12:44:31 pm »

You wouldn't do a dishonest reread yuma, not as town. Or I hope you wouldn't, because that's insanely anti-town.

It wouldn't be a dishonest reread. It would be an attempt to find things that were scummy in X's play so that he got lynched and I didn't. Unless I was like a strictly negative utility role to town and knew, or believed, that he was a strong role I would try hard to get X lynched over me.

That is insanely pro-town to not get myself lynched when town and try to get someone else of unknown alignment lynched instead.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: December 17, 2015, 12:46:24 pm »

I suggest you reread Chocolate Factory, if that's the relevant game to you.

That was like 2 years ago. It holds no water anymore and your persistence in trying to continually reference it hurts your case more than it helps. Tell me something recent. Tell me something worth knowing about. Not a game only 3 people remember from two years ago.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 17, 2015, 12:47:32 pm »

I can't see anyone else voting for e at this point.  Shame, but there you go.

I will move to vote: Hydrad and I think everyone else on e should find somewhere else to put their vote too. 

As has been noted, deadline is closer than it looks thanks to timezones.

Hydrad is such a bad vote too!

If we want to start a quickwagon on someone... iguana would be my choice... or RR or I could just stay on Teproc. Those three are my choices though at this point.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: December 17, 2015, 12:49:45 pm »

No, Hydrad is scummy.  Yuma, I think your reads are janky.

RR I could go for.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 17, 2015, 12:52:56 pm »

RR I could go for.

My reads might be off, I will admit that (does that include my strongest town read on you?) But I think my logic is sound for why we shouldn't lynch Hydrad today with the information we have available. it is the same logic that I have been stating on waiting until we have more information about WW.

Am I totally off base on this. I keep posting my reasons and then no one contradicts them (or at least doesn't explain why it is wrong), but continue to vote for Hydrad...

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 17, 2015, 12:57:48 pm »

RR I could go for.

My reads might be off, I will admit that (does that include my strongest town read on you?)
But I think my logic is sound for why we shouldn't lynch Hydrad today with the information we have available. it is the same logic that I have been stating on waiting until we have more information about WW.

Am I totally off base on this. I keep posting my reasons and then no one contradicts them (or at least doesn't explain why it is wrong), but continue to vote for Hydrad...
WW's result?

Meh.  I thought there had been an argument about this.  I think it comes out close to null.

1) Hydrad could be a Mafia Goon or a Ninja.
2) WW redirection nonsense, including potentially nexus!Hydrad. (small possibility I admit).

So maybe it makes Hydrad ever so slightly more likely to be town, but not by much. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 17, 2015, 01:00:46 pm »

Nexus doesn't work as an explanation for both me and Faust, because I would have been directed to Silverspawn, but my target neither took nor received action.  So has to be a ninja kill in addition.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 17, 2015, 01:06:05 pm »

So maybe it makes Hydrad ever so slightly more likely to be town, but not by much.

And I say it is not ever so slightly.

Again. Assume three mafia. OK. Assume within those three mafia there are at least 2 PRs. OK. Assume that the players with PRs cannot also perform the NK. OK. I think those are all safe assumptions to make given the typical setup template that is often used.

So, if WW is telling the truth than this means that Hydrad does not have one of the potential two targeting actionable roles nor performed the night kill if he is the mafia goon and the other two performed night actions. So this means that Hydrad is mafia and he is not one of these roles: bus driver, redirector, nexus rolecop, roleblocker or night killer or any of the other possible townier roles that could be assigned to mafia.

Hydrad could have one of the PRs but it is a non-targeting role. Godfather or something. This is probably the main place that is a concern. But it isn't enough to want to make me dismiss the above.

Caveats. Hydrad is a ninja of one of the above roles. Ok that is possible. But so could the other 2 partners. I doubt more than one player is ninja. So that is a 1/3 chance even if a ninja exists.

Redirection. OK. But if WW is telling the truth would that mean that the player who redirected faust (necessary for WW to be telling the truth) have redirected involving Hydrad which would have allowed WW to see himself targeting Hydrad? Or something. This part gets confusing, but i dont' think it is possible unless there are TWO redirectors. So this part I am throwing out.

This isn't insignificant stuff.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 17, 2015, 01:07:43 pm »

Hmmm.

OK, you're right.  Sorry to be slow.

vote: RR

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 17, 2015, 01:12:47 pm »

I don't detect my own targeting, obviously.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 17, 2015, 01:27:41 pm »

I don't detect my own targeting, obviously.

Um... I think you do. Isn't this the same discussion we had in GOP mafia with Edmund and the Voyeur?

The Motion Detector, sometimes known as a variant of Reporter, is an informative role that can target a player at Night and learn if any actions were performed by or on that player, but not what the actions were or who else they involved.

If you target Hydrad you perform an action on him and should see that occurrence.

Actually wait... that would make the role completely and totally useless.... because then the role would always say "action performed" or whatever

going to keep this post in case other people decide to be really stupid like me...

The mafia scum wiki role should say "and learn if any actions other than this one were performed by or on that player" I think to remove confusion.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.