Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329443 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2100 on: December 14, 2015, 09:44:50 am »

I make it:

Ampharos (1): RR
EgorK (4): Teproc, Haddock, yuma, iguana
faust (1): egor
Haddock (1): WW
RR (1): e
WW (3): Ampharos, faust, hydrad

While I was reading for that, I noticed Teproc has been moving his vote a lot in the last few pages, only to put it back where it was not all that long ago.
Not that that's a problem.  I actually have no idea what to make of it, maybe he's genuine in trying to find a wagon that will form.

I like the egor wagon.  4 people on it, all of whom I think are on the town side of null.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: December 14, 2015, 09:48:35 am »

I like the egor wagon.  4 people on it, all of whom I think are on the town side of null.

I don't like it. And I am town. So it is bad. And any reasoning behind it is bad. Should I vote everything on the wagon? And if not, why are people voting for me even if they disagree? Argue with me, prove me wrong, I am more then sensible to reason. But this "ah, I disagree, so he is scummy, but I won't argue with him" is what makes this game so frustrating

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 14, 2015, 09:49:32 am »

Fwiw, e has gone back to null for me (from being one of my strongest scumreads! :( ).
It's his case on RR that does it.  If scum are looking for a mislynch to push, pushing RR is not the way to go.

I don't like it. And I am town. So it is bad. And any reasoning behind it is bad. Should I vote everything on the wagon? And if not, why are people voting for me even if they disagree? Argue with me, prove me wrong, I am more then sensible to reason. But this "ah, I disagree, so he is scummy, but I won't argue with him" is what makes this game so frustrating
Dude.  People were finding you scummy long before we disagreed with you about faust.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: December 14, 2015, 09:53:50 am »

You think this game hasn't had enough arguing ?

We've talked, and talked, and talked about what makes faust's claim believabe. Either it was planned, and why would scum!faust plan a claim on day 2 ? To lynch WW ? Sure he has plausible deniability if it goes wrong, but still seems weird. And if it wasn't planned, it's strange to claim a guilty result on someone. Claiming PR to live, sure, claiming a guilty result is not what scum usually does. Also, it's very clear to me that his claim was planned, everything fits together very well, and as I said, I don't see the scum!narrative for scum!faust planning to claim on day 2.

Also, I'm voting for you mostly because PoE, there's not much you can argue about that unfortunately.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: December 14, 2015, 09:56:51 am »

Dude.  People were finding you scummy long before we disagreed with you about faust.

Because of?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 14, 2015, 09:58:48 am »

Teproc, do you say that you find everyone else towny?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: December 14, 2015, 10:01:15 am »

Teproc, do you say that you find everyone else towny?

More or less. I did a PoE post recently, where my lynchpool got reduced to {Hydrad, 2.71828..., EgorK, Haddock}
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: December 14, 2015, 10:11:16 am »

Actually:

vote: Hydrad for today. 
I'm still on the Egor wagon in spirit, but I don't like that Hydrad has lurked so much, had really weak contributions and gotten away with it.
I will reread him at some point, but voting for him until I've done so.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: December 14, 2015, 10:24:01 am »

Had not yet time to reread, but:

- mass claim not seems like a good option. Benefit of probably get better feel if both faust and WW telling truth is not enough to out town PRs

- after some though I think I believe WW claim a bit more.

So Vote: faust

I can ask you the question noone so far could answer: Why does scum!me claim what I did in this scenario? It's an awful claim to make for scum.

To buy time, out possible PR or drive mislynch

Any way, the claim gets me lynched by D3 the latest... how is that worth it?

I have trouble believing this since you're trying to lynch me.  Tomorrow are you going to submit to getting lynched?  I somehow doubt it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: December 14, 2015, 10:24:50 am »

Does anyone actually not believe I targeted Hydrad?  Because that's absurd.

Yes, I don't believe that.

Why would you not believe it?

Because I have an investigative result that says otherwise.

But ... why would I breadcrumb Hydrad immediately into Day 2?  You honestly think I predicted this situation?

Others have said this. It is not a clear breadcrumb. You may have had other reasons to post it. Or maybe you decided to stick to this story early.

By the way, why did you claim anyway? You were reluctant at first and your claim does not give us a whole lot. You could simply have said "I did not target silver"

I claimed because your claim did not look like a fake one.  It seemed best to have all the information out there. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2110 on: December 14, 2015, 11:00:51 am »

Vote Count 2.7:

WW (3): Ampharos, faust, hydrad
egork (4): Haddock, yuma, iguanaiguana, Teproc
Ampharos (1): RR
faust (1): EgorK
RoadRunner (1): e
Haddock (1): WW

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day Two ends at 3:00 a.m. on December 19.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 14, 2015, 11:21:33 am »

Actually:

vote: Hydrad for today. 
I'm still on the Egor wagon in spirit, but I don't like that Hydrad has lurked so much, had really weak contributions and gotten away with it.
I will reread him at some point, but voting for him until I've done so.

^missed this vote

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 14, 2015, 11:31:57 am »

Yeah, RR isn't happening.

vote: haddock
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 14, 2015, 11:38:12 am »

I don't understand the case on Haddock.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 14, 2015, 11:38:35 am »

I have not really picked up on the whole case against egork. Maybe I am just not reading him carefully enough, but I mostly just disagree with him
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: December 14, 2015, 11:40:34 am »

I can't do a hood recap from my phone, but there are little things here and there. Like this last vote on hydrad. A pressure vote to get him to post more. Am easy vote, one that doesn't take too much effort and you won't really get in trouble for. A nice scum vote

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: December 14, 2015, 11:56:44 am »

Yeah, RR isn't happening.

Yay!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: December 14, 2015, 11:58:57 am »

I can't do a hood recap from my phone, but there are little things here and there.

Like this last vote on hydrad. A pressure vote to get him to post more. Am easy vote, one that doesn't take too much effort and you won't really get in trouble for. A nice scum vote

I'd love to hear your whole case when you get a chance.

But calling my Hydrad vote scummy is bullshit.  I'm essentially voting Egor, I've said this.  Voting Hydrad is a reminder I'm setting myself that I need to reread him.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: December 14, 2015, 12:00:32 pm »

That's not how voting works. If you want us to accept you as voting EgorK, vote EgorK. muddying accountability for your votes is compeltely anti-town, and it's the second time in this game you've done it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: December 14, 2015, 12:04:46 pm »

That's not how voting works. If you want us to accept you as voting EgorK, vote EgorK. muddying accountability for your votes is compeltely anti-town, and it's the second time in this game you've done it.
Get used to it.  You don't dictate how people behave with their votes.  I've seen other people do this with their votes and it's a useful tool.

Vote accountability only becomes a thing when a lynch has happened.  If Egor gets lynched and I haven't moved back to him, I promise you right now I will not be trying to get any kind of credit for it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: December 14, 2015, 12:06:46 pm »

Get used to it.  You don't dictate how people behave with their votes.  I've seen other people do this with their votes and it's a useful tool.

Vote accountability only becomes a thing when a lynch has happened.  If Egor gets lynched and I haven't moved back to him, I promise you right now I will not be trying to get any kind of credit for it.

I get to say I think it's anti-town. And votes count all the time. I remember a game (DWII I believe) where scum was found largely on the basis of a wagon that got to L-1 on one of them on D1 and how their votes ligned up. Your vote should always be on whoever you want to lynch. Setting votes as a remainder is not a thing, and I'm very curious who else has done it so I can berate them as well.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: December 14, 2015, 12:12:21 pm »

we can't control your vote. but we can vote for you. so there!

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: December 14, 2015, 12:14:55 pm »

I get to say I think it's anti-town...
Setting votes as a remainder is not a thing, and I'm very curious who else has done it so I can berate them as well.
OK, so put it another way.  I want pressure to be on both of them.  Noone is currently voting Hydrad, it may as well be me. 

I was trying to get across to e that a pressure vote on Hydrad is not scummy.  One of the ways in which it is not scummy is because I've been very clear that I want to be on the Egor wagon.

I could probably agree that the reminder thing was a bit stupid, and a dumb thing to say.  I wasn't saying that anyone had done THAT.  But I've definitely seen people say they want to vote someone but temporarily vote elsewhere to pressure lurkers.  Yuma did it this game I seem to remember.

I reiterate; this is only anti-town behaviour if I'm doing it intentionally to muddy the waters.  I'm not.  I've been very very clear.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: December 14, 2015, 12:15:42 pm »

Vote for me all you like, I'm not moving my vote back right now.  That's begging for some scum to pipe up with "he got called out and changed behaviour!  Scum!".

Let's not mislynch me today.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: December 14, 2015, 12:16:53 pm »

I could probably agree that the reminder thing was a bit stupid, and a dumb thing to say.  I wasn't saying that anyone had done THAT.  But I've definitely seen people say they want to vote someone but temporarily vote elsewhere to pressure lurkers.  Yuma did it this game I seem to remember.

No. I was stating that I wanted faust to claim first, which other people were voting him to try and get him to do. I stated that I wanted to lynch scum and vote for a scum read.

So in fact I was doing the complete opposite of you! Voting for my read and using my voice to pressure. That is townie.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.