Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329686 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2050 on: December 13, 2015, 06:48:31 pm »

I can understand people seeing me as scummy, but I am not the best lynch! Put your vote on WW or Faust or something.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2051 on: December 13, 2015, 06:52:50 pm »

well awaclus's lynch at worst gives us info on who has been defending him and stuff. So i think awaclus lynch here is ok also.

That's a pretty good summary of Hydrad this game. I encourage everyone to reread him. It doesn't take long. It's also not too mentally straining, because there's nothing there. And before you say "well that's just Hydrad hydrading" : no it's not. I believe that was the crux of my argument day 1 too, and it hasn't changed : town!Hydrad might not be the most invested town player ever, but he is much more productive than this.

Also, the reasons he gave here for voting WW :

OK I think I'll go with

Vote: WW

Redirecting from me to ss. doesn't really make sense at all for scum. I don't really see why they would do that.

The only way I see it working is if like scum wanted to kill ss but had a busdriver ability and swapped me with silver? I don't really see many other options.

This is wrong, we've adressed it and Hydrad doesn't care. Because I kind of suspect this game is full of town people arguing with each other (+ one active scum), and then two scum lurkers. Hydrad is it.

Ok, I like this lynch. Let's see if EgorK is better.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: December 13, 2015, 06:55:47 pm »

Coming from anyone else that would be crazy scummy. But its coming from RR. I could see him emulating his usual nonsense, I guess, but then why hasnt he done any omgusing yet? He would have learnt from last game that to emulate effectively he needs to omgus a bit.

PPE. Yeah I could get behind that. A scum!Hydrad might also support some redirection nonsense.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: December 13, 2015, 06:56:33 pm »

Coming from anyone else that would be crazy scummy. But its coming from RR. I could see him emulating his usual nonsense, I guess, but then why hasnt he done any omgusing yet? He would have learnt from last game that to emulate effectively he needs to omgus a bit.

PPE. Yeah I could get behind that. A scum!Hydrad might also support some redirection nonsense.
I'm done OMGUSing. I said that in HP, and that was the truth.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: December 13, 2015, 07:06:40 pm »

So, reread EgorK. Meh. I don't know, he hasn't given me any reason to think he's town, but he's not particularly scummy here. That makes him an ok lynch in his context, but I definitely like Hydrad better.

vote: Hydrad

Will take another look at e and probably Haddock tomorrow, maybe.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: December 13, 2015, 08:10:49 pm »

Others should vote for teproc. Latest posts increasing my scum read. Has he had any wagon attention this game? I don't remember any... Not that that is a reason to vote, but mostly for future information purposes

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 13, 2015, 08:12:33 pm »

Pro tip : if you don't want yuma to suspect you : don't disagree with him, and never do anything else than theory talk.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 13, 2015, 08:22:51 pm »

Pro tip : if you don't want yuma to suspect you : don't disagree with him, and never do anything else than theory talk.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 13, 2015, 10:09:27 pm »

I mean... Hydrad is far and away better than lynching 2.7. But the reasons Teproc gives seem like he went searching for reasons to find hydrad scummy (and forced himself to find some) rather than looking to see if anything hydrad did was scummy.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 14, 2015, 01:52:53 am »

Does anyone actually not believe I targeted Hydrad?  Because that's absurd.

Yes, I don't believe that.

Why would you not believe it?

Because I have an investigative result that says otherwise.

But ... why would I breadcrumb Hydrad immediately into Day 2?  You honestly think I predicted this situation?

Others have said this. It is not a clear breadcrumb. You may have had other reasons to post it. Or maybe you decided to stick to this story early.

By the way, why did you claim anyway? You were reluctant at first and your claim does not give us a whole lot. You could simply have said "I did not target silver"
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 14, 2015, 01:57:46 am »

The other likely option *gasp* is that faust is scum.  I mean, if this is the case then yeah, bold fake claim.  But WW's story just rings really true to me.  And weakened PRs seem like a thing.  I mean, active tree-stump was a role.  I could totally see town having more PRs, but weakened.  Regular tracker is obviously clearly not ruled out, but this is an ashersky game and he is very creative with roles.  Look at Yuma's power.  It is a modified vigilante to make it weaker than a regular vigilante.

"Ninja Tracker" is actually an enhanced role rather than a weakened role.  Sure, treestump was enhanced, but seriously.  Its a treestump.  It has to be enhanced to be made a real role right from the start in a serious game.  I mean, flavor totally fits ninja tracker, but does the role fit what we have seen in this game so far?  Not really.

So this theory... it does not fit together. Have have one weakened role (yuma), one standard role (WW) and me. I don't even see how "Ninja Tracker" is better than Tracker for town. It is worse when there are other watching/tracking roles present. So you could just as well argue that I have a weakened role...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 14, 2015, 01:58:59 am »

Had not yet time to reread, but:

- mass claim not seems like a good option. Benefit of probably get better feel if both faust and WW telling truth is not enough to out town PRs

- after some though I think I believe WW claim a bit more.

So Vote: faust

I can ask you the question noone so far could answer: Why does scum!me claim what I did in this scenario? It's an awful claim to make for scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 14, 2015, 02:00:49 am »

So, reread EgorK. Meh. I don't know, he hasn't given me any reason to think he's town, but he's not particularly scummy here. That makes him an ok lynch in his context, but I definitely like Hydrad better.

Uh. So you believe WW is town and you believe that Hydrad is a good lynch? How do these two go together?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 14, 2015, 02:03:22 am »

Hello, my name is Teproc and I believe investigative roles are extremely important. I also like to completely ignore any results they give.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: December 14, 2015, 02:10:09 am »

I think it is extremely likely that scum would have used redirection power against you.  You can be very dangerous for scum, especially if you have a PR.  By rerouting whatever ability that you may or may not have they are sure to negate any influence you have.

Oh, and this... so they relay me to the killing scum? This is extremely dangerous because if I have an investigative role, I will push my target (which might be scum). If I have a blocking role, I will stop the night kill. I don't see scum doing this.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 14, 2015, 02:33:51 am »

- mass claim not seems like a good option. Benefit of probably get better feel if both faust and WW telling truth is not enough to out town PRs

I can ask you the question noone so far could answer: Why does scum!me claim what I did in this scenario? It's an awful claim to make for scum.

To buy time, out possible PR or drive mislynch

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 14, 2015, 03:37:26 am »

still liking faust here.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 14, 2015, 07:45:46 am »

Any way, the claim gets me lynched by D3 the latest... how is that worth it?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 14, 2015, 07:47:00 am »

Uh. So you believe WW is town and you believe that Hydrad is a good lynch? How do these two go together?

I guess WW's result makes Hydrad a bit more likely to be town. Not by that much, but still. Ok.

vote: 2.7

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 14, 2015, 07:47:34 am »

I mean... Hydrad is far and away better than lynching 2.7. But the reasons Teproc gives seem like he went searching for reasons to find hydrad scummy (and forced himself to find some) rather than looking to see if anything hydrad did was scummy.

You do realize I had the exact same arguments on day 1 and you didn't bat an eye ? Or maybe you did and I don't remember it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: December 14, 2015, 07:53:04 am »

You do realize I had the exact same arguments on day 1 and you didn't bat an eye ? Or maybe you did and I don't remember it.

I don't. Not sure why that is relevant though. If you did something scummy earlier in the game, you are still scummy today for doing the same thing?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 14, 2015, 07:54:55 am »

I don't. Not sure why that is relevant though. If you did something scummy earlier in the game, you are still scummy today for doing the same thing?

You're saying I was looking for reasons to find Hydrad scummy. There's a scum narrative for that now, because I'd be trying to distract from the main wagons right ? That argument makes a lot less sense if I had those same arguments earlier. You might not like my read/agree with it, but there's nothing fake about it.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: December 14, 2015, 08:28:32 am »

Considering you were at L-2 and likely lynch candidate? Totally. I mean, even if we lynch you today scum|you achieved town PR outing

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: December 14, 2015, 08:32:27 am »

Considering you were at L-2 and likely lynch candidate? Totally. I mean, even if we lynch you today scum|you achieved town PR outing

In that scenario. Scum faust just has to claim that he is a tracker and then have a fake absent result on someone (SS for example, or me). He doesn't have to fake a scummy result. That just isn't necessary for his survival--which is what scum wants.

If faust claimed tracker and to have tracked me or ss... I think most people would have backed off immediately.

So this argument doesnt' work and I don't understand why people are voting for faust.... He could be lying, but time will certainly tell that a lot better than what we have now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: December 14, 2015, 08:35:17 am »

You're saying I was looking for reasons to find Hydrad scummy. There's a scum narrative for that now, because I'd be trying to distract from the main wagons right ? That argument makes a lot less sense if I had those same arguments earlier. You might not like my read/agree with it, but there's nothing fake about it.

It still works because the narrative earlier is the same as today, desire to drive a mislynch if you are scum and hydrad is town. The context of today doesn't really matter as much.

I think you are kinda likely to be scum. That by definition means your read is fake. If you aren't well then I disagree with it and it isn't fake. But I don't know which one that is.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 16 queries.