Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 192382 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D4)
« Reply #1600 on: August 07, 2016, 11:43:32 am »

teamlyle hasn't posted on this Day so far.

Request prod on teamlyle

Also, request clarification on how the forum downtime affects our deadlines.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 07, 2016, 12:15:42 pm »

teamlyle hasn't posted on this Day so far.

Request prod on teamlyle

Also, request clarification on how the forum downtime affects our deadlines.

I'll send the prod at the end of the day, because of the downtime. I'll add an extra day to the deadline. Because we skipped Friday and Saturday, which are generally low activity anyway, I only want to add one day.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 07, 2016, 03:38:17 pm »

It's back!

I wrote this response before the forum went down:

From the wiki, Hiro (Seprix) is clearly the one with the change the past and future ability, while Isaac just sees the future.  I want to vote faust.  Vote count please.
So your story is that I am scum, killed Seprix, got his ability and then claimed to have it to... what? Get myself lynched?

I see the future, yes. So say we are in night 2. I "see" how the "future" is turning out (by us actually playing D3), then (flavor!me still being in N2) I can do something to change what I saw. Consequently, a different future happens.

If you're going to vote me for this over a pair that (from your perspective especially!) is guaranteed to have scum among them, then shame on you!

If you read the wiki on Hiro, his power sounds exactly like what you described, and we had a player flavor named Hiro, with flavor role master of time and space, and we likely have an sk with the ability to steal powers. I wouldn't expect you to make such an obvious mistake, but these things happen. Could be mod error, I guess, but like you say that's too many assumptions.
vote: faust

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 07, 2016, 04:04:39 pm »

If you read the wiki on Hiro, his power sounds exactly like what you described, and we had a player flavor named Hiro, with flavor role master of time and space, and we likely have an sk with the ability to steal powers. I wouldn't expect you to make such an obvious mistake, but these things happen. Could be mod error, I guess, but like you say that's too many assumptions.

I have tackle this with some detail I think, because there's just so much wrong with this thinking.

1. I read the stuff on the wiki. Basically you're saying that because my role is time-travelling, it has to be Hiro's power... am I getting that right? Or is there something specific to just travelling to the night before, or to roleblocking, that links to the character in any way? I don't see anything like that. So you say that there can only be one time-travelling role in this game? I guess it's possible, but it seems to not correlate with the amount of rule space given to time travel shenenigans.

2. What, in your opinion, would be a more faithful adaption of my character's powers?

3. You seem to suggest that I have to be a Serial Killer. Any reason why? We only have one unexplained death so far; I don't know why we should even have a SK. There are a number of other option that could explain an additional death.

4. Even if you think that this is incriminating, basing your vote upon a single piece of evidence on D4 is criminally careless.

5. Again, are you just going to ignore the Haddock/J Reggie situation? Why do you think that is a good idea?

6. Last but not least, I softclaimed a time-travelling role in my first post:
Save the Roadrunner, save the town!

...that joke used up all the Heroes knowledge I possess.
How could I do that if your theory was correct?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 07, 2016, 04:09:34 pm »

That "softclaimed" in my last point should mean "breadcrumbed". Obviously it wasn't a softclaim.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: August 07, 2016, 04:12:39 pm »

I always rather thought of EFHW is town, but this poit in the game is the obvious time for scum to go SK hunt if they know there is one... just don't think scum would be quite so blatant about it. Then again, it would be kinda hard to get the attention off Haddock/J Reggie otherwise. Well, damn, and here I thought I could comfortably place the other scum among Cellovix/iguana.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 07, 2016, 05:16:24 pm »

I have tackle this with some detail I think, because there's just so much wrong with this thinking.

1. I read the stuff on the wiki. Basically you're saying that because my role is time-travelling, it has to be Hiro's power... am I getting that right? Or is there something specific to just travelling to the night before, or to roleblocking, that links to the character in any way? I don't see anything like that. So you say that there can only be one time-travelling role in this game? I guess it's possible, but it seems to not correlate with the amount of rule space given to time travel shenenigans.

2. What, in your opinion, would be a more faithful adaption of my character's powers?

3. You seem to suggest that I have to be a Serial Killer. Any reason why? We only have one unexplained death so far; I don't know why we should even have a SK. There are a number of other option that could explain an additional death.

4. Even if you think that this is incriminating, basing your vote upon a single piece of evidence on D4 is criminally careless.

5. Again, are you just going to ignore the Haddock/J Reggie situation? Why do you think that is a good idea?

6. Last but not least, I softclaimed a time-travelling role in my first post:
Save the Roadrunner, save the town!

...that joke used up all the Heroes knowledge I possess.
How could I do that if your theory was correct?
1. Yes. Hiro actually time travels and makes changes in other time frames, while Isaac remains in the present but can see the future, which is referred to as vision painting - your flavor role, consistent with your flavor name, is Vision Painter. So your flavor name matches your flavor role name, but the power you described does not match either.

2. I can't think of a great way to adapt Isaac's powers to the game.

3. Ok, I think you are Sylar.  He is described as a serial killer on wikipedia. Maybe you're scum.  That would explain your defense of Haddock.

4. I disagree that it is criminally careless to take note of a glaring contradiction and act accordingly. I am also basing it on my disagreeing with you on almost every point this game.

5. Killing Sylar is a very high priority, I think.

6. How is that a breadcrumb?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 07, 2016, 05:39:31 pm »

About to start putting together a case on Reggie. 

Meantime:
your flavor name matches your flavor role name, but the power you described does not match either.

Disagree.  Faust's explanation actually makes perfect sense.  We are acting out whatshisface's vision by doing Day N+1 (we are "in the future") and he sees this and can change it.

With you here.  Not seeing the breadcrumb.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 07, 2016, 05:43:02 pm »

I have to admit playing with flavor I don't really know was kinda clumsy... but isn't that phrase used by some time-travelling guy on Heroes? So the idea was to breadcrumb time-travelling.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1609 on: August 07, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »

Hey Jan, if you're there could you give me some background on my flavor role?
J Reggie, can you tell us your thinking here? Were you planning to claim so he could tell you more?  Why not just look up your flavor name on the internet?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 07, 2016, 05:46:29 pm »

I have to admit playing with flavor I don't really know was kinda clumsy... but isn't that phrase used by some time-travelling guy on Heroes? So the idea was to breadcrumb time-travelling.
Huh.  Yeah Hiro says it.  Slightly tenuous, since it's really quite a famous line from the show in general so you might have just gone and said it. 
But the fact that you remembered having said that suggests intentionality...
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 07, 2016, 05:51:28 pm »

So your flavor name matches your flavor role name, but the power you described does not match either.

2. I can't think of a great way to adapt Isaac's powers to the game.
So this Hiro would be able to time-travel to any time they wish, right? Well I cannot. Which I stated when I first claimed. So that doesn't fit that flavor. And again, you imply that there can only be one time-travelling role in the game for god knows what reason.

You say my role doesn't fit my flavor when I already explained it how it does (which Haddock kindly repeated) and you also can't offer another way my character would be incorporated into the game. I honestly don't understand what the fuss is all about and how you seem to be so sure of this that you're willing to bet the game on it.

I am also basing it on my disagreeing with you on almost every point this game.
Almost every = 2, right? The Haddock/JR situation and Cellovix. Or are there any other points of disagreement between us that I am unaware of?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1612 on: August 07, 2016, 07:14:24 pm »

Hey Jan, if you're there could you give me some background on my flavor role?
J Reggie, can you tell us your thinking here? Were you planning to claim so he could tell you more?  Why not just look up your flavor name on the internet?

If he and teamlyle were both scum, Jan could have known my flavor and I would have caught them both. It was kind of dumb though.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 07, 2016, 07:15:30 pm »

So, Reggie.

My first point is a BIG stretch.  But he's insanely helpful early game.  Like, way way too helpful.  More than seems natural.  He might just be a super nice guy.   Or he might be grabbing for town points.

First point of note:

Hey, let's try something along the lines of a mass claim. Don't claim your time, since that gives scum an idea of whom they should kill. Only claim your alignment. That way, we'll know who the mafia are.

I'll start. I'm town.

Again, I'm not clearing him all game.

I most likely am.
The jokey idea about everyone claiming alignment is all well and fine but then he actually does it.  Is he actually trying to get people to all say "I'm town" one after the other?  That looks like an attempt at distracting town.

Decides to clear Cron for the whole game.  Well, eh.  Cron was town, but still - given what we had, not sure this was towny.  Cron's weird thing was, like, totally null - and scum like to have reasons for their tendency to give out too many townreads.

Hey, let's try something along the lines of a mass claim.

I'll start. I'm town.

vote: J Reggie
Nice to know my vote is in the right place.
A bad response to a not-entirely unreasonable vote from Seprix.

It wasn't meant to block discussion. It made more discussion. It led to people having actual reads on other people. Obviously I don't think actually doing it is a good idea, bit the way people reacted to the suggestion can be telling.
Nyeh.  Weeeeeaaaakkkkk.

I read about my character and I am apparently known for duck hunting a certain someone.

So, uh, Vote: Cellovix I guess?

It's the flavorful thing to do.

So without looking this up, I'm going to analyze it. It's a soft flavor claim. That means the flavor is probably more likely to be town than scum. So the obvious thing to think is that ii is town. But keep in mind scum are often given fake flavor claims, and might want to use them in this way to make people think they're town. So I feel like this post points to ii being scum. vote: ii

I'm skimming and already disappointed at how much information is being handed out to scum.

Eh, I've only handed out information that I don't think is useful to scum. Or have I?
This is a scummy post.  The reasons for the ii vote are really weak and awful.  II is clearly just enjoying the flavour - why jump on this?

The final sentence is awful.

At this point it's more of a gut feeling than anything, but my early gut reads in Sherlock were right (that the was scum between you and ADK, and that Teproc was scum). So I'm not setting anything in stone but I'm on the lookout.
Translation: hedgety hedgety hedge hedge.

So I did a quick reread of RR (since he's first on the list) and realized I missed the whole softclaim thing. RR tends to be more excited about claims when he's scum, so I could see a vote: rr. But that's not final.

Also RR, I do hope the link in your signature is a joke.
Terrible vote on a towny player.
Then, having started the wagon, he hops off it to look better later:
I go to the zoo then I'm basically lynched.

Gkrieg gave me an extension on my action, I had until that Friday.
You know what, I'm willing to believe this. I'll unvote for now.
I mean, he was voting RR for other supposed reasons before he revoted him for the action nonsense.  This is not a good reason to unvote.

Then the Jan wagon starts up, and lo-and-behold:
I just realized something else. RR has claimed rolecop. We've been theorising that scum has the power to steal people's powers when they kill. WE DON'T WANT SCUM TO HAVE THIS POWERFUL OF A ROLECOP POWER. Therefore, I propose that we lynch RR now. If he flips town rolecop, we lynch Jan tomorrow. If he flips scum or not a rolecop, we leave Jan alone. This way, we get the info we need without giving scum the rolecop power.

vote: RR. What do people think?

Eventually he moves his vote to Seprix when the RR wagon doesn't reach a lynch, and is still there when we lynch Jan.

I shall start leading now.

Seprix is off the table for today.

faust is a suspect. As is the Seprix wagon, i.e. Cron, JReggie, and fontisian. We should probably lynch among those.

"One of my partners was lynched already. Let's kill everyone who suspected my other partner. "
OMGUS on a now-conf!towny.

He pushes faust early on D2, for not-very-good reasons.  faust's D1 play was pretty towny, and included being on the Jan wagon, which ironically Reggie tries to paint as a bad thing.  I get that he's trying to say faust might be bussing, but still.
Not knowing faust's alignment it's difficult to know what to take from this.

This whole interaction isn't very nice:
There is some information that might be good to share for me, but... well, I would really prefer to talk to someone with flavor knowledge first.

http://heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes_Wiki

Ask away.

I know there's a wiki, and I read it, but I didn't get anything conclusive from it unfortunately. Do you know more or are you just snarky?

I'm just snarky. Sorry, I didn't know if it would have occurred to you to check the wiki.
and clashes massively with his earlier super-helpful play.

This
this is weird, but since it's about claim, I guess we're not supposed to get it.

Right now I'd like to lynch J Reggie... or if not faust or maybe iguana.
:(
I'm really that scummy?
I could maybe say is AtE.  Bit of a stretch maybe.

OK now this:
So in response to Faust about why I targeted who I targeted: I targeted teamlyle because he's new and might slip up as scum. I targeted haddock because I found him towny and didn't think he would die.

I asked Jan if he knew my flavor because that would out him and teamlyle as scum, and it's fishy that the horn rimmed glasses thing referred to me, but I think teamlyle is town so whatevs.

To Faust: I tried to start off D1 with a joking attitude and keep a high profile. I then was more carefree with my cases and reads, such as the one on ii that everyone hated. I was trying to be scummy enough that I wouldn't get NK'd before I used my second power but towny enough so I wouldn't get lynched. I obviously failed on the second part.

So that's where my thoughts are at. I actually think a fontisian wagon is a great idea here. In case I'm not already voting her, vote: fontisian.
So, lots of other things - and then a fonti vote out of nowhere without explanation?  Huh?

Eventually we get to this:
I'm going to go with my conscience and vote: Faust.
which takes ii from L-1 to a 4/3 situation of ii/faust.  I think without this vote change the nightmare at the end of that day would never have happened.  Bad.

The next thing of real significance is this:

Ok, I really need to claim. My one-shot ability was to learn who everyone in my neighborhood targeted since the beginning of the game. I don't know who targeted whom, just a list of people that have been targeted by the people in my neighborhood. One of those is Faust, whom ehfw has claimed to have targeted.

The other three are RR, cron, and Seprix. This leads me to believe that someone in my neighborhood is scum, and I think that someone is Haddock.

vote: haddock.
I've already commented on how insanely convenient this claim is. 

Gonna stop the read/case here since I'm tired and everything else has probably been discussed enough recently.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 07, 2016, 08:54:39 pm »

So is there a contradiction in my accusing faust of being SK and Haddock of being scum?  If faust is SK, he would be scumhunting along with town, and would not lie to protect Haddock. I guess he also wouldn't expose his stolen power just to clear him.

And if I am right that faust is Sylar but they are both scum, then I shouldn't be relying on flavor for clues because Sylar should be a serial killer. 

So unvote.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 07, 2016, 08:57:08 pm »

So, Reggie.

My first point is a BIG stretch.  But he's insanely helpful early game.  Like, way way too helpful.  More than seems natural.  He might just be a super nice guy.   Or he might be grabbing for town points.

First point of note:

Hey, let's try something along the lines of a mass claim. Don't claim your time, since that gives scum an idea of whom they should kill. Only claim your alignment. That way, we'll know who the mafia are.

I'll start. I'm town.

Again, I'm not clearing him all game.

I most likely am.
The jokey idea about everyone claiming alignment is all well and fine but then he actually does it.  Is he actually trying to get people to all say "I'm town" one after the other?  That looks like an attempt at distracting town.

Decides to clear Cron for the whole game.  Well, eh.  Cron was town, but still - given what we had, not sure this was towny.  Cron's weird thing was, like, totally null - and scum like to have reasons for their tendency to give out too many townreads.

I think it was teamlyle who was being cleared here, not Cron.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 07, 2016, 09:12:21 pm »

Haddock's reread of J Reggie is pretty clearly an attempt to make everything look scummy rather than a balanced look.  I can see where a balanced look could be difficult, but the case doesn't really help Haddock.

One point I did note as well, though - J Reggie, why didn't you vote for Jan?

Wondering what to make of this post by faust. faust, what did you mean about voting Jan being the wrong choice?

I can kinda think of a flavour reason for it.  It's a bit of a stretch.

But let's get real.  We're lynching either RR or Jan here, and that seems like an easy enough choice to me.
vote: Jan

It is an easy enough choice. But you made the wrong one still.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 07, 2016, 10:12:25 pm »

Sorry for my absence! I typed up a post but then the forums went down after I hit submit :(

Anyway I'm going to vote: faust because he's probably a better bet than either Haddock or J Reggie. His emotional post where he said he was going to regret rejoining forum mafia seems so out of place especially for a player who was more logical earlier.
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 07, 2016, 10:46:28 pm »

Sorry for my absence! I typed up a post but then the forums went down after I hit submit :(
You broke the forum!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 07, 2016, 10:48:24 pm »

Vote: Faust is totally fine with me.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: August 07, 2016, 10:50:09 pm »

Faust, Haddock, EFHW all read scummy to me right now, in that order, with Faust and Haddock being the only two I'm interested in voting today.

EFHW's bad waffling in that recent post is what pushed her up.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1621 on: August 07, 2016, 11:50:57 pm »

J Reggie, why didn't you vote for Jan?

I guess because I didn't think he was scum?  I don't know.  I'm not perfect.  D1 is always hard to have good reads on.  But now I'm much more sure that Haddock and Faust are scum, especially after Haddock's bogus reread of me. 

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1622 on: August 07, 2016, 11:55:21 pm »

OK Haddock, I'll be nice to you.  If you will vote:EFHW, then you might be town.  Otherwise, you're 100% conf!scum, no turning back.  Think about this one. 

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 08, 2016, 01:29:51 am »

OK Haddock, I'll be nice to you.  If you will vote:EFHW, then you might be town.  Otherwise, you're 100% conf!scum, no turning back.  Think about this one. 

EFHW claimed to target Faust though. So for you to be town, Haddock to be town, and Lyle to be town, it means EFHW targeted all of the kills, plus Faust... despite the tracker confirming EFHW did not target anyone on night one.

I don't think it's mechanically possible for you and Haddock to both be town, unless Lyle is scum.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 08, 2016, 03:55:17 am »

Anyway I'm going to vote: faust because he's probably a better bet than either Haddock or J Reggie. His emotional post where he said he was going to regret rejoining forum mafia seems so out of place especially for a player who was more logical earlier.
I can be logical and emotional at the same time.

Why? Why on earth do you think I have a greater than 50% chance of being scum? Please tell me.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 16 queries.