Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M103: fleetwood mac (that's all for everyone)  (Read 159746 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M103: fleetwood mac (Day 1)
« Reply #750 on: July 09, 2017, 05:33:22 am »

I would rather vote vote for faust than e,  but still prefer reggie to both.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 09, 2017, 07:32:30 am »

Well I like the Roadrunner lynch a lot better after that awful reads list. Faust showing a pretty striking parallel from scum!runner convinces me that Faust is scum who has found another scum.
Well I guess that's something.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 09, 2017, 07:35:07 am »

Faust has this series of 6 posts that are coming across as half joking, half serious, and half townie.  Which makes me 150% more confident than I was before that he is scum.  But if I start everyone at 50/50 then he is is still only at 75% scum.  Either way, growing more suspicious.
I would usually start rambling about how it shouldn't start at 50/50, but in this setup it's actually not too far off.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 09, 2017, 07:37:20 am »

I still like the faust lynch.  Any squirming at all is scummy from faust.  Town!faust never squirms.  This game he's squirmed a little.

I think gkrieg has said the same thing in different words.
Not sure what squirming means in this context, but i don't think that's an accurate description of my play. Can you provide an example of town!me close to lynch that demonstrates this?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 09, 2017, 07:40:39 am »

We have 3 wagons right now.

faust - would lynch, but really don't prefer to

RR - don't really want to lynch

J Reggie - want to lynch, best option of the three
Or option 4: you Vote: 2.71
We can but try.
Vote: e
Joseph and Jake are townie but probably misguided.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 09, 2017, 07:41:37 am »

I would rather vote vote for faust than e,  but still prefer reggie to both.

RR doesn't exist as a viable lynch option for you?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 09, 2017, 07:45:45 am »

Faust has this series of 6 posts that are coming across as half joking, half serious, and half townie.  Which makes me 150% more confident than I was before that he is scum.  But if I start everyone at 50/50 then he is is still only at 75% scum.  Either way, growing more suspicious.

I looked at this. i don't know why my "half townie" posts are scummy. I guess I need to post full townie posts in order to convince you?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 09, 2017, 07:54:28 am »

Vote count 1.7

faust (4): gkrieg13, ashersky, The_Wine_Merchant, Roadrunner7671
Roadrunner7671 (3): faust, Robz888, iguanaiguana
Robz888 (1): Joseph2302
gkrieg13 (1): J Reggie
J Reggie (3): Teproc, Eevee, 2.71828...

not voting (1) JaketheBaseballGod22

RR: (6) faust, 2.7, TWM, Joseph, ashersky, gkrieg

Comparing the current votes against the earlier L-1 wagon on RR is interesting. Apparently I am the only one still voting. It's interesting that TWM was originally on there when he now makes such a strong stance that RR is town. The majority of this RR wagon has since moved to me.

What this means it that it will be hard for me to push through an RR lynch today. I mean the people that have previously voted RR are now voting for me so they won't exactly trust me when I tell them to move back.

Anyway, it should be obvious the the wagon on me is the worst. Even if I was scum, I'd still be helpful in finding scum. RR and J Reggie did not show much intent to scumhunt. This also fits with my read on Teproc - scummy but we shouldn't lynch - which is, might I add, a supremely townie position to take, so you should all townread me.

I think this is how Faust is when he is voted for as scum. His post about RR is true, and I'm still surprised the earlier push of RR didn't go through, but I almost want to lynch Faust more today.  That being said, he is doing more for us than RR ever will.
gkrieg saying he "almost" wants to lynch me more is slightly irritating given that at the point he is actually voting for me.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 09, 2017, 08:27:36 am »

Vote count 1.7

faust (4): gkrieg13, ashersky, The_Wine_Merchant, Roadrunner7671
Roadrunner7671 (3): faust, Robz888, iguanaiguana
Robz888 (1): Joseph2302
gkrieg13 (1): J Reggie
J Reggie (3): Teproc, Eevee, 2.71828...

not voting (1) JaketheBaseballGod22

RR: (6) faust, 2.7, TWM, Joseph, ashersky, gkrieg

Comparing the current votes against the earlier L-1 wagon on RR is interesting. Apparently I am the only one still voting. It's interesting that TWM was originally on there when he now makes such a strong stance that RR is town. The majority of this RR wagon has since moved to me.

What this means it that it will be hard for me to push through an RR lynch today. I mean the people that have previously voted RR are now voting for me so they won't exactly trust me when I tell them to move back.

Anyway, it should be obvious the the wagon on me is the worst. Even if I was scum, I'd still be helpful in finding scum. RR and J Reggie did not show much intent to scumhunt. This also fits with my read on Teproc - scummy but we shouldn't lynch - which is, might I add, a supremely townie position to take, so you should all townread me.

I think this is how Faust is when he is voted for as scum. His post about RR is true, and I'm still surprised the earlier push of RR didn't go through, but I almost want to lynch Faust more today.  That being said, he is doing more for us than RR ever will.
gkrieg saying he "almost" wants to lynch me more is slightly irritating given that at the point he is actually voting for me.
Actually, this is very interesting. Looks like more than enough people have voted for RR today that if they went back to him, he could get lynched.

Seeing as the e wagon was a non-starter, lets go Vote: RR
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 09, 2017, 08:40:52 am »

Don't get distracted by scum!Faust saying we can't push through the Roadrunner lynch. We can do it.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 09, 2017, 08:43:20 am »

Don't get distracted by scum!Faust saying we can't push through the Roadrunner lynch. We can do it.

What is your case on rr? His posts have felt more like classic "mislynch rr" posts more than scum posts. When I want posting too much Arrington to the game yeah, I thought they were scummy. Reading the game altogether as a whole, not so much
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 09, 2017, 08:50:42 am »

I looked at this. i don't know why my "half townie" posts are scummy. I guess I need to post full townie posts in order to convince you?

That would help. But in all seriousness, "half-townie" was meant to say more that individually each of those posts can be looked at and given a townie enough rating, but I just got the internal gut scum after reading them. So no real "case" per se, but gut.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 09, 2017, 08:51:26 am »

I Didn't want to vote RR until this post:

[Reads list]

The rest of his stuff looks null to me. This looks scummy. He's posting a reads list but not giving any real reads so that later you aren't able to find his partner or partners on it. On D1 I wouldn't expect more than one scummy post from a lurky player.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 09, 2017, 08:52:33 am »

faust: what do you think of J Reggie vs RR. Are you on whichever makes it less likely that you get lynched or the one you think is more scum?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 09, 2017, 09:01:44 am »

I Didn't want to vote RR until this post:

[Reads list]

The rest of his stuff looks null to me. This looks scummy. He's posting a reads list but not giving any real reads so that later you aren't able to find his partner or partners on it. On D1 I wouldn't expect more than one scummy post from a lurky player.

What are your expectations for "real reads"? Those reads look real enough to me. 

e!Tranlation:
band members:
1. iguana- town
3. 2.71828...- scum
4. The_Wine_Merchant-town
5. Joseph2302- slightly scum
6. Robz888- null. Would lynch
7. Eevee- null. Would lynch
8. gkrieg13- null
9. Teproc- town
10. J Reggie- slightly scum
11. JaketheBaseballGod22- scum
12. faust- scum
13. ashersky- null

5 on the scummier side, 4 null, 3 stronger town reads, and reading himself as town. Seems like a pretty decent D1 reads list. Starting the reads like he did is just rr!indicative not scum!indicative. Not everyone is as absurdly confident as I am in my reads (no matter how wrong they might be)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 09, 2017, 09:07:35 am »

11 hours to go. I should be around at deadline

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 09, 2017, 09:13:03 am »

There are more problems with the list. His townreads are only the safest townreads:  me, Teproc have been the most widely townread players.

His read on TWM as 'actually slightly scummy' comes straight after I made a case on him and failed to start a wagon - so it looks a little parroty.
His read on Robz is also just a summary of the base consensus opinion.

I guess I believe that as town RR forms his own opinions but as scum he may feel tempted to mimic the already stated opinions of others. So it's the status quo aspect of the reads list I don't like.

Plus Faust just pointed out how he made a list like this in his last scum game where he won...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 09, 2017, 09:16:35 am »

There are more problems with the list. His townreads are only the safest townreads:  me, Teproc have been the most widely townread players.

His read on TWM as 'actually slightly scummy' comes straight after I made a case on him and failed to start a wagon - so it looks a little parroty.
His read on Robz is also just a summary of the base consensus opinion.

I guess I believe that as town RR forms his own opinions but as scum he may feel tempted to mimic the already stated opinions of others. So it's the status quo aspect of the reads list I don't like.

Plus Faust just pointed out how he made a list like this in his last scum game where he won...

Make one list and you are scum forever. Just because his reads line up with most everyone else doesn't mean they are scummy, it means we are all reading the same game.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 09, 2017, 09:18:30 am »

Yeah, I completely disagree with everything you just said. Nice 8)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 09, 2017, 09:19:23 am »

Anyway, if you hate the RR lynch so much why don't we just lynch Faust?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 09, 2017, 09:24:08 am »

Yeah, I completely disagree with everything you just said. Nice 8)

But then you should agree about lynching JR. Your case on  rr is that he only makes the safest town/scum reads. What about JR? Of his extremely limited posts ghee had voted 3 times. Once because of an un-announced L-2. Once sheeping. And once based on his little statement about gkrieg.

Pretty safe votes. Almost one he is just willing to vote someone to get a lynch done without really caring who it is.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 09, 2017, 09:24:40 am »

Anyway, if you hate the RR lynch so much why don't we just lynch Faust?

We can, 10 minutes before the deadline.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 09, 2017, 09:28:26 am »

But then you should agree about lynching JR.

Sorry, I disagree about that too. It's hard for me to see how you think JR is a good lynch and RR is a bad lynch. I'm sure it looks similarly confusing from your perspective if you are in fact town.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 09, 2017, 09:29:39 am »

But then you should agree about lynching JR.

Sorry, I disagree about that too. It's hard for me to see how you think JR is a good lynch and RR is a bad lynch. I'm sure it looks similarly confusing from your perspective if you are in fact town.

Yep. Two stuck in the mud townies disagreeing. At least we aren't voting each other

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 09, 2017, 09:30:50 am »

Would prefer robz over faust though. As far as lynching goes.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 19 queries.