Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143574 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D4)
« Reply #1550 on: February 17, 2014, 04:30:48 am »

I gain information. What do we gain from you not claiming?

I'm sure you'd love to know whether your team needs to worry about me catching one of you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 17, 2014, 04:33:06 am »

But yeah, I'm not claiming.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 17, 2014, 04:38:03 am »

Right then.

I'm a Cop.

If pps is telling the truth, the Doc/Cop split is 4/6. If there is any other Cop, they should come out immediately, because that would mean we caught scum.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 17, 2014, 04:43:51 am »

I'm sure you'd love to know whether your team needs to worry about me catching one of you.

Just why do you think I'm scum? Tell me!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 17, 2014, 10:18:35 am »

Scum only votes for town if they need to. If archetype and ahoppy are town, there's been no need to ever vote for town as mafia.

I am not saying this makes you obv scum but I am very confused at your call for town cred for this.

I simply don't agree with the first statement because it is entirely too absolute. To say scum only vote for Town when they need too suggests that they always bus vote when Town is doing the work for them, especially in this game when we rarely get to the end of the day with no one voting.

I sort of agree with the second statement but it falls apart when you try to conflate that statement with me being scum. If AHoppy and Archetype are town and I am Mafia then according to your statement I would never have voted for either of them because scum only votes for Town when they need to and well, Mafia hasn't needed to vote for Town if both of these guys are Town. Do you see how circular and contradictory what you are saying is, or am I really just missing the point entirely?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 17, 2014, 12:24:27 pm »

Right then.

I'm a Cop.

If pps is telling the truth, the Doc/Cop split is 4/6. If there is any other Cop, they should come out immediately, because that would mean we caught scum.

I am a Cop.

So this means it's either you or PPS, right (or both)?  vote: PPS

I don't think faust would put himself in this position if he were scum.  I mean maybe it could be a bold move, assuming that no one else thinks he would do it, but that seems unlikely.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 17, 2014, 12:33:09 pm »

So, scott claimed as well. My initial response is that he is likely town, because that would be a pretty strong move to pull off for a newbie, but I'm cautious here. If scott is scum, there was enough time for his scummates to coach him. It's time for an extensive reread of pps and scott (well, and I guess you guys should reread me).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 17, 2014, 01:00:22 pm »

Starting my reread with scott, because hey, that's probably less work.

- starts with theory discussion, supports the "Cops with results claim" plan pretty early. Fits with his claim.
- votes for no lynch early. If, as it seems, he is a night 4/5 Cop, that makes sense. Gives higher chances to live until your investigation.
- early read: scum is among PPS/TA/yuma
- then votes AHoppy (over Eevee), and later sheeps the case on Teproc
- on day two, he addresses the yuma/Robz situation, and asks yuma a couple of questions. His first really strong player interaction. Note that this has given yuma a town read
- then has a post with a townie feel
- TA disagrees with the sentiment that scotty is townie
- asks "did we agree that Cops only claim with scum results?", which fits a Cop narrative.
- goes for the pingpongsam wagon
- TA suggests "multiple scum in Eevee/AHoppy/Archetype/scott" if yuma is town (which he is) (btw, where did that go?)
- defends his pps vote quite strongly
- hammers Eevee. How about that.
- on D3, he still wants to lynch pps
- today, he was against mass claim because we might not get Cop results

And that's pretty much it. Not many strong interactions, but overall rather townie. I also think that if he's scum, his partners might have wanted to try to build a wagon on him, and that never happened. Right now I'm strongly thinking that pps is the one who's lying (although there's a non-zero chance that both are).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D2)
« Reply #1558 on: February 17, 2014, 01:01:44 pm »

While I'm off rereading pps, I'd like everyone to reminiscence this post, and compare it to TA's current reads:

I feel like, IF Yuma is town, I have a kind of good idea as to who scum is, or at least the general area in which scum is lying.

If Yuma is scum, I have no clue.

Okay, who?

Multiple scum in Eevee/Ahoppy/Archetype/Scott , I think

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D2)
« Reply #1559 on: February 17, 2014, 01:11:15 pm »

While I'm off rereading pps, I'd like everyone to reminiscence this post, and compare it to TA's current reads:

I feel like, IF Yuma is town, I have a kind of good idea as to who scum is, or at least the general area in which scum is lying.

If Yuma is scum, I have no clue.

Okay, who?

Multiple scum in Eevee/Ahoppy/Archetype/Scott , I think

Reads change with more information, ya know.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: February 17, 2014, 01:16:45 pm »

My initial thoughts on Faust/Scott claims: Smells strongly like a setup to me.

I'm saying this because I don't think Faust's actions make sense from the perspective of a town cop. Given that he hasn't claimed results, I'm assuming he's either a N4 or N5 cop. That means, he has a really, really important investigation up his sleeve. Given that we need 3 correct lynches to win, if I'm really in that position, I am definitely going to want to hold my investigation, rather than claiming to potentially catch PPS in a lie.

The action of claiming to "catch" someone fits more in a narrative of getting 1 mislynch rather than getting 3 correct lynches. He's putting everything out there to "catch scum" today, while I think a town cop would not want to claim without an investigation. It just doesn't make sense wasting one investigation to "maybe" catch one person.

It also seemed like he knew another claim was coming. If he's town, he has NO idea that Scott would be a cop, and if there's no cop left, the move is awful -- either you've outed yourself for no gain, or the claim is ripe for scum manipulation. What if Faust and PPS are both town? Damn right a scum is going to counterclaim cop, and try to get either Faust or PPS lynch. The action just doesn't make sense for a town cop, who I think would be way more worried about scum manipulation.

Thing is, though, Faust seemed to know that Scott's claim was coming. I don't know if this is because Scott's his partner or because Faust knew there was 1 unclaimed cop out there, but regardless, Faust knew he was not going to be the last person to claim cop. To me, this smells like a setup of PPS.

I'm happy with my vote on Faust.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 17, 2014, 01:17:56 pm »

Just why do you think I'm scum? Tell me!

After Yuma's flip, I figured I really needed to redirect my reads, and your constant attempts to discredit me have been a huge red flag.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 17, 2014, 01:29:59 pm »

pingpongsam's reread:

- attacks me harshly at the beginning of D1 for advocating a mass claim
- then, this post, which might qualify as scumslip
- much theory talk to follow
- then gives a scummy post about how scum is controlling D1
- goes off to make a case on TA, and comes back having a town read on him. Something looks like pps/TA planning pps' claim already, and pps is setting him up as a reasonable investigation target
- his "conspiracy theory" post follows and leads me further into believing in a TA/pps setup.
- the soft claims Cop. Why?
- says TA is his favorite investigation target.
- wants to lynch Robz or AHoppy. (Not willing to lynch TA)

Well, that's D1 for you. I'm taking a break from this before looking at the other Days, but just from this I already smell a pps/TA/x scumteam.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 17, 2014, 01:31:55 pm »

Faust, your second point doesn't have a link -- what post are you referring to?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 17, 2014, 01:40:16 pm »

I'm saying this because I don't think Faust's actions make sense from the perspective of a town cop. Given that he hasn't claimed results, I'm assuming he's either a N4 or N5 cop. That means, he has a really, really important investigation up his sleeve. Given that we need 3 correct lynches to win, if I'm really in that position, I am definitely going to want to hold my investigation, rather than claiming to potentially catch PPS in a lie.

There's no need to assume I'm a N4 or N5 cop, you know.

The action of claiming to "catch" someone fits more in a narrative of getting 1 mislynch rather than getting 3 correct lynches. He's putting everything out there to "catch scum" today, while I think a town cop would not want to claim without an investigation. It just doesn't make sense wasting one investigation to "maybe" catch one person.

Of course I am willing to put everything out there to catch scum. We're at MyLo, remember? If we mislynch, it's over. So today it is most important to throw everything out there to catch scum! If we do hit scum today, tomorrow we can look for interactions and find scum that way.

It also seemed like he knew another claim was coming. If he's town, he has NO idea that Scott would be a cop, and if there's no cop left, the move is awful -- either you've outed yourself for no gain, or the claim is ripe for scum manipulation. What if Faust and PPS are both town? Damn right a scum is going to counterclaim cop, and try to get either Faust or PPS lynch. The action just doesn't make sense for a town cop, who I think would be way more worried about scum manipulation.

Yes, I'm worried about scum manipulation, which is exactly why I wanted to by all means find out if pps was scum manipulating us. What the problem with Cops being outed at this point? And I didn't "know" there was a claim coming, what makes you say that?

Thing is, though, Faust seemed to know that Scott's claim was coming. I don't know if this is because Scott's his partner or because Faust knew there was 1 unclaimed cop out there, but regardless, Faust knew he was not going to be the last person to claim cop. To me, this smells like a setup of PPS.

I didn't know. How did you even jump to that conclusion.

Let me add that it feels really weird to have a semi-IC push for a lynch like that. That's not at all how someone in your position should play the game, if you are truly town.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 17, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »

If you have a result, you should claim it, now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 17, 2014, 01:42:39 pm »

Faust, your second point doesn't have a link -- what post are you referring to?

Ahh, sorry, I thought I had something, but it turns out it was nothing, and I didn't delete everything.

For completeness' sake, this was the post I was referring to. On my first read, it seemed like pps knew there were only 4 Docs, but it was just that I couldn't count.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 17, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »

What if I have a result on someone who's dead?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 17, 2014, 01:46:36 pm »

Then claim it. You're already outed as a cop if youre really town, so it doesn't matter at that point.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 17, 2014, 01:51:18 pm »

Then claim it. You're already outed as a cop if youre really town, so it doesn't matter at that point.

Rolefishing much? Of course it matters for scum to know if I still have an investigation left or not, and it gives no benefit to town at all.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:50 pm »

Damn it. That's actually pretty good analysis.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 17, 2014, 02:07:49 pm »

I say damn it, because it cuts against my strong town read on faust.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:34 pm »

I will note that scotty is the one person still alive who has received the least suspicion. That tends to be incriminating, but he's stayed so quiet that maybe it's a natural thing in his case.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 17, 2014, 02:09:17 pm »

I will note that scotty is the one person still alive who has received the least suspicion. That tends to be incriminating, but he's stayed so quiet that maybe it's a natural thing in his case.

Plus I think there's a newbie factor

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 17, 2014, 02:09:26 pm »

Rolefishing much? Of course it matters for scum to know if I still have an investigation left or not, and it gives no benefit to town at all.

Dude, you already claimed.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 17 queries.