Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143579 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D3)
« Reply #1475 on: February 14, 2014, 04:32:20 pm »

Chairs has been modkilled.  He was a town cop.

I did this because:

1. It can break the game to get a replacement this late in the game.
2. It was, in a sense, breaking the rules.

NIGHT 3 START

Please get your night actions in within 48 hours.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D3)
« Reply #1476 on: February 16, 2014, 04:55:23 pm »

Jimmmmm was killed last night.  He was a Town Doctor.

DAY 4 START
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D4)
« Reply #1477 on: February 16, 2014, 05:45:54 pm »

So, someone correct me if I am wrong please, but this is LYLO, right?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: February 16, 2014, 06:59:43 pm »

Yeah. 7 players. 4 Town and 3 Scum. Sheesh.

Alright, we need to massclaim. If we mislynch today, scum knowing what our PRs are won't make a difference.

I'm a N1 Doctor.
I protected faust. It was a tossup between him and PPS, and I ended up with faust. Probably the lamest one since D1 there were no obvious people to protect.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 16, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »

Hold on there. I think we still need to discuss whether to massclaim, because if lynch right tonight, we want our PRs in good working order. So, assuming we don't lose right now, mass claim is still bad. Maybe we need to massclaim to not lose right now, but I'm convinced.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 16, 2014, 07:09:50 pm »

but I'm NOT convinced

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 16, 2014, 07:11:51 pm »

I'm a little peeved how yesterday ended. A Townie effectively suicided. It's one thing to mislynch because then we at least had the chance of hitting scum. That said, I'm hoping there is newfound motivation to actually play the game today.

I'm not opposed to a massclaim at this point. I think I prefer to hear if anyone had cop results last night first though.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 16, 2014, 07:12:18 pm »

Hold on there. I think we still need to discuss whether to massclaim, because if lynch right tonight, we want our PRs in good working order. So, assuming we don't lose right now, mass claim is still bad. Maybe we need to massclaim to not lose right now, but I'm convinced.

Scumslip?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 16, 2014, 07:32:51 pm »

With Jimmmmm flipping Town I am more certain that AHoppy and/or Archetype are scum.

Vote: AHoppy

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 16, 2014, 07:33:48 pm »

With Jimmmmm flipping Town I am more certain that AHoppy and/or Archetype are scum.

Why?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: February 16, 2014, 07:37:21 pm »

I definitely think we should at least wait for cop results.

I still don't really see the benefit of massclaim.  I mean if we are otherwise going to mislynch obviously it's better to massclaim, but we're basically throwing away the long-run to slightly improve our chances in the short term.  If we massclaim then we probably never see new cop results (other than PPS's and anyone who claims today).

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 16, 2014, 07:40:33 pm »

Why?

Pretty simple, my reads have basically just been spot on this whole game. I thought Jimmmmm was Town and he was. Robz and chairs were the only guys I thought might be scum but wasn't real sure about and we see how chairs flipped.

I'm still open to an Archetype or scotty lynch but I would have to see some claims/results/arguments first. I feel really good about the likelihood AHoppy flips scum. I've been saying that since D1 and every day in between. There has been nothing to occur that would change my mind otherwise to date.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 16, 2014, 07:44:07 pm »

Fair enough.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 16, 2014, 07:56:20 pm »

I disagree, I am looking in the Faust/Robz/PPS area for scum. Maybe Scott replacing one of those two.

The lack of urgency at the end of D1 and D2 does not lead me to believe we had a good chance at lynching scum.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 16, 2014, 07:57:40 pm »

Vote:Faust . It sucks that we have this stuff to analyze, but I feel that he jumped really quickly on the "A Town member made a slip! Modkill him, now!" Perhaps he didn't realize that it would end the day rather than putting us into MYLO, but that's how I immediately read it. It doesn't make sense for a town member to be jumping so quickly to "HEY NOW WE HAVE TO MODKILL THIS GUY!!!!!"

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 16, 2014, 07:58:07 pm »

I am opposed to massclaim.

Massclaim is good if we need 1 correct lynch to win. But, we need 3 correct lynches to win.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 16, 2014, 07:59:23 pm »

We probably shouldn't be voting at all, just to be safe. Quickhammers are difficult but not impossible, being that scum wins milsnych her.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 16, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »

Why?

Pretty simple, my reads have basically just been spot on this whole game. I thought Jimmmmm was Town and he was. Robz and chairs were the only guys I thought might be scum but wasn't real sure about and we see how chairs flipped.

I'm still open to an Archetype or scotty lynch but I would have to see some claims/results/arguments first. I feel really good about the likelihood AHoppy flips scum. I've been saying that since D1 and every day in between. There has been nothing to occur that would change my mind otherwise to date.

I don't get this argument that you and Faust keep reading.

Your reads being spot on means NOTHING, especially when those have been exclusively town reads. You haven't yet nailed scum. Guess what? It's MUCH easier for scum to correctly identify town than it is for town to correctly identify town.

Why do you think having correct town reads should get you town cred, when if you were scum, you'd know who the town are?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 16, 2014, 08:00:57 pm »

Vote:Faust . It sucks that we have this stuff to analyze, but I feel that he jumped really quickly on the "A Town member made a slip! Modkill him, now!" Perhaps he didn't realize that it would end the day rather than putting us into MYLO, but that's how I immediately read it. It doesn't make sense for a town member to be jumping so quickly to "HEY NOW WE HAVE TO MODKILL THIS GUY!!!!!"

And I don't agree with that at all. It was the right call, as much as I hate it--and as much as I feel like all these sorts of things lately have gone against my side's interests--and I award no scum points for pointing it out.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 16, 2014, 08:02:17 pm »

Robz' effort from D2 on feels like scum!Robz turning it on, and making sure the game goes the way he wants to.

I have admittedly not yet read fully Yuma vs. Robz (I need to, I know my effort this game has been pathetic), but I want to go back and re-read this.

The ends of D1 and D2 were dominated by myself and Yuma. We both had Teproc-Ahoppy-Eevee as three of our top scum reads. The fact that we were allowed to control those day ends, with no one else really intervening, leads me to believe scum was completely ok with that happening, leading me to conclude Ahoppy is town.

I am less sure on Archetype. It's possible Scott was running interference for Archetype at the end of D2, but honestly, I believe more than anything else that Faust/PPS/Robz is the team, or that it's 2/3 of them.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 16, 2014, 08:03:13 pm »

And I don't agree with that at all. It was the right call, as much as I hate it--and as much as I feel like all these sorts of things lately have gone against my side's interests--and I award no scum points for pointing it out.

I know I wouldn't be jumping to have a town read mod-killed. I wouldn't argue against it if it happened. But no way would I jump to point it out.

Do you disagree?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 16, 2014, 08:03:38 pm »

I know I wouldn't be jumping to have a town read mod-killed. I wouldn't argue against it if it happened. But no way would I jump to point it out.

Do you disagree?

Yes, I disagree.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 16, 2014, 08:04:19 pm »

Does anyone oppose to me setting up a claim order for cop results for today, since I'm the closest thing to an IC we have? If not, I will absolutely do this. I do not want to go into later in the day to have scum the ability to pop up with a fakeclaim.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 16, 2014, 08:05:35 pm »

I mean I see what you're saying, but I doubt he would be that bold if scum. And I mean it was just plain the right thing to do. Faust has been a pretty top town read for m for a long time though.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 16, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »

Scum to town:

Faust
Robz
PPS
Archetype
Scott
Ahoppy

Everyone should make one of these lists.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.