Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143565 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D2)
« Reply #900 on: January 25, 2014, 06:18:40 pm »

If Voltaire were still alive he would agree with me!

Guess we will have to ask him after the game is over. But what about TA and faust? Think they will agree with you?

I don't know if they'll agree with. I don't know if they're town, for one thing, as you seem to presume.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 25, 2014, 06:20:10 pm »

I guess I didn't say explicitly why it's scummy... it is scummy to slowly and icnreasingly express a scum read on someone, start a wagon on them, and then kill that wagon as soon as it starts up... and THEN still maintain that that person is scummy. You wanted me around as a scumread for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 25, 2014, 06:58:18 pm »

Run down of events... I am going to try to keep commentary out of it, but that might be hard, so people can look at it and see what they think....

I vote for robz saying "I know Robz is somewhat VLA, but he still gets my vote. If he were in my shoes I think he would agree as he is totally for LALL..." and "Robz 1. is in that group of players 2. Lurking, which I think day1 is more scummy than townie, even with his VLA 3. had the most votes on him (or now has the most votes on him), and at this stage we need to get some wagons going so we can get that precious information you are so interested in to analyze later."

I then shortly leave the Robz wagon for eevee because at that time I was more interested in the eevee wagon than the robz (they were both LALL in my book)

Eventually we get a point where Robz says he has intent to hammer Ahoppy when Ahoppy is at L-1. Voltaire points out a discrepancy between robz's actions and rob's words. Robz responds by saying:

And Eevee is the other wagon (and there's not enough traction for Teproc or chairs). So don't know why the surprise.

I mean it's like him or no one at this point.

To which I vote him... I explain that vote here, saying that it was "more visceral and less logical" and that since it was based off a contradiction it wasn't all that scummy once I thought about it. Anyways... Robz racks up about 4 votes and I unvote and move to teproc.

As part of that process I still say that I have a suspicion of Robz but that I preferred Ahoppy, Eevee or Teproc over him.

Now we are getting into the meat of it:

Robz says this:
Okay yuma, here's how I read your actions.

-- You profess to find me kind of scummy for meta reasons.
-- You vote for me after I do something that you later admit is perfectly sensible.
-- A wagon builds on me, you get off, proclaiming the case is bad.
-- You reiterate suspicion for me based on earlier reasons but want someone else lynched but are keeping your eye on me.

Surely you have to admit, the most plausible reason for those actions is that you are scum. You wanted to have a sucmread on someone not getting lynched, you wanted to be casting a vote for that person, you didn't want to be on that mislynch wagon that would be terrible for your credibility, but then you wanted to make note of our continued suspicion. Despite not wanting that lynch.

Could this be a townie narrative? Yes, but really you must admit it looks bad, you know?

He lists the things I did and then says the most plausible reason is that I am scum and creates a long rambling "narrative" for why it is scummy in a way that ultimately ends up at the conclusion of "it looks bad, you know?" He admits it could be a town narrative--but doesn't actually look to see if it could be... you know... someone who is trying to figure out if he is town? Maybe? Nah... Why even consider that? How did you know you weren't getting lynched? How did I know that? You still had about 4 votes on you and could have easily been lynched. Do I want to be voting for you or not? Do I want you lynched or not? Is it bad to have suspicion of someone but realize that they might not be the best lynch for that particular day?

Anyways... to all of this I say:

Then vote for me...

I won't admit that it looks bad (that is your opinion) I am doing what I am doing at any given time what I think is best to find scum. I am not interested in looking townie to you and I really don't see anything wrong with what I did above... Nor should I given my alignment because even if there is any validity to your logic (which there might be, but I am not too interested in that) the logic arrives at a faulty conclusion so therefore it must be wrong.

Because I am not interested in having an argument where he has already established that I am scum. He didn't even consider... or showed no effort aside from saying "Could this be a town narrative"... of looking at it from a townie narrative. So why should I respond to something if he provides nothing to respond to. I know it isn't a scummy narrative because I know I am not scum. If you want to argue about whether a particular point is scummy, ok, and I feel like I do just that and say "I am doing what I am doing at any given time what I think is best to find scum" and was very clear and focused on my points when I voted and unvoted earlier about my train of thought.

I also said:
Surely you have to admit, the most plausible reason for those actions is that you are scum.

One part of your logic I will comment on is that it lacks a step of showing what I did and why "scummy" is the most plausible explanation... there isn't any step there. You jump from listing statements to making a conclusion without explaining how you got to that point.

To which Robz never responds. This is what he says about the subject through day1...

Yuma, I was disappointed not to even get an acknowledgement that the scum!narrative for your actions was stronger than the town!narrative.

Wow...

I then come into day2 saying:

And I should say that Robz's attempts to discredit me for various yesterday is where I stand with him are exactly how I expect scum robz to attempt to deal with someone who is threatening him as scum.

which is true. It is what Robz as scum does. He picks a fight and tries to get into an argument with that person with the ultimate goal of getting them lynched down the road (kinda what he is accusing me of doing to him here) because note that until just now Robz never voted for me for the above... he just accused me and discredited me to hopefully make people trust my voice less. It is exactly what he did with voltaire when voltaire was onto him and his scummates.

He responds to this saying the following:

And I should say that Robz's attempts to discredit me for various yesterday is where I stand with him are exactly how I expect scum robz to attempt to deal with someone who is threatening him as scum.

Oh, how dare you. I did NO such thing. What you did yesterday was remarkably scummy, right or wrong. And you didn't take one iota of heat for it.

if it was so scummy how come you weren't able to actually show that it was and how come no one else, which includes about 7 townies out there, haven't agreed with you?

and then says "Yuma thinks he doesn't have to be held accountable for scummy things he does--and that it's discrediting him if you try." which as I already said is something that I never said nor meant to imply. I am just saying that until something is shown to actually be scummy--and I don't think it was and neither did anyone else apparently because they didn't jump on it like they wanted you to--I don't see any reason to say something is scummy just because you say it is. You have to show why it is scummy... and yeah... even then I am probably not going to think it is scummy.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 25, 2014, 07:09:17 pm »

I guess I didn't say explicitly why it's scummy... it is scummy to slowly and icnreasingly express a scum read on someone, start a wagon on them, and then kill that wagon as soon as it starts up... and THEN still maintain that that person is scummy. You wanted me around as a scumread for you.

Ok, if that is what you are saying it is, then sure I'll respond to it.

But take a look at the above... see what it actually looks like.

1. I vote for you for LALL and leave it because better options come up. My suspicion of you was never extremely high, but enough to vote for you, especially as you had the largest wagon
2. I start a wagon on you based off a visceral reaction of you saying something that I didn't like... the idea that we couldn't lynch anyone else (turns out we could...) and saying you would hammer Ahoppy despite your previous statement.
3. I didn't kill the wagon. I don't have the power to kill the wagon. but I did express doubt about it once I actually thought about it and realized that my reaction was less logic based.
4. I say that you are scummy. I think this is your crux of your argument, but I don't see why it is scummy. Yeah... I have a scummier read on you, but I specifically state that I would rather lynch Eevee, Ahoppy and Teproc before you, so it can't be that strong of a scum read?

And why do I need to keep you around as a scum read if I am scum? What purpose does that serve? you say it is because I wanted to avoid being on a mislynch wagon and getting heat from that...? Then what was I doing on the Teproc wagon?

So basically I think you have lined up a series of events that occurred and said "this is a scummy narrative" and set that in stone. Based off how you are reacting today I think that you are scum trying to push this through based off the principle that you often used of "he was soooo scummy I had to mislynch him... don't blame me." Well I am not going to let you do that.

you have also accused me of tunneling you. I don't think that is true at all. If tunneling is completely abandoning a read on someone then I guess that might fit the definition of tunneling, but then we would have very different interpretations. I suspected your for lurking, left it for better options, suspected you for the ahoppy thing, left it after I rethought it, suspected you for your discrediting me stance you took late yesterday and have since strengthened that read based off your response just now. I guess saying "I won't lynch anyone but Robz" is "tunnelly" and will give you a point there. But right now there isn't anyone near as scummy in this town compared to you, so I am voting for my scumread. I don't think anyone will be able to convince me of anyone else absent a result on you or someone else... but I will be willing to listen, I am always willing to listen. I don't play with blinders on as town or scum.  You should know that at the least...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 25, 2014, 07:12:44 pm »

I don't play with blinders on as town or scum.  You should know that at the least...

I know you don't play with blinders as town, which is a good reason to not think you are town, because this...

vote: robz won't be moving it unless someone has a town result on him, which isn't very likely at all

... is the very definition of having out blinders on.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 25, 2014, 07:13:00 pm »

put, not out^

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 25, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »

I don't play with blinders on as town or scum.  You should know that at the least...

I know you don't play with blinders as town, which is a good reason to not think you are town, because this...

vote: robz won't be moving it unless someone has a town result on him, which isn't very likely at all

... is the very definition of having out blinders on.

You missed the "as scum or town" part apparently...

And what can I say? I think very strongly at this juncture that you are mafia. If another case presents a strong point or I see a stronger point I will change it... so I guess I should have said "won't be moving it unless there is a good reason to do so. But that sort of a statement is hard to make when worked up, frustrated and annoyed.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 25, 2014, 07:15:35 pm »

You accuse me of "trying to push through your lynch" and then claim that later I will say "He is so scummy, that's why I lynched him." First off, I'm not really pushing through your lynch, it is the beginning of Day 1, I am not like demanding we insta-lynch, and I--unlike you--know that my mind could very well change. SO I think you're far too early to be accusing me of this.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 25, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »

Worked up, frustrated, and annoyed is how I felt and acted when I was scum arguing with town!Voltaire in Modern Community. Tell me again how I am ModComm Robz in your analogy, instead of you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 25, 2014, 07:19:09 pm »

You accuse me of "trying to push through your lynch" and then claim that later I will say "He is so scummy, that's why I lynched him." First off, I'm not really pushing through your lynch, it is the beginning of Day 1, I am not like demanding we insta-lynch, and I--unlike you--know that my mind could very well change. SO I think you're far too early to be accusing me of this.

Because that is what you will do! It is what you do when you are scum. I am not saying you are demanding an insta-lynch, but if you are scum, that is exactly what you will say the next day when I flip town... I am just calling you out before you do it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 25, 2014, 07:22:14 pm »

Worked up, frustrated, and annoyed is how I felt and acted when I was scum arguing with town!Voltaire in Modern Community. Tell me again how I am ModComm Robz in your analogy, instead of you.

Because I am town... duh!

But really... you are taking a point from my argument and completely ignoring the rest. Being worked up, frustrated and annoyed is not indicative of alignment. You should know this again. See yourself in Game of Thrones... or me in Bankers... Sure you were those things in MC... I still don't know why as it was Voltaire that was being attacked from all angles and unfairly just for being right... but that is beside the point.

If you want me to make my point about MC again I will....

it is that you attack players that you feel threaten by or who are threatening your team. if there is a mafia method of operations for Robz this is it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 25, 2014, 07:23:33 pm »

But really... you are taking a point from my argument and completely ignoring the rest.

What I mean by this is that you are taking my comparison and finding reasons to spin it back at me, when my comparison is intended to be microspecific (see the post above) where you are taking it to the macro levels for who knows what reason...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 25, 2014, 07:40:49 pm »

Your comparison just does not fit at all. In my opinion at least, I am not acting at all like I was Mod Comm. I was absolutely trying to discredit him here, and I was frsutrated at him. I repeated this in Toy Story, he easily caught me, and I vowed never to do it again. I'm spinning it back on you to show how ridiculous it is: It fits how yo are behaving here better than it fits me.

I'm not discrediting you here at all. Well I am now because your points against me aren't good. But initial all I was doing was calling attention to something I noticed: How you've acted toward me best fits a scum narrative. It's something I noticed because obviously I pay special attention to how people act toward me, I'm better at evaluating whether I think that's legitimate. So I brought it up, you didn't really address it--you addressed it better in your long post, thanks for that---that's all. You are like way way way jumping the gun on me like no town!yuma I have ever seen: Evaluating your actions is discrediting you, voting for you is pushing a lynch through on you so that I can later say "but we was so scummy," etc., and your vote on me is one it would take an investigation to end.

Not only would Voltaire agree with me, you would agree with me, if you weren't you right now.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 25, 2014, 07:42:09 pm »

God I suck at the fast typing. LEt me rework that top sentence...

"Your comparison just does not fit at all. In my opinion at least, I am not acting at all like I was in Modern Comm. I was absolutely trying to discredit Voltaire there, and I was frustrated at him...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 25, 2014, 07:49:03 pm »

So I brought it up, you didn't really address it--you addressed it better in your long post, thanks for that---that's all. You are like way way way jumping the gun on me like no town!yuma I have ever seen: Evaluating your actions is discrediting you, voting for you is pushing a lynch through on you so that I can later say "but we was so scummy," etc., and your vote on me is one it would take an investigation to end.

I addressed it plenty fine. You were the one who did respond to me....

And I think you are totally off base about this so-called "jumping the gun" which I think is a poor way to call someone reacting to bad points on them... I will always, and have always, responded aggressively to bad cases on me. That is my town meta (yes it is one I copy as scum) but it is one I have established as town... because bad cases on me are bad and either are put forward by town who are thinking incorrectly or by scum who are trying to get me mislynched. I maintain that there have been few "good" cases on me when I have been town.

The slip or something or other brought up against me initially in MXI is one example that I can think of off the top of my head.... I think voltaire also had some decent points about me in back to basics and I responded quite differently there as well--and had him as a town read--but I think if you go back and look at any situation where a bad case was presented against me I reacted very similarly to here.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: January 25, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »

Well, this is to some extent a clash of stylesl I like to recognize "good"* cases even when they are against town me.

*In that they are well argued, consistent, and merited, though false.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 25, 2014, 07:52:49 pm »

anyways... I really want to hear from other players on this subject... and probably won't have much more to say until then... specifically like I said before, faust and TA. I don't know they are town here (as Robz insinuated that I did) but regardless I want to hear from them.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 25, 2014, 07:54:25 pm »

Well, this is to some extent a clash of stylesl I like to recognize "good"* cases even when they are against town me.

*In that they are well argued, consistent, and merited, though false.

Possibly... but I do think that these "good" cases don't often come up against me. Maybe I am just being arrogant, but I think part of this is why I rarely get mislynched. Good cases just don't get built on me when I am town. Far, far more often the cases on me are just bad... and then only way to respond to them is to be aggressive and assertively shoot them down for what they are.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 25, 2014, 07:56:03 pm »

And I think you are totally off base about this so-called "jumping the gun" which I think is a poor way to call someone reacting to bad points on them... I will always, and have always, responded aggressively to bad cases on me. That is my town meta (yes it is one I copy as scum) but it is one I have established as town... because bad cases on me are bad and either are put forward by town who are thinking incorrectly or by scum who are trying to get me mislynched. I maintain that there have been few "good" cases on me when I have been town.

Well, I think it's not a bad case, and you responding aggressively negatively to something that I think has merit and is worth exploring (and I wish there were other people commenting on it!) only makes me think I'm more right and is possibly throwing off my read here, if that is indeed what's happening. I don't think you responding aggressively--this aggresively--is part of your town meta. Your vote for me is something I don't hink I've ever seen from you before.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 25, 2014, 09:45:09 pm »

Well, I just found out the game was reopened and run into this thing with yuma and Robz. I'd have to homework it against yesterday to really conclude anything but my initial thought is these annoyingly protracted things are usually Town scuffles, no? As it is I have to get some sleep so I'll firm up a read on it tomorrow.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 25, 2014, 09:48:32 pm »

Well, I just found out the game was reopened and run into this thing with yuma and Robz. I'd have to homework it against yesterday to really conclude anything but my initial thought is these annoyingly protracted things are usually Town scuffles, no?

Sometimes. Other times they're Town on scum and another scum reminds everyone that normally they're Town on Town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 25, 2014, 10:01:48 pm »

Your vote for me is something I don't hink I've ever seen from you before.

I would agree that it is unusual. But I also think the circumstances we are in are somewhat unusual. Look at what predicated it. I expressed as a general opening of day statement that you were among people that I had found scummier and wanted to look at more in depth.

You responded to that by distorting what I had said, voting for me and discrediting any future case that I would present. I had at the time a pretty good idea of what I would say, but I hadn't actually gone back and looked at it--nor have I completely--but it was how quickly you pre-emptively sought to undermine anything that I would say against you because I think you anticipated that I would come to the correct conclusion that you were scum. and you fear that and attacked before I could...

That is why I voted. Perhaps I stated it too strongly in that I wouldn't vote anywhere else for the entire day. But the circumstances that surround you and my vote for you are very strong in my eyes. Strong enough that I sincerely doubt there will be anything strong enough for me to change how I currently feel.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 26, 2014, 03:45:20 am »

yuma: initial impression is you are both town. Yuma over Robz...but I lean both town.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 26, 2014, 08:27:49 am »

So... yuma/pps/Twisted?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 26, 2014, 09:08:46 am »

Well, I read up on the Robz/yuma tiff and I got no string lean either way. If I got mod confirmation that one of them was scum and the other not and I had to pick which was scum I'd still say Robz. yuma's reaction seems consistent with harassed Town whereas Robz has the cool demeanor of a person completely in control of the situation feigning just the right degree and mix of indifference and resolve without taking the level of investment that yuma has. In other words, yuma has taken a very hazardous position for scum to take so early and Robz has merely exploited it.

I find it fascinating the Eevee wagon that popped up quickly with no real counter from Eevee himself or any other players. Talk about a too easy wagon...

And then, we have Sherlock Jimmmmm who has solved the scum teams and is going to let us all know which players are what roles as well. ::)
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 17 queries.