Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143564 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #425 on: January 17, 2014, 12:09:41 pm »

I'm reading you specifically to be an abrasive and inquisitive townie. I keep waffling on TA, if I put the TA is scum lens on it comes out pretty scummy. I am finding Jimmmmm to be inscrutable and so I don't think he is a willing participant in a TA conspiracy. I would say that if TA is scum then it is likely that so is Teproc because that does fit the theory. If TA comes out clean then I have a hard time seeing Teproc as scum. I think yuma is Town. I think Voltaire is town. I am more null but leaning town on Eevee and AHoppy. scott_pilgrim I am largely null on. He looks like Town to me but I have no meta on that guy and there is an almost pretentious gullibility I am picking up. Robz and chairs are absent so I don't have reads. chairs has at least posted and has been viewed suspiciously but I haven't really agreed with any of it enough to change my vote off of Robz who terrifies me if he is scum and I really want around as Town yet he's not playing the game to date.

The thing that sticks out most to me here is that you have quite a lot of town reads for early d1.

About the bolded part -- once more -- just because you agree with someone's views does not make them town!!! This viewpoint is so apt to being manipulated by scum that it's worth repeating over and over and over.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 17, 2014, 12:11:28 pm »

Well, if he has, I'll point out something that I think is very wrong with this theory : I do not believe for a second that scum picks targets for day 1. Has a scum team ever done this ? My only scum game so far had daychat, so I guess it's not representative, but I can't fathom why you would do this as a scumteam on day 1. Sure, some people are always going to be "easy" mislynches (Morgrim, Archetype, mail-mi, faust recently), but mostly scum is looking to get a feel for the game. Picking targets is something they can do later in the game, but not day 1.

I agree that they won't do this pre-game, but it's certainly feasible to pick a target and then push it for most of the day. Is it just me though or is pps really overestimating the amount of suspicion he had?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:18 pm »

That's not what he's saying in the bolded part though. He's saying he hasn't agreed with the people who find chairs scummy enough to move his vote there. I think that's what he means ? But I agree with your point in general

PPE : He has.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:47 pm »

I think Yuma reacted in a mostly towny way to my vote. And I really don't want to lynch Yuma d1 unless I'm positive he's scum, which I am not here.

Still think that eevee isn't playing like himself -- I associate town d1 eevee with being unsure and not really contributing much until he can get his reads together a bit. Which I didn't see here. vote: eevee

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2014, 12:14:32 pm »

Oops, you are right, I misread that -- my bad.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2014, 12:19:03 pm »

Something something fakevote: teproc omgus something something.

There's a difference between "I have nothing to say" and "I am not following this game".  I'm currently in the former camp.  Is that scummy? Yeah, I guess.  It's unfortunately something I'm almost always stuck in on D1 - as I've found things that interest me (PPS's conspiracy theories don't, and have been the focus lately) I've commented.

FWIW I think PPS is probably Town because I don't think he's this inept as scum.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2014, 12:19:32 pm »

Yeah, bigger town read on faust for the bizarre policy vote. Still trying to sort this out.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2014, 12:20:13 pm »

PPS, do you think you're behaving any differently here than you normally do as town? If so, why?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2014, 12:42:56 pm »

Okay, this response is kind of blanket I'm not going to quote the exact questions I am referring to.

I do think scum do pick Day 1 targets. As scum I generally like to review the list of players and identify who presents the biggest threat or who is the easiest to get a mislynch. In RMM12 we identified sudgy as the mislynch candidate for D1. When things didn't work out on that front we knifed him that night for the WIFOM which overall was a great plan. In some way earlier regular game where I was partnered with YoungNick against manda and sharkbait and Eevee and some old-timer like Robz or Galz or Grujah I don't remember we specifically set out to get the long timer dead ASAP. I am easy target because I tend to be very forward and I tend to be fairly committed to my reads. Also, statistically speaking, I am scum way more often than not so over time I am easy to distrust.

I think conspiracy theories are just that. There is usually a grain of truth in all of them. My gut read told me to doctor Galzria inmy first game ever which earned me MVP, my gut read told me to hammer ashersky in the Grimm game. There was no real supporting evidence in either case. I was Town working on a hunch and an early one at that. I think playing on logical deduction is s much firmer path to take but this is D1 and there is nothing but perception to work with here.

It was good for me to go ahead and puke out what I was seeing. I agree, and said as much earlier, that viewing it all from what is happening to me is a weak position to take primarily because it is impossible to truly get anyone to see what I perceive.

I understand that it is outlandish and even errant and poor play to call scum teams. I am not calling scum teams and I am not asserting that if TA were scum he somehow has to have 4 partners. What I am saying is that IF TA is scum then a partner is in the mix because there appears to be enough cooperation and/or sheeping to support the idea. I have so many Town reads because when I read each player outside the TA partner lens they come off as Town which I think is a more logical way to read someone if my suspicion on TA is wrong. I mean, I did just say calling pairs is bad, right? When I put on the TA must be Town lens everyone around him appears even Townier.

Thus I maintain that either scum is well in control of this game or they aren't really playing this day. You will note where my vote currently stands. I hope this shows that while I have some wild-eyed and breathless views on what may be happening I'm not letting them dictate where I ultimately place my vote because I do recognize the fallibility of it all.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2014, 12:44:02 pm »

Town read on chairs.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2014, 12:45:49 pm »

unvote

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2014, 12:47:40 pm »

Town read on chairs.

This again ? Is there a reason you might want to share with us ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »

Town read on chairs.

This again ? Is there a reason you might want to share with us ?

He forgot about the game.

I had this read on chairs before, and someone tried to tell me he could be scum, but he turned out to be town. I've yet to see scum pull that gambit.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »

Someone ? That's a good point though, scum is less likely to outright forget they're in a game. unvote

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »

Do you think I'm scum, pps?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2014, 12:55:45 pm »

PPS, do you think you're behaving any differently here than you normally do as town? If so, why?

That's a hard question because I just play the game and I don't have any set strategy to stick to so I don't know if I ever really do the same thing twice. It seems that ss town I am generally looked upon as being near morgim levels of crazy. The only reason I survived my 1st game was because scum was reluctant to kill the first time newb player and did not consider they had let the doctor live long enough to make some logical deductions. My 2nd game as Town I acted too crazy to even make it to the first night. In Grimm I faired way better but scum was on the run from the get go and if you will note in that game I was the last to claim and it drew a quick L-1 when it became obvious. Even then my claim was barely enough to save me. I think that game and my first showed that given a Town PR I am more interested in how to best leverage the role action than trying to work the day on the day's terms.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2014, 12:56:05 pm »

Someone ? That's a good point though, scum is less likely to outright forget they're in a game. unvote

I'm curious who it was, and if they were scum or not. I don't remember the game, honestly, I'll try to figure out which it was.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2014, 12:57:20 pm »

I don't know. I think you are my favorite target for discovering your alignment because if I could know you were town I would be able to set said my suspicions and discover a better focus. If I thought you were for sure scum I'd be voting you right now.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2014, 12:58:07 pm »

I also lean town for a different reason -- I don't think scum comes out and "hey guys, I don't really have much to say, I'll be here acti-lurking". Scum tries to find something to say.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 17, 2014, 12:58:59 pm »

I don't know. I think you are my favorite target for discovering your alignment because if I could know you were town I would be able to set said my suspicions and discover a better focus. If I thought you were for sure scum I'd be voting you right now.

Funnily, I am having the same thoughts about you! I read your actions as consistently scummy, but I'm not sure if that makes you scum, if that makes any sense.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2014, 01:00:02 pm »

As for no-lynch, I see the merits of it. I think if there was ever a game to do it, it would be now.

Selfishly, though...I want to play mafia, and that involves lynching people.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2014, 01:01:19 pm »

Selfishly, though...I want to play mafia, and that involves lynching people.

Same. Toy Story sucked.

I'll no-lynch on later days when it makes sense as a one- or two-off, but not consistently.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 17, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »

I should run an Assassin in the Palace game sometime just to see how you guys deal with it  8)

And yeah, this setup is probably one of the most beneficial to no-lynch your way through as a rule, but pitchforks are fun!

vote: twistedarcher for being selfish.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 17, 2014, 01:14:47 pm »

Found it. It was mcmc in KCGM, and mcmc was scum.

Oh lord, I forgot about this game.

Scum does not forget about games. Until I see someone pull this gambit (and yes, it would be easy to pull), huge town read on chairs.

I was scum, I missed an entire day and a half of a blitz game, I completely forgot it.

Blitz though.

Anything to say about the recent votes on you?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 17, 2014, 01:17:24 pm »

Can verify that mcmc missed a blitz game, I was his partner and left out to dry.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.