Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143562 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2014, 07:16:27 am »

vote: yuma for now. Has apparently played this setup before, but his contributions are a bit lacking original thought for that. And the whole "I'm so glad I'm not scum" thing rubs me the wrong way.

Uh, I guess I read that wrong, right? You didn't mean you've played this before, only that your first PM was scum? Well, I still don't like the comment.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2014, 07:16:52 am »

vote: yuma for now. Has apparently played this setup before, but his contributions are a bit lacking original thought for that. And the whole "I'm so glad I'm not scum" thing rubs me the wrong way.

Is this a serious post?

Why wouldn't it be?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2014, 07:45:42 am »

Is this a serious post?

Why wouldn't it be?

I don't know, I guess you misunderstood him.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2014, 09:09:24 am »

Let me get this straight. We are considering telling scum who all the doctors are so they can NK them leaving everyone else defenseless at night?

Also Vote: Robz no explanation needed.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2014, 09:11:55 am »

Let me get this straight. We are considering telling scum who all the doctors are so they can NK them leaving everyone else defenseless at night?

Um, well, we're discussing it, but your sentence makes no sense. If scum NK all the Doctors, that means they're not killing the Cops, who will then not need the protection...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2014, 09:42:17 am »

vote: scott_pilgrim because I haven't played with him yet. Hello!

Not sure about the best route on claiming. Happy to listen to others debate it for a bit.

I was one of yuma's scum partners in the aborted game btw. Coming off my Chocolate Factory win I was actually a little excited about rolling scum for once...

Also not going to be around much this weekend fyi.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2014, 09:46:26 am »

I was one of yuma's scum partners in the aborted game btw. Coming off my Chocolate Factory win I was actually a little excited about rolling scum for once...

Do you think the scum team is stronger or weaker after the re-roll?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2014, 09:50:06 am »

Do you think the scum team is stronger or weaker after the re-roll?

Well, it no longer has me in it, so...slightly stronger? I've only been scum twice, 50/50 on winning, and even though I was given MVP in that game I'm still not really sure what I'm doing as scum.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2014, 10:41:58 am »

Um, well, we're discussing it, but your sentence makes no sense. If scum NK all the Doctors, that means they're not killing the Cops, who will then not need the protection...

So, scum will never fake claim cop and a fake result on someone else? Sure the flip looks bad for them but if all the docs are gone the game is practically LYLO to begin with.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2014, 10:43:53 am »

So, scum will never fake claim cop and a fake result on someone else?

I don't follow. How did I imply that?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2014, 10:45:40 am »

So, scum will never fake claim cop and a fake result on someone else? Sure the flip looks bad for them but if all the docs are gone the game is practically LYLO to begin with.

By the time all the docs are gone, we are already at least in Day4, which is almost LYLO anyway.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2014, 10:48:40 am »

Reading the Chocolate scum QT. We need some rules.

If you are Town, read and understand the setup. Fully. Any misunderstandings will be scrutinised harshly as a likely scum ploy.

If you are Town, do not derphammer a claimed PR. Ever. Check your PPEs! Also, don't derphammer.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2014, 11:02:12 am »

If you are Town, read and understand the setup. Fully. Any misunderstandings will be scrutinised harshly as a likely scum ploy.

If you are Town, do not derphammer a claimed PR. Ever. Check your PPEs! Also, don't derphammer.

Your second advice is a little moot here, considering we are all PRs.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2014, 11:05:16 am »

I haven't played this setup before. I got the first PM and then a new one, like you did yes?

Here is the QT cause sudgy said I could post it... http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/jCA6WQ8g4bs4

So i don't know why you think it should have original thought... I have had as much time to think about this setup as you have (well maybe less, because for the first half I was thinking about it from a scum perspective and freaking out!)

So basically this is a lame vote

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2014, 11:06:08 am »

and even more lame given that you didn't remove your vote once you realized your thinking was in error... Sure it is early game stage, but still a lame vote

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2014, 11:09:55 am »

Well true. That was more general advice than specific to this game. Cops are kind of our PRs in this case.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:17 am »

Well true. That was more general advice than specific to this game. Cops are kind of our PRs in this case.

But also, don't derphammer.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2014, 11:15:46 am »

and even more lame given that you didn't remove your vote once you realized your thinking was in error... Sure it is early game stage, but still a lame vote

Sorry if you think my vote is lame. How about a vote: pingpongsam? Is that better? What he says doesn't make any sense to me.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2014, 11:16:59 am »

Sorry if you think my vote is lame. How about a vote: pingpongsam? Is that better? What he says doesn't make any sense to me.

Definitely an improvement.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2014, 11:18:36 am »

It doesn't make sense to argue against broadcasting who the doctors are?

It doesn't make sense to me to posit something within the first hours of the game and then demonize anyone who thinks it might be a bad idea.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2014, 11:19:56 am »

Hello everyone! 

So I'm thinking we definitely don't need to claim the days that our abilities work.  However, I do agree with Jimmmmm that Docs should claim the day before they can doc.  They may be a VT afterwards and scum can POE, but if the cop who they protect can get a positive result, that would balance that out.  I'm still not sure about claiming roles D1.  It will give us more information to give us a more informed lynch D1 (which I'm all for, I hate D1...), but it does open up our cops to get NK'd by scum... We don't know if we have enough docs to protect all our cops or not so we could pretty easily lose our key players.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2014, 11:23:05 am »

It doesn't make sense to me to posit something within the first hours of the game and then demonize anyone who thinks it might be a bad idea.

Wait, are you talking about me?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2014, 11:35:25 am »

I don't think claiming when your night is is a good idea. Scum can easily say "Yeah I'm a N1 Doc" to get a free pass for the day. Plus if they Town claims, it seems like it would help scum decide who's a threat and who isn't. So I think we should just say whether we are a Doc or a Cop and that's it unless the Cop gets an investigation.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2014, 11:42:40 am »

I don't think claiming when your night is is a good idea. Scum can easily say "Yeah I'm a N1 Doc" to get a free pass for the day. Plus if they Town claims, it seems like it would help scum decide who's a threat and who isn't. So I think we should just say whether we are a Doc or a Cop and that's it unless the Cop gets an investigation.

This. If scum claims N1 Doc, they get a pass and an excuse why they are never night-killed.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2014, 11:46:01 am »

Also, what if someone claims N1 doc, and then it turns out we don't even have a N1 cop? Then the claim was for nothing, and all we've done is given scum more information.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.