Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 145538 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D4: Every Day 4, All The Time)
« Reply #1100 on: May 06, 2018, 06:21:43 am »

Sorry, yeah, no lynch it is then

does anyone find it weird that the same person voting GK yesterday is so easy to jump on this idea now?

I mean it’s bot just an idea from gk, it’s the best possible thing to do - eliminate the variant. We lose nothing from it

We do lose an additional town voice in the discussion. 2 town 1 scum often turns into one person reasoning alone about who to pick.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 06, 2018, 11:37:04 am »

does anyone find it weird that the same person voting GK yesterday is so easy to jump on this idea now?

I mean it’s bot just an idea from gk, it’s the best possible thing to do - eliminate the variant. We lose nothing from it

We do lose an additional town voice in the discussion. 2 town 1 scum often turns into one person reasoning alone about who to pick.

True. I fully expect that it will be me tomorrow deciding between you and LaLight. I mean we could decide today and then no lynch, but that just means scum kills the person that is least likely to give them the win.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 06, 2018, 01:39:01 pm »

True. I fully expect that it will be me tomorrow deciding between you and LaLight. I mean we could decide today and then no lynch, but that just means scum kills the person that is least likely to give them the win.
I'm anticipating the 3 person scenario and thinking I'd rather have two town on my jury than just one.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 06, 2018, 01:40:45 pm »

I'd need to see actual cases to vote gkrieg or DatSwan. Come to think of it, is there a case against me?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 06, 2018, 01:42:34 pm »

I'd need to see actual cases to vote gkrieg or DatSwan. Come to think of it, is there a case against me?

I mean the biggest point against you and for LaLight is that he voted for Hydrad and you didn’t.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 06, 2018, 01:55:10 pm »

I mean the biggest point against you and for LaLight is that he voted for Hydrad and you didn’t.
I drove the Space lynch and he didn't vote Space.

Also this. He wasn't an enthusiastic Hydrad voter.
OK, gkrieg maybe scum but he makes a lot of sense. Sorry, Hydrad, that we played so little, vote: Hydrad
What if scum are offering up their teammate Galzria for towncred? That would explain Galzria's absence and put FOS on DatSwan in particular,  also gkrieg.

Again, we will know that if/when Galz would be lynched. If he's scum, it's still better to lynch him before DS and/or gkrieg
@Lalight
Why were you reluctant to hammer?

well, mostly I still thought gkrieg has more probability to be scum, other than that I am a little bit worried that I just lost us a game and I decided to wait until the end of day, also giving Hydrad a chance to say something which would be valuable if he's scum.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 06, 2018, 01:58:37 pm »

I'm ready to vote Space now. With roleblocker dead, no result means they were rolestopped or commuter.  There's a small chance scum rolestopped town as a diversion, but I don't think so. Any reason to wait?
I'll wait for possible counterclaim.

Cuzz, don't you think your results are incriminating of Space?
Space - Want to say anything before the hammer?
vote: Space

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 06, 2018, 02:05:24 pm »

I drove the Space lynch and he didn't vote Space.

Also this. He wasn't an enthusiastic Hydrad voter.
OK, gkrieg maybe scum but he makes a lot of sense. Sorry, Hydrad, that we played so little, vote: Hydrad
What if scum are offering up their teammate Galzria for towncred? That would explain Galzria's absence and put FOS on DatSwan in particular,  also gkrieg.

Again, we will know that if/when Galz would be lynched. If he's scum, it's still better to lynch him before DS and/or gkrieg
@Lalight
Why were you reluctant to hammer?

well, mostly I still thought gkrieg has more probability to be scum, other than that I am a little bit worried that I just lost us a game and I decided to wait until the end of day, also giving Hydrad a chance to say something which would be valuable if he's scum.

I wasn’t here for 3 straight days to vote for Space. Also I didn’t let Hydrad day slip into no lynch, that would’ve happened otherwise. Also to your previous question, I’m not 100% sure you’re scum, so i’d rather safely narrow the options, or, say, die, that would be perfect
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 06, 2018, 02:14:11 pm »

Hey guys, my vla will be over in 3 days, I wasn’t present because the first town i was in didn’t have any wifi whatsoever. Good job there! I tentatively agree to no lynch, though we can also just lynch efhw and win or, like if for some reason she’s town, no-lynch tomorrow, can’t we?

Ok, I didn't remember your vla.  You sound pretty certain here (bolded part). Your nods to uncertainty here and later (see below) feel manufactured to me.[/quote]

@ everyone - how does going no lynch help us find the remaining skum. To be specific, I am not asking how it narrows the liklihood of finding skum, but how that action in this game state gives us reads to help.

Look, the only thing no lynch does is ondeed narrowing the lynchpool. We don’t have a person who is 100% town, so i mostly suspect each one of you, more or less. If tonight one of you (or better me) dies, it will help to choose

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 06, 2018, 02:17:35 pm »

There's WIFOM about who they would choose to kill, but you and DatSwan could also keep your decisions to yourself. Mine is kind of obvious.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: May 06, 2018, 02:35:26 pm »

YEah, there’s also non-bolded part about “if she’s town” and the fact that i thought there’s 6 of us, so even if we lynch town we don’t lose. That post was written with that in mind

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 06, 2018, 03:14:38 pm »

YEah, there’s also non-bolded part about “if she’s town” and the fact that i thought there’s 6 of us, so even if we lynch town we don’t lose. That post was written with that in mind

I acknowledged the "if she's town" in my reference to comments of uncertainty.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 06, 2018, 03:24:33 pm »

I acknowledged the "if she's town" in my reference to comments of uncertainty.

Still I didn’t know we’re at mylo and thought we can lynch you wothout harm. In the very next post i think i changed the mind, sorry for the confusion at hand. I didn’t think of the game while i was without wifi in the mountains :)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 07, 2018, 03:20:53 am »

@ everyone - how does going no lynch help us find the remaining skum. To be specific, I am not asking how it narrows the liklihood of finding skum, but how that action in this game state gives us reads to help.

Look, the only thing no lynch does is ondeed narrowing the lynchpool. We don’t have a person who is 100% town, so i mostly suspect each one of you, more or less. If tonight one of you (or better me) dies, it will help to choose

I absolutely demand that you to make a case on me.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 07, 2018, 03:23:50 am »

If gkrieg and datswan are both deciding btwn me and lalight, then I think it could be better to have both of them here to hash it out.

I think it is always better to force scum to eliminate one of the options.

dude stop saying stuff like this. I am trying so hard to 100% you
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 07, 2018, 03:24:20 am »

also not trying to hone in on anyone I guess just doing reads in order - but people should go and re check TWM/LL VCA from Days 1 and 2.
What is VCA?

Vote Count Analysis
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 07, 2018, 03:31:11 am »

I want GK to claim who he BPd on N3. Obviously I am not a outstanding force, and even if every single one of us said he should do it the ultimate decision is at the feet of GK. However, I do not see the downside in gaining opinions. I think the best order to gain these opinions would be:
Swan - Obv already said yes
LL -
EFHW -
GK - Not really an opinion, but yea...

So in order:
@ LL - What are your thoughts on GK claiming his D3 target?
@EFHW - What arr your thoughts on GK claiming his D3 target?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 07, 2018, 03:32:23 am »

I want GK to claim who he BPd on N3. Obviously I am not a outstanding force, and even if every single one of us said he should do it the ultimate decision is at the feet of GK. However, I do not see the downside in gaining opinions. I think the best order to gain these opinions would be:
LL -
EFHW -

So in order:

**an outstanding force** (pet peeve)
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 07, 2018, 06:36:34 am »

LL -
EFHW -

So in order:

Don’t see why this is relevant at all

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 07, 2018, 07:35:38 am »

I'm against gkrieg revealing his n3 target. Why do you think it would even be helpful?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 07, 2018, 10:47:15 am »

If gkrieg and datswan are both deciding btwn me and lalight, then I think it could be better to have both of them here to hash it out.

I think it is always better to force scum to eliminate one of the options.

dude stop saying stuff like this. I am trying so hard to 100% you

Datswan, I want to hear your opinions about who is scum. I think you are most likely to be killed at night but I was trying to make it seem like I don’t think you’re town so that I could somehow make it so that it wasn’t you killed at night. The reason why it isn’t good to have reads before a no lynch is that it tells scum exactly who they should kill. The good thing about reads is it lets everyone know one more town persons reads. I was hoping to somehow keep you alive by slightly scum reading you but you won’t just let it happen.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 07, 2018, 10:50:41 am »

LL -
EFHW -

So in order:

Sorry, I still don’t see the point in this. I guess though we would just no lynch again if scum no killed or shot the bullet proof person though. I’ll think about it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 07, 2018, 02:39:04 pm »

Just reread TWM/LaLight.  The big problem I have with this decision between LaLight and EFHW is that LaLight hammered Hydrad.  If it had been EFHW, I totally would instavote LaLight and not even propose a no lynch.

The fact that EFHW being town means she wasn't playing well just doesn't jive with me.  I think EFHW is one of the most underrated players here, and so it is hard for me to believe that she would mess up so bad on day 3.

But LaLight is also playing incredibly apathetically, voting me for no reason (ok there was a reason but it was a very early vote for very brittle reasoning) that I just can't imagine him being town either.

What do you think DatSwan?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 07, 2018, 03:09:39 pm »

Thanks for the vote of confidence, gkrieg, but I was just wrong. Everyone has misreads, no matter how good they are.

So do you think I sacrificed Space for towncred?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 07, 2018, 03:12:03 pm »

Thanks for the vote of confidence, gkrieg, but I was just wrong. Everyone has misreads, no matter how good they are.

So do you think I sacrificed Space for towncred?

I don't think anyone did or didn't sacrifice Space.  It was pretty clear that they were scum.  I don't really put any weight on who was on or off that wagon.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 16 queries.