Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 143306 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #1575 on: October 23, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »

ah, you said you could post it here, so open.... I would hold off ob posting it here. This isn't quite the place for specific setup discussion.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 23, 2013, 09:34:51 pm »

I'm working on creating a mini setup of C9++. I really really really like the idea of rolling for roles (and not just the idea of "Hey, let's pick one of these 4 pre-determined setups").

I have a draft up, if anyone is interested in what I have I'll shoot you a QT link, or I could just post it here, too. I'm sure it needs lots of edits, I am not good at balancing these things quite yet.

I'll look it over.  Happy to sit it out if need be.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 23, 2013, 09:35:58 pm »

I'm working on creating a mini setup of C9++. I really really really like the idea of rolling for roles (and not just the idea of "Hey, let's pick one of these 4 pre-determined setups").

I have a draft up, if anyone is interested in what I have I'll shoot you a QT link, or I could just post it here, too. I'm sure it needs lots of edits, I am not good at balancing these things quite yet.

This is going to end up open yes? If so i'll take a look, but if that means I can't play I don't want to see...

It will be open, I'll PM you in a minute

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 23, 2013, 09:44:35 pm »

Dsell, the most I can tell you about f.ds meta mafia is what Arch said, basically.

PMs will assign you a role, alignment, and someone else's meta.  You're welcome to try to emulate them.  All votes and night kill targets must be metas, not players in the game.  So if I want to lynch Dsell, I don't vote for Dsell, I vote for who I think his meta is.

There are ridiculously crazy roles.  I expect the game to be fast, probably no more than 3 or 4 days maximum.  I would posit that very little effort will be required.

All in all, I think you'd like it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 23, 2013, 09:46:41 pm »

Can someone point me to where people talk about meta-mafia a bit more? Or can someone describe it? It sounds highly intriguing, and I could use a good bastard game.
basically, you have to play the meta of another player that isn't you. It's in your role, I think. ashertype can explain it to you better.

Whaaaaat. Woah. That almost reminds me a little of hydras, but without the secret element.
What we have for certain is...
Each player will be assigned a f.ds player. All actions, votes, etc. Must be targeted against a certain meta (Robz, Dsell, etc.) instead of the player itself.

Should be fun!

vote: shraeye

You got it.  I expect you to play.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 23, 2013, 09:47:41 pm »

Dsell, the most I can tell you about f.ds meta mafia is what Arch said, basically.

PMs will assign you a role, alignment, and someone else's meta.  You're welcome to try to emulate them.  All votes and night kill targets must be metas, not players in the game.  So if I want to lynch Dsell, I don't vote for Dsell, I vote for who I think his meta is.

There are ridiculously crazy roles.  I expect the game to be fast, probably no more than 3 or 4 days maximum.  I would posit that very little effort will be required.

All in all, I think you'd like it.

I'm definitely interested.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 23, 2013, 09:56:46 pm »

Can someone point me to where people talk about meta-mafia a bit more? Or can someone describe it? It sounds highly intriguing, and I could use a good bastard game.
basically, you have to play the meta of another player that isn't you. It's in your role, I think. ashertype can explain it to you better.

Whaaaaat. Woah. That almost reminds me a little of hydras, but without the secret element.
Each player will be assigned a f.ds player. All actions, votes, etc. Must be targeted against a certain meta (Robz, Dsell, etc.) instead of the player itself.

Should be fun!

You got it.  I expect you to play.
I expect everyone to play.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 23, 2013, 10:00:29 pm »

Well, it's designed for 13 right now.  I could expand it to 16 or 21 pretty easily, I think.  But 13 is the sweet spot.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 23, 2013, 10:03:32 pm »

Well, it's designed for 13 right now.  I could expand it to 16 or 21 pretty easily, I think.  But 13 is the sweet spot.
Reserve a spot?

Question: If Robz is not playing, will there still be a Robz meta? If Dsell is playing, is there a possibility of not being a Dsell meta?

Like, is the 13 players playing the 13 metas, or is it 13 of the most known?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 23, 2013, 10:12:47 pm »

Reserve a spot?

Question: If Robz is not playing, will there still be a Robz meta? If Dsell is playing, is there a possibility of not being a Dsell meta?

I'll be playing.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 23, 2013, 10:25:03 pm »

I've revised Hangman to be semi-blitz.  5 day Days and 24 hour Nights.  9 players.  Check it out and sign up!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 23, 2013, 10:32:48 pm »

Add me in for a second normal game!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 23, 2013, 11:12:45 pm »

If you don't mind another set of eyes, I'd love to look it over!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:25 pm »

I've revised Hangman to be semi-blitz.  5 day Days and 24 hour Nights.  9 players.  Check it out and sign up!

I already signed up, right?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 23, 2013, 11:20:55 pm »

Reserve a spot?

It'll be clear at sign ups, but:

"Metas" that are assigned to players will be selected from posted vote counts in any games run on f.ds (I'll probably limit this).  If a vote was cast for the entity, that meta is fair game.  If you wanted to make an exhaustive list of possible vote receivers, you could skim all of the games and make a list from all vote counts.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: October 24, 2013, 10:23:51 am »

Should be fun!

This guy has learned fast.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: October 24, 2013, 10:25:24 am »

Are any of the games in the bastard queue total (or mostly) screw-off games? I haven't followed like any of the recent bastard games, so maybe some of them have been, but the direction things seemed to be moving were towards super flavorful or experimental RMM games. Which is great, but sometimes it's even a little more effort than I want to give. I like a bastard game where it's all just zaniness and jokes and fun with some mafia thrown in. Especially when I'm really busy/in other games, it's a nice mental break. I know that these sorts of games can sometimes get stalled when the players have no info or don't know what to do or if everyone just gets bored, and I know that f.dsers like a little seriousness thrown in with their goofiness, but I feel like there's a good balance somewhere between light-heartedness and an alright game of mafia. Can anyone recommend a game for me?

Maybe I just need to play Drunk Mafia. :P

Have you read BM II, my first Robz Mafia game?  My planned BM is a sequel.  Some of the same mechanics.  Some new.  Some REDACTED

And if you DO want to read that game, you should also read the linked QTs.  Or you'll only be reading about 1/5th of the game.  :D

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 24, 2013, 10:26:30 am »

This is going to end up open yes? If so i'll take a look, but if that means I can't play I don't want to see...

It will be open, I'll PM you in a minute

I'm happy to look it over too.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 24, 2013, 03:44:38 pm »

Is toy story waiting until nov 8th? We probably want to have another game started by then..

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 24, 2013, 03:51:52 pm »

I know it's not just me, but don't wait on my account.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 24, 2013, 04:05:22 pm »

Is toy story waiting until nov 8th? We probably want to have another game started by then..

Hangman semi-blitz seems like it will fit that bill nicely.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: October 24, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »

Hangman semi-blitz seems like it will fit that bill nicely.

Grimm, too.

I think we can skip Grujah.

TA, do you think you can open your game for sign ups?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 24, 2013, 05:05:38 pm »

Yeah, PMs aren't finished but they could be shortly. We'll probably be running matrix mafia.

When do we want it opened?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 24, 2013, 05:17:54 pm »

Currently finishing up my RMM game, which will be Doctor-Who themed as previously stated, and known as Time War Mafia. I'll need someone willing to look over the setup who is not interested in playing.

It's definitely going to lean on the "madness" side of RMM, while still being balanced. It will also have a new mechanic that I hope will be extremely fun. Think coin tokens. Kinda.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 24, 2013, 05:22:01 pm »

Currently finishing up my RMM game, which will be Doctor-Who themed as previously stated, and known as Time War Mafia. I'll need someone willing to look over the setup who is not interested in playing.

It's definitely going to lean on the "madness" side of RMM, while still being balanced. It will also have a new mechanic that I hope will be extremely fun. Think coin tokens. Kinda.
MEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CAN I CAN!

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.