Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118116 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #750 on: November 11, 2013, 11:43:37 pm »

well I will be back tomorrow and try and go at this with a completely fresh approach as I am now 0 for 2 between faust and EFHW.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 11, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »

Well, do you still want Eevee or yuma, EFHW? I'd strongly consider yuma. I'd need to think a lot about Eevee. As for others...mail-mi is probably town, so is Teproc, at the very least I think they're bad lynches today, so that leaves...Walrus. So I guess my lynch pool today is Eevee, yuma, Walrus.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 12, 2013, 08:01:07 am »

This is pretty bad. My two strongest scum reads are the only two who were not on the wagon to lynch the Jailkeeper, so I'm kind of lost right now. I don't think I want to lynch yuma and Voltaire though. I'll reread Eevee and Walrus for now, see what that gives me.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 12, 2013, 09:11:25 am »

That's 3 on Eevee.  L-1.  No one hammer.  State your intent first, then he can claim.  You know the drill.

I do still support this lynch.  I also noticed the disappearance of the Voltaire case and I think that still has promise.  He's also the only one wanting a yuma lynch more than an Eevee one. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 12, 2013, 09:13:11 am »

Is it L-1 ? EFHW and Walrus are voting for Eevee... who else ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 12, 2013, 09:13:46 am »

Ok... so deadline is Wednesday at 8. So that is approx 36 hours.

I am thinking at this point that if we have a BPT it might be best to have them claim. This is my thought...

If a BPT claims it doesn't change what mafia is going to do tonight. They are going to target the JK regardless of whether or not a BPT exists. EFHW is the kill target tonight, targeting anyone else is unthinkable.

The side effect is that IF we get to night3--we might not if we mislynch here and mislynch tomorrow--mafia won't target the BPT and will get a NK through. But we get another IC.

My main concern is that today we dont' have a lot of time left. And I greatly fear that we may end up needing to lynch someone w/o giving them time to claim and end up lynching our other PR. So I think claiming now is the better move.

I don't want to distract too much with this, because scum hunting is obviously a greater priority. But if we have a BPT that is one less person we can lynch today.

It hurts a little bit if we get to Night3 but we aren't guaranteed to get to night3 at this point. So I think we need to take the benefit now while we can.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 12, 2013, 09:14:34 am »

edit: or maybe we are close enough to an eevee lynch? In that case the BPT should stay quiet unless eevee is the BPT or claims the BPT...

but should eevee actually be our lynch?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 12, 2013, 09:18:20 am »

I disagree. What's to prevent scum to claim BPT now ? If we're in the JK vs Goon x2 scenario, they know no one will counterclaim. So BPT claim doesn't give an IC, at least not to me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 12, 2013, 09:22:08 am »

I disagree. What's to prevent scum to claim BPT now ? If we're in the JK vs Goon x2 scenario, they know no one will counterclaim. So BPT claim doesn't give an IC, at least not to me.

This is true to an extent. But the moment that we lynch a roleblocker the game is up (unless the roleblocker claimed BPT....) So ugh... you are right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 12, 2013, 09:51:57 am »

Ok:

I'll reread eevee.

started off with voting walrus and continued that train of thought for quite a while.

I do get townpoints (small, but there from his conversation with me and robz about the ethics of faking emotion. I think that mafia probably just ignores the situation and moves on. Town I think would be willing to have that discussion.

But even more so I find him townie for his stance on the late Robz wagon. I find it townie because he very easily could have joined it. He had expressed some suspicions of robz earlier I think, or rather some things he didn't like about Robz's play and could have joined it without really raising an eyebrow.

As I mentioned before. I was not too happy with eevee disappearing at the end of day1. VLA was part of it, but he was back, but didn't ever catch up. That was disappointing.

He comes into the day in basically the same place that he was day1 with his reads with walrus at the top.

One point to note that others I think have done, but I'll repeat it anyways is that he said he would go back and reformulate his read on walrus something he never did.

He was silent during the theory discussion. No read there for me.

And then his reads post, which has prompted most of today's discussion. I am still not sure why. It looks like a standard reads post, posted because asked what his thoughts were. So I am not sure why a big deal was made out of it. I do agree, as I said before a lack of a refresher on Walrus... so it appears that he is basing his whole read on day1 stuff--early day1 stuff at that... but then again I have been doing the same with my town read on him. I am beginning to think I really need to rethink that read on walrus as well as all my reads this game.

Since then he voted for both mail-mi (for voting for everyone that could be a mislynch) and EFHW (for my case).

So I have some mixed results here. There is more to eevee than meets the eye I think when going back to look at him. He has some townie things to his credit and some scummy things. I dont' think I want to lynch him right here, right now when I still have time to look elsewhere. But come deadline, I think I could support the lynch.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 12, 2013, 09:53:32 am »

Cancel the red alert, I thought mail-mi was still on Eevee.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 12, 2013, 09:54:20 am »

Full game post count:

1. WalrusMcFishSr - 37
2. Chairs/teproc - 28+46= 74
4. Voltaire - 143
5. Yuma - 157
6. EFHW - 103
7. Mail-Mi - 42
8. Eevee - 48

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 12, 2013, 09:55:59 am »

On phone now, will post more this evening, maybe earlier.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 12, 2013, 10:06:40 am »

The last part of yumas big quote: If Eevee flips scum (if we lynch him) then this I think is exactly what he says to the lynch. And according to EFHW I'm off Eevee, (I can't keep of votes to save my life) but intent to intent to hammer. I'll still have to reread him, do don't count that as official by any means.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:15 am »

Ok, so here's where I'm at. Counting myself as town and EFHW as Jailkeeper, I'm looking at yuma, Voltaire, Eevee, Walrus and mail-mi. In these, we have 2 Mafia and 3 Town.

Rereading Eevee, I don't see him as scummy. Pretty much the only scummy thing he's done is not going back on his Walrus case like he said he would, and being absent at the end of day 1. I feel comfortable moving him out of my lynch pool for today.

I maintain a town read on Voltaire, but not for yuma. The fact that EFHW turned out to be JK made me rethink a lot of things, and specifically the fact that I was giving yuma town points for making sense. I still think yuma was more convincing and logical that EFHW actually, but obviously that doesn't mean that much. His idea about BPT claiming just now is also exactly what I would have done as Mafia in that situation. Floating the idea of BPT claiming to see if anyone is opposed, then have the Roleblocker claim. Now this is not conclusive in any way, shape or form, but it's enough for me to have yuma in my lynch pool.

mail-mi wasn't on the EFHW wagon, so that's something. Still very much willing to lynch him though.

Walrus I just reread as well and I'd put him at a decent chance  to be scum. Day 1 he read scummy to me, and Eevee's case made sense. He's been behaving differently day 2, but that might just have been mafia hanging back while town is trying to lynch town.

So, in order of willingness to lynch :
1. mail-mi
2. Walrus
3. yuma
4. Eevee
5. Voltaire
6. EFHW

PPE : I'm guessing you're including pre-game posts ? My post count has slightly less posts for everyone. Here's how it looks like on day 2 (up to #752):

yuma : 53
Voltaire : 50
Teproc : 44
EFHW : 42
mail-mi: 21
Eevee : 15
Walrus : 13

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 12, 2013, 10:09:24 am »

Mine is for the entire day. And I don't take out pre-game posts. Never have, never will.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 12, 2013, 10:21:22 am »

Damn Teproc makes the sense. Looking at his (real) post-count

and taking into effect what we know (and my other reads)...wait, is this the game where I said yuma/Walrus scumteam? Yeah, I'll vote for either of them.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 12, 2013, 10:25:19 am »

and taking into effect what we know (and my other reads)...wait, is this the game where I said yuma/Walrus scumteam? Yeah, I'll vote for either of them.

Huh?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 12, 2013, 10:30:11 am »

Huh?

I like his post count better than yours because his removes pre-game posts (given the option between none and yours, of course I'll still take yours and I respect the time/effort you put into them). I know myself and EFHW are town, no doubt about it. Teproc is playing mega-pro-town to his own detriment if he's scum, I had a town read on chairs, so let's call Teproc town. I'm very comfortable with that, I have to make some assumptions. mail-mi is behaving like town!mail-mi behaves. Wagon-happy, at times anti-town, but town!mail-mi nonetheless. So that leaves three players, two of which are scum if I am at all right. And, casting my memory waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to D1:

Or I could go with my gut. Walrus/yuma scumteam.

(though the context of this quote tells me I really REALLY need to re-read this thread knowing EFHW is town, so...off to do that!)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 12, 2013, 10:32:55 am »

The last part of yumas big quote: If Eevee flips scum (if we lynch him) then this I think is exactly what he says to the lynch.

mail-mi is right, if he is saying that at L-1 scum or the BPT would both claim BPT.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 12, 2013, 10:34:46 am »

How is teproc's play to his detriment if he is scum. I lean with you that he is more likely town than scum, but I think you and others are giving him far more credit than deserved based solely off chair's /outing from the game, which as I explained before I think chairs would have done regardless of his alignment.

I do think teproc is playing well. I disagree with some of his points and he isn't currently at the top of my list, but I dont' think we can just give him a pass and not look at him as potential scum. Doing so I think is dangerous. Same, but inverse with mail-mi.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 12, 2013, 10:35:51 am »

How is teproc's play to his detriment if he is scum. I lean with you that he is more likely town than scum, but I think you and others are giving him far more credit than deserved based solely off chair's /outing from the game, which as I explained before I think chairs would have done regardless of his alignment.

I do think teproc is playing well. I disagree with some of his points and he isn't currently at the top of my list, but I dont' think we can just give him a pass and not look at him as potential scum. Doing so I think is dangerous. Same, but inverse with mail-mi.

Teproc caught you fishing for the BPT.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 12, 2013, 10:36:12 am »

Maybe, of course. But it could definitely be that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 12, 2013, 10:37:14 am »

Teproc caught you fishing for the BPT.

He didn't. I made a dumb mistake. But again, how is that to his detriment? You are being really cryptic here. You aren't an IC in this game. Use full sentences and explain things for us dumb folk.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 12, 2013, 10:37:51 am »

sorry, that probalby crossed the line of not talking about games...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.