Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 186766 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day7
« Reply #1850 on: August 11, 2013, 10:23:40 pm »

ash, the fact that you're greening your name is suspicious. You would normally give unbiased summaries in situations like this.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 11, 2013, 10:25:12 pm »

A few notes on raerae, after re-read.  This was my first reread of her, and first time seriously contemplating her to be scum.

In retrospect, she looks bad on D1.  Classic early day bus on a partner (liopoil) reined in with an unvote and later town read.  A null mention and nothing else on the other partner.  If she's scum, that's a par D1 there.

D2 she unvotes due to "caution" which can go either way.  Important to note, though.

D3 she presses TA as hard as I do.  D4 lynches him.  Any argument against raerae there applies to me.  We reacted differently to liopoil's claim, which I basically called for at one point.

D5-D7 is nullish.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 11, 2013, 10:26:45 pm »

ash, the fact that you're greening your name is suspicious. You would normally give unbiased summaries in situations like this.

In lylo?  I disagree.  I did NOT green my name in the liopoil re-read, as there were more people alive.

These re-reads are for me to decide who to lynch.  The liopoil re-read was for survivors to use in the case of my death.

At this point, I have to find my one town partner among the two of you.  Each of you will state the same.  I expect any argument from both of you to assume you are town.  You should expect the same from me.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 12, 2013, 11:05:21 pm »

It took me an hour and a half to get home today.  shraeye invited people over tonight.  I didn't get a reread done.  Assuming Georgians aren't idiots (ASS.U.ME) I'll be home around 7 p.m. tomorrow and will reread then.  Sorry guys.

Jimmmmm...it appears you haven't had good reread luck either?  Or just waiting to see what we say?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 13, 2013, 09:26:22 pm »

Jimmmmm/raerae, any reads to present?

I think I'm ready to vote.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day1
« Reply #1855 on: August 13, 2013, 09:42:49 pm »

Okay, but more recently than Bankers (which was Mafia XXII, not XXIV, I misspoke) he WAS scum in Mafia something-or-other, along with Eevee and yuma. Ash was NOT crazy. He was highly rational and awesomely devious. He fake claimed a scum result on the town Jailkeeper and got him lynched Day 2. I would expect to see that sort of ash here, not suicidal ash.

Hmm. Do you know off the top of your head what game that was? I might have a look over it at some point. For now, unvote.

Jimmmm, did you ever review Mean Girls?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 13, 2013, 09:44:10 pm »

Ready to vote without giving that person a chance to respond to any case against them?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 13, 2013, 09:48:58 pm »

raerae voting history:

D1: UoS, liopoil, unvotes liopoil, Eevee, chairs
D2: nkirbit, unvotes nkirbit
D3: TA
D4: TA
D5: liopoil
D6: No Lynch

Those last three are all lynch wagons with raerae aboard.  Nkirbit was lynched D2, but raerae was not able to get back on (I stole the hammer).

Ash, why point this out when you were on every lynch except Lio's?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 13, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »

Ready to vote without giving that person a chance to respond to any case against them?

No.  But signaling intent to make a move.  Niether of you are doing a thing.  You've posting excuses.  I get it, real life.  But at some point, we'll have to move on either way.  Hopefully knowing that I, at least, have gotten to a point where I'm ready to take action, will spur you both into action as well.

I would love to has stuff to respond to, cases/points/questions/etc. to help all of us.  Without it, I'll make the call based only on what I've picked up.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 13, 2013, 09:50:24 pm »

raerae voting history:

D1: UoS, liopoil, unvotes liopoil, Eevee, chairs
D2: nkirbit, unvotes nkirbit
D3: TA
D4: TA
D5: liopoil
D6: No Lynch

Those last three are all lynch wagons with raerae aboard.  Nkirbit was lynched D2, but raerae was not able to get back on (I stole the hammer).

Ash, why point this out when you were on every lynch except Lio's?

I'm pointing out everyone's voting history.  I assume you all will point out mine.  I think it is just information to note.  Wagons, voting, etc.  All part of the big picture.

The only thing interesting from your wagons is your D1 voting, to me.  D2-D6 are as expected.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: August 13, 2013, 09:55:21 pm »

Dude, keep your pants on and let's get this right, no need to rush.  I understand you don't want to stall out but we can't push this carelessly.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 13, 2013, 09:57:39 pm »

Dude, keep your pants on and let's get this right, no need to rush.  I understand you don't want to stall out but we can't push this carelessly.

You are posting now, aren't you?  It worked to get at least one person back on track.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 13, 2013, 10:02:46 pm »

You are posting now, aren't you?  It worked to get at least one person back on track.

Don't give yourself that much credit; I was rereading while you were threatening to vote and certainly couldn't let that nonsense happen.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 13, 2013, 11:08:54 pm »

Wagonalysis!

D1:  So, cool thing about having two large wagons is that everybody was voting.  Ash had the hammer and Jimmmmm was in safety position.  To ash's benefit, he did appear to weigh the options prior to voting.

Voltaire(7): shraeye, mcmcsalot, chairs, Jimmmm, TA, Robz, ashersky
chairs (6): nkirbit, Voltaire, Eevee, raerae, liopoil, Snow (L-1)

D2:  Obviously scum will want to be on this lynch and won't want to fight it.  Again, Jimmmmm had a safety position on wagon and ash hammer stole, attempt to gain towncred? 

nkirbit (6): Twistedarcher, liopoil, chairs, Jimmmmm, Robz888, ashersky
Not voting: raerae, mcmcsalot, nkirbit, Eevee

D3:  So I don't really understand No Lynch benefits so I don't know what to say about this.  Obviously Ash and I look bad for voting for a townie but I don't know what Jimmmmmm looks like for voting for a No Lynch.

No lynch: (5) Jimmmmmm, mcmc, Eevee, chairs, ashersky
TA: (3) ashersky, raerae, liopoil (L-2)
ashersky: (1) TA

D4:  Again, Ash and I look bad for voting for a townie but I think Jimmmmmm looks bad for staying away too.  Seems, again, like a safety position.

Twistedarcher (4): ashersky, liopoil, mcmc, raerae
liopoil (1): Twistedarcher
Not Voting: (2) Jimmmm, chairs

D5:  So obviously lio was going down here, nobody fought it and nobody was going to even if we had all been around at the same time.  I don't think we can get much from this.

liopoil (3): Jimmmmm, raerae, chairs
Not voting (2): ashersky, liopoil

D6:  We No Lynched, again, I don't know what that means.

D7:  Dun, dun, daaaaaaaaaaaaa.  (That was dramatic music)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 13, 2013, 11:10:02 pm »

Patiently awaiting your thoughts on life, Jimmmmmm.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 13, 2013, 11:20:57 pm »

Ah my thoughts on life. This is one of many things on my to-do list.

My first thoughts are that the obvious choice is ash. If I remember correctly, he vehemently defended liopoil against Twisted. My second thought is would scum ash really team up with his partner as much as he did? My third thought is that maybe he would, knowing that people would doubt whether he would do that as scum, and then it's just a big ball of WIFOM. Time to start those long-awaited re-reads.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:09 pm »

Ah my thoughts on life. This is one of many things on my to-do list.

My first thoughts are that the obvious choice is ash. If I remember correctly, he vehemently defended liopoil against Twisted. My second thought is would scum ash really team up with his partner as much as he did? My third thought is that maybe he would, knowing that people would doubt whether he would do that as scum, and then it's just a big ball of WIFOM. Time to start those long-awaited re-reads.

If you could find my "vehement defense" of liopoil, I'd be interested in reading it.

I absolutely admit that I believed liopoil over TA.  But, I don't think there was ever a time when liopoil even needed defending.

I will say that I (and raerae to an extent) tied myself to liopoil at some point, by taking his side over TA.  You, for example, took TA's side.

Which side is scum more likely to land on?  The side of the partner that is lying, or the side of the real one that they know is telling the truth?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 13, 2013, 11:27:41 pm »

Bedtime for now.  I'll be back tomorrow evening.  What's the proper protocol here?  Post a case and intent to vote same as always?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 13, 2013, 11:29:48 pm »

Bedtime for now.  I'll be back tomorrow evening.  What's the proper protocol here?  Post a case and intent to vote same as always?

I believe we all post our findings from re-reads.  Once Jimmmmm gets his bits, we'll all post our cases on each other.  Then we can all state intent and see where that puts us.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 13, 2013, 11:30:16 pm »

If you could find my "vehement defense" of liopoil, I'd be interested in reading it.

That was just off the top of my head. I remember you being very much on lio's side and against TA, so much so that you were willing to lynch TA without a counterclaim. I'll have a better memory for things after I've finished my re-read.

Which side is scum more likely to land on?  The side of the partner that is lying, or the side of the real one that they know is telling the truth?

The side that he thinks Townies will think he won't land on.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day1
« Reply #1870 on: August 14, 2013, 12:23:53 am »

Okay, so ash's early Day 1 was characterised by strong opposition to a good plan. It also happened to be a plan that worked, but that's not really as relevant as the fact that it was a good plan. The way that he opposed it actually caused there to be more discussion and confusion about it, and there was a part of it that he claimed not to understand, but instead of clarifying it, he basically said, "It's a bad plan because it's unclear". There are three possibilities that could explain ash's behaviour:

1) He's Town and he thought it was a bad plan, and he was frustrated with others for pursuing it.
2) He's scum and he thought it was a bad plan, and he argued against it because he thought that's what he'd do if he was Town.
3) He's scum and he knew it was a good plan, and so he argued against it and added to the confusion.

My scum reads from 100% scum to 0% scum:

mcmcsalot > Jimmmmm > Eevee > everyone > raerae > shraeye > Robz > ashersky

Some scumreads from ash. If he is scum, he mentioned neither of his partners.

Any plan which chooses a kill target and depends on the full and understandable participation of town players is doomed to fail.

This is mostly just funny because it didn't fail.

In that game, I had a plan.  It would have caught scum, it turns out, although we couldn't know that at the time.  Everyone lambasted it, told me how bad it was for town.  I fought for the plan.  We got steamrolled by mafia.

Now, given that experience, I've always been super aware of the possibility of plans and such. 

This is interesting, I think. It supports 3) above. If it's true that ash is super aware of plans, he would have read the setup pre-game regardless of alignment and thought about what plans could be made. He must have had some inkling of the possibility of the Hider plan.

Let me ask you, and all your planners out there:

If there was such a plan out there for Hiders that it allows Town to just catch scum like that, why isn't it common knowledge, and why are Hiders allowed in games?

I mean, Cops catch scum right?  Trackers/Watchers catch scum.  But even then, it's not 100%.  Mean Girls, I track mcmc, catch scum.  Whoops, nope, I lied.

So now, you think you have this plan where you can just auto-lynch someone based on a numbering system that is inherently flawed (due to being undefined) and boom scumdeadbebopboop.  But it doesn't work that way.  IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

Says the plan is undefined without saying how it's undefined. The only possible result of this is extended discussion on the plan.

scumdeadbebopboop yes it does.

I will readily admit that this plan might actually work and catch scum.  I'm not even arguing that it might not be effective.  I will laugh at poor scum for that, though, as that would be quite a fail (or the Hider is awesome).

Suddenly the plan that was "doomed to fail" might actually work, and he says this as if that's been his opinion all along. He also talks as if scum could easily mess the plan up, or the Hider would have to be awesome in order for it to work, suggesting that it's more complicated and confusing than it actually is.

I think there are very few scum that would fight against something that (to many of you) is clearly "pro-town."

This, I think, is a very good description of ash's Day 1 plan if he's scum.

UoS, I agree that mcmcsalot or Robz would be good lynches.

I prefer mcmcsalot, though.

You and I could put Voltaire to L-1 right now if we wanted.  Not saying we should, just that we could.

I have the following popsquiz:

Want to lynch: mcmc, Robz, TA, Volt
Would lynch: Eevee, liopoil, chairs, nkirbit, Jimmmmm
Won't lynch: me, UoS, raerae, shraeye

Again, if scum, he's named both partners in the middle category.

Robz, scum lio posts more.  Scum lio is hyper-sensitive to being caught lurking.  Lurking and sheeping is just lio.

First significant mention of lio. Dismisses him as not being scum lio, but is still in ash's "would lynch" category.

Unless we're able to get Volt to L-1, nothing is going to happen anyway.

Anyone who switches from Voltaire to hammer chairs will look ULTRA scummy.  I mean, horribly scummy.  Like, hammering chairs to save Voltaire scummy.

The fact that no one is taking the easy opportunity to go the other way (chairs to Volt) tells me even more that chairs is town, because why wouldn't a scumbuddy change his vote by now?  There's no shame in switching to Volt here.

Nkirbit, had you voted for mcmc after UoS, we'd have had 3 on him.  That's momentum.  You killed that momentum and got UoS to revote the towny.  FOS at both of you for that.

This is a very manipulative post.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 14, 2013, 04:57:27 pm »

Guys, this game should be f.ds priority for you guys.  Finishing this frees us all up.  My fellow townie and I have a 50/50 chance.  I know I'm not confident yet...

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 14, 2013, 07:48:57 pm »

No.  My job and my home life take priority always. 

Why aren't you certain now?  You were just read to vote.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 14, 2013, 08:09:56 pm »

Jimmmmmm, when we lynched TA were you not around or did you choose not to participate?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 14, 2013, 08:53:28 pm »

No.  My job and my home life take priority always. 

Why aren't you certain now?  You were just read to vote.

Ready to vote and certain are different things.

I think one of you two is scummier than the other.  Doesn't mean I'm right.

Also, neither your job or your home are part of f.ds, so they don't factor into:

Guys, this game should be f.ds priority for you guys.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.