Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M126: Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 114061 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Day Four to Go
« Reply #725 on: April 26, 2020, 11:30:27 pm »

Willing to hammer LL, but I really don't want to lynch today.

Said every scum ever.

"Willing to hammer X, but I really don't want to..." is basically required scum vocab.

thanks for not hammering!

You were at L-2, so I couldn't.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 27, 2020, 01:12:59 am »

I'm not giving scum the opportunity to say we're the ones that stalled the game.
Tell me how to force mafia to kill and I will happily go along with you. Well not happily, cause boring!!! But we can't? Right? So what is the point?

I'm willing to guilt trip mafia into NKing. Just insta no lynch and go back to night. They're the ones responsible for this.
Responsible for what? Why will guilt trips work? Tou think they will feel bad?

vote: mix

Yes.

These circumstances make me want to vote LaLight, but I know that's not the town thing to do. I'd rather die being town than live playing into scum's play.

I think my LL case is pretty sound. Like more sound than a case I have heard on you. If you are town, and you don't wanna lynch LL... who is it that you wanna lynch? Leave ash out of it for now, that is not happening today.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 27, 2020, 06:37:29 am »

Said every scum ever.

"Willing to hammer X, but I really don't want to..." is basically required scum vocab.

ah

why didMiX intent to hammer me then
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 27, 2020, 08:20:25 am »

I'm not giving scum the opportunity to say we're the ones that stalled the game.
Tell me how to force mafia to kill and I will happily go along with you. Well not happily, cause boring!!! But we can't? Right? So what is the point?

I'm willing to guilt trip mafia into NKing. Just insta no lynch and go back to night. They're the ones responsible for this.
Responsible for what? Why will guilt trips work? Tou think they will feel bad?

Yes.

These circumstances make me want to vote LaLight, but I know that's not the town thing to do. I'd rather die being town than live playing into scum's play.

I think my LL case is pretty sound. Like more sound than a case I have heard on you. If you are town, and you don't wanna lynch LL... who is it that you wanna lynch? Leave ash out of it for now, that is not happening today.

No one. I think I've been pretty clear on that one.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 27, 2020, 08:28:04 am »

Said every scum ever.

ah

why didMiX intent to hammer me then

Because if I voted, ash would hammer, so I basically hammer you by putting you at L-1.

FWIW I agree with Swan, but LL's not the only option for scum. And I don't wanna lynch anyway.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 27, 2020, 08:42:32 am »

I am not used to MiX being quite so stubborn. Hhhmmmm
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 27, 2020, 10:32:35 am »

So mix isn't voting today. Everyone else is. Let's move on.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 27, 2020, 10:36:26 am »

I'll vote, but just to "hammer", which is putting someone at L-1. Obviously I should've done it earlier as I can't see today being anyone other than LL/MiX, but I don't have that kind of foresight.

Since this day is huge (why is it a 2 week day?) I guess I can put forth a case since no one wants to force scum's hand and prefer to play into their plan.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 27, 2020, 11:07:07 am »

I'll vote, but just to "hammer", which is putting someone at L-1. Obviously I should've done it earlier as I can't see today being anyone other than LL/MiX, but I don't have that kind of foresight.

Since this day is huge (why is it a 2 week day?) I guess I can put forth a case since no one wants to force scum's hand and prefer to play into their plan.

That's a mod error, this will be a normal 1 week day. I will fix the deadline info.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 27, 2020, 12:39:27 pm »

I'll be honest, Im actually starting to be swayed my nolynch idea. Once I realized it's still 3 days either way...

Ask yourself this. Would you rather try to get yourself and 2 other town on the same wagon to correctly lynch scum, or you and one other person?

Right. I think getting one other person with you is better than 2, no? (please correct this logic for me if I'm mistaken)

I do think scum will just not NK again and we're back here the same tomorrow. At some point, mod will have to make one of us decide.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 27, 2020, 12:41:46 pm »

On a separate track, I asked this before, is there any scenario on which Dylan would lie, and continue to lie, about PR, and be town?

I could see maybe the lie before (similar to shraye (btw, congratulations!)), but I don't think he'd continue now with that NK. i.e. it'd be good to know if there's still a (non Blocker*) PR out there.

*non Blocker, because this one seems trivial to reveal now.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 27, 2020, 12:43:44 pm »

On a separate track, I asked this before, is there any scenario on which Dylan would lie, and continue to lie, about PR, and be town?

I could see maybe the lie before (similar to shraye (btw, congratulations!)), but I don't think he'd continue now with that NK. i.e. it'd be good to know if there's still a (non Blocker*) PR out there.

*non Blocker, because this one seems trivial to reveal now.

No.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 27, 2020, 12:52:08 pm »

Making it official (for now):

Vote: No Lynch

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 27, 2020, 01:04:24 pm »

Your logic is fine except we have no way to force mafia to act. They know that killing us better for town. So why would they?

We no lynch. They no kill and we are back in the same place. Repeat. Repeat. Until what? It is a tie? The only way we can progress is by lynching mafia.

Plus BORING

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 27, 2020, 01:16:35 pm »

Mod to have to break the stalemate. Maybe they find a creative way. Then, no longer boring. :)

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 27, 2020, 01:20:06 pm »

Your logic is fine except we have no way to force mafia to act. They know that killing us better for town. So why would they?

We no lynch. They no kill and we are back in the same place. Repeat. Repeat. Until what? It is a tie? The only way we can progress is by lynching mafia.

Plus BORING

So you're in the "lynch when there's 4 people alive" camp?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 27, 2020, 02:56:46 pm »

Plus BORING

So you're in the "lynch when there's 4 people alive" camp?
If there is no other course of action. Sure. 3 is better. But if the game rules dont allow then I would rather lynch at 4 than stalemate. This has all been said 10 times instead of talking about who to lynch.

Until something happens to allow town to force a mafia kill  (unlikely) then I think this is just a distraction and a road of futility. And even then no lynch is BORING

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 27, 2020, 03:08:42 pm »

Ok, I had formerly said that lynching yuma, Ash, and MiX would find scum #3. Scum wouldn't be stuck so hard on the no lynch, because the simple fact is scum wants us to go ahead and lynch. Yes, no lynching doesn't really help since there's no way to force scum to shoot either, but I feel like scum would be in the why not, let's just go ahead and lynch, especially when more than half the town agrees rather than sticking out like this, so I'm considering MiX out of the lynch pool.

Which means the case on LL could be true, but I just think Swan is putting too much stock on the off wagon D1, on wagon D2 pool being scummier.  So it's scummier to be on a wagon that successfully lynches scum than it is to be on one that comes up short? That's basically what you're saying. Yuma went from bussing (after momentum was building towards Joseph, they were the fifth person on out of six, so it's not like it was the pivotal vote to make it viable) D1 when raptor failed to hammer to straight up pushing away from Joseph and raptor saying it was a false road to go down, and LL seeing raptor's fail as scummy and voting Joseph is worse? Ok, as I typed that, I guess LL voting so quickly and confidently does come across as scum planning on bussing there...  But if LL is town, yuma should be our next lynch.

Seriously, the only defense yuma has given is that the start of D2 would have been terrible scum play.  Honestly, it almost was great. People were starting to pull away from the Joseph wagon D2 until I claimed, then faust, ash, and maybe someone else came back to it and pushed the lynch through, so it wasn't a given that Joseph was getting lynched. Also, if I remember past games, it seems like people who survive having big wagons D1 tend to make it fairly deep into the game unless they keep looking scummy or get caught by a PR or lie.  As long as Joseph doesn't flip, that slight pressure away from him combined with yuma's other comment about their lynch record being just so-so and fact they could play the "1st game back, I'm rusty" card would be enough to keep pressure off of you.  It's only the cop result and nearly immediate lynch and flip that makes it look bad, because the simple fact is it could have worked.

All that said, willing to vote LL today, but don't remember what the count is yet, so I'm gonna look back before I do.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 27, 2020, 03:09:14 pm »

Ok, I had formerly said that lynching yuma, Ash, and MiX would find scum #3. Scum wouldn't be stuck so hard on the no lynch, because the simple fact is scum wants us to go ahead and lynch. Yes, no lynching doesn't really help since there's no way to force scum to shoot either, but I feel like scum would be in the why not, let's just go ahead and lynch, especially when more than half the town agrees rather than sticking out like this, so I'm considering MiX out of the lynch pool.

Which means the case on LL could be true, but I just think Swan is putting too much stock on the off wagon D1, on wagon D2 pool being scummier.  So it's scummier to be on a wagon that successfully lynches scum than it is to be on one that comes up short? That's basically what you're saying. Yuma went from bussing (after momentum was building towards Joseph, they were the fifth person on out of six, so it's not like it was the pivotal vote to make it viable) D1 when raptor failed to hammer to straight up pushing away from Joseph and raptor saying it was a false road to go down, and LL seeing raptor's fail as scummy and voting Joseph is worse? Ok, as I typed that, I guess LL voting so quickly and confidently does come across as scum planning on bussing there...  But if LL is town, yuma should be our next lynch.

Seriously, the only defense yuma has given is that the start of D2 would have been terrible scum play.  Honestly, it almost was great. People were starting to pull away from the Joseph wagon D2 until I claimed, then faust, ash, and maybe someone else came back to it and pushed the lynch through, so it wasn't a given that Joseph was getting lynched. Also, if I remember past games, it seems like people who survive having big wagons D1 tend to make it fairly deep into the game unless they keep looking scummy or get caught by a PR or lie.  As long as Joseph doesn't flip, that slight pressure away from him combined with yuma's other comment about their lynch record being just so-so and fact they could play the "1st game back, I'm rusty" card would be enough to keep pressure off of you.  It's only the cop result and nearly immediate lynch and flip that makes it look bad, because the simple fact is it could have worked.

All that said, willing to vote LL today, but don't remember what the count is yet, so I'm gonna look back before I do.

there was ppe 1 on this
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 27, 2020, 03:11:36 pm »

Also, the fact that my 3 people that I think are most likely to be scum are the ones on MiX is a point in his favor.

LL's wagon is down to 2, so if we are going to end up lynching someone, Vote: LL

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 27, 2020, 03:15:44 pm »

i am so sure mix is scum, so if i had a chance, I'd fake claim a cop having guilty on him

This is weird enough for me to not feel bad over lynching town!LL to be honest.

Vote: LL

The town play is to no lynch, but there's only 1 town in this game.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 27, 2020, 03:21:34 pm »

Only 1? You finally get me to side with you on no lynch, and then ignore me? Did we have nothing together at all??

What's the vote count?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 27, 2020, 03:24:00 pm »

I believe that is L-1 on LL. either L-1 or L-2. Just heads up.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 27, 2020, 03:25:38 pm »

Only 1? You finally get me to side with you on no lynch, and then ignore me? Did we have nothing together at all??

What's the vote count?

You're...buddying me, I don't like it.

I don't love you as much as everyone else because I don't know you as well, so, sorry about forgetting about you.

I believe that is L-1 on LL. either L-1 or L-2. Just heads up.

It's L-1

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 27, 2020, 03:27:53 pm »

Swan Count:

LaLight (4): WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, Dylan32, MiX
MiX (3): LaLight, ashersky, yuma
No Lynch (1): scolapasta

Takes 5 to Lynch.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 16 queries.