Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45  All

Author Topic: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (game overrrrrrrrrrrrrr)  (Read 108772 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (D1)
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2017, 03:24:50 am »

In my experience the people who've subbed out have been town the overwhelming majority of the time.

unvote

Town points for notifying everyone about the deadline (woah!), and also because the early game joke is actually just the kind of thing I was saying I would expect from lalight.

I don't like joining big existing wagons at this point, I don't trust any of you to be town so it feels like the chance of a wagon forming on scum is smaller.

Vote: dylan? checks the boxes of being hard to read, and traditionally looking towny
to me but not here. (very thin reasons again, i'm sorry dylan i know this is hard to defend against. desperate times).

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2017, 03:34:59 am »

In my experience the people who've subbed out have been town the overwhelming majority of the time.

unvote

Town points for notifying everyone about the deadline (woah!), and also because the early game joke is actually just the kind of thing I was saying I would expect from lalight.

I don't like joining big existing wagons at this point, I don't trust any of you to be town so it feels like the chance of a wagon forming on scum is smaller.

Vote: dylan? checks the boxes of being hard to read, and traditionally looking towny
to me but not here. (very thin reasons again, i'm sorry dylan i know this is hard to defend against. desperate times).

Why don't you like WW wagon? Is he easier to read than Dylan?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2017, 03:39:23 am »

Too many people on it. I think he/other scum would me more motivated to do something about that if it was correct.

I would join to avoid no lynch, I really really can't read WW, other than his wagon positions and such. He is a total mystery to me until we get flips (so I agree a great lynch in that regard - i don't think he would be one of the hardest people to develop a strong townread on for me as well later).

Actually kind of talking myself into voting WW now. The perils of being too damn good at being scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2017, 09:26:06 am »

I'd prefer not to get lynched.  I'm also pretty busy for, like, the rest of this week; I don't think I'll have time to really do anything substantial today.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2017, 09:46:47 am »

unvote

This is a town-ish post, since the easier thing for a scum to do here would be to just promote an existing wagon. I'm also fairly okay with Dylan... I mean, there isn't really a good reason to lynch Dylan, but there also isn't a reason not to, and we have to lynch someone.

But I voted UoS in order to get some kind of reaction, and I've gotten... nothing. Anybody like this wagon?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2017, 10:53:25 am »

Starting a reread:

So, here's a theory. Scum could cooperate to choose their favorite flavor and win it, which may be indicative. let's see..

les playeurs:
1. Eevee
2. LaLight
3. UmbrageOfSnow may choose physics
4. 2.71828... may choose physics
5. Dylan32 may choose physics
6. ashersky
7. Jimmmmm - ?
8. Robz888
9. gkrieg13
10. Witherweaver
11. Calamitas may choose physics
12. harbinger

AND also, which is important! Ash said that if this will be physics, he's out. If he was scum, they would never do it, cause they'd want ash in their team, so RR is an IC.

I chose squirrels, let's claim this.

vote: Calamitas

I give slight scum points to this.  It seems like too much to think about so quickly.

Vote: Calamatis for trying to push pointless flavour talk.

I think this is townie from Jimmmmm.  Null for Calamitas.

Robz gives me slight scum vibes.

Eevee seems townie to me, but I want him to post one more post in the part of the forum that counts so his post count can be 1000.

Actually flavor claiming is straight up terrible.  VTs have a known identical flavor name, so it would just out all the PRs.

People are talking about claiming whether you voted for Physics or not.

Which is about as useful as asking "Do you prefer scum or town" and trying to WIFOM the answers IMO.  But it's not actively bad, just pointless.

This is UoS either misunderstanding what the flavor talk was all about, or trying to find people scummy for something they weren't actually saying.  Scum points to UoS.

LaLight gets scummier and scummier with his defense.

Jimmmm is my strongest town read surprisingly.

It wasn't harmful to town and I'm glad to be out of RVS, and I think WW is wrong about that being a bit ridiculous about that being "a classic scum ploy."

This is what got my vote:

That was a rvs joke i was thinking about the game even started, that would be funny if the flavor will be weird and non-popular just because scum cooperated for choosing it. Actually i helped us out of rvs luckily.

LaLight seemed serious and as soon as he got any criticism he's trying to play it off as a joke.

Thing is that I was 100% joking. Somehow that went as a serious conversation i the end. I think flavor choosing is irrelevant and I don't think RR is IC.
It is not irrelevant, it is proper evidence and makes rr more likely to be town. Not remotely close to IC but still evidence in favor of him being town.

This is a very Calamitas thing to say.  I think it makes him slightly townie actually.

Also Dylan is so far in the background.  Much more than he usually is.

Dang it. I just reread everything twice and the only thing I come away with is a slight town read on Eevee. #105 seems like something scum would probably not say since bringing up flavor claiming is clearly not good for town. I think that was more likely confused/careless/distracted!town.  Other than that, I've just seen a whole bunch of null. At one time I had a reason for voting for Jimmmmm, but I've since forgotten what it was and couldn't remember on the reread.  I didn't see anything that made me want to move it now though.

If I had to pick someone to be suspicious of, right now it might be LL for the joke/not joke thing, although for unspeakable reasons I'm not putting much stock in that; and I might be a freckle suspicious of harbinger, purely for openly suggesting ignoring evidence prior to better evidence being available.  Once better evidence is there, yeah, I agree with his logic, but until it shows up, just discarding it because "all the other clues will probably overshadow it" isn't the best idea. This isn't really enough for me to scum!read them yet; it's just enough to read them closely.

This post still doesn't seem genuine to me.  The Dang it to open it just seems fake to me.

I think WW is also town.  He seems very WWy.

Wow ya Dylan is definitely scum.

Why?

I think his emotion was off on that post I mentioned earlier, and I think this weird sheep vote is also out of character for him.

I was going to vote LL after rereading anyway and voiced agreement for the previous vote. I didn't actually intend to suggest that the prior vote led me to that conclusion, although looking back I definitely see why you see it like that.

The way that Dylan and LaLight are voting for each other makes me almost certain that one or both of them are scum.

Hi and thanks EFHW!

Vote: Robz.

For...?

Because you are hard for me to read. Apparently that is enough...

And this is Dylan's reasoning for getting off the LaLight wagon.

Ok, I'm caught up.  I still feel bad about the last game, so I'll have trouble voting gkrieg, so I seriously hope he is town.

I do wonder what LL was trying to accomplish with his joke. I think it was way too subtle to be confident that people would get it.  I'm having trouble seeing a scum motive there, though.

I don't feel ready to vote, but I will by tomorrow morning, so people know where I stand ahead of tomorrow evening's deadline.

I totally agree with this.  I can't believe you weren't scum in that game!!!

Anyway,

town: Jimmmmmm, Eevee, Calamitas, WW

null (from town to scum): e, EFHW, UoS, RR, Robz

scum: Dylan, LaLight

vote: LaLight

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2017, 11:21:39 am »

Me and Dylan? Both scum? Do you really believe we can be in a team? That would be sooo bad play. I catch scum vibes from Dylan, that's true. But voting for me you merely are making a mistake. I was thinking about my first post a lot, because reasons I can't mention. Let's tell i had a lot of time then and wanted to open rvs with a good joke. That's all.

Unfortunately I won't be here closer to deadline, but i will claim before going to sleep (deadline is 6am at my place) if my wagon will be viable.

Let's lynch scum today, guys, not me.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2017, 11:23:51 am »

Playing more and more i more often ask myself, how would it be if i was in a scum team with guys i played ~10 games with. It's just i try to imagine me and dylan in a team. I think that would be more professional, but I don't know :)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2017, 11:24:10 am »

I'd be okay with Dylan.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2017, 11:26:44 am »

Also note, WW is hard to lynch while my wagon is growing fast.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:17 am »

My overwhelming experience tells me this is not a coincidence.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2017, 11:29:40 am »

WW is always WWy, i remember rereading the game when he and mcmc were scums and won lynching Robz I don't remember either number or flavor but i remember me noting WW haven't changed much. Town!WW contributes more, look at RMM39.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™
« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:04 am »

Starting a reread:

So, here's a theory. Scum could cooperate to choose their favorite flavor and win it, which may be indicative. let's see..

les playeurs:
1. Eevee
2. LaLight
3. UmbrageOfSnow may choose physics
4. 2.71828... may choose physics
5. Dylan32 may choose physics
6. ashersky
7. Jimmmmm - ?
8. Robz888
9. gkrieg13
10. Witherweaver
11. Calamitas may choose physics
12. harbinger

AND also, which is important! Ash said that if this will be physics, he's out. If he was scum, they would never do it, cause they'd want ash in their team, so RR is an IC.

I chose squirrels, let's claim this.

vote: Calamitas

I give slight scum points to this.  It seems like too much to think about so quickly.

Vote: Calamatis for trying to push pointless flavour talk.

I think this is townie from Jimmmmm.  Null for Calamitas.

Robz gives me slight scum vibes.

Eevee seems townie to me, but I want him to post one more post in the part of the forum that counts so his post count can be 1000.

Actually flavor claiming is straight up terrible.  VTs have a known identical flavor name, so it would just out all the PRs.

People are talking about claiming whether you voted for Physics or not.

Which is about as useful as asking "Do you prefer scum or town" and trying to WIFOM the answers IMO.  But it's not actively bad, just pointless.

This is UoS either misunderstanding what the flavor talk was all about, or trying to find people scummy for something they weren't actually saying.  Scum points to UoS.

LaLight gets scummier and scummier with his defense.

Jimmmm is my strongest town read surprisingly.

It wasn't harmful to town and I'm glad to be out of RVS, and I think WW is wrong about that being a bit ridiculous about that being "a classic scum ploy."

This is what got my vote:

That was a rvs joke i was thinking about the game even started, that would be funny if the flavor will be weird and non-popular just because scum cooperated for choosing it. Actually i helped us out of rvs luckily.

LaLight seemed serious and as soon as he got any criticism he's trying to play it off as a joke.

Thing is that I was 100% joking. Somehow that went as a serious conversation i the end. I think flavor choosing is irrelevant and I don't think RR is IC.
It is not irrelevant, it is proper evidence and makes rr more likely to be town. Not remotely close to IC but still evidence in favor of him being town.

This is a very Calamitas thing to say.  I think it makes him slightly townie actually.

Also Dylan is so far in the background.  Much more than he usually is.

Dang it. I just reread everything twice and the only thing I come away with is a slight town read on Eevee. #105 seems like something scum would probably not say since bringing up flavor claiming is clearly not good for town. I think that was more likely confused/careless/distracted!town.  Other than that, I've just seen a whole bunch of null. At one time I had a reason for voting for Jimmmmm, but I've since forgotten what it was and couldn't remember on the reread.  I didn't see anything that made me want to move it now though.

If I had to pick someone to be suspicious of, right now it might be LL for the joke/not joke thing, although for unspeakable reasons I'm not putting much stock in that; and I might be a freckle suspicious of harbinger, purely for openly suggesting ignoring evidence prior to better evidence being available.  Once better evidence is there, yeah, I agree with his logic, but until it shows up, just discarding it because "all the other clues will probably overshadow it" isn't the best idea. This isn't really enough for me to scum!read them yet; it's just enough to read them closely.

This post still doesn't seem genuine to me.  The Dang it to open it just seems fake to me.

I think WW is also town.  He seems very WWy.

Wow ya Dylan is definitely scum.

Why?

I think his emotion was off on that post I mentioned earlier, and I think this weird sheep vote is also out of character for him.

I was going to vote LL after rereading anyway and voiced agreement for the previous vote. I didn't actually intend to suggest that the prior vote led me to that conclusion, although looking back I definitely see why you see it like that.

The way that Dylan and LaLight are voting for each other makes me almost certain that one or both of them are scum.

Hi and thanks EFHW!

Vote: Robz.

For...?

Because you are hard for me to read. Apparently that is enough...

And this is Dylan's reasoning for getting off the LaLight wagon.

Ok, I'm caught up.  I still feel bad about the last game, so I'll have trouble voting gkrieg, so I seriously hope he is town.

I do wonder what LL was trying to accomplish with his joke. I think it was way too subtle to be confident that people would get it.  I'm having trouble seeing a scum motive there, though.

I don't feel ready to vote, but I will by tomorrow morning, so people know where I stand ahead of tomorrow evening's deadline.

I totally agree with this.  I can't believe you weren't scum in that game!!!

Anyway,

town: Jimmmmmm, Eevee, Calamitas, WW

null (from town to scum): e, EFHW, UoS, RR, Robz

scum: Dylan, LaLight

vote: LaLight

You missed the satire of my reason for voting Robz that was me saying that I found his reason for his vote scummy. 

Also, I've just had a really hard time seeing stuff this game that I had thoughts about that weren't already said by other people.  Furthermore, may I point you to NM9 were I was literally the farthest thing from being in the background as scum? I don't want to be in the background as either alignment, but if I don't have anything to say, I'm more likely to stay quiet as town because scum!me would be more conscious about not looking like a lurker. (I know this last statement is weak from your perspective, but it's true)

Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:44 am »

Also note, WW is hard to lynch while my wagon is growing fast.

I don't think me being hard to lynch is correlated to my alignment, let alone causally related.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2017, 11:42:01 am »

I don't really agree with gkrieg's reads at all, which is unusual. I think his reasons for suspecting LaLight and Dylan aren't that good, and they're terrible by town!gkrieg standards.

I think it's most likely neither LL nor Dylan are scum, and baffling unlikely they are both scum.

I'm tempted to vote for Gkrieg here!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2017, 11:44:23 am »

I don't really agree with gkrieg's reads at all, which is unusual. I think his reasons for suspecting LaLight and Dylan aren't that good, and they're terrible by town!gkrieg standards.

I think it's most likely neither LL nor Dylan are scum, and baffling unlikely they are both scum.

Hey, bad reads D1 even from gkrieg do not necessarily mean he's scum!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2017, 11:46:02 am »

Well, I will say that "at least one and maybe both are scum" is a scum tell IMO. Gotta leave the door open on lynching everybody.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2017, 11:47:43 am »

Well, I will say that "at least one and maybe both are scum" is a scum tell IMO. Gotta leave the door open on lynching everybody.

Except that I claimed a bunch of town reads and only want to lynch 2 people.  That is definitely not "leave the door open on lynching everybody"

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2017, 11:56:11 am »

Looking at that quote from gkrieg, Lalight's "joke" was really elaborate. It doesn't really feel like a joke, actually.  It feels like Joseph's stunt about flavor in a recent game.

Were some choices made after receiving alignments? Or is what he is describing actually impossible?

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2017, 11:59:03 am »

Looking at that quote from gkrieg, Lalight's "joke" was really elaborate. It doesn't really feel like a joke, actually.  It feels like Joseph's stunt about flavor in a recent game.

Were some choices made after receiving alignments? Or is what he is describing actually impossible?
There was a vote before alignments were known and a runoff vote after alignments were known. Since ash said he would out for physics, the latter round actually matters.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2017, 12:01:52 pm »

People probably don't care, but if it does matter, I didn't actually vote for anything in the runoff, so I couldn't remember if it happened before or after alignments were handed out, which the main reason I didn't really talk about the setup speculation earlier.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2017, 12:03:59 pm »

People probably don't care, but if it does matter, I didn't actually vote for anything in the runoff, so I couldn't remember if it happened before or after alignments were handed out, which the main reason I didn't really talk about the setup speculation earlier.

Me too!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2017, 12:04:21 pm »

Except that I claimed a bunch of town reads and only want to lynch 2 people.  That is definitely not "leave the door open on lynching everybody"

But you're leaving the door open on two of the people we're most likely to lynch right now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2017, 12:04:35 pm »

There was a vote before alignments were known and a runoff vote after alignments were known. Since ash said he would out for physics, the latter round actually matters.
It looks like it was poll attached the thread?  Is there any way for me to look at the results?  harbinger doesn't say anything in his qt about it.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2017, 12:05:08 pm »

Is there any way for me to look at the results?

sbolded for schadd
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.